March 28, 2024, 03:41:59 PM

Author Topic: I depressed as Hell  (Read 5523 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
I depressed as Hell
« on: March 11, 2005, 07:55:09 AM »
I can't begin to imagine TT without Theobald in our next two qualifiers.

Now if Dwarika shows the old magic, Spann makesa comeback and the Boucad of last year is included, maybe I can handle it.

But we really NEED to be firing on all cylinders.

No Theobald in the next two games could really make or break our chances.

Can we really just ASSUME that Boucad, Dwarika and Spann will perform as we know they can.
I don't even want to call Rahim's name.

And looks like no Glenn either....oh boy.

How about this.

Joh an Jones up front.

Dwarika as the attacking mf
Yorke LF and Edwards rm

Tiger just behind Dwarika.

But can we really rely on Dwarika.
I wish Phillips or BSC would tell us why they have
frozen out Boucad. Being onthe bench is no damn reason.
Dwarika doh even have a damn club.

VB

VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I depressed as Hell
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 09:09:00 AM »
for the love of god, can we please schedule one more friendly???????
Hart for president

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 09:11:13 AM »
theobald hasn't been a regular starter in WCQ (bench against USA) so how all of a sudden you can't imagine T&T without him?  Not saying he hasn't been playing well but Theobald is by no means irreplaceable.

By the way I wonder what they will do with Rougier?  He had a terrible game against USA but was it just an off day or have his skills deteriorated this quickly.  I thought people on this board were raving about his performance on the Asian tour and other matches last year?

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 09:41:51 AM »

As for Rougier...you as good as your last match.
And it may not have been a fluke because I doh think he has been getting many games in the last year...it showed.

Theobald was part of the reason we had a decent last 20 mins in the WCQ.
I think Eve might have to be bumped up to a starter.  Hopefully Edwards back up to 90min fitness cuz is 2 back to back games we have.

And yea it worrying that no warm ups going on with the squad a little thin.
Rojas and all may not be 100%. 

jusme

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 09:50:26 AM »
I think the problem with Rougier is simply with the fact that we can't expect to play him and yorke together in midfield.  None ah dem could run anymore.  Nobody fault, but when we pick men, we have to have an idea of how well they complement each other in the roles they get pick for.

Our 2 center links were both a step slow, so we never get any constructive possession for the first 3/4 of the match.  maybe a run down to wing and hurry cross into the box where we have one striker with 3 men on him.   Meanwhile Rougier seeming invisible because the US knocking the ball all around us.

I think if we put Yorke in a midfield role, Tiger have to play behind him, he is the man who will run all day and cover the ground.  Tiger is not naturally a winger anyway, so put Cornel on the left.  He have the speed to cause trouble and we all know he is very sometimish as a finisher in the box anyway, so put 2 other people to strike (that's the one place we have lotsa options, I mean Glasgow might the 6th or 7th choice striker if you think bout it).

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 09:53:04 AM »
I my opinion jones would be better as a midfielder(defensive) not as a striker Theobald should be back for the usa game but remember we have nahkid vb lol
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005, 09:55:02 AM »
Triniman, nice avatar... yuh is a real snake in de grass  :D
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2005, 10:00:37 AM »
Well fellas that is a good question.  What to do with Rouge.  I think he still has a role to play, although not as a starter.  In those tough away games if we have a lead he is a good man to stick in the middle to keep it tight.  Personally I think the US game was an off game for him, but it was clear that his days as a starter are gone.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Roug and ...
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2005, 10:07:29 AM »
We have to recognize that Roug is about 35, so perhaps he's finished.
Only those watching him in training can tell.

With injuries to the forward line and mf, why not look at Nixon as an option.
He have skills and speed.

I need to see minimum two FAST men on the field at all times.

Nixon could come off the bench.  or he could start wide left.
Or even up front to compliment YOrke.

I give up on Glasgow,...skills for days,...but cyah pass and score rate low.

VB

jusme

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2005, 10:08:50 AM »
I agree that jones is probably naturally a better defensive mid than a striker, but do we want to play him in a completely different position to what he playing on a daily basis?  I mean, he done coming in only a few days before the match.

there are pros and cons

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2005, 10:19:41 AM »

ANybody know what formations them other teams play?

If Jones could shoot like they say he could maybe midfield might be a good place.
I still think Dwight should play striker but say what.  Jones probably more comfortable in mid than him anyway.

What is the latest with Sealey....training with his new squad I suppose but I didn't see no reports.

