March 28, 2024, 06:09:32 AM

Poll

What do you folks predict for Oliver Camps & his future as TTFF President?

He will raise 2014 WC funds & carry on in the job for life as TTFF President
He will be found innocent at end of FIFA’s Cash For Votes Bribery investigations
He would be found guilty at end of FIFA’s Cash For Votes Bribery investigations & get a life ban
He will eventually be forced to resign due to the players’ court case against the TTFF
Just like Oliver himself, you have no idea :-)

Author Topic: Oliver Camps Thread  (Read 121861 times)

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Satement from President of TTFF Oliver Camps
« Reply #210 on: April 05, 2008, 06:22:10 PM »
Bakes and Midknight you guys took the words from my mouth...also they say they are audited every year by KPMG...When is the public goin to see these audit reports!
they shud have some interesting things in them
Back in Trini...

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 05, 2008, 06:26:41 PM »
I smell a jack. Camps doh have that much personality...

In truth! Because if yuh look good yuh could see the hand behind he back  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 05, 2008, 06:27:45 PM »
Bakes and Midknight you guys took the words from my mouth...also they say they are audited every year by KPMG...When is the public goin to see these audit reports!
they shud have some interesting things in them
Nobody eh really care about them and they KPMG audits...we eh care what dem to with their money too much...tief FIFA money all allyuh want...we have a right to know what happen to ours.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 05, 2008, 07:33:53 PM »
Statment from president of TTFF Oliver Camps in response to minister Gary Hunt    
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

I had planned not to dignify the Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs’ attack on the Football Federation last Thursday with a response of any kind.  But since he chose to attack the T&TFF in the midst of our hosting the CONCACAF Futsal Qualifying Competition when we have hundreds of our football colleagues in our midst, I, in my capacity as President of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation, have chosen to respond to him so as to set the records straight, at least in the eyes of our international colleagues.

The Minister, after having our Press Officer, Shaun Fuentes ejected from the press conference, in sum, accused us of “lacking ambition” and of failing to submit a budget for our strategic plan for 2008 – 2014. I will therefore deal with these two maters, albeit somewhat briefly.
The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation is 100 years old this year and is celebrating this centennial achievement with a series of activities, the launch of which took place at the home of His Excellency, Professor Dr. George Maxwell Richards a fortnight ago.  The Federation’s record over the last 100 years will be revealed during the series of activities throughout this year but, for the Minister Hunt’s sake, I will merely submit to him, a list of some of our achievements these past seven years, when he was nowhere around.

In 2001, we hosted the FIFA U17 World Championship which, on record, remains the most successful event ever hosted anywhere in the world for that age group. Where the money from this successful event?Between 2001 and the present time, hundreds of our footballers have been able to become professional players overseas and our officials have held the highest offices in FIFA, CONCACAF and CFU.
We are the only country in the Caribbean to have a full professional football league as well as a full semi-pro league – both of which have given employment to hundreds of footballers.  
In 2006 we reached our highest point when we qualified for the FIFA World Cup Finals in Germany – the smallest and youngest country to have ever done so to date!!!

We have successfully hosted several CONCACAF and CFU events during the intervening years and have equally participated in others which we have not hosted.  At this very moment, we have two National Women’s teams participating in events in Mexico and Costa Rica, while our men have recently successfully competed against El Salvador and Jamaica.

Our accounts are audited every year by KPMG and our membership benefits from our regular meetings at the Executive, General Council and Annual level.
The list can go on and on but I believe that I have said enough to debunk Minister Hunt’s assertion of the Federation being a body that lacks ambition. And to think that all our achievements to date have been possible without one red cent of Government spending from this “Johnny come lately” Minister of Sport! But, you got monies from the Ministry.  A Minister who has refused to attend any function to which we have invited him – not even the hallowed halls of the President’s House was saved from this disgrace!!

