April 29, 2024, 01:21:53 AM

Poll

What do you folks predict for Oliver Camps & his future as TTFF President?

He will raise 2014 WC funds & carry on in the job for life as TTFF President
He will be found innocent at end of FIFA’s Cash For Votes Bribery investigations
He would be found guilty at end of FIFA’s Cash For Votes Bribery investigations & get a life ban
He will eventually be forced to resign due to the players’ court case against the TTFF
Just like Oliver himself, you have no idea :-)

Author Topic: Oliver Camps Thread  (Read 123981 times)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Camps says he’ll give up football job if challenged.
« Reply #360 on: August 18, 2010, 02:18:05 PM »

*facepalm*

lemmih help out wit de visual
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Camps says he’ll give up football job if challenged.
« Reply #361 on: August 18, 2010, 03:51:06 PM »
Also mentioned as possible challengers were current TTFF vice presidents Rudolph Thomas and Raymond Tim Kee.

nnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Camps wants to stay as T&TFF holds elections.
« Reply #362 on: November 22, 2010, 03:40:57 AM »
By: Andre E Baptiste (Guardian).

The 2010 Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) Elections will be held today at the Centre of Excellence, Macoya, from 5 pm according to the incumbent president, Oliver Camps.

Camps speaking on Isports Saturday on i95.5fm confirmed today’s elections, with the annual general meeting and the voting for posts. Camps said all positions are up for contention.

Camps also confirmed he was seeking re-election. “I love the sport and I believe that I can still contribute in many ways given my knowledge and experience...but this all is dependent if I am nominated on the day so if they nominate me, I will contest for president,” he revealed.

On the fact that he may face a challenge for the first time, Camps was cautious. “I expect to be challenged...but let us wait and see what happens on the day, because a lot can happen between now and then.”

Camps said all financial members were notified and invited to the meeting but he could not say if special advisor Jack Warner would be present.

“I am not certain if he will be there. I do not know...but he does not vote,” noted Camps. Camps was also very sceptical of the presence of the media.

“We do not normally invite the media, so I am not certain if any notice was given to the media. I do not have the agenda.”
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Camps wants to stay as T&TFF holds elections.
« Reply #363 on: November 22, 2010, 06:09:32 AM »
 :puking:

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 22, 2010, 06:57:38 AM »
Who qualifies as financial member? Zonal presidents required to pay a fee
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 22, 2010, 07:51:42 AM »
I surprise he know there is an election. He not sure who will be there, the agenda, who invited etc. Lol these guys jokey yes!
All American

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 22, 2010, 08:03:48 AM »
Any where else in the world, this election would be a serious occasion. Anyone interested in the future of T&T football, be it at local level or world cup qualification, would be demanding answers before anyone is elected or re elected. Specifically, what will happen if, on friday, the judge supports the players claim for an interim payment of $44 million?

How will this be paid?
In the 4 years since the case began, what contingency plans have been put in place?
What will happen if TTFF become bankrupt?
Where are the audited accounts for 2005-2010?
How much money has been spent defending this case?
Why did no witnesses attend the arbitration and why was no evidence submitted?
Will FIFA suspend T&T if this case is lost and/or TTFF are bankrupt?
What are the implications for the future of T&T football if members associated with TTFF and acting on its behalf have broken the law?

You know, just simple little questions like these. New officers should not be elected until questions like these are answered. How can you elect people to be the guardians and rule makers of national football if they are imcompetent?

This is not an election, its the usual shoe-in of old mates in an exclusive club.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 22, 2010, 08:54:36 AM »
By: Andre E Baptiste (Guardian).

The 2010 Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) Elections will be held today at the Centre of Excellence, Macoya, from 5 pm according to the incumbent president, Oliver Camps.

Camps speaking on Isports Saturday on i95.5fm confirmed today’s elections, with the annual general meeting and the voting for posts. Camps said all positions are up for contention.

Camps also confirmed he was seeking re-election. “I love the sport and I believe that I can still contribute in many ways given my knowledge and experience...but this all is dependent if I am nominated on the day so if they nominate me, I will contest for president,” he revealed.

On the fact that he may face a challenge for the first time, Camps was cautious. “I expect to be challenged...but let us wait and see what happens on the day, because a lot can happen between now and then.”

Camps said all financial members were notified and invited to the meeting but he could not say if special advisor Jack Warner would be present.

“I am not certain if he will be there. I do not know...but he does not vote,” noted Camps. Camps was also very sceptical of the presence of the media.

“We do not normally invite the media, so I am not certain if any notice was given to the media. I do not have the agenda.”

What agenda. Agendas are needed 4 meetings this is a farse.

