March 28, 2024, 10:13:27 AM

Poll

What do you folks predict for Oliver Camps & his future as TTFF President?

He will raise 2014 WC funds & carry on in the job for life as TTFF President
He will be found innocent at end of FIFA’s Cash For Votes Bribery investigations
He would be found guilty at end of FIFA’s Cash For Votes Bribery investigations & get a life ban
He will eventually be forced to resign due to the players’ court case against the TTFF
Just like Oliver himself, you have no idea :-)

Author Topic: Oliver Camps Thread  (Read 121869 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Camps: Govt has given nothing.
« Reply #480 on: August 04, 2011, 08:06:05 AM »
Scamps dat use 2 wuk 2 blackmail d PNM. Yuh boi Jack would then cuss Boynes/Hunt. U need another scam it eh wukin wit d PP.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 04, 2011, 08:10:18 AM »
Any way you look at it, football is a business. You look at your future expenditure and check your funds. If there is a shortfall, you look to generate income.

Look what Camps said: "Camp said that an executive committee meeting is planned for next week, and there, he hopes a solution to the situation can be found."

Is this man for real? First they arrange a match and announce it without checking if they can afford to go. Then, once they realise they have no money and can't beg it off anyone, they spring into action....and organise an emergency meeting a week later. Are they f**king mad?

This meeting should have taken place immediately they realised there was a problem. The meeting should have run through the night until a soloution was found. Have they no shame? Cancelling an International match is a seriously embarrassing thing.

And why didn't they notice they were broke months ago? Do they just go to an ATM and withdraw cash without checking their balance? Do they have a tin they collect 25c coins in and thought there was enough?

Everybody on this site can tell us immediately roughly how much cash they have left until payday. Why have they no idea?

We all know they don't keep good accounts, but surely they must know what they have. Are they receiving salaries still? If so, they should be using that money. But probably they have $1 million sitting in account to ensure they still get paid.

An organisation such as TTFF should have networked enough to have options. A phone call here, an email there. This type of thing should have been sent to every large business!

"Dear Sir, as you are aware we have our first International match this year vs Haiti. It is our world reknowned coach, Otto Pfister's first and last opportunity before the 2014 world cup qualifiers to see his best team in action. Unfortunately, due to their much publiscised budget cuts, the promised funding from SPORTT has been withdrawn. As you will be aware, Mr Jack Warner has retired from football and is no longer able to help us, as he did in the past.
In this new era of T&T football, and following on from the superb performance by our Olympic team, we would appeal to your national pride to assist our national football team on the road to Brazil.
We would appreciate the opportunity to present to you, at your earliest convenience,  a powerpoint presentation incorporating marketing opportunities available to your business, include sponsorship of travel uniforms carrying your branding, and marketing and promotional opportunities for home matches, which will be televised.
We know the whole country is behind our quest to reach Brazil, and, as such, this can only be a positive advantage to your brand.
My secretary will be contacting you shortly to confirm a convenient date for us to meet.
Yours sincerely
Coliver Amps

P.S. Any freebies would be appreciated by myself and Mr Rodent"

I can't tell you how sick and disgusted I am that this is allowed to continue. They are jokers, but worse, they make us and the govt look like jokers too.

We are proud to tell the world that T&T is an emerging nation, but emerging from what? The Dark Ages?  I didn't think these mean could heap more embarrassment on this nation, but each time they surpass themselves. I genuinely feel sorry for the children and grandchildren of these men, as they will forever have the shame of being associated with them even when they are dead.    

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 04, 2011, 08:13:32 AM »
How do you eliminate their positions from the TTFF...? I'm willing to step up if we could do this...

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 04, 2011, 08:14:25 AM »
I hear Sancho & Fenwick are on TV tomorrow morning to discuss the Road To Brazil. Expect some harsh criticism of TTFF! Think its on channel 3?

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 04, 2011, 08:17:44 AM »
How do you eliminate their positions from the TTFF...? I'm willing to step up if we could do this...

