April 16, 2024, 02:15:37 PM

Poll

What do you folks predict for Oliver Camps & his future as TTFF President?

He will raise 2014 WC funds & carry on in the job for life as TTFF President
He will be found innocent at end of FIFA’s Cash For Votes Bribery investigations
He would be found guilty at end of FIFA’s Cash For Votes Bribery investigations & get a life ban
He will eventually be forced to resign due to the players’ court case against the TTFF
Just like Oliver himself, you have no idea :-)

Author Topic: Oliver Camps Thread  (Read 122537 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Warriors serve Camps, T&TFF.
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2007, 06:48:15 AM »
Warriors serve Camps, T&TFF.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).
[/size]

Sixteen of Trinidad and Tobago's 2006 World Cup heroes will now see their employers in court after the "Soca Warriors" officially launched legal proceedings against the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) and its president Oliver Camps yesterday morning.
The T&TFF was served notice of the suit yesterday by attorney Farid Scoon, who represents British sports law firm Athletes One Legal, although Camps is yet to be served as he was in Tobago on business.
The lawsuit is the culmination of a row between the national footballers and the T&TFF over bonus money owed from the 2006 World Cup.
FIFA vice-president Jack Warner, who acted in his capacity as T&TFF special adviser and chairman of the 2006 Germany LOC, agreed that the players be paid 50 per cent of all income generated from the team's historic qualification.
However, the players believed something was amiss when the T&TFF offered $5,644.08 per player and demanded that they be allowed to view the relevant contracts. The request was not granted and the players were barred from representing the national team at the recently-concluded 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup tournament.
Scoon claimed that the players gave the T&TFF every opportunity to negotiate a settlement and have now chosen the courts as a last resort.
"The players made all efforts to exercise all remedies outside of going to court," said Scoon. "It is only when they felt those efforts had been exhausted, they decided to go ahead (with legal action)."
Camps told the Express he was unaware of any legal action as he spent his day in business meetings and could not comment on the developments.
Scoon still believes the T&TFF could solve the impasse independent of the court.
"The players are not altogether happy to go down this (legal) route," he said, "but they are prepared to do what they have to do to get what is right.
"I get the feeling that, if a settlement was offered, they would grab it with both hands. The ball is in the hands of the T&TFF now."
Scoon already has another matter before the local courts regarding football's local governing body. Earlier this year, he brought a libel suit against Warner and the T&TFF on behalf of former national captain and assistant coach David Nakhid. The matter is still before the court.

Breach of Contract.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 07:56:27 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors serve Camps, T&TFF.
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2007, 08:59:53 AM »
oh God

The using the same Lawyer as Nakhid
This is leading to more and more confusion.

Court is not the way to go because it will be donkey years before anything gets done.

how Jack and them come clean.

At least they could say we spend the money and have no more left to give.

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2007, 09:36:27 AM »
oh God

Court is not the way to go because it will be donkey years before anything gets done.

how Jack and them come clean.

At least they could say we spend the money and have no more left to give.

This lawyer iwho has represented Nahkid, s the tnt representative in the case, there is a very experienced sports lawyer in London who is instructing.
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2007, 10:02:17 AM »

Did they file this in a T&T court?   ???

Say it ain't so.

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2007, 11:16:15 AM »

Say it ain't so.

I've explained in another post why it has been filed in the TnT High Ct.

I don't understand why people don't have faith in our judicial system. I for one, hold our judges in very high esteem and believe (at least with respect to the High Court & the Court of Appeal) that they are very independent and able to discharge their duties without fear or favour
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2007, 11:57:42 AM »
Lawsuit in dey kakahole!!!!  Niceness. Now yuh talking !!  Turning point in T&T history. Lovely.