We have applied to Government, through the Ministry of Sport, to host the FIFA U17 Women’s Championship and though the former Minister of Sports, Roger Boynes had agreed in principle, to date, the present Minister has refused to even acknowledge the Federation’s submission.   England is playing a friendly match against us on June 1 – the first time in the history of football in the Caribbean and this Minister of Sport will not even fix the playing pitch of the Hasely Crawford Stadium to facilitate the playing of this historic encounter.

We submitted, on the Minister’s request, a strategic plan for 2008 – 2014 and have not even had an acknowledgment of our submission.  But we are accused in his press conference of not submitting a budget – a budget for a document which we have never met to discuss and finalise nor even discuss over the phone!!

And then he ejects our Press Officer from his press conference!

We in the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation are consoled by the fact that nothing lasts forever, not even the present Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs. Is this threat of some kind?
Sgd

Oliver Camps

Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation

This long letter and he still eh  say anything....stuepss
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 05, 2008, 07:35:25 PM »
"The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation is 100 years old this year"

I know I'm fairly new to this site, but isn't TTFF a reletively new company? And I thought Oliver Camps owned the company. So how can it be 100 years old?

I also noted that Warner is referred to in plural...or have there been other high ranking FIFA Trinis?

And isn't the "only professional league in the Caribbean" aprivate enterprise entirely seperate from TTFF?

"And to think that all our achievements to date have been possible without one red cent of Government spending from this “Johnny come lately” Minister of Sport! "  I can't believe he even said this! How on earth was Hunt supposed to help when he wasn't even a minister?

Its a pity Camps didn't explain where all the money given by the government went to.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 07:39:16 PM by kentsoulman »

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 05, 2008, 08:00:18 PM »
Camps.....
 When you put foward a proposal  .....You have to submit a budget .....
 and each year give an account of how things going and what you intend to do the next year etc. ...

Is a blank cheque you want to run with?????

....  Go and write a book on the history of the TTFF .....
 ..... Worst response as President .....

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Satement from President of TTFF Oliver Camps.
« Reply #216 on: April 05, 2008, 09:08:20 PM »
Like Oliver Scyamps dunce or what.  They man say present audit and release a budget to the government and public. What part of that he cant understand.   Do like Nike and just do it and you will get money for "our" football

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 05, 2008, 10:35:23 PM »
This man is one mudda c*nt. Why don't he reveal the accounting. He want money and don't want to be accountable to nobody. Camps haul yuh arse
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 05, 2008, 10:56:25 PM »

In truth! Because if yuh look good yuh could see the hand behind he back  ;D
nah ah feel de hand up he ass.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 05, 2008, 11:28:03 PM »

i see his lips move but he sounds like Jackula ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 06, 2008, 12:04:57 AM »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 06, 2008, 05:39:16 AM »
ssssttteeeuuupppsss.....it too early yes, ah goh respond later, perhaps after I've had some lunch....breakfast not strong enuff to withstand dis crap!!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 06, 2008, 06:27:22 AM »
Not going to try and understand whats going on with your football, but it seems a mess.

Looking from the outside, that statement is basically saying 3 things,

1. Look how good we are and what we have done in the past, we are totally innocent in all of this.

2. We have done half of what you are asking and your not getting any more

3. We will play the blame / bluff  game and hope to get the minister sacked, replaced or play for time as long as we can.

BTW can someone tell me what steups is I have been wondering that for ages, sorry I but I am a foriegner ;)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 06, 2008, 06:59:57 AM »
BTW can someone tell me what steups is I have been wondering that for ages, sorry I but I am a foriegner ;)
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=12318.0
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 06, 2008, 07:02:23 AM »

Could you send that to the express guardian, newsday and all other publications in T&T. I like it.

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: April 06, 2008, 08:48:45 AM »
As a football fan, ah real love up me soca warriors, and ah does spend any amount of money the ttff ask to see them play ( ah thinking might be 600.00 for the england game), but when ah hear responses like that from the 'president'...ah does get real frustrated
If...
chief justice ivor archie say so
ex-chief justice sharma say so
law assoc pres martin daly say so
transpareny institute say so
Ken Gordon say so
jones p say so....then is so!!!

