April 19, 2024, 12:25:58 PM

Poll

What do you folks predict for Oliver Camps & his future as TTFF President?

He will raise 2014 WC funds & carry on in the job for life as TTFF President
He will be found innocent at end of FIFA’s Cash For Votes Bribery investigations
He would be found guilty at end of FIFA’s Cash For Votes Bribery investigations & get a life ban
He will eventually be forced to resign due to the players’ court case against the TTFF
Just like Oliver himself, you have no idea :-)

Author Topic: Oliver Camps Thread  (Read 122815 times)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Camps: Govt has given nothing.
« Reply #510 on: August 04, 2011, 01:59:00 PM »
Come on man!!  What is the problem here?  If the Gov't don't trust the TTFF's ability to manage money can't they appoint someone with oversight of the money?  A good accountant with will suffice.  Will Fifa consider this Gov't interference if an office is created to laz between to two administrations?  

This situation is an opportunity for leadership.  If there's accountability the private sector would respond and with minimal success the waggonist will return.   Bankroll the 1st rounds, give the team the best chance, let them hit them teams for 3 and 4 nil. and the private sector will return.  No one is passing up a chance to make a dollar.

So tax payers must pay money to appoint a man to make sure the man they paying money don't thief the money? Where was the oversight in the first place? Camps is a shitong and always will be. Giving him money will not change his performance one iota. And the gov't should not be in the business of knowingly bankrolling corrupt organizations

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 03:36:20 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 04, 2011, 05:08:40 PM »
Come on man!!  What is the problem here?  If the Gov't don't trust the TTFF's ability to manage money can't they appoint someone with oversight of the money?  A good accountant with will suffice.  Will Fifa consider this Gov't interference if an office is created to laz between to two administrations?  

This situation is an opportunity for leadership.  If there's accountability the private sector would respond and with minimal success the waggonist will return.   Bankroll the 1st rounds, give the team the best chance, let them hit them teams for 3 and 4 nil. and the private sector will return.  No one is passing up a chance to make a dollar.

So tax payers must pay money to appoint a man to make sure the man they paying money don't thief the money? Where was the oversight in the first place? Camps is a shitong and always will be. Giving him money will not change his performance one iota. And the gov't should not be in the business of knowingly bankrolling corrupt organizations

In the recent past there has been enough grounds for the Gov't to do due diligence concerning the TTFF, more than enough grounds.  What?  Is this the 1st time tax payers paying for sports in T&T?  It's not enough to throw up your hands and say "TTFF corrupt, we can't do anything."  If they are asking the Gov't for money then the Gov't have a right to be involved, more so considering.  If they concern about tax payers money that's all the more reason to create a special office.  Doing nothing is not acceptable. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 04, 2011, 05:13:13 PM »

In the recent past there has been enough grounds for the Gov't to do due diligence concerning the TTFF, more than enough grounds.  What?  Is this the 1st time tax payers paying for sports in T&T?  It's not enough to throw up your hands and say "TTFF corrupt, we can't do anything."  If they are asking the Gov't for money then the Gov't have a right to be involved, more so considering.  If they concern about tax payers money that's all the more reason to create a special office.  Doing nothing is not acceptable.  

If that is the case then you should be calling for Camps head as a top priority before anything else don't you think?!!
 8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 04, 2011, 05:57:12 PM »
In this scenario, Camps is a law unto himself. Govt or citizens have no say in his appointment or removal from his position. Therefore, it is only right that there is a govt appointee to oversee the issue of funds including projecting spending and reviewing of past years finances. Even to get a bank loan you need to show financial prudence and management. So it should be with govt funds. This position should fall under the remit of SPORTT as they are supposed to be independent. And it shouldn't just oversee TTFF, but all NSO's. We focus on TTFF, obviously, but how much more money is leaking from the other sports? No one knows, because no one is accountable.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 04, 2011, 08:14:33 PM »
Elan, Dat thing we have going there is too long to go and quote from it again. I'll say this, When I say the only thing we think about is the Black Gold in the ground I am reminding myself that I am a Trinidadian who elected a government which then is (supposed to be) an extension of my views and aspirations.

