April 25, 2024, 07:06:29 PM

Poll

What do you folks predict for Oliver Camps & his future as TTFF President?

He will raise 2014 WC funds & carry on in the job for life as TTFF President
He will be found innocent at end of FIFA’s Cash For Votes Bribery investigations
He would be found guilty at end of FIFA’s Cash For Votes Bribery investigations & get a life ban
He will eventually be forced to resign due to the players’ court case against the TTFF
Just like Oliver himself, you have no idea :-)

Author Topic: Oliver Camps Thread  (Read 123528 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
TTFF Camps faces contempt of court.
« Reply #570 on: October 06, 2011, 04:41:02 AM »
TTFF Camps faces contempt of court.
By Stephon Nicholas (Newsday).

FORMER FIFA vice-president Jack Warner has been summoned to appear in court on Tuesday to give an accurate and detailed account of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) finances.

And in addition, TTFF president Oliver Camps is facing an application to be held in contempt of court for allegedly submitting false accounts to Justice Devindra Rampersad in the High Court.

Despite winning a drawn-out battle with the TTFF last year over payment of bonuses for the 2006 World Cup, the players are yet to receive their money due to disagreement with the audited TTFF books.

Speaking to Newsday yesterday, British attorney Mike Townley, representing 13 members of the 2006 “Soca Warriors” team, explained that there has been some difficulty in determining the revenue of the local football body which has delayed the disbursement of their money.

“What the players are trying to do is determine the income from the 2006 campaign, but they (TTFF) never wished to disclose it,” he said.

“We made an application last year for the courts to disclose the accounts. In advance of that hearing, the TTFF in December submitted their accounts audited by the internationally renowned KPMG.

“I went through the accounts and found it to be rubbish and completely inaccurate. It showed for the period 2005 to 2007 the amount to be $25 million and we knew there was more. We know the government invested $200 million so the books only showed a small portion,” Townley declared.

Following this, the judge ordered the TTFF to submit a specific audit which Camps did in June earlier this year. Townley argued, however, that this account was a mere rehash of the one which was rejected by the players in 2006.

The players then filed an application for Camps to be held in contempt of court and fined and or sent to prison for submitting a false account even though he had sworn to an affidavit.

In response to the application, however, Camps allegedly made a u-turn and told the court he was oblivious to the exact figures and his former Special Advisor Warner was in charge of these matters and is in possession of his organisation’s books.

“We then made an application for Warner to be made the third defendant after the TTFF and Camps and that he be ordered to deliver the account and an affidavit swearing it to be true,” Townley revealed.

The players have received an interim payment of $7.5 million but Townley believes the full figure to be significantly higher.

He says that although five years have passed since TT played in the World Cup in Germany and the wheels of justice appear to be moving slow, the players are persisting with the matter and will not stop pursuing it until they receive their due amount.

He concluded that the case could have other ramifications as not only their payments are concerned but taxpayers money as well.

“When we are searching for the accounts, we are only interested in the money due to the players but if we find tremendous lack of accountability...If that $200 million from the government doesn’t show up then that means the public scandal is two-fold,” he argued.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF Camps faces contempt of court.
« Reply #571 on: October 06, 2011, 04:56:48 AM »
 :o :o
Wow!!  The Newsday!!  I would have never thunk it.....although if I see it in the Guardian I'll collapse fer sher.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 06, 2011, 08:41:35 AM »
Lets hope the pressure on Warner keeps up. His constituents and the people of T&T need to know what he's been up too.!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 06, 2011, 08:52:20 AM »
:o :o
Wow!!  The Newsday!!  I would have never thunk it.....although if I see it in the Guardian I'll collapse fer sher.....

;D
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 06, 2011, 08:57:00 AM »
What page is that article on? I hope its on their front page!!!  :)

Everyone run and purchase a copy of Newsday today!

Maybe the other papers will see their shortcomings and try to make up for it their papers tomorrow!!  ;)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 08:59:31 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 06, 2011, 09:05:51 AM »

Maybe the other papers will see their shortcomings and try to make up for it their papers tomorrow!!  ;)

D back page which is d sport page headline.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 06, 2011, 09:25:55 AM »

But that is not sports news! That is general interest news!

