March 28, 2024, 12:07:24 PM

Poll

What do you folks predict for Oliver Camps & his future as TTFF President?

He will raise 2014 WC funds & carry on in the job for life as TTFF President
He will be found innocent at end of FIFA’s Cash For Votes Bribery investigations
He would be found guilty at end of FIFA’s Cash For Votes Bribery investigations & get a life ban
He will eventually be forced to resign due to the players’ court case against the TTFF
Just like Oliver himself, you have no idea :-)

Author Topic: Oliver Camps Thread  (Read 121872 times)

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: NEW Oliver camps Interview TODAY on 95.5fm I-Sports
« Reply #150 on: November 24, 2007, 08:40:12 PM »

PPl seem to forget that that was one of the terms of the arbitration agreement, that both sides agreed to refrain from commenting on the matter publicly.
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 25, 2007, 09:26:36 AM »
Ah hear Scampinho was real real pathetic on Andre "de fearless one" Baptiste's show on I95.5 FM.
Patriot yuh want to elaborate on da one?
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 25, 2007, 05:21:57 PM »
I eh hear it put Scamps cyah b nutten but pathethic
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 25, 2007, 08:17:20 PM »

PPl seem to forget that that was one of the terms of the arbitration agreement, that both sides agreed to refrain from commenting on the matter publicly.

True, but I also thought that one of the terms was also that the blacklist was officially called off. Therefore, the only answer should have been that ALL players are eligible. By saying that he doesn't want to comment, Mr Camps is not complying with the spirit of the agreement.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 25, 2007, 08:26:33 PM »
FPATT I strongly believe you are correct. Iz true. I thougt there was a truce. Blacklist over, arbitraton instead of the other court that Jackula seemed to feared more (maybe because it impacted more on his ability to campaign for the elections and deal with controversy.) I believe he relished the gag order which made the blacklist issue  news blackout topic before the election but I guess that could have happened in any legal process

FPATT I would like you to explain what the arbitration route can and cannot do in contrast to a more "potent?" court system. I purposely used this inappropriate term so that any myths can be dispelled, if myth is the right term. How does it work? Who has the advantage? What are the limitations? Thanks.  :beermug:

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 25, 2007, 09:13:28 PM »
Dreamer, remmember that FPATT are not involved directly in this dispute.

However, I understand that the main difference is cost nd speed. The arbitrator sets a date by which the dispute must be settled, in this case, I think, the end of March. The cost is infinately less expensive.

I understand that the same disclosure rules apply and the findings can be made public. Any fines can still be imposed and if there are any laws broken, these can still be referred to the authorities.

I think its main benefit is that there is no need to attend a civil court and therefore the case can be judged more quickly with less expense.

I would imagine that arbitration in London is only slightly preferable to TTFF, and that, only because of the above reasons.

In the future, FPATT would refer any player disputes to aDispute Resoloution Chamber, which is FIFAs preferred mechanism. This would be made up of 50% of personnel chosen by the player and this would usually include representatives of the players association and/or FIFPro personnel. FIFA has declared that these DRCs have to be in place (I think) by 2010 in CONCACAF and 2008 in UEFA.

FIFA have officially recognised FIFPro as the sole representative of the players, and as such, all players associations affiliated to FIFPro should also be recognised by national and international football associations as independent players associations. This means that when FPATT become members of FIFPro, TTFF have no choice but to recognise FPATT and their position represent and negotiate on behalf of players.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 25, 2007, 09:21:07 PM »
Excellent answer. Thanks for the education. We need more of this talk on the forum.
With your answer yuh could see how FPATT becomes vital so as to access FiFPro  :thinking:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 09:29:19 PM by dreamer »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 25, 2007, 09:49:20 PM »
So apart from the tangential issues discussed, the purpose of this thread seems to have gone to nought!  >:(
Waste ah time.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 26, 2007, 07:09:23 PM »
How much can u say bout Scamps? D man is a bad joke an incompetent fool etc etc
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 26, 2007, 07:25:18 PM »
How long this arbitration fiasco going take. We need these players now to prepare for the WC.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 26, 2007, 09:30:20 PM »
Nothings going to be resolved until March. Thats when the decision is made. Still much quicker than court.

If Warners gonna "leave no stone unturned", theres no reason not to pick players from the 16.

He can't be that stupid to ignore at least 5 of T&Ts best players......can he?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 26, 2007, 09:39:41 PM »
Nothings going to be resolved until March. Thats when the decision is made. Still much quicker than court.
If Warners gonna "leave no stone unturned", theres no reason not to pick players from the 16.
He can't be that stupid to ignore at least 5 of T&Ts best players......can he?
with that $173 Million TnT, he does NOT need TnT Football anymore
the biggest Fowl Tief in FIFA
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 09:46:04 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFF, Camps one-man company
« Reply #162 on: March 01, 2008, 04:22:56 PM »
TTFF, Camps one-man company.
By: Week-end Investigation (Sunday Mirror).