By broadcasting to the nation that someone is ready and willing to step up to the plate however it would take a complete overhaul of de so called TTFF to get de ball rolling. I want to see de resignations in de guardian and we could get to work. Get de public on their side and then wage a campaign against an entity that is broke which shouldn't be that hard. There has never been a super change in the world without a war. You must be prepared to go to war knowing that you hold de trump card. DE CASH!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 04, 2011, 08:23:53 AM »
Oliver Camps' responsibility is to raise money from every possible donor - corporate, individual, media house, etc and not wait on government to give money.  That is not the role of government.  But of course, he wouldn't be able to do that as for the last 20 years or so, he did nothing but for TT football but lay on the lap of Jack Warner who donated "his" money siphoned form FIFA and TTFF media contracts.  Now he reveals himself as a bumbling idiot who has no leadership skills. 
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 04, 2011, 08:35:41 AM »
And what have you given Mr Camps?  ::)
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 04, 2011, 08:36:21 AM »
I hear Sancho & Fenwick are on TV tomorrow morning to discuss the Road To Brazil. Expect some harsh criticism of TTFF! Think its on channel 3?

what time .....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 04, 2011, 08:45:08 AM »
       That is the problem,that is what you expecting from them?i thought you would be expecting to hear some solutions,you eh realize that eh getting us any where,don't matter how Fenwick and Sancho feels don't matter how well their teams do,they have to realize they can only do well because of all the shyt going on around them,if they mean well for T&T Football and not themselves they better start being a little more supportive,we want to know what they can do,now is the time.  

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #489 on: August 04, 2011, 08:48:37 AM »
Shameless, geriatric,useless,piece-of-shit loser , just resign !

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 04, 2011, 08:59:52 AM »
       That is the problem,that is what you expecting from them?i thought you would be expecting to hear some solutions,you eh realize that eh getting us any where,don't matter how Fenwick and Sancho feels don't matter how well their teams do,they have to realize they can only do well because of all the shyt going on around them,if they mean well for T&T Football and not themselves they better start being a little more supportive,we want to know what they can do,now is the time.  

If you want change, you first need pressure.
Remember, these people have been abusing football for over 20 years. Why didn't previous players publically criticise them constantly? And why don't older, wiser former players offer the soloutions, after all, they've had 20 years to think of something positive?

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 04, 2011, 09:43:44 AM »
davidephriam have said all that needs to be said and there is no need to say more,I always thought that when JW goes our football will go into freefaall,it is coming to pass...how sad.We are sure about one thing and that is we are not going to Brazil.JW"have ballz"davidephriam say so,who can disagree with that.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 04, 2011, 09:45:39 AM »
For those who thought that this was going to be some period of jubilee better think again. The TnT government has been spoiled and the spoiler is no longer there to front de money. All de tief talk that jumpin out.. tell me who will fund the program? When you allow someone to pay all the bills upfront then they have the ability to determine how much dey take on de back end. Its been our gripe with Warner all along but now it may be time to explore a new gripe which is like Controversial say.. De private sector and de government don't like to spend money upfront for nothing that dont have to do with oil exploration and Carnival. Someone should be licking their lips at the  opportunity Jack left behind. An opening to be the new face of TnT football. But who has come forward? Yuh know how much money TnT has? We all talk bout how much Jack don't like TnT football. Is there someone out there who likes it more? No one has de ballz to step forward. Jack's fall from grace was a buying signal but everybody doing what they do best; sit and wait to see who else go deal with it. Whilst sipping ice-cafe from up on de Western hills.  Backed into a corner, I rather a greedy man than no man at all. (P.S.) ah dont want to hear bout well de TTFF incompetent. If yuh driving de cash yuh have de say. Didn't Jack? Clean house if yuh want but put up de cash and lets get to work. Bunch of talkers. dat is why Jack has always been able to take advantage because at de end of de day. Jack has Ballz!

That is rel mad talk. If you understand the make up of the TTFF you would understand what happening now, why no one is rushing forward and why the private sector still not willing to invest in football in T&T. Controversial does only talk, he eh have ah clue about nutten, ah setta ah question to rile up people and then at the end he cyah say what color the blue sky is. I rather no man than ah greedy man.

This is the problem that plaguing many african nation, the blackman who use the blackman to get into a power position and then scuff at the audacity of the blackman to ask for a "handout". JW has been the biggest enemy of the youths in T&T, the biggest. He ride them yutemen to glory and when they ask for a drink of water he spat in their collective mouths. He will forever love Yorke and Latapy as a night out will satisfy these guys, but will be damned to appreciate the likes of Sancho, Nakhid and Hislop. See the worst thing for people like JW is an educated blackman, that's a great threat to them.

