April 26, 2024, 12:20:25 PM

Poll

What do you folks predict for Oliver Camps & his future as TTFF President?

He will raise 2014 WC funds & carry on in the job for life as TTFF President
He will be found innocent at end of FIFA’s Cash For Votes Bribery investigations
He would be found guilty at end of FIFA’s Cash For Votes Bribery investigations & get a life ban
He will eventually be forced to resign due to the players’ court case against the TTFF
Just like Oliver himself, you have no idea :-)

Author Topic: Oliver Camps Thread  (Read 123619 times)

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Camps resigns from TTFF
« Reply #660 on: October 28, 2011, 08:46:04 AM »
You refer to Johnson - Warner's personal attendant for many moons. Watson is a former prison officer. he sees the world from that perspective and believes we are all his prisoners. He is anti-democratic, arrogant and abusive. The Eastern FA has entered into terminal decline, and unless the clubs (MOVE) that are fighting for a democratic election in the east win their struggle some may very join the exodus from the EFA into the Arima League and the Eddie Hart League. Watson as TTFF president would be an unmitigated disaster. if you think things bad now, just wait...
yes Deryck will bring alot of credibilty to the table. To some Look Loy may seem tainted having associated so long with the previous admin, but he did something unprecented in that admin. He resigned! That alone should give an indication that the man has some principles.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 28, 2011, 09:06:08 AM »
haven't been on for awahile so if this has already been answered please forgive me ....Still reeling from my team's loss of confidence ( world's biggest small side ) .... So now that Camps has resigned is it that all investigation/ charges against him is recinded and the presumption of innocence in all football matters  is ensured ??
allyuh saying de man dunce ...but he just following the footsteps of his teacher who is none the worse for wear... will the police commissioner also drop any investigation into how  a large sum of US$ entered T&T undeclared ? ..and whether it was with the knowledge of the football jefe ?

question now is ...who is holding the bill ?? The soca warriors court award which is presently in the millions ? Can the TTFF bank account ..if there is one .... handle this debt / and others which we will surely hear of when judgement is pronounced ?  Surely we should answer that before we engage in any discussion about who should take over ? ...take over a moribund , debt ridden , morally bankrupt  organisation where both the special adviser and President have resigned under threat of investigation for corruption ?? Any takers now ?

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #662 on: October 28, 2011, 09:12:50 AM »
Camps resigns as President of TTFF
TTFF

In conclusion, I want to thank Mr. Jack Warner for his support over the years. In him I see a true leader, a true champion, a Caribbean man, one who was prepared to do whatever was required to keep the Caribbean flag flying with dignity and pride. To the very end, my friend and I remain committed to his inspired leadership and loyal to friendship.

Oliver Camps
President

One last coat of spit on Jack bamsee.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 28, 2011, 09:19:51 AM »
"The presumption of innocence" applies to Camps. FIFA will not pursue the charges. The next president inherits a moribund organization, bankrupt is every sense but football cannot stop and there must be a national association to administer it. The resolution of the leadership issue does not reside is finding a saviour, however. Yes, someone must be at the helm, but "salvation" will only be found in the exercise of real football democracy from the ground up. That is, the clubs must reclaim the regional associations and, by extension, the Federation. Call me naive but I see no other way out of this mess.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 28, 2011, 09:52:48 AM »
The Vice President takes over when The President resigns until the next election- Whenever that is>
 So whoever is the VP is the man in charge. I hope Lookloy offers himself when election time comes around.
 Please no Maple Mafia,

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 28, 2011, 10:17:27 AM »
"The presumption of innocence" applies to Camps. FIFA will not pursue the charges. The next president inherits a moribund organization, bankrupt is every sense but football cannot stop and there must be a national association to administer it. The resolution of the leadership issue does not reside is finding a saviour, however. Yes, someone must be at the helm, but "salvation" will only be found in the exercise of real football democracy from the ground up. That is, the clubs must reclaim the regional associations and, by extension, the Federation. Call me naive but I see no other way out of this mess.

:beermug:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 28, 2011, 10:18:57 AM »
Camps resigns as President of TTFF
TTFF

In conclusion, I want to thank Mr. Jack Warner for his support over the years. In him I see a true leader, a true champion, a Caribbean man, one who was prepared to do whatever was required to keep the Caribbean flag flying with dignity and pride. To the very end, my friend and I remain committed to his inspired leadership and loyal to friendship.

Oliver Camps
President

One last coat of spit on Jack bamsee.