In no way am I dissing the people in singular but rather so in plural. While the oil does benefit the country in micro-spect if only 7% of the pop feeding off of it, the gains you referring to could only be what de oil dollars can do for us externally.

Fix roads, build taller buildings, and what have you. Yes these things are important to you me and my rack and pinion however, Water does still go every 3 days my friend, so does electricity. We cant even out a forest fire when it burnin down de eastern, western or southern hills.

They do de bare minimum with them same oil profits which if you check the price of oil internationally.. they are making money hand over fists. They haven't built any new schools and if so too few to mention. So our government has a lackluster approach to anything other than making more oil dollars and who is lucky enough by birthright, fight or fortune to get some of it.. then they live a completely different life to the rest of Trinidad & Tobago.

Back to the topic at hand. While we might be creative individually, the harm done by colonialism is still felt in all our efforts. To go one step further, TnT was the destination for the better behaved slaves so its a case of too many well behaved slaves may have spoiled the pot.

Our "act up" ratio is small so things such as revolution and fighting to win it back has been hurt tremendously. We have been able to turn some of that misfortune into fortune because of education and our out right "smarts" but those aren't the qualities that would have gotten rid of Jack Warner 20 years ago to now.  Especially when coupled with de fact dat we don't care bout football like that. So in effect there was never any need or want to change things. I'll close by saying that with all the problems that is the TTFF yuh don't buy on the high my friend.. you buy when things are bad.

This is still a perfect buying opportunity for the right investor. Had this been America someone would have been stepping to snatch this chance to start afresh.
Black people on the whole have not been taught to take chance or risk. Instead they have been taught to stick their money in the bank and hope it last until yuh dead.

Another aspect of the abuse we have endured. The other races have learned about investment as opposed to mere savings but the Indian Ethnic group nor the Cauc-asian ethnic group like you Elan do not see it viable to invest in something that doesn't benefit them in whole or in part. (I said benefit) not a cool place to lime or carry girls or allow their children to go to mingle with other folk.

The sentiment on the board is that Camps has to go but again super powers don't change hands without a showdown and Tupac say yuh can't go to war without no money. So we have to get de money right if we plan to start this war and then Camps will be the least of our worries. He lucky if he get to sweep the stadium after.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 04, 2011, 08:28:10 PM »
For those who thought that this was going to be some period of jubilee better think again. The TnT government has been spoiled and the spoiler is no longer there to front de money. All de tief talk that jumpin out.. tell me who will fund the program? When you allow someone to pay all the bills upfront then they have the ability to determine how much dey take on de back end. Its been our gripe with Warner all along but now it may be time to explore a new gripe which is like Controversial say.. De private sector and de government don't like to spend money upfront for nothing that dont have to do with oil exploration and Carnival. Someone should be licking their lips at the  opportunity Jack left behind. An opening to be the new face of TnT football. But who has come forward? Yuh know how much money TnT has? We all talk bout how much Jack don't like TnT football. Is there someone out there who likes it more? No one has de ballz to step forward. Jack's fall from grace was a buying signal but everybody doing what they do best; sit and wait to see who else go deal with it. Whilst sipping ice-cafe from up on de Western hills.  Backed into a corner, I rather a greedy man than no man at all. (P.S.) ah dont want to hear bout well de TTFF incompetent. If yuh driving de cash yuh have de say. Didn't Jack? Clean house if yuh want but put up de cash and lets get to work. Bunch of talkers. dat is why Jack has always been able to take advantage because at de end of de day. Jack has Ballz!

I guess if you had the money then you would have the balls (in this instance another word for the expression ‘brave stupidity’) to give the unaccountable Camps & the TTFF all the funding they need ent?!

And tell me how does that help our football?
Look how much money they got during the 2006 World Cup campaign and up to now they still can't show the court any accounts.

