April 25, 2024, 05:05:37 AM

Author Topic: England pad their stats versus Trinidad and Tobago 4-0  (Read 7097 times)

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: England pad their stats versus Trinidad and Tobago 4-0
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2005, 02:57:49 AM »
England and the other teams have the 'bragging rights'. We have done nothing to suggest we can beat any team in our group. Our weapon therefore is the complacency of the other teams. By the way, if T&T is to make it into the second round, we will have to play the best games ever to be played by the national team. Forget the 4-0 thrashing of Mexico in 73, forget the Strike Squad running riot in 89, the Soca Warriors will have top play with fire in their bellies, in order to give a good account of themselves.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2005, 03:07:30 AM »
 On Trinidad present form , is cutarse right an left fuh we.
 Use de games against ah shit side like Bahrain and the reality suppose to sink in..
 But that is present form... De coach have six months to improve form.

If we go into the WC without a step up in our performances is best we did not qualify.

My firm belief is that we are going to step up and come to that party, whether the step up means we could draw or beat the might of England is left to be seen.
My gut feeling (an is not because of de vodka ah ahd las night) is that we will put down some serious wuk and come away from the WC with pride intact.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2005, 05:55:31 AM »
Alyuh here really living in a dream world yes.

England could more than put 4 on we......first half alone.

Sweden too could rest plenty goal in we pwefin.

Also Paraguay could warm we and the English stats on Fox Sport are correct........1000/1 to win a WC.

Listen I want us to win.......but alyuh gettin a lil too glad here, until the team play some friendly matches and step up they game to WC level as it stands we going and get cutarse.

All the talk bout Greece, Senegal etc....them players are a class above ours.

Our player pool is small, we have 0 left wing players, no left back replacement,  no Serious WC player midfield playmaker replacement and we fwd line thin.

We strength is the goalkeeper dept and  all the work Jack put in I want Shaka or Ince between we post come June next year.

Get this concacaf mentality out alyuh head........its big gun and big player time.

Right now England and Sweden puttin 4 on we easy.

All the talk bout it does happen on the field, the ball is round yadda yadda is a psychological thing to help the underdog gear theyself up for the game.

The only way we getting points is if we train hard between now and then, play some big friendly and get some good results and each player improve in all aspects of he game. If alyuh vex with me for saying so too bad.....but we get a rough draw, it coulda be worse but we still the shittiest team in this group.

Hard work, sweat and tears and discipline added to that plenty prayers is what making we advance from this group.

Here have some fun with this.....Pick a England XI

Pick the shittiest England XI and then take a long hard look at we best starting 11 and be real with yuhself.

It is a uphill task indeed!

However.......under all the realist talk I hoping by some miracle, we beat Paraguay, draw with Sweden.......Lorse to England only 1-0.
And England get licks 2-0 from Sweden. factor in all the other games........TT and Sweden go tru. TT second on a better Goal Difference to England.........Playing Germany in Group A in the second round.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 06:06:20 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2005, 06:21:37 AM »
ok

here the pros against UK.

1 UK top players will be tired as always at the start of the tournament.( Premier league is the heaviest with no winter stop)

2 They have big stars who always mess up when it is for real, Beckham has always too many business to take care of, Rooney will be blown up by NIKE just that little too much, just how they used to do with Kluivert before.

3 any more ?

Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2005, 06:36:28 AM »
3. Ericcson doh have ah clue what to do wid de midfield.
4. Beckaham have only ah right foot.
5. James go be de goalkeeper.
6. Latas
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Rymizx

• Full Warrior
  • It's a small world ! - No Really...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2005, 07:24:41 AM »
http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/rank/compare.html?static=5

Compare the groups here. For our group B there is no doubting that we are the lowest ranked team. Note however Paraguay is on a general downward trend, we could beat them. England - if we play with the passion (or better ) as we did against mexico, or Bharain we could hold our own with England. A win yes, if not at least a draw.  The Swedes I think we will have it tough.... They are not consistent. But for our opening game it will the hardest..

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2005, 07:56:41 AM »
realistically speaking, we in for the cutass of we life vs England.
Player for player, they in a different class to us, i feel sven and leo might be a lil closer, but still sven is the man.

If football nothing is impossible, and i know we will prepare and fight to the end.

I am very hopefully looking for the shock result.

If England dont beat us by more than 2 goals, it will be a psychological win for us.

Rememebr how happy we was when mex only beat us 2-0 in Mex the odda day?

Paraguay is pressure too, but we hadda prepare for them real deadly. I feel we could get something from them.

Sweden, well i aint know too much bout them, except they daaaaaamn good to be beating england in the recent past.

We have our work cut out for we.

before allyuh post and start to take offense to what the english press saying, and they will be saying much more over the next 6 months, remember that we the definite underdogs.

England playing us is like when we playing Guyana in the shell cup..... actually, Guyana too strong.... maybe Monsterat or anguilla.