Yeah, and as a good friend, Camps blamed the whole players mess on Warner and his affidavit will now see Warner in court. Thank God I don't have friends like these two!!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 28, 2011, 10:30:43 AM »
Ok, I nearly made a terrible error. I began thinking "50 years in football? The man must really love football, and despite some errors of judgement, he must really have football close to his heart"

Then I woke up and thought:

50 years in football doesn't mean you love or respect the game. Its just been a convenient paycheck. If he had loved this game, he would have left a legacy of youth development, a string of coaches with big potential, a loyal and supportive corporate sponsor base, a contribution to world football. He list his successes as qualifying for 2006, but excuse me, wasn't it the players who achieved this? You were just a passenger like the rest of us. Worse, you took money, while supporters paid money. The youth world cups were achieved by Warner and his chicanery and wheres Camps legacy from those? Crumbling stadiums in poor geographical locations and no youth development programme?
Sorry Ollie, your legacy is taking TTFF from a period of immense profile and massive income to a bankrupt laughing stock with no viable succesors. The words "sinking ship" and "rat" springs to mind.

Ollies love for football is like the man who says he loves his wife, while beating her behind closed doors and horning her at every opportunity, providing nothing for his children. Its the love of an abuser, a rapist, a self serving opportunist who should have been found out and removed years ago.

And like an abused woman, TTFF will search for what they're used to, another abuser to take his place. More of the same is preferable to change....at least you know the rules.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 28, 2011, 10:42:30 AM »
God help us but it is true - Watson is it - but the latest intelligence says that he is running scared because he doesn't want to be associated with the Soca Warriors court case. The TTFF is imploding and hopefully Marlon Morris and his people will win the Northern FA election that will take place on Monday 31st. BTW, my information is that Clint Marcelle has joined with the incumbent NFA president Roland Forde after he lambasted the outgoing administration for having done nothing for years. Politics...
President could you enlighten me abourt this Watson chap. Is he by chance the baggage handler at piarco? Jack's Driver turn administrator?

He nearly had Brown and I thrown out of d HCS 4 posted d banners.

Watson was Acting Commissioner of Prison when he retired (don't think he was ever confirmed into the position). The man evil, I eh asking eh, I telling. Weary, that is how he does treat women, no respect and very abusive.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 28, 2011, 10:46:44 AM »
Camps licking ass because Jack eh done with he yet.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 28, 2011, 10:49:14 AM »

I woulda buss he f00cking head, I was waiting after de game right by de gate and is ah full fat bottle solo he collecting right on he temple....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 28, 2011, 10:50:19 AM »
Allyuh rejoicing now eh, but we might weep later.

remember when they removed most of those middleeastern monarch fuh the present day "so called " progressive rulers like khadafi, sadam, nassr and his boys (mubarak included) alassad, and ahmadinajad, and the scenario was worsened. these fella who waiting tuh take over is woss than jack and camps put together, don't be fooled ppl.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 28, 2011, 10:53:04 AM »
The TTFF members is real arse wipe and they like shrimps.  Many of this mess easy to deal with if someone of sunstance come into the position. The tricky thing is getting the position.

Get the position and approach the Warriors, open up the books to them and settle quickly. Allow all the pressure to fall on JW, as a new President, will only be allowed to see the cooked books. Therefore, it will be up to Warner to provide accounting along with the LOC. Forensic edit.

While all this is going on, approach The FIFA pro actively, seeking info on how to put the mess with The FIFA behind them.

Approach the private sector consistently asking questions on how the federation can get them back on board with consistent support through-out the programs in various forms, finances, resources, etc. Don't assume to know.

Open up meetings to the public, publish financial records, etc.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 28, 2011, 10:56:37 AM »

I woulda buss he f00cking head, I was waiting after de game right by de gate and is ah full fat bottle solo he collecting right on he temple....
Sam , in case yuh don't know. dat man eh no fackin joke, he woulda drink yuh fackin blood right by dat gate, trust meh!

i met that man , and he's nothing tuh fack wid. it's like staring in the eyes of ah calm stone cold killer.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 28, 2011, 11:43:11 AM »
Ok, I nearly made a terrible error. I began thinking "50 years in football? The man must really love football, and despite some errors of judgement, he must really have football close to his heart"

Then I woke up and thought:

50 years in football doesn't mean you love or respect the game. Its just been a convenient paycheck. If he had loved this game, he would have left a legacy of youth development, a string of coaches with big potential, a loyal and supportive corporate sponsor base, a contribution to world football. He list his successes as qualifying for 2006, but excuse me, wasn't it the players who achieved this? You were just a passenger like the rest of us. Worse, you took money, while supporters paid money. The youth world cups were achieved by Warner and his chicanery and wheres Camps legacy from those? Crumbling stadiums in poor geographical locations and no youth development programme?
Sorry Ollie, your legacy is taking TTFF from a period of immense profile and massive income to a bankrupt laughing stock with no viable succesors. The words "sinking ship" and "rat" springs to mind.

Ollies love for football is like the man who says he loves his wife, while beating her behind closed doors and horning her at every opportunity, providing nothing for his children. Its the love of an abuser, a rapist, a self serving opportunist who should have been found out and removed years ago.