But lets b thankful this yr we knew d date and time b4 it happen. So d glass half full. Lets c in 3yrs time d media might get a lil invite. We makin progress.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 22, 2010, 09:12:43 AM »
Any where else in the world, this election would be a serious occasion. Anyone interested in the future of T&T football, be it at local level or world cup qualification, would be demanding answers before anyone is elected or re elected. Specifically, what will happen if, on friday, the judge supports the players claim for an interim payment of $44 million?

How will this be paid?
In the 4 years since the case began, what contingency plans have been put in place?
What will happen if TTFF become bankrupt?
Where are the audited accounts for 2005-2010?
How much money has been spent defending this case?
Why did no witnesses attend the arbitration and why was no evidence submitted?
Will FIFA suspend T&T if this case is lost and/or TTFF are bankrupt?
What are the implications for the future of T&T football if members associated with TTFF and acting on its behalf have broken the law?

You know, just simple little questions like these. New officers should not be elected until questions like these are answered. How can you elect people to be the guardians and rule makers of national football if they are imcompetent?

This is not an election, its the usual shoe-in of old mates in an exclusive club.

An election should not be held until the above issues are addressed!
Why is the TTFF having this now for now elections, with the media not being invited & man wants to be re-elected and he has not dealt with those vital issues outlined above for the past four years while he has been in charge? And what contribution has Camps made to T&T football outside of helping to keep JW's pocket fat? But therein lies the important factor that ensures that JW does his best to keep Camps in charge!

Quote:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 22, 2010, 09:16:19 AM »
@ Socapro...the elections were always carded for this year.  Is just the date was kept a big secret, as usual.

This is not an election, 

.....this is madness!!

But say wha,
We going Brazil!!!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 22, 2010, 09:18:03 AM »
@ Socapro...the elections were always carded for this year.  Is just the date was kept a big secret, as usual.

This is not an election, 

.....this is madness!!

But say wha,
We going Brazil!!!!

Always keep yuh eye on d prize is SOCA V SAMBA 2014
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 22, 2010, 05:04:22 PM »
I surprise he know there is an election. He not sure who will be there, the agenda, who invited etc. Lol these guys jokey yes!

my sentiments exactly!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 22, 2010, 05:39:25 PM »
Just saw on CTNT that camps just won the ting again, so much for the supposed revolution!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 22, 2010, 05:46:11 PM »
Just saw on CTNT that camps just won the ting again, so much for the supposed revolution!

Camps eh win nutten.....if nobody compete against him, how he win??  As an aside, since he is named as a defendant in the high court battle, can he be held personally liable should the day come for a pay out??  If yes, I hope he pay until he ole arse kick the bucket and den he generations for 100 years to come pay too!!  Nasty, stinking, dutty, scumbags!!   Steups!!

Anyway, we going Bazil!!!......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 22, 2010, 06:11:16 PM »

what did I tell you on another thread JC? 

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: November 22, 2010, 06:29:52 PM »

It had man on here talking all this revolution talk, and boom, nutten! this board is just ah cyber lime in trute yes, no commitment, no influence, as ah matter of fact the whole of T&T is full of half steppers. it's ah wonder how these ppl manage to qualify for a world cup.

this was one of the reasons i doh ramp with westindians especially trini, BC they too fackin jokey. IMO jack and camps could be moved, ppl just have tuh want it real bad!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

truetrini

« Reply #376 on: November 22, 2010, 06:31:23 PM »
In de History ah de TTFF or TTFA, I bet allyuh Camps is de BEST President it ever had.   ;)

And it is not farfeteched that we going to Brazil...as even a broken clock is right twice in one day....and that clock got it right for Germany...why not Brazil?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 22, 2010, 06:42:36 PM »

It had man on here talking all this revolution talk, and boom, nutten! this board is just ah cyber lime in trute yes, no commitment, no influence, as ah matter of fact the whole of T&T is full of half steppers. it's ah wonder how these ppl manage to qualify for a world cup.

this was one of the reasons i doh ramp with westindians especially trini, BC they too fackin jokey. IMO jack and camps could be moved, ppl just have tuh want it real bad!

Bro,
          off course this is a chat forum. We can't effect change as we would like if we living in foreign. The people home have to do the hard work and we, hopefully, should support them in making the change for the betterment of football. Look at Gally situation. Gally and the 60s men is reall ball jumbies. They have have tried everything to move jack out. They have failed. As long as Jack has FIFA to back him him, we stuck with that vampire. Plain and simple.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 22, 2010, 06:53:02 PM »
T&TFF holds elections

ah wonder if what de T&TFF really mean is "hold erections"? ah mean dis so-called exercise is a regular, self-serving, masturbatory event for the benefit of "jock" warner. anyways .....

