April 19, 2024, 03:46:21 PM

Poll

What do you folks predict for Oliver Camps & his future as TTFF President?

He will raise 2014 WC funds & carry on in the job for life as TTFF President
He will be found innocent at end of FIFA’s Cash For Votes Bribery investigations
He would be found guilty at end of FIFA’s Cash For Votes Bribery investigations & get a life ban
He will eventually be forced to resign due to the players’ court case against the TTFF
Just like Oliver himself, you have no idea :-)

Author Topic: Oliver Camps Thread  (Read 122827 times)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Camps says he’ll give up football job if challenged.
« Reply #330 on: August 11, 2010, 02:28:35 PM »
I thought by now this forum would have had someone ready to take the job,is years now we calling for this,i will recommend some names if you all will vote for them,Kelvin Jack,Sancho or Shaka,i think these guys are young,in sync with the modern game and what it calls for,knows the ins and outs of T&T Football (history),Latas and Yorke already have their work cut out.The time has come and these guys have to go weather they want it or not,the youths have to be ready to replace them.

Coop's dais the problem right dey.....we cyar just walk een the people election and vote...if that could happen I would be at the venue before it opened.....
       Who put forward all those names in the article?Ron Laforest,Brian Williams etc etc what say/weight does these guys carry in the TTFF,if they could recommend some names what happen to us,we have nothing to loose,just throw some names out there and see what happens,who is the people you talking about,i thought the people was us(the worriors),it's our election we can get all the information if we want too.     

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 11, 2010, 02:48:30 PM »
I thought by now this forum would have had someone ready to take the job,is years now we calling for this,i will recommend some names if you all will vote for them,Kelvin Jack,Sancho or Shaka,i think these guys are young,in sync with the modern game and what it calls for,knows the ins and outs of T&T Football (history),Latas and Yorke already have their work cut out.The time has come and these guys have to go weather they want it or not,the youths have to be ready to replace them.

Coop's dais the problem right dey.....we cyar just walk een the people election and vote...if that could happen I would be at the venue before it opened.....
       Who put forward all those names in the article?Ron Laforest,Brian Williams etc etc what say/weight does these guys carry in the TTFF,if they could recommend some names what happen to us,we have nothing to loose,just throw some names out there and see what happens,who is the people you talking about,i thought the people was us(the worriors),it's our election we can get all the information if we want too.     

Coop's, first the date of the election is a secret as well guarded as the receipe for Angostura bitters.  First it was October, then potentially August now...its in a few months time.  That could translate to anywhere between now and December. Then, if we lucky to find out the date, we eh know where the venue is.

Then let's say we accomplish the above, who going to vote for the names we put up?  The associations vote and if Jack have them on lock down then what??....I understand what yuh saying eh Coop's but.....trying to infiltrate the TTFF will take skills that possibly only people who work for the CIA and the (now defunct??) KGB have......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 11, 2010, 03:29:26 PM »
What Camps really mean is that he'll give up the football job if allowed, that dog ent doing nutten without leave of it's master.

And Coops you self, anybody could make recommendation but the question yuh pose is if people go VOTE for them.  How people could vote and we doh know where voting taking place for one, and two... is not just anybody could roll in there and vote, that restricted to football stakeholders.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 11, 2010, 03:57:18 PM »
Keith Look Loy  Raymond Tim Kee and Rudolph Thomas WILL THESE GUYS KEEP WARNER AS SPECIAL ADVISOR?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 04:25:29 PM by Trini _2014 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 11, 2010, 04:13:10 PM »
SHAKA WOULD BE GREAT IN THIS ROLE OR EVEN SKEENE, WAIT WHY NOT THROW NAKHID INTO THE MIX TOO AND GALLY ALL GREAT CHOICES WHO HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN IN THE GAME

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 11, 2010, 04:13:36 PM »
Keith Look Loy  Raymond Tim Kee and Rudolph Thomas WILL THESE GUYS KEEP WARNER AS SPECIAL ADVISOR

Trini_2014,
                 Why you so smart?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 11, 2010, 04:25:11 PM »
Keith Look Loy  Raymond Tim Kee and Rudolph Thomas WILL THESE GUYS KEEP WARNER AS SPECIAL ADVISOR

Trini_2014,
                 Why you so smart?

so deeks nothing change
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 11, 2010, 07:43:11 PM »
coops /i agree with you 100% !!!! same way alibey could plant brathwaite name in the press, flex and tallman could easily do interviews with the whole national team, past and present and have some names out there.  shaka, sancho, skeene, nakhid...i find allyuh throw some real good names in that hat.  the only way to have any hope of change is to seize the chance to bring these names up in the media: including talkshows etc.  what yuh say yourstruly? this is a big scoop, interview some players.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 11, 2010, 07:44:36 PM »
coops /i agree with you 100% !!!! same way alibey could plant brathwaite name in the press, flex and tallman could easily do interviews with the whole national team, past and present and have some names out there.  shaka, sancho, skeene, nakhid...i find allyuh throw some real good names in that hat.  the only way to have any hope of change is to seize the chance to bring these names up in the media: including talkshows etc.  what yuh say yourstruly? this is a big scoop, interview some players.