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 06, 2008, 10:00:03 AM »
Cramps said that we were the smallest and youngest country to reach ah WC.  This is not true. smallest yes but not the youngest.
Jamaica is a couple months older than T&T and they reach the WC in 98. And what about teams like Croatia and Ukraine they are both younger countries than T&T. This man is de president of de TTFF and he can't even get his facts and history right. 100 years of  :bs:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline dspfootballer

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 06, 2008, 11:07:29 AM »
FIFA will support TTFA over the TNT Government and will suppend our national football team from FIFA events.  We can deal with that as a sovereign state.  There is a built in conflict of interest who does Jack Warner represent FIFA, TTFA, UNC, "FTATT"?  Can JW or anyone serve three masters?

I do agree there needs to be transparency and accountability by all concern about all tax payers resources.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 06, 2008, 11:58:53 AM »
de man warm up and stretch in de first paragraph, I was waiting with baited breath for an explanation on the expenditure...

Then he goes on to list some achievements.. waiting on de sideline while the linesman hold up the signal for him to enter the game..

Up to now he eh walk on de field yet..

A whole long hogwash of a letter that said absolutely nothing other than declare that they want to have nothing to do with the ministry of sport..

we need that steups emoticon!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #230 on: April 06, 2008, 12:22:01 PM »
So many inaccuracies in that statement that it isn't even funny. Especially like the fact that the TTFF hosted an U-17 WC, I though it was TnT do that with the TTFF as one of many stakeholders, the biggest of which was the government of the time.

Worse though is the omissions.

He forget to mention that we are the only country to have a major pay dispute and to blacklist players since the WC.

he also forget to mention that the federation always pleading that they poor and has gone through bankruptcy already. You can't fault the Minister for asking for a budget under those circumstances.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 06, 2008, 01:46:41 PM »
BM wneh is d protest yuh did plan. So what if we get ban.Ollie when u makin up d figures remember dat n Income and Expenditure statement has an income side so where d money dat FIFA does give all yuh.

Extremely loud steuosssssssssssssss
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 06, 2008, 03:00:13 PM »
  IT SPEAKSSSSSSSSSS
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 06, 2008, 03:02:39 PM »
How about for the JA game evryone show up but satnd oout side the grounds in they red jersey.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 06, 2008, 04:47:16 PM »

Gih  de man a break ...is more dan 30 years he take to make he maiden speech  :rotfl: :rotfl:
....he eh saying nutten in front no seta a journalist .....anyone can submit a statement....
Scamps has never had an explanation for anything...just preferring to hide behind de adviser !

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 06, 2008, 09:17:28 PM »
Any 2x2 organization can show books 4 2 yrs. Dey eh even askin bout all d money they just want want 2 know bout the 12 million that my tax dollars give
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 06, 2008, 11:09:44 PM »
 :yapping: :yapping: : TTFF eh fooling nobody. If Camps had an ounce of integrity he would have resigned years ago.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 07, 2008, 08:19:45 AM »
FIFA will support TTFA over the TNT Government and will suppend our national football team from FIFA events.  We can deal with that as a sovereign state.  There is a built in conflict of interest who does Jack Warner represent FIFA, TTFA, UNC, "FTATT"?  Can JW or anyone serve three masters?

I do agree there needs to be transparency and accountability by all concern about all tax payers resources.

Jack serve only one master..himself.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline 2020ldrship

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 07, 2008, 01:11:25 PM »
can someone correct me if i'm wrong, but wasnt the TTFF auditor some Rampersad guy during the whole WC impasse? I wouldnt want to believe that a reputable firm like KPMG would want their name associated with such bush accounting as TTFF exhibits

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 07, 2008, 01:42:09 PM »
scotch and fackin coconut water
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>