We will show no fear and not back down from the challenge i am sure, but we will have to play the game of our lives to stand a chance....

We hadda start looking for friendlies.
1) USA/Scotland again
2) Peru/Chile/Uruguay/COlombia
3) Norway
Actually I taking offense to this dotish post.
TnT Patriot

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2005, 08:15:08 AM »
so wait allyuh acting suprised

qualifying iz what we wanted not to win de damn cup

we wanted ah ticket to de dance not to slap de DJ and wine on the sweetest gal

cool it nah man and worry bout after they hit we 4 we sweet talking all they gal and dem

and maximus song come on the system and we start ah nice chip round de field

men actually vex cause they say 4-0

allyuh doh know football atall atall

allyuh shoulda be ah motivational speaker fuh tranquill this year :rotfl: :rotfl:

let carlos share beat and dog share blade and we all be happy nah man

all should know qualifying was what we wanted 2nd rounds would just be icing on de cake

let beenie worry bout that we goin to party :beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2005, 09:26:08 AM »
http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/rank/compare.html?static=5

Compare the groups here. For our group B there is no doubting that we are the lowest ranked team. Note however Paraguay is on a general downward trend, we could beat them. England - if we play with the passion (or better ) as we did against mexico, or Bharain we could hold our own with England. A win yes, if not at least a draw.  The Swedes I think we will have it tough.... They are not consistent. But for our opening game it will the hardest..

please explain Paraguay's downward trend....
sweden not consistant...what about us?
we played crap against Bahrain and you cannot compare playing a disinterested mexico B team at home..to playing a hungry England A team...in Europe

that said.....no team is unbeatable. but if we doh start opening our eyes about what kinda football we does play, we as fans in for a rude rude awakening. lewwe see what Beenie could do in these 6 months...cause the curent team will get wash. I really suspect that the 2006 soca warriors go be a different animal...

you jes hadda have BELIEF ;)

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2005, 10:00:09 AM »
Football these days is not how it was like 20 years ago.  Football in de  21st century is one we go constantly see old Goliaths fall at de hands of small Davids...

:afro:
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2005, 10:06:38 AM »
people listen allyuh could debate from now till jesus come.nobody know the outcome of those games.just wait,hope and pray and chill.tnt definitly have to step up.this is the ultimate in football.either we do or we dont.we take what we get,learn and move on.that is all.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2005, 10:06:56 AM »
so wait allyuh acting suprised

qualifying iz what we wanted not to win de damn cup

we wanted ah ticket to de dance not to slap de DJ and wine on the sweetest gal

cool it nah man and worry bout after they hit we 4 we sweet talking all they gal and dem

and maximus song come on the system and we start ah nice chip round de field

men actually vex cause they say 4-0

allyuh doh know football atall atall

allyuh shoulda be ah motivational speaker fuh tranquill this year :rotfl: :rotfl:

let carlos share beat and dog share blade and we all be happy nah man

all should know qualifying was what we wanted 2nd rounds would just be icing on de cake

let beenie worry bout that we goin to party :beermug:

:cheers:
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2005, 10:10:13 AM »
Our goal is simple.

BE AS PREPARED AS POSSIBLE.

Each of thes countries has had dissapointments on the big stage before and it can easily happen again.

We need to simply do our best to not make our disappointing mistakes and be in a position to capitalize if they make theirs.

Based on players we cannot match up. But if we are prepared for the right kind of battle we will do well.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline real-warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2005, 10:31:27 AM »
wa happen when england was playin Greece in d Euros or the odds that lara wouldnt make more than 10 in the last teast of the heroic 400* series... hence, f**k ENGLISH ODDS

:rotfl: i agree boy

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2005, 11:03:44 AM »
Ah say lemmeh calm down before I respond to dis article.

The English really think they can beat us 4-0 and beat Paraguay 2-0.

I have confidence in we players, I have confidence in Beenhakker's guidance, and I feel we go make them eat their words.

why would the english not think they cant beat us 4 nil .Please explain why? hey i support trinidad and tobago but i am also a rational person full stop.

i agree with
Grande man

u think honestly we goin and just go to te world cup to make up numbers.

3/4 of our team does play in england or have played in england. and beenhaker know the english game.

we goin there to put up a goof fight and hopefully win. we not goin there to run around like chickens with thier heads cut off.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2005, 11:07:52 AM »
wa happen when england was playin Greece in d Euros or the odds that lara wouldnt make more than 10 in the last teast of the heroic 400* series... hence, f**k ENGLISH ODDS

:rotfl: i agree boy

exactly when did England play Greece in the Euros?

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2005, 11:11:58 AM »
sweden beat england 1-0 in 2004
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2005, 11:15:01 AM »
On paper, England should beat us in their sleep. However, anything can happen in 90 minutes and we do have a coach who has been around the European game for a long time and who has an amazing work ethic when it comes to scouting opponents (remember how he sent scouts to the Uzbekistan-Bahrain game before our game against Mexico).