And like an abused woman, TTFF will search for what they're used to, another abuser to take his place. More of the same is preferable to change....at least you know the rules.
:beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: October 28, 2011, 11:48:04 AM »
Allyuh rejoicing now eh, but we might weep later.

remember when they removed most of those middleeastern monarch fuh the present day "so called " progressive rulers like khadafi, sadam, nassr and his boys (mubarak included) alassad, and ahmadinajad, and the scenario was worsened. these fella who waiting tuh take over is woss than jack and camps put together, don't be fooled ppl.

Nobody here is being fooled Justcool!

President said it right (highlighted below), and this is the only way to stop a tyrant like Watson taking over!

"The presumption of innocence" applies to Camps. FIFA will not pursue the charges. The next president inherits a moribund organization, bankrupt is every sense but football cannot stop and there must be a national association to administer it. The resolution of the leadership issue does not reside in finding a saviour, however. Yes, someone must be at the helm, but "salvation" will only be found in the exercise of real football democracy from the ground up. That is, the clubs must reclaim the regional associations and, by extension, the Federation. Call me naive but I see no other way out of this mess.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 11:53:05 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #676 on: October 28, 2011, 11:51:09 AM »
Controversial, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this: "if shaka and them were smart they would have negotiated a much better deal with the locals, where the locals would be a part of the union and slowly put the pressure on the ttff, without full withdrawal right away."

Withdrawal from what? As I understood it, local players were invited to join FPATT free of charge. There was no implication that they would have to withdraw from anything. As I recall, there were worries that TTFF may blacklist FPATT members, but, of course, that would have been directly in opposition to FIFA who want every Federation to support players unions.

The reason FPATT failed is simple. Players could not see the benefits of joining compared with the risk of upsetting Warner. They did not have the backbone to fight for themselves, and as such, continue (as Mr Pfister said) allow themselves to be treated like animals. I know a player who hasn't been paid by his club since March, yet ProLeague will not allow him to sign for another club as his contract has not been ended.

FPATT would have made ProLeague, clubs and TTFF more professional.   

But I also wonder how much players were pressured not to join by their own unscrupulous agents who Pfister recently complained about.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: October 28, 2011, 11:58:47 AM »
The TTFF members is real arse wipe and they like shrimps.  Many of this mess easy to deal with if someone of sunstance come into the position. The tricky thing is getting the position.

Get the position and approach the Warriors, open up the books to them and settle quickly. Allow all the pressure to fall on JW, as a new President, will only be allowed to see the cooked books. Therefore, it will be up to Warner to provide accounting along with the LOC. Forensic edit.

While all this is going on, approach The FIFA pro actively, seeking info on how to put the mess with The FIFA behind them.

Approach the private sector consistently asking questions on how the federation can get them back on board with consistent support through-out the programs in various forms, finances, resources, etc. Don't assume to know.

Open up meetings to the public, publish financial records, etc.

Nice plan, will definitely work if executed with the right person in place but we all know that eh happening if a fella like Watson is allowed to take over!!

Who is currently the Vice President of the TTFF? I presume whoever that is will assume control until the TTFF has fresh elections?!  :thinking:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #678 on: October 28, 2011, 12:15:48 PM »
Controversial, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this: "if shaka and them were smart they would have negotiated a much better deal with the locals, where the locals would be a part of the union and slowly put the pressure on the ttff, without full withdrawal right away."

Withdrawal from what? As I understood it, local players were invited to join FPATT free of charge. There was no implication that they would have to withdraw from anything. As I recall, there were worries that TTFF may blacklist FPATT members, but, of course, that would have been directly in opposition to FIFA who want every Federation to support players unions.

The reason FPATT failed is simple. Players could not see the benefits of joining compared with the risk of upsetting Warner. They did not have the backbone to fight for themselves, and as such, continue (as Mr Pfister said) allow themselves to be treated like animals. I know a player who hasn't been paid by his club since March, yet ProLeague will not allow him to sign for another club as his contract has not been ended.

FPATT would have made ProLeague, clubs and TTFF more professional.   

like i said, i spoke to a few of the players directly and they told me the situation, fpatt needs better organization and structure

they approached it in the wrong way, shaka was a part of the lawsuit and also head of fpatt, shaka should have made it clear to the media that the players joining the association are not in support of the lawsuit, so that the local players would not be victimized as well.

certain ways of approaching the issue could have been handled better and it wasn't, plain and simple, we are dealing with people's livelihood's here and they have families to feed, they don't have the luxury of the foreign based to live off of previous earnings that are in euro or pounds.

fpatt handled the situation poorly, more leadership and better strategy needs to be shown in the future to convince me.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: October 28, 2011, 12:22:52 PM »

Nice plan, will definitely work if executed with the right person in place but we all know that eh happening if a fella like Watson is allowed to take over!!