Nuff respec Warriors. Yeah, Scampos, you go ahead and doh answer de lawyer phone calls and play yuh chupidee. You yuhself going dong wit' Jackula.  Yuh filthy nastiness. Rodent, dey coming for you next and is extradition oui.  ;D ;D   :rotfl: :rotfl:

:whip: :whip: :whip: :whip:
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2007, 01:17:45 PM »
Some judge getting a new car, life time passes to all TT games and other parting gifts  :devil: :devil:.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2007, 01:22:13 PM »
Some judge getting a new car, life time passes to all TT games and other parting gifts  :devil: :devil:.
;D
Yeah, Jackuls may sacrifice one of these fellas and give the Judge a FIFA Position
check this thread ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2007, 02:44:52 PM »
After service is game set match  to the warriors
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2007, 04:12:16 PM »

Say it ain't so.
They cyah file it in any other jurisdiction...the dispute is between Trinidadian parties, contending a contract that was agreed upon in Trinidad.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2007, 06:29:59 PM »

Say it ain't so.
They cyah file it in any other jurisdiction...the dispute is between Trinidadian parties, contending a contract that was agreed upon in Trinidad.

They can file it in CAS in Switzerland as far as I know.  Time will tell.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2007, 06:35:26 PM »

KICK CAMPS OUT
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2007, 06:47:44 PM »

Standard Statutes for Associations
Specifically mentions Ordinary Courts of Law

Fifa Statutes
pg 41 Article 62

That is what I going on.  I might be wrong and even not they may still accomplish what they want. 
T&T court have its advantages but time is not one of them.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2007, 06:47:56 PM »
Da Trinidad court ting could be de killer for those guys.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2007, 07:07:06 PM »

Say it ain't so.

I've explained in another post why it has been filed in the TnT High Ct.

I don't understand why people don't have faith in our judicial system. I for one, hold our judges in very high esteem and believe (at least with respect to the High Court & the Court of Appeal) that they are very independent and able to discharge their duties without fear or favour
Fli.....ah used to believe in de Justice system too until a certain senior Doctor's case was tried in record time and well with de CJ bachanal.....ah losing hope fast.....like ah losing hope about everything else about dis country.....

As for the lawsuit.....good going fellas.....is time de foolishness done...but wasn't there something recently about FIFA not allowing footballing matters to be tried in courts but will be settled internally??...
Whey de thread on dat?....I too lazy to search for it.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2007, 09:48:42 PM »

Fifa Statutes
pg 41 Article 62

That is what I going on.  I might be wrong and even not they may still accomplish what they want. 

Good info dey breds...ah didn't even think of the CAS.  I personally I'm not a fan of arbitration because I feel like there is less transparency in the rulings.  The thing with court cases is that the ruling is based on precedence...so one and easily identify the logic behind the ruling "in (X v. Y 2001) the court ruled such and such and such...the issue in this dispute is identical to that in X v. Y, therefore we apply that ruling here".  See in arbitration I'm not sure if there is such a reliance on precedence.  I'm not saying there isn't...I honestly don't know...but that's one thing that would trouble me.  I've looked at arbitration rulings in the past and often I can't make heads nor tails about them.  Not to imply that they're random...but I like to understand via a logical progression as to how the arbitrator or panel arrives at it's decision.

P. 41 Article 62...

Again, great research:

2  Recourse to ordinary courts of law is prohibited unless specifically
provided for in the FIFA regulations.

3 To ensure the foregoing, the Associations shall insert a clause in
their statutes stipulating that their clubs and members are prohibited
from taking a dispute to ordinary courts of law and are required
to submit any disagreement to the jurisdiction of the Association,
the appropriate Confederation or FIFA.

These are the two things that perhaps may offer an explanation.  Regarding (2) Is there a provision in this case, that allows for the Players to sue the Federation?

Regarding (3)...the statute speaks of "clubs and members"...no mention of players, so there appears to be no prohibition against players taking the Federation to court.

Also...where "players" are in fact referenced in FIFA statutes, another question would be: does that apply only to individual players or to player associations as well...ex. Dwight Yorke cannot sue FIFA..but does that prohibit FPATT from suing FIFA on Dwight Yorke's behalf?

These I think, would be pertinent questions.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 09:51:44 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2007, 10:09:46 AM »
Ah believe dat is de same lawyer who representin dem fellas who get hold de odda day fuh de JFK plot.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2007, 01:42:31 PM »

Fifa Statutes
pg 41 Article 62

Good info dey breds...ah didn't even think of the CAS.  I personally I'm not a fan of arbitration because I feel like there is less transparency in the rulings.  The thing with court cases is that the ruling is based on precedence...so one and easily identify the logic behind the ruling "in (X v. Y 2001) the court ruled such and such and such...the issue in this dispute is identical to that in X v. Y, therefore we apply that ruling here".  See in arbitration I'm not sure if there is such a reliance on precedence.  I'm not saying there isn't...I honestly don't know...but that's one thing that would trouble me.  I've looked at arbitration rulings in the past and often I can't make heads nor tails about them.  Not to imply that they're random...but I like to understand via a logical progression as to how the arbitrator or panel arrives at it's decision.