Anyway at least one of the papers has enough principle and balls to report this important news!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 06, 2011, 09:34:51 AM »

Anyway at least one of the papers has enough principle and balls to report this important news!

This is the problem here. When James Saunders covered it on the news last Weds, it was halfway through the sport bulletin, after the cricket!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 06, 2011, 10:29:36 AM »

This is the problem here. When James Saunders covered it on the news last Weds, it was halfway through the sport bulletin, after the cricket!!

At least James carried it u heard it so others probably did.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 06, 2011, 11:39:16 AM »
Now that Jack is out of Fifa can the government now "interfere" with the TTFF to set it straight and get away with it? I would think that Fifa at this moment would turn a blind eye to a government trying to prosecute Jackie boy and his minions. We'll be getting rid of their gabbage basically. Ofcourse this would all be well and good if Jackie boy wasn't part of the government. :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 06, 2011, 11:46:02 AM »
This not about interference in FIFA.  This is the courts seeing to ensure that its orders are followed .  Bravo to the courts.  But Justice delayed is Justice denied.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 06, 2011, 12:01:37 PM »
I know it's not about interference but what I am saying is that now that Jack Warner is in the doghouse with Fifa, can the government now "interfere" with the TTFF and get away with it or do you think that FIFA would still take issue with it. 

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #582 on: October 06, 2011, 12:06:00 PM »
Uncle Ollie don't look now but tell your effin special advisor that you can see clearly now, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and you think it is a effin train. Please advise. :cursing: :frustrated: :banginghead:
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 06, 2011, 12:35:06 PM »
I know it's not about interference but what I am saying is that now that Jack Warner is in the doghouse with Fifa, can the government now "interfere" with the TTFF and get away with it or do you think that FIFA would still take issue with it. 

No, FIFA would suspend T&T.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 06, 2011, 01:25:43 PM »
WOW!! Best bad news I've ever read!!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: October 06, 2011, 01:56:28 PM »
FiFA would not have a problem! In fact it would add to their credibility and would welcome any action by the court for justice to be given! God does not sleep! It is always good to walk the straight and narrow path!And people still doing wrong! Anything you do to a brother you are doing it to yourself! Do good and good will come back to you tenfold!

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Camps resigns from TTFF
« Reply #586 on: October 27, 2011, 01:52:35 PM »
According to the Twittersphere

http://twitter.com/#!/lasanaliburd

terrenceKC Terrence Clarke
@
@lasanaliburd @ShakaHislop Just received an official release from the TTFF confirming Camps resignation. #Amen

truetrini

Re: Camps resigns from TTFF
« Reply #587 on: October 27, 2011, 01:57:29 PM »
hahahahahaha  Old man cyar take de pressure....T&T football faces uncertain times.  Let us hope things eventually get better.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 27, 2011, 01:59:29 PM »
time for a new election
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 27, 2011, 02:00:12 PM »
Amen
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 27, 2011, 02:03:18 PM »
Whhhhaaatttttt???!!!!!!
 :o :o :o 

Flex, ah know you is a fella does get all de news first and ting but ah sure you will forgive mih if ah want to wait and see this in black and white on the TTFF's stationery first before ah start to celebrate........ah sure you will understand.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 02:07:34 PM by Brownsugar »
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 27, 2011, 02:07:28 PM »
Camps tendered his resignation today just as we was facing further investigations from FIFA. I guess it is too much for the old man!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #592 on: October 27, 2011, 02:26:22 PM »
great news, time for the takeover  :beermug:

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 27, 2011, 02:27:51 PM »
Never thought I would see the day!!

Ring de bell dong dey!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Camps resigns as President of TTFF
« Reply #594 on: October 27, 2011, 02:59:21 PM »
TTFF

While I have been extremely satisfied and pleased to offer myself for service to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation, the current climate within FIFA has given me reason to rethink my position and thus give notice of my immediate resignation as the President of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation.

I have truly enjoyed working with the football fraternity and appreciated the opportunities which have been given to me through football, but when the price one has to pay includes the sullying of one’s name and the denigrating of one’s character without a justifiable reason, then I must confess that this is not the place that I would want to be.

It is certainly a sad day for me and this is far from what I had expected. The changing of the guards was never meant to engender the bitterness that I feel or the pain which has replaced the pleasure of service.