Who is currently the Vice President of the TTFF? I presume whoever that is will assume control until the TTFF has fresh elections?!  :thinking:

There were three. Lennox Watson was one of them.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 28, 2011, 12:27:54 PM »

like i said, i spoke to a few of the players directly and they told me the situation, fpatt needs better organization and structure

they approached it in the wrong way, shaka was a part of the lawsuit and also head of fpatt, shaka should have made it clear to the media that the players joining the association are not in support of the lawsuit, so that the local players would not be victimized as well.

certain ways of approaching the issue could have been handled better and it wasn't, plain and simple, we are dealing with people's livelihood's here and they have families to feed, they don't have the luxury of the foreign based to live off of previous earnings
that are in euro or pounds.

fpatt handled the situation poorly, more leadership and better strategy needs to be shown in the future to convince me.

in other words, they acted like cowards.

i think anthony wolfe initally joined, but then again he is a man that does stand up for himself
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 28, 2011, 02:53:31 PM »
A very SAD SAD day in TnT Football
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: October 28, 2011, 03:06:40 PM »

There were three. Lennox Watson was one of them.

:-\
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: October 28, 2011, 04:20:38 PM »
I think Camps knew he had to resign or face the Courts in what could of been the biggest scandal in football. Camps as Jack wingman would have to choose facing fines and possible jail time for his involvement in the cases Fifa is current investigating. Exposing Warner and the TTFF books as well as answering questions in a long drawn out trial was the other option.. which honestly I would of preferred instead of him collecting a check for retirement every month..

Fact is Camps and Jack held out as long as they could and probably taken as much as they could as well. What can we thank him for is the question that comes to mind.. and .. I am still thinking. That said, hope TTFF get their act together and be honest to the jobs they have/ our football.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 28, 2011, 05:42:45 PM »

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.......what happened to

IT RESIGNSSSSSSS!!!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: October 28, 2011, 05:44:30 PM »

IT RESIGNSSSSSSS!!!!

:rotfl:  ent
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 28, 2011, 06:31:30 PM »
Couple questions...

1) Ent Warner and Camps still named as proprietors for the business entity trading as the TTFF ?  Does that mean that they will still be able to call the shots...not necessarily from behind the scenes either.

2) In the court case the players were trying to have Warner named as a co-defendant in the litigation.  I expect the same held for Camps as well.  How will the resignation of both men affect the outcome of the case and the eventual pay out ?

I know we were fighting a battle to have these two removed from office.  I suppose half the battle won, but personally i dont see much changing in the TTFF even though these two men gone, unless of course there is significant change in the culture of the TTFF.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: October 28, 2011, 09:53:22 PM »

IT RESIGNSSSSSSS!!!!

:rotfl:  ent

Yuh Know!!

Wais dah one dey Big Mag?
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: October 29, 2011, 01:09:13 AM »
Controversial : "they approached it in the wrong way, shaka was a part of the lawsuit and also head of fpatt, shaka should have made it clear to the media that the players joining the association are not in support of the lawsuit, so that the local players would not be victimized as well."

Let me understand this. TTFF broke their contract of employment and the players took legal action after mediation failed. TTFF produced false accounts. TTFF and Warner restricted the players trade by blacklisting them and publicly slandered them. But, FPATT should not have publicly supported the players? Are you mad, Contro? What union in the world would not use those actions as the very reason why a union is needed? If FPATT didn't support the action they would have appeared weak and toothless. From what I recall, FPATT consistently stated that they were not part of the lawsuit, but of course they supported the rights of workers to stand up to the wrongdoing of their employees.

I understand that by supporting the players, FPATT drew a line in the sand, but that was the point: no more abuse of players. The lawsuit should have been a catalyst that unified all players, a flag to rally around. Yet, even now, players still allow themselves to be "treated like animals" according to Pfister.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: October 29, 2011, 01:15:31 AM »
Couple questions...

1) Ent Warner and Camps still named as proprietors for the business entity trading as the TTFF ?  Does that mean that they will still be able to call the shots...not necessarily from behind the scenes either.

2) In the court case the players were trying to have Warner named as a co-defendant in the litigation.  I expect the same held for Camps as well.  How will the resignation of both men affect the outcome of the case and the eventual pay out ?

I know we were fighting a battle to have these two removed from office.  I suppose half the battle won, but personally i dont see much changing in the TTFF even though these two men gone, unless of course there is significant change in the culture of the TTFF.

1) Good question. TTFF is a sole trader owned by Oliver Camps, if I recall correctly.
2) The court case has two defendents: TTFF and Oliver Camps. Warner will be added as a third. Resignation will not effect anything. If Camps and Warner are found to be responsible for missing funds, their assets could be seized. Also, future TTFF income could be ordered to be used to repay the players. TTFF could be operating without funds for years. Also, any in depth investigation could find others culpable.

1]; } ?>