April 20, 2024, 10:15:13 AM

Poll

What do you folks predict for Oliver Camps & his future as TTFF President?

He will raise 2014 WC funds & carry on in the job for life as TTFF President
He will be found innocent at end of FIFA’s Cash For Votes Bribery investigations
He would be found guilty at end of FIFA’s Cash For Votes Bribery investigations & get a life ban
He will eventually be forced to resign due to the players’ court case against the TTFF
Just like Oliver himself, you have no idea :-)

Author Topic: Oliver Camps Thread  (Read 122907 times)

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
Re: Camps wants to stay as T&TFF holds elections.
« Reply #390 on: November 24, 2010, 07:25:56 AM »
Oliver Camps returns as TTFF President.
By: Hema Ramkisson (TTFF Media).

Oliver Camps was returned unopposed to the position of President of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation at the Federation’s Annual General Meeting at the Centre of Excellence yesterday afternoon.

Camps, who has served in the position since 1992, said he was humbled by the Executive’s decision to return him to the helm.

"I'm honoured and extremely humbled to be given yet another term to serve in the position as President of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation.

I will continue to serve the sport and its stakeholders to the best of my ability. It has been a long and exciting journey and together I am confident we can overcome any obstacle to ensure that football is elevated to the next level.”

The veteran football administrator revealed that he will be taking on a number of new projects during his term including working with the various stakeholders to improve the framework governing club football.

"One of my objectives will be to have a proper restructuring of club football in the country with specific emphasis for the lower league clubs in the various regional associations.

I will be seeking the assistance of the Sports Ministry to ensure there is a proper modern day structure for League football in our country.” Camps stated.

"While many will agree that the 2006 qualification of our men's team for the World Cup would be a major highlight, I think our country's staging of two youth World Cups in 2001 and 2010 has to be among the highlights of my tenure as President of the TTFF." The President added.

At the opening of a CONCACAF Media Relations Workshop today, the President of the Caribbean Football Union Jack Warner, congratulated Camps on his return to Office.

“Oliver Camps has been a long-serving member of the football family. He continues to work tirelessly with all stakeholders to ensure that the sport advances to the next level. I wish him all the best and I am confident we will continue to see positive developments.”

The Minister of Sport, the Hon. Anil Roberts, who was also at the opening, congratulated Mr. Camps saying he expected another “exceptional four years in football.”

Also offering congratulations was President of the TT Pro League Mr. Dexter Skeene. “On behalf of the TT Pro League I would like to congratulate Mr. Camps on his re-election. We will continue to work with the Football Federation to improve the sport. The relationship between the Pro League and Federation has improved greatly under the leadership of Mr. Camps.

Oliver Camps, a past president of the Harvard Sports Club, is also a past manager of the T&T Men's Senior team, holding that position in 1973 when T&T narrowly missed out on qualifying for the 1974 World Cup and again in 1989 when the National Team missed out on qualifying for Italy 1990 by a single point.

Also elected at the AGM were Rudolph Thomas, Lennox Watson and Krishendath Kuarsingh as the Federation’s three Vice Presidents.

What de F**K is this,  "TALES FROM THE CRYPT"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae5XwkSguNI
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 24, 2010, 07:30:02 AM »
The relationship between the Pro League and Federation has improved greatly under the leadership of Mr. Camps.

Can someone explain to me the significance of this statement? Since the Pro League was formed, no one else has been leader! It leads you to believe that there were problems before Camps came into office, but really, the only problems between ProLeague and TTFF could only have occured while Camps was in charge!

Also, I notice big talk about stakeholders in football. I guess that players and supporters don't count as stakeholders?

Its called politics my friend, everything that surrounds football in T&T is all poltics.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 24, 2010, 12:43:51 PM »
bullshittier and bullshittier
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #393 on: November 24, 2010, 12:55:42 PM »
The relationship between the Pro League and Federation has improved greatly under the leadership of Mr. Camps.

Can someone explain to me the significance of this statement? Since the Pro League was formed, no one else has been leader! It leads you to believe that there were problems before Camps came into office, but really, the only problems between ProLeague and TTFF could only have occured while Camps was in charge!

Also, I notice big talk about stakeholders in football. I guess that players and supporters don't count as stakeholders?
TTFF news sounding and more and more like them communist party press release.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 24, 2010, 06:39:57 PM »
"I'm honoured and extremely humbled to be given yet another term to serve in the position as President of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation.

I will continue to serve the sport and its stakeholders to the best of my ability. It has been a long and exciting journey and together I am confident we can overcome any obstacle to ensure that football is elevated to the next level.”

The veteran football administrator revealed that he will be taking on a number of new projects during his term including working with the various stakeholders to improve the framework governing club football.

"One of my objectives will be to have a proper restructuring of club football in the country with specific emphasis for the lower league clubs in the various regional associations.

