April 24, 2024, 05:44:11 AM

Author Topic: Are dey saying dat we doh stand ah chance?  (Read 1785 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Are dey saying dat we doh stand ah chance?
« on: April 20, 2005, 05:51:56 AM »
De following excerpt was taken from an article entitled Familiar faces sought on coaching carousel

"Besides Russia and Armenia, the other teams hiring and firing are Costa Rica, Libya, Trinidad and Tobago and Uzbekistan. T&T, who replaced Bertille St Clair with Dutchman Leo Beenhakker, sit bottom of the North, Central American and Caribbean Zone standings and a change now can certainly do no harm to their prospects, which are negligible".

Yuh tink dey saying dat is only when cock have teeth dat we go qualify, or am I reading it wrong?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Are dey saying dat we doh stand ah chance?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 06:25:03 AM »
To hell with them...

But honestly, we not out of de hole yet... if you notice we and Panama is de only 2 teams in concacaf who not even training while de others playing top games, we f**king around... >:(

I feel a song coming on... ::)

We waiting till May.
Then we go play Jabloteh.
And feel we they.
And say de squad looking ok.

Is one set ah licks.
Them men playing like they eating crix.
And then they want to hit Panama six.

It so funny.
Latapy only want money.
Leo say Nakhid is a phenomenon.
He only running back Lebanon.

Leo running in de UK.
To spy on we players and then say they ok.
But when we meet up in May.
He eh know is ah different vibes down they.

We waste a whole month.
De TTFF only pulling stunt.
One man have to pay.
Because we government eh they.
And Oliver Camps only playing whe whe.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 06:30:14 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 06:58:43 AM »
Sam  ..allyuh good yes.. You definitely should get into soca or something.. ;D

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 11:15:43 AM »
De following excerpt was taken from an article entitled Familiar faces sought on coaching carousel

"Besides Russia and Armenia, the other teams hiring and firing are Costa Rica, Libya, Trinidad and Tobago and Uzbekistan. T&T, who replaced Bertille St Clair with Dutchman Leo Beenhakker, sit bottom of the North, Central American and Caribbean Zone standings and a change now can certainly do no harm to their prospects, which are negligible".

Yuh tink dey saying dat is only when cock have teeth dat we go qualify, or am I reading it wrong?

realistically speaking, if u was a foreigner looking in from the outside, you would agree with that statement.
Lets be honest people, we in deep deep deep shit in WCQ.
No if nor buts about it.
Its just we have to keep believeing, cause we know them fellas unpredictable, and is we country we talking about. We cant stop supporting them.
mathematically, we all know it still possible, but some of us here know how T&T responds when we under pressure (eg. strike squad in 89, plus Vs jamaica in 1992, the semi round in 96 when we got 1 pt from 6 games, and the final round in 2001, when we get only 5 pts from a possible 30).
TT has NEVER done anything in the past to prove they have what it takes to overcome serious adversary.
I imagine all 5 other teams in the competition now looking to take as much points from us as they can.
Yuh cyah expect to go world cup and not win at home, plain and simple.
I doh care how improved we look vs costa rica the odda day, we needed to win. As far as i concerned, we play total shit and lucky to get a point.
CR will look good AND ALSO MOST LIKELY BUSS WE ASS IN SAN JOSE, thats the difference between T&T and the other teams in this competition.
We need some serious luck if we are to finish 3rd in this round.
Improved play will not get you to a world cup, goals, good defense, and lucky run will....
I hope Leo have some tricks up his sleeve.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
ARE U REALLY SURPRISED??
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 11:47:03 AM »
ARE U REALLY SURPRISED??

LOOK AT OUR RECORD?

It's only we in TT who know the intricacies of our football know the surprises and results we are truly capable of.

But can u blame foreigners for thinking like dis...OUr semi final performance was pathetic.

So was our last performance in the Hex. We look for lyrics like dat.

Simply put prove dem wrong.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 04:09:58 PM »

It have people who say it doh matter that the performance for the Semis was pathetic cuz all that matter was that we make the next round.

You don't reach WCQ playing shit plain and simple....this concept that we can play shit but still get results is insane.
Play good football and step up to the occasion with the goals to win the match.  We not going anywhere until the team plays better.  No amount of luck going to come the way of a team playing shit.

Luck comes when you work to create the conditions for it....playing good football and THEN maybe a lucky break can give us the result if heaven forbid we need luck.

It pains me waiting till May 1st to start getting ready....and my faith that homework is being done behind the scenes is thin.  A whole 12 days again.....geez an.....I trying to be patient.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005, 05:47:23 PM »
Cut a demo sam  ;D
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

1]; } ?>