Some ah allyuh men does make me realise that common sense is not as common as most of us would like to think!!
 ::)

Come nah man Socapro, doh make meh feel like yuh only read the last line and then respond nah. Having the cash doesnt give you the ballz. Having the cash and be willing to stake it is where the ballz come in. There is plenty cash just not enough ballz to put it up and as for Scamps you nor I would have this dude running a lemonade stand. So dont make it seem like i'm saying go dig out yuh hard earned money and give it to the TTFF. I'm saying show the money, clean house and start afresh. (I know this sounds easier than it is.. but there in lies the problem doesn't it) The other alternatives are to do nothing, (without losing the privilege to talk bout it) or to give scamps and dem more money. I like my idea best!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 04, 2011, 09:11:28 PM »

If that is the case then you should be calling for Camps head as a top priority before anything else don't you think?!!
 8)

I agree but we haven't we done that dance before?   Are u saying there is absolutely nothing that can be done to ensure our campaign is saved short of giving the TTFF money and kissing it goodbye?  I would hope not. 

For all you know pro this could be Camps best year, considering.  :)
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 04, 2011, 10:43:25 PM »

8)

I agree but we haven't we done that dance before?   Are u saying there is absolutely nothing that can be done to ensure our campaign is saved short of giving the TTFF money and kissing it goodbye?  I would hope not. 

For all you know pro this could be Camps best year, considering.  :)

Preacher boy, we might have to band we belly and prepare to sit this campaign out. If it is this momentum is building to get de TTFA out we go have to support that. I hope that the momentum movers are not just after their cash but are also thinking about the overall well being of the sport or i'll be breathing fire in dey backside as they would have placed themselves in the same position as Jack Horner Warner and Scamps and dem.
For the good of de game and In the words of Chef Ramsey from Hells Kitchen....

SHUT IT DOWN!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 10:45:24 PM by davidephraim »
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #518 on: August 04, 2011, 11:22:25 PM »
How much you looking for so old man, another $78 million so you could ride off in the sunset. You know you may not be able to spend all da money, you go keel over like a semp just now.

Would somebody please arrest this idiot.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Camps: TTFF not dependent on Warner.
« Reply #519 on: August 05, 2011, 04:51:59 AM »
Camps: TTFF not dependent on Warner.
By Ian Prescott (Express).

Oliver Camps, president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF), denies that the departure from football of Minister of Works Jack Warner, a former FIFA vice-president, has left his organisation totally defenceless.

However, Camps admits that local football has suffered since the loss of their special adviser and chief financier, who resigned from football's world governing body amidst a bribery scandal involving fellow FIFA executive member Mohamed bib Hammam.

"No. It's not true to say that we were totally dependent on Jack," a defiant Camps said yesterday. "But, Mr Warner did help us out greatly from time to time."

Camps was responding to questions about the dire financial state of the Federation, which at the moment is struggling to fund matches for the national team.

He was also reluctant to answer questions about the status of head coach Otto Pfister, who joined the national team a few months ago.

"Well, he has to be paid," said Camps, while not offering solutions as to where the German's estimated US$50,000 monthly salary will come from.

Camps was also asked why after many years of existence the TTFF does not have a home.

"Football is just like any of the other sports. Just like many of them we don't have a permanent home for football, and just like many other sports we have to book the stadium and such venues for matches.

"All the sporting organisations are suffering, not just football," Camps insisted. "We are just like any of the other sporting bodies who are now struggling to fund their programmes."

Camps said the TTFF has no choice but to try and raise funds. But, he said, it's not at easy as many think.

The challenge is to get corporate Trinidad and Tobago involved with the national team's programme.

"You know that local football doesn't generate funds," Camps declared. "To generate spectator interest, we have to bring in top teams to generate funds.

And usually after paying for these teams and paying the players and other expenses, most times we just break even. People think we make big money, but many times we just break even."
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Camps: TTFF not dependent on Warner.
« Reply #520 on: August 05, 2011, 04:55:40 AM »
"To generate spectator interest, we have to bring in top teams to generate funds."