People like you who will support a person like JW in such a position is why we will always struggle and never move on, because as you stated, you rather a greedy man than no man. You not worried about the next man (footballer), just this man (yourself). Look at Joe Public football club. What have they done for players in assisting them in moving on to the next level? Nothing. A set of 1 year contract and high price tags. How is that helping a young player make a breakthrough? But again, the blackman should settle for the crumbs that JW and company graciously feed to them.

Like Fazeer Mohammed ask "How much do you value the possibility of emotional satisfaction?"
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 04, 2011, 09:51:15 AM »

Remember, these people have been abusing football for over 20 years. Why didn't previous players publically criticise them constantly? And why don't older, wiser former players offer the soloutions, after all, they've had 20 years to think of something positive?

Why should the older players offer solutions, when they can criticize and laugh at others actually attempting to do something for the PLAYERS of T&T? Why would the older players offer solutions for the younger players to achieve more success than they ever did causing many people to forget the older players? Why would the older players assist in breeding new heroes?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 04, 2011, 10:09:11 AM »
Camps seriously are you expecting to get funds just so? Did the TtFf get any pledges of funds before they hired the coach or was it on Jack's say so? Now that all has been revealed Can the government just hand over taxpayers's money just so? It still baffles me how a coach can be hired and you don't  have the money ! He is bawling that he has no funds for his projects? How was he expecting funds of 25million? these people good yes!

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: August 04, 2011, 10:16:08 AM »
They will blackmail the Govt and Anil will run the money same ole same ole.
 Aunty Kamla to the rescue-Watch the ride.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 04, 2011, 10:50:35 AM »
For those who thought that this was going to be some period of jubilee better think again. The TnT government has been spoiled and the spoiler is no longer there to front de money. All de tief talk that jumpin out.. tell me who will fund the program? When you allow someone to pay all the bills upfront then they have the ability to determine how much dey take on de back end. Its been our gripe with Warner all along but now it may be time to explore a new gripe which is like Controversial say.. De private sector and de government don't like to spend money upfront for nothing that dont have to do with oil exploration and Carnival. Someone should be licking their lips at the  opportunity Jack left behind. An opening to be the new face of TnT football. But who has come forward? Yuh know how much money TnT has? We all talk bout how much Jack don't like TnT football. Is there someone out there who likes it more? No one has de ballz to step forward. Jack's fall from grace was a buying signal but everybody doing what they do best; sit and wait to see who else go deal with it. Whilst sipping ice-cafe from up on de Western hills.  Backed into a corner, I rather a greedy man than no man at all. (P.S.) ah dont want to hear bout well de TTFF incompetent. If yuh driving de cash yuh have de say. Didn't Jack? Clean house if yuh want but put up de cash and lets get to work. Bunch of talkers. dat is why Jack has always been able to take advantage because at de end of de day. Jack has Ballz!

That is rel mad talk. If you understand the make up of the TTFF you would understand what happening now, why no one is rushing forward and why the private sector still not willing to invest in football in T&T. Controversial does only talk, he eh have ah clue about nutten, ah setta ah question to rile up people and then at the end he cyah say what color the blue sky is. I rather no man than ah greedy man.

This is the problem that plaguing many african nation, the blackman who use the blackman to get into a power position and then scuff at the audacity of the blackman to ask for a "handout". JW has been the biggest enemy of the youths in T&T, the biggest. He ride them yutemen to glory and when they ask for a drink of water he spat in their collective mouths. He will forever love Yorke and Latapy as a night out will satisfy these guys, but will be damned to appreciate the likes of Sancho, Nakhid and Hislop. See the worst thing for people like JW is an educated blackman, that's a great threat to them.

People like you who will support a person like JW in such a position is why we will always struggle and never move on, because as you stated, you rather a greedy man than no man. You not worried about the next man (footballer), just this man (yourself). Look at Joe Public football club. What have they done for players in assisting them in moving on to the next level? Nothing. A set of 1 year contract and high price tags. How is that helping a young player make a breakthrough? But again, the blackman should settle for the crumbs that JW and company graciously feed to them.

Like Fazeer Mohammed ask "How much do you value the possibility of emotional satisfaction?"

While I can understand your position, I believe it is one that displays abrupt naivety. My contention had nothing to do with "emotional satisfaction" but rather a practical overview of a shitty situation that has just become shittier. Unlike you, I know that the shit does not only land on one man's house top. Say what yuh want about Controversial, on this particular topic he is dead on!