P. 41 Article 62...

Again, great research:

2  Recourse to ordinary courts of law is prohibited unless specifically
provided for in the FIFA regulations.

3 To ensure the foregoing, the Associations shall insert a clause in
their statutes stipulating that their clubs and members are prohibited
from taking a dispute to ordinary courts of law and are required
to submit any disagreement to the jurisdiction of the Association,
the appropriate Confederation or FIFA.

These are the two things that perhaps may offer an explanation.  Regarding (2) Is there a provision in this case, that allows for the Players to sue the Federation?

Regarding (3)...the statute speaks of "clubs and members"...no mention of players, so there appears to be no prohibition against players taking the Federation to court.

Also...where "players" are in fact referenced in FIFA statutes, another question would be: does that apply only to individual players or to player associations as well...ex. Dwight Yorke cannot sue FIFA..but does that prohibit FPATT from suing FIFA on Dwight Yorke's behalf?

These I think, would be pertinent questions.

FPATT is not bringing the case, the players are bringing it. I don't think FIFAs rule has ever been challenged in court, but I suspect its about to! If FIFA suspend the players, then FPATT and, presumably, the English PFA , the Scottish PFA and the MLS players association (as some of the players are members) would have to intercede.

Let us look at a hypothetical case. Say socawarriors. net have a membership rule that says anyone posting a message in green can be immediately banned from the site. So be it. Thats there rules and if you don't like it, don't join. However, if socawarriors.net suspended their employees without pay because they wanted to join a union, that would be an infringement of the employees human rights and a court case would ensue, resulting in massive fines.

Same with FIFA. Lets not forget, at the end of a day they make rules about a game. A sport. They are not a state. They cannot remove peoples human rights. I imagine if they banned just one player, they would probably be sued for MILLIONS of pounds. Think of the loss of earnings of Carlos, Stern, Brent etc. Then the damage to their career including future earnings from playing and coaching until age 65. Then the damages to thei reputation.  I think this rule is designed to prevent clubs and associations suing FIFA.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2007, 03:11:57 PM »
FPATT that situation is one route the players could take but do they really want to go through all that litigation starting in a T&T court?  They would be fighting two battles one of which they did not sign up for and they may in fight be deemed members of FIFA.

They would in essence have two court cases going on.  I also haven't heard FIFPro say anything against CAS...I would imagine they would have a stance on the subject before now.

Carlos is also not one of the 16 but their suspension from football including club football would be quite costly across the board(mostly the young players not the older ones) for whoever loses but it would be small for FIFA considering what is at stake for them so they would definitely pursue the matter to the fullest.  They also have a recent ruling in their favour though not player litigants.

I just hope their lawyers knew all of these possibilities ahead of time and the players are also aware and made informed decisions.  In any case it need not go that far because neither party want to go there.  Also based on what Scoon has said court can be avoided altogether.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 03:23:48 PM by dcs »

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warner calls on Camps to quit.
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2007, 08:19:23 PM »
Warner calls on Camps to quit.
By: Nigel Simon (Guardian).