STEUPPS!!!!!!!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 24, 2010, 06:55:03 PM »
Since 1992 he dey and still talking bout I plan to do this and I plan to do that.....big wet f$%#$ng Steups!!!

But say wha, we going Brazil!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 24, 2010, 08:11:24 PM »
Since 1992 he dey and still talking bout I plan to do this and I plan to do that.....big wet f$%#$ng Steups!!!

But say wha, we going Brazil!!

D ONLY TING HE EH PLANNING 2 DO IS RETIRE.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 24, 2010, 09:04:26 PM »
Camps elected as T&TFF boss again

guardian
Published: 24 Nov 2010

Oliver Camps...re-elected for another four-year term.

Insurance consultant Oliver Camps was returned unopposed to the position of president of the T&T Football Federation at the Federation’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) held at the Centre of Excellence on Monday evening.Camps, who has served in the position since 1992, said he was humbled by the executive’s decision to return him to the helm and the support given by the general membership.

“I’m honoured and extremely humbled to be given yet another term to serve in the position as president of the T&T Football Federation. I will continue to serve the sport and its stakeholders to the best of my ability. It has been a long and exciting journey and together I am confident we can overcome any obstacle to ensure that football is elevated to the next level.”

“One of my objectives will be to have a proper restructuring of club football in the country with specific emphasis for the lower league clubs in the various regional associations.

I will be seeking the assistance of the Sports Ministry to ensure there is a proper modern day structure for League football in our country,” Camps stated. “While many will agree that the 2006 qualification of our men’s team for the World Cup would be a major highlight, I think our country’s staging of two youth World Cups in 2001 and 2010 has to be among the highlights of my tenure as president of the TTFF,” the president added.

Camps re-election took place in the presence of zonal representatives, affiliates and one of the TTFF’s honorary members, the honourable Minister of Works and Transport Austin Jack Warner.The other positions that were up for election were those of vice presidents: Rudolph Thomas, Lennox Watson and Krishendath Kuarsingh elected as the federation’s three vice Presidents.

Concacaf media workshop

At the opening of a CONCACAF Media Relations Workshop yesterday, the President of CONCACAF and the Caribbean Football Union Jack Warner, congratulated Camps on his return to office. He said: “Oliver Camps has been a long-serving member of the football family. He continues to work tirelessly with all stakeholders to ensure that the sport advances to the next level. I wish him all the best and I am confident we will continue to see positive developments.”

The Minister of Sport, the honourable Anil Roberts, who was also at the opening, congratulated Camps saying he expected another “exceptional four years in football.”Also offering congratulations was chief executive officer of the T&T Pro League Dexter Skeene.“On behalf of the T&T Pro League I would like to congratulate Mr Camps on his re-election. We will continue to work with the Football Federation to improve the sport.

The relationship between the Pro League and Federation has improved greatly under the leadership of Mr Camps.”Camps, a past president of the Harvard Sports Club, is also a past manager of the T&T Men’s Senior team, holding that position in 1973 when T&T narrowly missed out on qualifying for the 1974 World Cup and again in 1989 when the National Team missed out on qualifying for Italy 1990 by a single point.

De highlighted part in de article is what some men doh understand for keeping Jack and Camps there so long
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 09:10:09 PM by royal »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 24, 2010, 09:07:44 PM »
Rudolph Thomas, Lennox Watson and Krishendath Kuarsingh

3 f-------g oui men!!!!!!!!!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 25, 2010, 08:11:51 PM »
IT RETURNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 25, 2010, 08:36:29 PM »
IT RETURNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Camps hopes TTFF, Sport Ministry can improve relations in 2011
« Reply #401 on: January 04, 2011, 05:43:45 AM »
Camps hopes TTFF, Sport Ministry can improve relations in 2011
By Kern De Freitas (T&T Express)

It's 2011 and time to get the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation's (TTFF) house in order.

TTFF president Oliver Camps yesterday acknowledged that there are a lot of issues to be sorted out before T&T football, particularly senior men's football, can begin to see improvements.

The national team had one of their worst seasons in 2010, ending the year with a group stage exit from the Digicel Caribbean Cup Finals under coach Russell Latapy. That followed a string of ordinary results which drew criticism from many corners, including Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs Anil Roberts.

Camps disclosed that during this month the TTFF will hold an executive meeting to iron out a number of issues. Chief among these is Latapy's future as national coach. The TTFF will also try to resolve full payment of national senior players for their last 13 international matches.

While senior men's team activities have come to a screeching halt pending those issues, Camps advised that the other national teams will continue to prepare for their various assignments.

In his message for the New Year, Camps expressed hope that there will be a turnaround in national football this year. But does he see the glass of T&T football as half-empty, or half-full?