This might have been a Jack Warner aggravated situation but in my opinion, he could have been stopped at any time. If Jack is de drug dealer then our government (past and present) are the school-master that has allowed him access to the pupils in the school.

The private sector has always had the ability to step in and demand a degree of transparency but it takes real currency to make those demands and since no one really wanted to step in and challenge; it has always been and remains a talking spree because at the end of the day..

this whole football thing is just instruments of play for big children. At least where big money is concerned. Football in TnT has never been considered as serious man's work like building oil refineries. Remember less than 7% of the population is employed by these same refineries which we seem to divest all our  attention and resources towards. Is this too not rape and pillage?

So up stepped a scoundrel who had de decency to take a chance and invest in something which we didn't consider to be pliable  and he became really good at it. Why not, it was an open market and all de other big boys enjoy a good game in the oval from time to time but it was never worth putting up real dollars behind.  So we let loose de dragon and now want to squeal because he is sticking his hand into the cookie jar.

i'll go no further because it would seem that I support the course of action however I have been observant enough to realize that if it had not been for the scoundrel, with the lackluster effort we put fort toward everything except the Black Gold in the ground, We may have never even got off the ground (back then).

Then and now are different times and as such the pendulum has swung full circle and every dog has his day. Is there another dog to step in, maybe he or she don't even have to be doggish but knowing the world of business as it is, knowing that the business of football is no place for bleeding hearts I sincerely doubt that the next would be any better if there was a next in the first place. Sitting back and saying "It good fuh yuh" will not work this time.

Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 04, 2011, 11:01:45 AM »
IT PAINTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

AND ...IT FIGHTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 04, 2011, 11:23:56 AM »
Any way you look at it, football is a business. You look at your future expenditure and check your funds. If there is a shortfall, you look to generate income.

Look what Camps said: "Camp said that an executive committee meeting is planned for next week, and there, he hopes a solution to the situation can be found."

Is this man for real? First they arrange a match and announce it without checking if they can afford to go. Then, once they realise they have no money and can't beg it off anyone, they spring into action....and organise an emergency meeting a week later. Are they f**king mad?

This meeting should have taken place immediately they realised there was a problem. The meeting should have run through the night until a soloution was found. Have they no shame? Cancelling an International match is a seriously embarrassing thing.

And why didn't they notice they were broke months ago? Do they just go to an ATM and withdraw cash without checking their balance? Do they have a tin they collect 25c coins in and thought there was enough?

Everybody on this site can tell us immediately roughly how much cash they have left until payday. Why have they no idea?

We all know they don't keep good accounts, but surely they must know what they have. Are they receiving salaries still? If so, they should be using that money. But probably they have $1 million sitting in account to ensure they still get paid.

An organisation such as TTFF should have networked enough to have options. A phone call here, an email there. This type of thing should have been sent to every large business!

"Dear Sir, as you are aware we have our first International match this year vs Haiti. It is our world reknowned coach, Otto Pfister's first and last opportunity before the 2014 world cup qualifiers to see his best team in action. Unfortunately, due to their much publiscised budget cuts, the promised funding from SPORTT has been withdrawn. As you will be aware, Mr Jack Warner has retired from football and is no longer able to help us, as he did in the past.
In this new era of T&T football, and following on from the superb performance by our Olympic team, we would appeal to your national pride to assist our national football team on the road to Brazil.
We would appreciate the opportunity to present to you, at your earliest convenience,  a powerpoint presentation incorporating marketing opportunities available to your business, include sponsorship of travel uniforms carrying your branding, and marketing and promotional opportunities for home matches, which will be televised.
We know the whole country is behind our quest to reach Brazil, and, as such, this can only be a positive advantage to your brand.
My secretary will be contacting you shortly to confirm a convenient date for us to meet.
Yours sincerely
Coliver Amps

P.S. Any freebies would be appreciated by myself and Mr Rodent"

I can't tell you how sick and disgusted I am that this is allowed to continue. They are jokers, but worse, they make us and the govt look like jokers too.