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 23, 2010, 12:01:52 AM »
surprise he eh give Natasha Navas the wuk

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 23, 2010, 06:09:23 PM »
NOOOOOO!!!!!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #381 on: November 23, 2010, 06:48:49 PM »
Oliver Camps returns as TTFF President.
By: Hema Ramkisson (TTFF Media).

Oliver Camps was returned unopposed to the position of President of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation at the Federation’s Annual General Meeting at the Centre of Excellence yesterday afternoon.

Camps, who has served in the position since 1992, said he was humbled by the Executive’s decision to return him to the helm.

"I'm honoured and extremely humbled to be given yet another term to serve in the position as President of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation.

I will continue to serve the sport and its stakeholders to the best of my ability. It has been a long and exciting journey and together I am confident we can overcome any obstacle to ensure that football is elevated to the next level.”

The veteran football administrator revealed that he will be taking on a number of new projects during his term including working with the various stakeholders to improve the framework governing club football.

"One of my objectives will be to have a proper restructuring of club football in the country with specific emphasis for the lower league clubs in the various regional associations.

I will be seeking the assistance of the Sports Ministry to ensure there is a proper modern day structure for League football in our country.” Camps stated.

"While many will agree that the 2006 qualification of our men's team for the World Cup would be a major highlight, I think our country's staging of two youth World Cups in 2001 and 2010 has to be among the highlights of my tenure as President of the TTFF." The President added.

At the opening of a CONCACAF Media Relations Workshop today, the President of the Caribbean Football Union Jack Warner, congratulated Camps on his return to Office.

“Oliver Camps has been a long-serving member of the football family. He continues to work tirelessly with all stakeholders to ensure that the sport advances to the next level. I wish him all the best and I am confident we will continue to see positive developments.”

The Minister of Sport, the Hon. Anil Roberts, who was also at the opening, congratulated Mr. Camps saying he expected another “exceptional four years in football.”

Also offering congratulations was President of the TT Pro League Mr. Dexter Skeene. “On behalf of the TT Pro League I would like to congratulate Mr. Camps on his re-election. We will continue to work with the Football Federation to improve the sport. The relationship between the Pro League and Federation has improved greatly under the leadership of Mr. Camps.

Oliver Camps, a past president of the Harvard Sports Club, is also a past manager of the T&T Men's Senior team, holding that position in 1973 when T&T narrowly missed out on qualifying for the 1974 World Cup and again in 1989 when the National Team missed out on qualifying for Italy 1990 by a single point.

Also elected at the AGM were Rudolph Thomas, Lennox Watson and Krishendath Kuarsingh as the Federation’s three Vice Presidents.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 23, 2010, 07:10:43 PM »
Oliver Camps was returned unopposed to the position of President of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation at the Federation’s Annual General Meeting at the Centre of Excellence yesterday afternoon.

STEUPS!
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 23, 2010, 07:35:50 PM »
Are we really this powerless to bring about a postive change?!  ???  :-\  :-[  :'(
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 23, 2010, 07:41:06 PM »

STEUPS!

this post says it all
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 23, 2010, 07:47:51 PM »

STEUPS!

this post says it all

Ah now see why yuh chose that name, it saves you doing this!  :frustrated:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 23, 2010, 10:04:55 PM »
Are we really this powerless to bring about a postive change?!  ???  :-\  :-[  :'(

yes, oui, si !!!!!!!!

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 24, 2010, 12:05:04 AM »
Oliver Camps returns as TTFF President.
By: Hema Ramkisson (TTFF Media).

"While many will agree that the 2006 qualification of our men's team for the World Cup would be a major highlight, I think our country's staging of two youth World Cups in 2001 and 2010 has to be among the highlights of my tenure as President of the TTFF." The President added.

??? I see he chose his words wisely and say it was among the highlights whilst he was at the head...but we all know he had nothing to do with those events happening in our country!
 :thumbsdown:

Big Up!

Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 24, 2010, 12:33:45 AM »
The relationship between the Pro League and Federation has improved greatly under the leadership of Mr. Camps.

Can someone explain to me the significance of this statement? Since the Pro League was formed, no one else has been leader! It leads you to believe that there were problems before Camps came into office, but really, the only problems between ProLeague and TTFF could only have occured while Camps was in charge!

Also, I notice big talk about stakeholders in football. I guess that players and supporters don't count as stakeholders?

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 24, 2010, 12:34:06 AM »
wham? tim kee went against and ent vp no more awa?

1]; } ?>