Shocker: The Trinidad and Tobago Footbal Federation (TTFF) of which Jack Warner is Special Adviser and which has received over $45 million of taxpayers fundsis, in fact a sole trader company owned by it's President Oliver Camps and not a normal sports organization as the public has been led to believe.

Anther eye-opener  is that Warner has paid sacked Dutch Coach Wim Rijsbergen twice out of his secret personal Cayman Islands account.

These 'bombshells" are contained in the afidavit of a writ Rijsbergen filed against Camps in the High Court on Wednesday.

Government paid out some $45 milion to the TTFF with Camps, himself, receiving the cheques for expenses incurred in preparing the Soca Warrios for the 2006 Football World Cup in Germany - possibly, unaware that the TTFF is a one-man company.

Rijsbergen, who was dismissed in December following a verbal altercation with Technical Director Lincoln Phillips, is seeking some US$90,000 in arrears of salary damages for breach of contract, exemplary damages, costs and other relief.

Rijsbergen, who was Leo Beenhakker's assistant, succeeded him 18 months ago when Beenhaker quit the job after the World Cup to coach Poland.

He was hired at a tax-free monthly salary of US$60,000 plus other perks for a four-year period. However, he was short-paid by some US$10,000 monthly during the period August 2006 to July 2007 and received the sum of US$9,905 from Warner which represented his August Salary.

He claimed that he was further short-paid by US$10,000 for the months of September, October and November 207 and received no salary for December.
Things went sour following an alleged confrontation between himsef and former national goal-keeper Lincoln Philips last year.

He contended that he was treated unfairly by Camps "in the handling of the alleged incident" and the purported convening  of a tribunal which he claimed "broke every tenet of the rules of national justice,fairness transparency".
The four-member tribunal or disciplinary committee, which gave him short notice about its deliberations , comprised Lennox Watson, Ewing Davis, Elvis Charles and Sushilla Jadoonanan.

They found that Rijsbergen's language constituted "acts of intimidation" against Phillips and "was unneccessary, unprofessional and unfounded and would, therefore, bring the TTFF into disrepute".

The committee also found that while there was an assault against Phillips, "it was not a physical one". He was found guilty of misconduct on December 6th by the Tribunal and suspended for a six month period from December 4.
The Dutch coach is contending that he was not given the opportunity to cross-examine his accuser, to have witnesses, to address the disciplinary comittee in his defence or to have legal counsel.

He was also not advised of his rights to appeal and on December 17, a letter by courier service arrived at his home in Holland advising him that he had "failed to file an appeal of the said decision and the date for filing such an appeal has expired".

On January 3, Camps told a press conference that an interim national coach, Francisco Manturana, had ben appointed. Neither Camps nor Warner could be contacted on the matter since both are out of the country.

Mirror Weekend wanted to quiz Camps about the true status of TTFF. Pursuant to the said contract Oliver Camps and TTFF has been credited by the Chairman with certain payments particulars whereof and the corresponding source of funds (where available) are set forth in he chart below.

TAKEN FROM THE SUNDAY MIRROR MARCH 2ND PG 3
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 08:12:29 PM by Flex »

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF, Camps one-man company
« Reply #163 on: March 01, 2008, 04:36:07 PM »
  :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:
All American

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 01, 2008, 04:42:17 PM »
is the mirror a credible source for news :whistling: :whistling:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 01, 2008, 05:33:11 PM »
What happen in the dark...

But i particularly liked the line "...was unneccessary, unprofessional and unfounded and would, therefore, bring the TTFF into disrepute"

oh the irony.  :devil:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 01, 2008, 05:40:34 PM »
Yes d mirror does have d trute. Dey does like dey bachanal but dey does have d trute. I await d spin by JW

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 01, 2008, 06:27:20 PM »
Yes d mirror does have d trute. Dey does like dey bachanal but dey does have d trute. I await d spin by JW

like the devil shape smoke that pop up over a bun down factory a couple of years ago  :whistling:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 01, 2008, 08:37:24 PM »
and so the cookie crumbles..................this law suit and all them thing goin to be the end of the ttff first though and i aint so sure if that is goin to be good or bad for we football.
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #169 on: March 01, 2008, 08:46:26 PM »
and so the cookie crumbles..................this law suit and all them thing goin to be the end of the ttff first though and i aint so sure if that is goin to be good or bad for we football.

bad in the short term, good in the long

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 02, 2008, 11:23:09 AM »
I eagerly await d rebuttal

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 02, 2008, 11:42:36 AM »
       You damn right because if those two guys gone Football don't have a cent,i'm around Football too long and my senses always told me our Football was owned by those guys,they have too much control,they surround themselves with only yes people,in the end we might get them out not without a fight but it will take us some good years to recover,we already behind in our development as a Football nation this will set us back even more,everything Football in the country has JW/Camps signature on it,they own it.     