I know that it will be a herculean task, but I think with the right amount of work, determination and playing as a unit for the full ninety minutes, I think that we could get a good result against England

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2005, 04:09:50 PM »
On paper, England should beat us in their sleep. However, anything can happen in 90 minutes and we do have a coach who has been around the European game for a long time and who has an amazing work ethic when it comes to scouting opponents (remember how he sent scouts to the Uzbekistan-Bahrain game before our game against Mexico).

I know that it will be a herculean task, but I think with the right amount of work, determination and playing as a unit for the full ninety minutes, I think that we could get a good result against England

what do you consider to be a good result against England ?........just curious
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2005, 04:19:27 PM »
sweden beat england 1-0 in 2004

Sweden is England bogey side. England haven't beaten them for something like 11 games stretching back 50 years now. Also they always end up meeting each other. Euro 2000 Quals, WC 2002, Euro 92, WC 90 qualifiers plus regular friendlies.

Sweden is a big side and could easily win this group if England stumble against paraguay or against us.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2005, 07:21:37 PM »

My sentiments exactly. Define good result? Because men considered de loss to Mexico in Mexico a good result.
Toujour Pret!

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2005, 08:28:54 PM »

If we lose to Sweden in the first game, then we will have to beat England and Paraguay to give ourselves a chance of advancing to the 2nd round. If we draw with Sweden, then we can probably advance to the 2nd round with a draw and a wind against Panama. The best case scenario however is two wins and a draw. If we play our Warm-ups against teams that play similar styles to the other teams in the groups and draw on the experience of players like Yorke (he played in champions league with Man Utd. in '99) and has been around the English game since '90, we will  have a reasonable chance

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2005, 08:48:15 PM »
I think we can win it on fitness.

They UK players will still be tired from Premier League.
So T&T needs to do what Australia did to qualify, be more fit & stronger & harder then your oppenment.
Korea won it partly on that last time too.
Put up the biggest fight ever & be prepared for that.
T&T players need to arrive as the strongest & fittest of them all.

Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline chocolatbwoy

• New Warrior
  • Big up all UK Trini's
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2005, 05:03:50 AM »
Bwoy this is a  joke

I live in England and we get this every tournament England enter that they dont fear anyone,on there day they can beat anyone but the reality speaks for itself 1966 in England the only National team success.

Naturally they are favourites to beat us but 4 - 0 is a joke England haven't scored 4 goals in a competitive game for years and when they last did the team they beat 5 - 1 were still in the world cup final. 

As usual England are over hyped and I personally cant wait to see them get knocked out again, and if we can help to do it that would be even better.

SOCA WARRIORS COMING GERMANY 2006

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2005, 02:54:24 PM »

If we lose to Sweden in the first game, then we will have to beat England and Paraguay to give ourselves a chance of advancing to the 2nd round. If we draw with Sweden, then we can probably advance to the 2nd round with a draw and a wind against Panama. The best case scenario however is two wins and a draw. If we play our Warm-ups against teams that play similar styles to the other teams in the groups and draw on the experience of players like Yorke (he played in champions league with Man Utd. in '99) and has been around the English game since '90, we will  have a reasonable chance

Just to clear up some inclusion from the last post. In this post I said "If we draw with Sweden, then we can probably advance to the 2nd round with a draw and wind against Panama" I was referring to Paraguay and not Panama and I really meant "win" instead of "wind". I'm not sure where that came from. I must have been extremely tired or something. Anyway, sorry about that.

Offline trini in korea

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
lets show those fox sports c*nts
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2005, 01:59:22 AM »

Check out this posting from the soccer analyst at fox sports.. Boys lets go out and show them and the
 get the respect we deserve.   Its on now baby !!

June 15th
Trinidad & Tobago: World Rank 51
Odds to win 750-1 (before draw)

If England can't beat T & T they don't deserve to go anywhere except Siberia. T & T qualified via the back door in the play-offs beating a very poor Bahrain outfit and that was their World Cup Final. The team is made up of lads who ply their trade mostly in the lower leagues of England while their two aging stars, Dwight Yorke and Russell Latapy are more likely to be clubbing than training. Leo Beenhakker is a quality coach but he knows that they're there to make up the numbers.

Result, England pads their stats 4-0

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: lets show those fox sports c*nts
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2005, 03:20:24 AM »
 Its up to us ;D

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: lets show those fox sports c*nts
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2005, 06:47:47 AM »
end this thread...we've been here done that already
we get it

the world thinks we are a shite squad

TnT fans start to cry and cuss like babies because they've conveniently forgotten that we've never done anything in international football and had no idea that all teams in our position (some better than us) get this treatment

It's up to the players to make everyone eat their words

OK now....that about covers it....NEXT

1]; } ?>