We are proud to tell the world that T&T is an emerging nation, but emerging from what? The Dark Ages?  I didn't think these mean could heap more embarrassment on this nation, but each time they surpass themselves. I genuinely feel sorry for the children and grandchildren of these men, as they will forever have the shame of being associated with them even when they are dead.    
Welcome to T&T the land of limers and slackers.  as for shame and embarrassment, that word don't exist in trinidad, money and corruption takes precedence. like i said before, these ole men eh have no kinda shame etall so it's useless using those words to describe them.

i already told you mr football supporter, when you get ah full dose of trinidad and tobago, you will be jumping on the first available british airways jet back to sanity. these ppl don't care not one bit, all they want tuh do is live nice and neglect the needs of the society, just like the african leaders.  :banginghead:

if yuh want tuh live in ah caribbean country where ppl have some kind of care and concern, i suggest yuh move to barbados, other than that little rock, almost all the other caribbean islands is ah total waste of fackin time , including T&T with all the monery and resources they have @ their disposal.  :frustrated:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 04, 2011, 11:24:25 AM »
Without Jack Warner T&T football is dead and no one is stepping in to replace anyone in the federation willingly, every man Jack hiding now.

Why are they scared of Jack ?

Do the public expect Jack to come and bail them out now ?

Our account shows no money anyway.

Jack will raise again !!!!!
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 04, 2011, 11:28:23 AM »
Without Jack Warner T&T football is dead and no one is stepping in to replace anyone in the federation willingly, every man Jack hiding now.

Why are they scared of Jack ?

Do the public expect Jack to come and bail them out now ?

Our account shows no money anyway.

Do yuh self ah favor nah, go jump off ah fackin bridge. BTW, is jack who have us here in the first place, but my guess iz, you're not aware of that right?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 04, 2011, 11:39:21 AM »
Do yuh self ah favor nah, go jump off ah fackin bridge. BTW, is jack who have us here in the first place, but my guess iz, you're not aware of that right?

Lard fadda, your language it explicit.

So Jack have you folk here and who doing anything about it ?

Like I said, the T&T public is scared of Jack.

The players only want their money.

Anil Roberts, the PM and the AG is on Jack side.

Jack have a great work in the Ministry.

So who stopping Jack.

When last you visit Trinidad, no one cares about T&T football about making any changes or even making a challenge.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 04, 2011, 11:41:32 AM »
If Anil Roberts and Jack Warner dont give any money, who will step up and give ?

If all the members of the TTFF step down right now, who steeping up to take over, nobody.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 04, 2011, 11:44:03 AM »

Lard fadda, your language it explicit.

So Jack have you folk here and who doing anything about it ?

Like I said, the T&T public is scared of Jack.

The players only want their money.

Anil Roberts, the PM and the AG is on Jack side.

Jack have a great work in the Ministry.

So who stopping Jack.

When last you visit Trinidad, no one cares about T&T football about making any changes or even making a challenge.

let me ask you a serious question, that's if you could be serious for one nano second. who are you, and why are you so adamant to exonerate jack warner's image on this site, what's in it for you?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 04, 2011, 11:53:06 AM »

??? good luck with that
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 04, 2011, 12:29:23 PM »

While I can understand your position, I believe it is one that displays abrupt naivety. My contention had nothing to do with "emotional satisfaction" but rather a practical overview of a shitty situation that has just become shittier. Unlike you, I know that the shit does not only land on one man's house top. Say what yuh want about Controversial, on this particular topic he is dead on!

This might have been a Jack Warner aggravated situation but in my opinion, he could have been stopped at any time. If Jack is de drug dealer then our government (past and present) are the school-master that has allowed him access to the pupils in the school. I am naive, when you show a lack of understanding in how FIFA operate. The government cannot demand or require anything of JW or the TTFF.

The private sector has always had the ability to step in and demand a degree of transparency but it takes real currency to make those demands and since no one really wanted to step in and challenge; it has always been and remains a talking spree because at the end of the day..  Again, the private sector cannot (they can try) demand anything. They can do what they normally do and get onboard when it profit them.

this whole football thing is just instruments of play for big children. At least where big money is concerned. Football in TnT has never been considered as serious man's work like building oil refineries. Remember less than 7% of the population is employed by these same refineries which we seem to divest all our  attention and resources towards. Is this too not rape and pillage?
Yes, less than 7% is employed, but through investements in this field the government gain the ability to generate revenues to keep the country going at a decent level. Maybe, they can employ more locals, but the benefits of the oil  industry even in the worst case assist more T&T nationals than JW and the TTFF ever did with the footballers under their charge.  Chalk and Cheese

So up stepped a scoundrel who had de decency to take a chance and invest in something which we didn't consider to be pliable  and he became really good at it. Why not, it was an open market and all de other big boys enjoy a good game in the oval from time to time but it was never worth putting up real dollars behind.  So we let loose de dragon and now want to squeal because he is sticking his hand into the cookie jar.