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 02, 2008, 01:01:02 PM »
       You damn right because if those two guys gone Football don't have a cent,i'm around Football too long and my senses always told me our Football was owned by those guys,they have too much control,they surround themselves with only yes people,in the end we might get them out not without a fight but it will take us some good years to recover,we already behind in our development as a Football nation this will set us back even more,everything Football in the country has JW/Camps signature on it,they own it.     

So what's your position?

Continue with the staus quo and allow them to continue to run roughshod over a game & country you and all of us claim to love?

OR

Do whatever it takes to remove them and create a new beginning for our football no matter what pain we will have to endure in the interim?

What do YOU Coop's say?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 02, 2008, 01:38:24 PM »
my opinion in song

addendum:
I know a place where we can carry on and that is a place without the previous way that players and coaches have been treated.....with or without this current crop of administrators in the TTFF.
 In other words we need a change in Style.........to treat people fairly
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 01:58:10 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 02, 2008, 01:42:05 PM »

So what's your position?

Continue with the staus quo and allow them to continue to run roughshod over a game & country you and all of us claim to love?

OR

Do whatever it takes to remove them and create a new beginning for our football no matter what pain we will have to endure in the interim?

What do YOU Coop's say?
        I agree with you on this you know Palos,i like your second option but is how our country will deal with such a move is what concerns me,it have people here that have no patience,if the present administration gone they still want us to qualify/win every tournament we play in,give who ever take control a hard time,i know my people we are the biggest critiques of our own self.Look at what happening,we going to wait until they boot out JW and Camps them we will start looking for somebody to replace them,we are never prepared for nothing,we have no plan for when they gone so people will always be saying "if" both of then was there,they have so much control people afraid to even say how will replace them,but don't feel for one minute i want them to stay.    

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 02, 2008, 01:44:05 PM »

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 02, 2008, 02:29:28 PM »
If a man hire you at 60K a month tax free and ducking for salary by 10K a month after 2 -3 months it might be time to walk away and make some noise.

imagine Jack and them want to pay this man 60K US dollars a month to coach professional players who only send on average 1 week every other week actually getting some coaching.

A man like corneal have to be at least getting 30K a month US.

This is real money

Jack I waiting on my work!

If I go trinidad right now and ask jack for 60000TT to be in charge of picking up all the big stone and pulling up all the timari and water the grass in eddie hart savanah
You know they go call me a mad man.

This is how the world does work.

As far as the TTFF vs TFA with the TTFF being an individual company I did know that long time.

But I dont know the dealings of how each thing does work.

Is a blasted conspricy

I cannot wait to see how this Jack Warner story going to end.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 02, 2008, 03:02:19 PM »
People, you're gonna need to help me here.....

If what I read here is true, T&T football is governed and run by one man??? That can't be right.

OK, I knew Warner was actually running things behind his puppet administration, but how the hell can the T&T govt, FIFA, CONCACAF, FPATT and FIFPro allow this to happen??

Football is supposed to be run by the people, for the people. In other words, it has to be democratic.

What I don't undertand is how they had elections when its a private company. And what did Camps do with the $173 million? If its his company, then its his money.

In most countries in the world, this news old lead to immediate suspension of TTFF pending an enquiry. The govt have to give a mandate to someone to act as representatives of football in there nation. Surely they didn't give it to Mr Camps to act alone without any recourse?   

The most outrageus thing is that Warner bounces around the world telling people how they should run football and trying to suspend national federations, and yet he must have known about this.

This cannot be allowed to continue. Players should refuse to play, ProLeague should demand clarification, FIFA should suspend Warner and the Govt should launch an inquiry including freezing of assets and a full audit.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #178 on: March 02, 2008, 04:16:57 PM »
kent,
You had alluded to the difference between the TTFA and the TTFF in this thread:

TTFA or TTFF. Which is legally the administration?

and I've read a few other little blurbs about the demise of the TTFA but it was hard to get the full story. This is the first time I've heard it was a sole proprietorship.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 02, 2008, 04:28:17 PM »
kent,
You had alluded to the difference between the TTFA and the TTFF in this thread:

TTFA or TTFF. Which is legally the administration?

and I've read a few other little blurbs about the demise of the TTFA but it was hard to get the full story. This is the first time I've heard it was a sole proprietorship.

This is what I mean. Its one thing having a body licenced by TTFA with some kind of accountability, but a sole proprietor is the same as a dictatorship. No one to answer to.

1]; } ?>