I will take with me though, the good memories of having led my country into the 2006 World Cup Finals in Germany. I will never forget the opportunities I have had as host of two FIFA World Cup Finals in 2001 and 2010. I will always remember that under my watch, Trinidad and Tobago qualified for four World Cup finals and if success as a leader has to be measured in football, it is against this background that I will be judged.

I served the game well, even as Manager of many national teams, so while I leave football disappointed I am also happy, because history will judge me as the most successful Football President of Trinidad and Tobago.

In no way am I disappointed that I was a part of the Caribbean Football Union meeting which met to determine the path to choose a leader for the FIFA. The current situation facing the CFU now has made it very clear to me that our choice in meeting to discuss whether President Sepp Blatter would be the preferred option was the right one.

History will not judge me for being a part of that meeting neither will it condemn me based on association.  Rather history will applaud all the football leaders of the Caribbean.

In conclusion, I want to thank Mr. Jack Warner for his support over the years. In him I see a true leader, a true champion, a Caribbean man, one who was prepared to do whatever was required to keep the Caribbean flag flying with dignity and pride. To the very end, my friend and I remain committed to his inspired leadership and loyal to friendship.

I thereby submit with immediate effect my resignation as President of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation.

Respectfully submitted

Yours sincerely,
TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO FOOTBALL FEDERATION

Oliver Camps
President
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 27, 2011, 03:09:24 PM »
I heading to de gym...but before I go.....

:wavetowel: :wavetowel: :party: :party: :flamethrower: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :party: :party:

I'll post more later but aaaaaaahhhh boy Camps, pressure does buss pipe!!
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 27, 2011, 03:09:40 PM »
 :o :o :o
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #597 on: October 27, 2011, 03:09:47 PM »
TTFF

While I have been extremely satisfied and pleased to offer myself for service to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation, the current climate within FIFA has given me reason to rethink my position and thus give notice of my immediate resignation as the President of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation.

I have truly enjoyed working with the football fraternity and appreciated the opportunities which have been given to me through football, but when the price one has to pay includes the sullying of one’s name and the denigrating of one’s character without a justifiable reason, then I must confess that this is not the place that I would want to be.

It is certainly a sad day for me and this is far from what I had expected. The changing of the guards was never meant to engender the bitterness that I feel or the pain which has replaced the pleasure of service.

I will take with me though, the good memories of having led my country into the 2006 World Cup Finals in Germany. I will never forget the opportunities I have had as host of two FIFA World Cup Finals in 2001 and 2010. I will always remember that under my watch, Trinidad and Tobago qualified for four World Cup finals and if success as a leader has to be measured in football, it is against this background that I will be judged.

I served the game well, even as Manager of many national teams, so while I leave football disappointed I am also happy, because history will judge me as the most successful Football President of Trinidad and Tobago.

In no way am I disappointed that I was a part of the Caribbean Football Union meeting which met to determine the path to choose a leader for the FIFA. The current situation facing the CFU now has made it very clear to me that our choice in meeting to discuss whether President Sepp Blatter would be the preferred option was the right one.

History will not judge me for being a part of that meeting neither will it condemn me based on association.  Rather history will applaud all the football leaders of the Caribbean.

In conclusion, I want to thank Mr. Jack Warner for his support over the years. In him I see a true leader, a true champion, a Caribbean man, one who was prepared to do whatever was required to keep the Caribbean flag flying with dignity and pride. To the very end, my friend and I remain committed to his inspired leadership and loyal to friendship.

I thereby submit with immediate effect my resignation as President of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation.

Respectfully submitted

Yours sincerely,
TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO FOOTBALL FEDERATION

Oliver Camps
President

bon voyage and good riddance

time for more capable people to assume power of our football and finally take it forward, figure heads don't work out in the long run when they have no business acumen

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 27, 2011, 03:12:14 PM »
goodbye and good riddance. i guess fifa was going to ketch him in a lie.

and have the gumption to big himself up. if carriacou has a $200,000,000 budget they woulda make 10 world cups.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #599 on: October 27, 2011, 03:13:33 PM »
Seems he didn't want to face his FIFA investigation anymore than Jack did. Now he can also be innocent without the chance to prove him guilty.

1]; } ?>