I'm not to sure that decency is the correct word to use here. Yes, JW showed brilliant vision to step in and secure this venture. However, that does not entitle him to do as he will. After all, he is still representing T&T, along with the footballers he abuses. To describe it as sticking his hand into the cookie jar is playing this off as a trivial matter which it's not. JW and his family became multi-millionaires (billionaires maybe) through the sweat and toils of the youths in Trinidad and Tobago. You cannot equate that or rationalize that. JW gains were much more than the athletes have ever gotten in return, much, much, much, much more. Again who is being naive.

i'll go no further because it would seem that I support the course of action however I have been observant enough to realize that if it had not been for the scoundrel, with the lackluster effort we put fort toward everything except the Black Gold in the ground, We may have never even got off the ground (back then).

That's a very uninformed, unfortunate and unfactual, statement. If you think Trinbagonians are lazy then that's your thought, but you cannot castigate a nation because you think so. How do you explain, Penny Commissiong, Hasely Crawford, Ato Boldon, Briam Lara, George Bovell, Peter Minshall, etc? Trinbagonians are a very innovative and creative people who if they did not have the black gold would have generated some other avenue to live.

Then and now are different times and as such the pendulum has swung full circle and every dog has his day. Is there another dog to step in, maybe he or she don't even have to be doggish but knowing the world of business as it is, knowing that the business of football is no place for bleeding hearts I sincerely doubt that the next would be any better if there was a next in the first place. Sitting back and saying "It good fuh yuh" will not work this time.

Even if someone wants to take charge, why should they step in now? I would not. As a business person or someone looking to invest in our football I would not step in at this juncture. There are to many loose end to tie up (JW role, the court case, newlyappointed coach, image on world stage fresh on others mind, etc). Let Camps and they sort out as much as possible. They will eventually elimate themselves. Them someone can step in and take charge.

There is no way to rationalize what JW did to our football. The crumbs we got on the way may have satisfied some, but for other who trying to make this a way of life (yes you can do that in today's world believe it or not), JW has been more detrimental than progressive. We have not improve on anything since 1973, nothing. Sorry, but cannot agree with anything you and controversial saying.

Controversial should look at the assistance that Hardest and they got from the federation to help them achieve their football goals.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 04, 2011, 12:44:51 PM »

I really doh have the patience to deal with you sometimes nah Coop's.

EDIT:  throw in davidephraim with all that jackass talk as well.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 12:48:22 PM by Bakes »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 04, 2011, 12:49:15 PM »

I guess if you had the money then you would have the balls (in this instance another word for the expression ‘brave stupidity’) to give the unaccountable Camps & the TTFF all the funding they need ent?!

And tell me how does that help our football?
Look how much money they got during the 2006 World Cup campaign and up to now they still can't show the court any accounts.

Some ah allyuh men does make me realise that common sense is not as common as most of us would like to think!!
 ::)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:09:36 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 04, 2011, 01:14:51 PM »

Why should the older players offer solutions, when they can criticize and laugh at others actually attempting to do something for the PLAYERS of T&T? Why would the older players offer solutions for the younger players to achieve more success than they ever did causing many people to forget the older players? Why would the older players assist in breeding new heroes?

:beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 04, 2011, 01:42:24 PM »
Come on man!!  What is the problem here?  If the Gov't don't trust the TTFF's ability to manage money can't they appoint someone with oversight of the money?  A good accountant will suffice.  Will Fifa consider this Gov't interference if an office is created to laz between to two administrations?  

This situation is an opportunity for leadership.  If there's accountability the private sector would respond and with minimal success the waggonist will return.   Bankroll the 1st rounds, give the team the best chance, let them hit them teams for 3 and 4 nil. and the private sector will return.  No one is passing up a chance to make a dollar.    

Instead of looking at Mexico and CR and giving up, think about the possibility of the win against them.  And you journalist print something worth reading for once, something that inspires hope in our fellas, heck, I'm sure they want to play.  Take journalistic leadership and use your pen for positive vibes.  

Failing to try is cemented in history and conscience forever.  Our leaders seem to have forgotten that football is about country, pride and the people.  It's not about you!!!!!  DO YOU JOB ON BEHALF OF THE PEOPLE AND THE NATION.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:48:09 PM by Preacher »
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

1]; } ?>