"At this stage, the glass is shaking. It's a shaky glass," Camps admitted to the Express. "It may be dropping out some (water) but we will try to keep it as (steady) as possible. Everything is being done to make sure what is in place keeps on going and what has to be corrected (is) as soon as possible."

The reason for the TTFF's payment woes has been the late release of money by the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs, but Camps said he is not pointing fingers at the Ministry. He acknowledged that the TTFF have to take their share of the blame.

"Once the payment is late in coming, we have problems paying out everybody — players and staff and whatever," Camps explained. "What I want to see happen in 2011 is that we are more promptly dealt with.

"Granted we may have been a little tardy in supplying them with the (necessary) information...we have to buck up ourselves and see things done in a timely basis, and we have to treat with it in a timely basis. We all have a piece of blame to take. "

For Camps, turning over a new leaf is the best approach and he stated his wish for the Ministry of Sport to play a "better part" and a "bigger role (financially)" in assisting their development programme.

So where else can the TTFF improve?

"Generally speaking, the tardiness all-round," Camps said. "(But) people have been working hard. If they weren't working hard, no football would be going on at all."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Camps hopes TTFF, Sport Ministry can improve relations in 2011
« Reply #402 on: January 04, 2011, 08:36:24 AM »
............. aaaand cue Big Mag

Camps and he trini version of the glass half-full analogy had mih laughin
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 04, 2011, 08:53:03 AM »
A Camps statement ....this is precious ! I cutting out dis from de papers yes .... years from now when they exhuming the football cemetry this go be worth a lot ! :devil:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #404 on: January 04, 2011, 09:01:39 AM »

"Granted we may have been a little tardy in supplying them with the (necessary) information...we have to buck up ourselves and see things done in a timely basis, and we have to treat with it in a timely basis. We all have a piece of blame to take. "
I have not heard this since primary school.

I wish these guys no evil but it starting to look like they might literally have to die for change to occur.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: January 04, 2011, 09:08:42 AM »

I have not heard this since primary school.

I wish these guys no evil but it starting to look like they might literally have to die for change to occur.
Is long tim
e since Camps has spoken on anything ...give him a chance nah ....that would explain why some of is expressions you last heard when you were in primary school ! 25 years have passed how you feel ..as Lord Funny once asked

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Oliver Camps Thread
« Reply #406 on: January 05, 2011, 05:51:47 PM »
TTFF President Oliver Camps delivers his address at start of Dutch KNVB Course

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/aQ946jtiJvc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/aQ946jtiJvc</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5EtwwzXjVLE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5EtwwzXjVLE</a>

« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 02:00:21 AM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
IT ADRESSESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hawk too
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The lack of responses to this thread and the ^^^above two posts aptly sums up the collective feelings towards Camps, lol :beermug:

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
is RL part of this ?  ???

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I've been saying this all along, set a standard for coaching on all levels just like here in the U.S. as embarrassing as it is, @ least they making ah turn in the right direction. i does always say, "it better late than never".
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The lack of responses to this thread and the ^^^above two posts aptly sums up the collective feelings towards Camps, lol :beermug:
Ditto!!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
When I saw this headline I thought it read ...Camps delivers a dress at start of ...
I just never associated Camps with any kind of statement .... :devil:

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
Aye, doh lie, tell the truth. Ent "the strongman of TnT" write that speech for Scamps? All he had to do was read the damn thing. At least he might have gotten that right.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
When I saw this headline I thought it read ...Camps delivers a dress at start of ...

I thought he was just disclosing to everyone where he livin'....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile

I thought he IT was just disclosing to everyone where he IT livin'....

At least IT can read!!! (Thanks BM, yuh spot on!! ;))

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/aQ946jtiJvc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/aQ946jtiJvc</a>

I had my doubts before IT delivered this address!!

Well folks, doh expect to hear much more from IT for the rest of this year eh!

The effort IT must have made to deliver this address could easily have drained IT of energy and brain power to do anything else for the remainder of this year!

Lets enjoy a rare moment and appreciate IT for what IT was!!  8)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 04:55:25 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Another rare interview with IT conducted by our boy Shaun Fuentes back in 2007 after ITs disappointing re-election back then as TTFF President!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PjjRmwUr2dU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/PjjRmwUr2dU</a>

Would have been nice for Shaun to have conducted another more pressing interview this time round after ITs unopposed re-election yet again in December 2010!

Maybe Sam can conduct one?!!  :devil:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 04:46:12 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Socapro you go head trying to bring down Camps ,the last person we try and bring to justice was Jack ...and he might be the next Prime Minister   :o.With our luck Camps will be the next TnT President .
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 08:02:27 PM by Quags »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Socapro you go head trying to bring down Camps ,the last person we try and bring to justice was Jack ...and he might be the next Prime Minister  Shocked .With our luck Camps will be the next TnT President .

:o  :rotfl:

1]; } ?>