FIFA vice-president and Concacaf boss Austin Jack Warner has suggested to long-serving T&T Football Federation that he relinquish the post as head of the local federation.
Warner was speaking at the official launch of the Caribbean Football Union Under-15 Tournament at the VIP Lounge, Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo, yesterday.
In his brief address, Warner said: “Mr Camps, it’s time for you to resign from your president of T&TFF and become an executive president like in some of the other countries.
“The sport of football is now a big business and the post needs a full-time professional person. So if any time for you to quit is right, I would say the time is now.”
With regards to the CFU tournament which will feature 19 teams and kicks off on August 18 Warner not for the first time lamented on the lack of support from corporate T&T.
He said: “If anything in the world will bankrupt me then youth football will and this tournament in particular.
“Over the past two years of the tournament it has failed to attract any sort of sponsorship and it seems as though they only like the players when they are big and have important qualifiers in Bahrain and other places.
“But it seems those same people don’t like to contribute to their development when they are at a young age. These youngsters have to be seen as an investment.”
Noting that the tournament is being run at a cost of eight million, the Concacaf boss said they asked for help from numerous companies and what they got in return was zero.
“There is nobody we failed to ask, and nobody came forward. But the show goes on.”
He asked the audience, “How can we be in a land of plenty and nobody has stepped forward?”
Warner also thanked all the teams, who have decided to compete in the tournament with little at stake.
“I would like to thank the countries which will be participating in an event where there is now money.”
Warner who leaves on Tuesday to witness the opening of the Fifa Under-17 World Cup in Korea next Saturday (August 18) also praised the tournament for helping T&T and Haiti reach Korea.
“If we did not have these types of competitions we will not at the moment have two teams from the CFU in Korea.
“Some people may say that God smiled on us. But they must remember Haiti qualified by beating Honduras and previous Under-17 World Cup winners Mexico, the.”

Fifa vice president Jack Warner, centre with T&TFF president Oliver Camps.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 05:53:23 AM by Flex »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner calls on Camps to quit
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2007, 08:46:03 PM »

Take meh stupid advice......thanks for the time...all the best
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2007, 08:47:14 PM »
That Jackass is an idiot. He think corporate T&T  go make him thief their money  :rotfl: :rotfl:
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2007, 09:22:38 PM »
I say quit smoking just so. Is the businessman daryan Warner per chance. As 4 the lack of money fool me once, fool me twice never again is what corporate TNT must be sayin
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2007, 09:32:42 PM »
Do you think that Jack getting senile or suffering from Alzheimer's or something. NO seriously, the things he been saying is kind of mental like.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2007, 09:45:43 PM »
Do you think that Jack getting senile or suffering from Alzheimer's or something. NO seriously, the things he been saying is kind of mental like.

Jack senile like a fox.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2007, 10:10:27 PM »
Jack senile like a fox.

maybe you are spot on
OR
maybe Jackula, as this quote suggests,
"To this end, he taught for all times that leadership is about service. Not about self-interest and self-aggrandizement. He taught an eternal lesson in responsible leadership, as well as the emptiness of a bloated conception of one’s ego. To this end, when a man clothes himself with the arrogance of omnipotence, he in Aristotelian terms, crowns himself a beast or a god, because omnipotence never resides in the society of men. He either dwells with the gods, or he ambles with the insane. He either sits in the Olympian heights, or in the pits of bestiality. He either dines with the gods, or he hunts with the dogs. No man can coronate himself a god without unholy consequences. That is a lesson, which humanity unfortunately has failed to learn. "
does not want to lime with the DOGS anymore.

Please read full article here
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 10:13:36 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2007, 04:49:29 AM »
Well look at dis nah!..........Could you believe it?

Imagine Jackula back-stabbin' his own partner in highway robbery, admitting that the Thee Thee F F is performing poorly and failing to build confidence and trust in potential corporate sponsors, and now finding fault all of a sudden in the man he told what to do. Unable to look in the mirror, he condemns Scamps, offering medicine that was meant for Jackula himself. Wha a ting!!  :rotfl:

Dis geyyin' real sweet. Is obvious de presshah real gettin' to him.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 05:01:32 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2007, 04:58:14 AM »
Like Warner New Year's resolution was to make the last .0000001% of the earth population that doh hate him want to kill him!

Next stop ....... Don Blatter.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner calls on Camps to quit.
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2007, 07:12:51 AM »
I will love if Camps resign as he is a waste..... but for Jack Warner to come out in public and say that shows that he is a un-professional rat !!! hope the others take note....

Jack is not Genuine !

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2007, 08:25:04 AM »
Like Warner New Year's resolution was to make the last .0000001% of the earth population that doh hate him want to kill him!

Next stop ....... Don Blatter.

Nah ... dem man making sense ... time fuh dem old farts tuh bus it from football ... de TTFF need new blood ... JACK talk good dey
Snake in de balliser

1]; } ?>