Camps is right. Top teams like India ain't cheap.  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 05, 2011, 05:09:45 AM »
All of a sudden d puppet get a mouth to speak. Stueps, fu old man
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #522 on: August 05, 2011, 06:35:06 AM »
Elected unopposed.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 05, 2011, 07:11:23 AM »
Yeah like how I not dependent on air to breathe.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 05, 2011, 07:18:23 AM »
On CNC3 this morning Look Loy real criticise the Govt for going back on their promise to finance the road to Brazil.  Sancho said he supports the govt position. Why should taxpayers continue to throw money into a black hole. Once there is accountability, planning and budgeting, then the govt could help

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: August 05, 2011, 07:23:37 AM »
On CNC3 this morning Look Loy real criticise the Govt for going back on their promise to finance the road to Brazil.  Sancho said he supports the govt position. Why should taxpayers continue to throw money into a black hole. Once there is accountability, planning and budgeting, then the govt could help

Dey feel d PP dotish like d PNM and would have given dem a blank check
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 05, 2011, 08:10:13 AM »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 05, 2011, 08:16:44 AM »
Anil where yuh? ???
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 05, 2011, 09:18:54 AM »

We cyah even organize ah friendlly with Haiti.

The rich will get richer while the poor get poorer.

Buh say wha "We goin Brazil" (Copyright Brownsugar)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 05, 2011, 10:28:24 AM »
this is what yuh call poetic justice. when boynes and hunt was MOS jack and dem had enough to say about the govt lack of funding, now he himself in the PP cabinet, yuh cyar here ah peep out of him, matter of fact yuh cyar hear ah peep out of loud mouth either.

life does always teach us clear lessons if we willing to open our eyes and pay full attention. ah few months ago this man was riding on ah puffy white cloud sky's the limit, now he sailing down ah muddy canal without ah raft.

i never thought in ah million yrs that jack warner's party would blank the football after yrs of complaining bout the PNM lack of support. ah guess they feeling what it's like to have the shoe on the other foot. comfortable ain't it.  :devil: :whip:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Online Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 05, 2011, 10:47:38 AM »
Allways remember the people you pass by on the way  UP, because you will pass them on the way DOWN. Moonman from Baltimore

Online Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 05, 2011, 11:20:16 AM »
Do we know how much debt TTFF/TTFA has? If a group wanted to support the Assoc/Fed., would they assume debts and or commitments owed by the this current admin.? Just asking?????

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 05, 2011, 12:11:03 PM »
Do we know how much debt TTFF/TTFA has? If a group wanted to support the Assoc/Fed., would they assume debts and or commitments owed by the this current admin.? Just asking?????

Its tricky because since April 2006, TTFF is a private company owned by Camps. Presumably there is some mandate from TTFA granting TTFF powers to operate on their behalf. If TTFA, who were incorporated by an act of parliament, close, then TTFF will have no right to represent the football interests of this country. TTFF has no board, no members etc. If TTFF go bust, they should be sued by TTFA and Mr Camps personal assets could be seized. Personally, this is the part I think Camps should be most afraid of. Groden & Look Loy could orchestrate the bankruptcy of TTFF knowing that Camps assets could be seized, thereby funding TTFA and giving them a lifeline. Of course, they are lifelong friends, similar to Warner and Blazer and Blatter and bin Hammam, so I'm sure Camps isn't worried (not).

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #533 on: August 05, 2011, 01:17:02 PM »
who is camps fooling? ???

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 05, 2011, 01:28:38 PM »
IT DENIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

AND ..IT DECLARESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 05, 2011, 03:44:53 PM »
Scamps right they not totally dependent on JW, they also dependent on the government.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 05, 2011, 03:46:09 PM »

ent FIFA say Government cannot interfere in Federation matters, so the Gov't listening to FIFA  :devil:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 05, 2011, 03:53:29 PM »
Where the 2006 Qualification money went?
Where the FIFA U17 Girls money went?
Where the money from the England game, including TV money?
England play for free to get votes. that much we know
Who paying the Woman coach big salary and house?
Who paying the Men coach big salary and house?

Somebody please ask Camps, Look loy, Groden or all three these questions.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 05, 2011, 05:41:30 PM »
Where the 2006 Qualification money went?
Where the FIFA U17 Girls money went?
Where the money from the England game, including TV money?

England play for free to get votes. that much we know
Who paying the Woman coach big salary and house?
Who paying the Men coach big salary and house?

Somebody please ask Camps, Look loy, Groden or all three these questions.
In jack's coffers.  :thinking:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 05, 2011, 06:23:59 PM »
Let's hope Scamps is testing the waters as a comedian before he is forced to hand in his resignation!

Anyone interesting in hiring Scamps as a stand-up comedian?!  I feel he could give Sprang and Tommy a run! :clown:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>