Right Kounty I glad you agree with Coop's....now let's hear HOW the names that are submitted will be voted for by the people WHO CAN VOTE??....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 11, 2010, 07:57:01 PM »

Right Kounty I glad you agree with Coop's....now let's hear HOW the names that are submitted will be voted for by the people WHO CAN VOTE??....
Did you know about Obama before 2007?
TnT Patriot

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 11, 2010, 08:00:32 PM »

No I did not....how does this topic solve the problem of getting the people who have the power to vote in a new administration at the TTFF to do so??.... :waiting: :waiting:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 11, 2010, 08:03:48 PM »

No I did not....how does this topic solve the problem of getting the people who have the power to vote in a new administration at the TTFF to do so??.... :waiting: :waiting:
If you just dismiss yourself as an option before you start then you never have a chance.

For the first time of my lifetime, as far as I can remember, we have a real opportunity for change. We have to find a way.
TnT Patriot

Offline trinipepper

• New Warrior
  • addin fire to the flame ...izatrini
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 11, 2010, 09:01:47 PM »
TTFA...getting rid of one pot hound.. its clear they already have another pot hound ready...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 11, 2010, 09:04:54 PM »
TTFA...getting rid of one pot hound.. its clear they already have another pot hound ready...

YEP 1 HOUND 2 REPLACE ANOTHER
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 12, 2010, 05:51:43 AM »

If you just dismiss yourself as an option before you start then you never have a chance.

For the first time of my lifetime, as far as I can remember, we have a real opportunity for change. We have to find a way.

Chups....all this airy fairy talk eh getting we nowhere closer to solving the problem.  Come back when yuh have a concrete plan and we goh take it from there....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: August 12, 2010, 08:33:03 AM »
Camps still dey ? I THOUGHT HE EXITED LONG AGO !

Camps rivals one hardeo Hardath aka ..minister of silence ..who sat in de parliament for donkey ears ( no mistake ) ..and said nothing .

let me get this ....Camps is willing to give up an organisation plagued by insurmountable debt, lack of vision, even hindsight, with a financial  judgement decreed against it by the players, no assets , a damaged product tainted by wranglings between players and administration ...what a selfless man !

..reminds me of de king in shreck ...some of you may die ...but it is a sacrifice I am willing to make ! :rotfl:

..ah go quote flip wilson when he was asked to contribute to making de church run .....let it crawl brother ...let it crawl !

We will rise !! ..but out  de ashes of de TTFF ...so it has to die ... let it die folks ..so dat others might have life .

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 12, 2010, 11:51:54 AM »
Lol de man buss out a Hardeo Hardath reference yes...  :rotfl:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 12, 2010, 06:38:33 PM »

Chups....all this airy fairy talk eh getting we nowhere closer to solving the problem.  Come back when yuh have a concrete plan and we goh take it from there....

We eh even know when d election iz? Leh we strt dey.  A DATE PLS
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #348 on: August 18, 2010, 04:21:43 AM »
Braithwaite, Look Loy not running for top football job.
By Walter Alibey (T&T Newsday).

Richard Braithwaite, a frontrunner to replace Oliver Camps as president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) at the upcoming Annual General Elections (AGM) later this year, has said he is not interested in the job.

And Keith Look Loy who has also been mentioned as a candidatehas echoed similar sentiments.

Braithwaite stated in a media release that he prefers to focus on the development of the sport at the grass-roots community level, particularly in south Trinidad.

“I am not interested in being president of the football federation or holding any other executive positions at this time,” Braithwaite stated.

And Look Loy, also in an e-mail made it clear that he currently holds two positions in the TTFF — technical adviser and chairman of the technical committee.

“Technical development is where my interest lies. As TTFF president I would not be able to work in this area as directly as I have been over the past years,” Look Loy said.

“I have to concentrate on the development of my club FC Santa Rosa, which requires a tremendous investment of time and energy. This is one of my priorities. I am very much dedicated to the development of the local game and the governing body — the TTFF — but, I repeat, I am not interested in doing so as president of the organisation,” Look Loy stated.

Braithwaite, a former Trintoc, United Petrotrin and national football teams manager had his name thrown into the ring after word circulated that Camps was expected to be challenged for the top job.

Also mentioned as possible challengers were current TTFF vice presidents Rudolph Thomas and Raymond Tim Kee.

Attempts to reach Look Loy and Thomas proved futile but Tim Kee revealed he has never been asked to contest the presidency. “That is news to me. I have not been approached by anyone and I do not know anything about that,” he said.

Camps on the other hand told Newsday that he will not go up for elections if anyone else decides to contest the post of presidency. The successful candidate will have to win the support of the TTFF affiliates.

Among Braithwaite’s accomplishments is his effort to have Dwight Yorke return to the national team for the 2006 World Cup in Germany for which Trinidad and Tobago qualified under Dutch coach Leo Beenhakker. He also guided Trintoc to the national championship.

Braithwaite told Newsday he has been very concerned about the decline in sport in south Trinidad and that he is willing to help deal with the problems.

Braithwaite has also served on the FIFA Technical Committee. “One of the important things I learnt during my time of the FIFA technical committee, was the positive impact that football and sport in general can have on the youth.”

As such he is advising that there is need to establish a systematic youth development programme in south Trinidad, using sport as the main vehicle.

He described South as having a strong sporting tradition with a lot of talent in the various communities. “I intend to spend my time helping to develop this talent,” Braithwaite said.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trevor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 18, 2010, 05:30:31 AM »
I believe Richard Braithwaite will be an excellent choice.  He played a major role behind the scene in the early period of the campaign to Germany.  He, however, got frustrated along the way and decided to return to the private sector.  He is a sound person. 

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 18, 2010, 05:33:51 AM »
I believe Richard Braithwaite will be an excellent choice.  He played a major role behind the scene in the early period of the campaign to Germany.  He, however, got frustrated along the way and decided to return to the private sector.  He is a sound person. 

aaaarrrrmmmm Trevor, you read the article?? :-\   De man say he not interested......

On another but related note, who we go put??....*sigh*
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Trevor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 18, 2010, 07:51:10 AM »
Brownsugar,

People do change their minds.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 18, 2010, 07:59:18 AM »

Attempts to reach Look Loy and Thomas proved futile but Tim Kee revealed he has never been asked to contest the presidency. “That is news to me. I have not been approached by anyone and I do not know anything about that,” he said.

:devil: :devil: :devil: Oh yes !!!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 18, 2010, 08:42:14 AM »

Tell them Brownsugar,tell them,it have more hound on this forum than the TTFF,is we have the TTFF the way they are because all we do is talk.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 18, 2010, 08:49:27 AM »
      Tell them Brownsugar,tell them,it have more hound on this forum than the TTFF,is we have the TTFF the way they are because all we do is talk.

Yeah but Coop's what "we" could do?  We cyah vote... even if "we" get enough advance notice of when de election is. Dis ent government elections this is ah members only kinda thing. 

As for Braithwaite and he shit talk... it never fails to amaze me how short-sighted people tend to be in TnT.  All this talk about focusing on development of sport in "south" Trinidad.  Dem people realize how facking small Trinidad is? Perspective is a helluva thing yes, dem need to travel more to realize that east, west, north and south is just artificial barriers that we erect in we own mind, what benefitting one benefitting all, is not New York and California we dealing with.  If them had real distance and geographic obstacles to deal with what they go do, secede??

steups

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 18, 2010, 08:59:52 AM »
They should not limit this Job to "Football" People that is the problem. In trinidad there are not many football people who have experience running anything hence the poor management.

better to look for someone in the private sector from the insurance business or something who knows how to run a business.

widen the horizon and find some good condidates.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 18, 2010, 09:01:05 AM »
So...

He say he go give up if challenged.

He not getting challenged.

So he say..well......the job needs to be done...and......i willing to do it.

*facepalm*
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 18, 2010, 09:02:29 AM »

:devil: :devil: :devil: Oh yes !!!

JW make d call and say what happen all yuh MAD AH WHAT      

Offline trinipepper

• New Warrior
  • addin fire to the flame ...izatrini
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 18, 2010, 10:53:55 AM »
Braithwaite, Look Loy been with the TTFA reshuffle program... They know not to put their mouth there ....JW have them under whip....

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 18, 2010, 02:15:44 PM »
Brownsugar,

People do change their minds.

Well give him ah call & see if he would.....
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 02:18:42 PM by Brownsugar »
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

1]; } ?>