That Honduras game seem like years away.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2005, 11:19:28 AM »
dcs, I would like to see Dwight play up front too, but with Stern a sure starter we can't have two of them playing together.  No speed atall there.  A partner of mine who is on the team show me the form that Stern is Bertille son from long time and will never bench, but say what, the man has been scoring consistently at national level for years so I say leave him there.

Nixon I wondering about.  How is it that he not in the fold atall?  I was home for the St. Kitts game last October when we hit them 5 and the man look great off of the bench.  Then he got injured.  Then he disappear. 

Boy we really need them three points in Guatemala.  I hope we more organized than we looking right now.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Been out a while, Did i miss something??
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2005, 12:44:02 PM »
No Theobald??

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2005, 02:37:05 PM »
theobald hasn't been a regular starter in WCQ (bench against USA) so how all of a sudden you can't imagine T&T without him?  Not saying he hasn't been playing well but Theobald is by no means irreplaceable.

He has played in 6 of the 9 qualifiers so far and has earned 25 caps over the last year. He is not irreplaceable but he is definitely an asset.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2005, 06:11:20 AM »
A year ago I certainly wouldn't have classified him as "irreplacable," however, after the load we have constantly put down in the mf for the last year...unless somebody have crystal ball, I would really hate to do without him.

VB

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2005, 09:11:34 AM »
OK I agree with you we need midfielders bad.  Actually we really need all of our players fit because it's 2 big matches in 5 days we have to play.
By the way, since I've only seen him play a couple times, what is Theobald's best position in the midfield?  Assuming BSC stick with Yorke just behind the 2 strikers can Theo fill the more defensive role that Rougier was playing?  Can he play on the left side?  Would he be better than Yorke in that attacking midfield role?
I'm not a huge fan of the 3-5-2 but it seems to be a better fit with the players we have.  I would prefer to see Tiger in the defensive midfield role instead of the left wing and then we could play Yorke and Theobald ahead of him in the center mid.  Either Jones or Edwards as right wingback and Rojas at left wingback.  Dog, Sancho and Pierre in the defense.

Assuming everyone get fit my first 11:
-------------------Hislop-----------------
-----Pierre---Andrews--Sancho----
Jones----------Tiger------------Rojas
-------Theobald------Yorke----------
-------------Stern----Glen--------------

Subs:  Sealy for Glen, Eve for Tiger, Nakhid for Yorke

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2005, 09:30:10 AM »
Norville is back playing

WINTRY conditions had cast doubt on whether this fixture would even begin, such was the speed at which the sleet and snow blew across Vicarage Road in the hours before kick-off.

However, the swirling snow failed to settle on the playing surface and both teams took to the field with only a sprinkling of snow beneath their boots.

Terry Bullivant's side boasted all the first-team experience on show, with players such as Paul Mayo, Jack Smith, Lloyd Doyley and Ashley Young all having racked up significant match minutes in the Hornets first team.

Brynjar Gunnarsson also started in the centre of midfield as he continues to build match fitness, and Alec Chamberlain returned in goal.

However, it was the Foxes who broke through after only five minutes and scored through Louis Dodds, firing low to Chamberlain's left from the edge of the penalty area. The ball had rebounded back into the path of the striker after a clearance from the Watford defence deflected off a Leicester body.

The Hornets seemed dead and buried by the youthful resilience of the visiting Foxes until Ben Herd popped up in the right place at the right time on 88 minutes to smash a right-footed volley past Peter Akman from all of 25 yards.

Once play resumed after Dodds' opener, left-winger Adam Wykes got the next chance on goal, making himself available for Dodds to find inside the area. His sliced shot was just wide of Chamberlain's top corner.

On the quarter-hour Anthony McNamee's floated cross over the six-yard box was begging to be struck on the volley by Omari Coleman, but on his unfavoured right foot the striker opted to take the ball down and found Toumani Diagouraga, whose cross-shot cleared the Leicester goal and behind for a goal kick.

The game wasn't much of a spectacle over the next 15 minutes, with neither side making consistent inroads into their opposition penalty area. The best chance to level for the Hornets came from a McNamee free-kick on 28 minutes, which bounced in the area after several players missed the header. It needed the slightest touch to divert past Foxes stopper Conrad Logan but one was not forthcoming, the ball spinning behind into the Vicarage Road end.

Watford survived a penalty appeal four minutes later when Chris O'Grady burst past Jack Smith, forcing Chamberlain to go to ground at the feet of the City striker. O'Grady appeared to have pushed the ball past Chamberlain inside the area before he was brought down by the veteran - referee Miller looked to his linesman who did not flag and Watford resumed play with a goal kick.

Another good chance to level fell to Diafutua from Young's right-sided corner on 35 minutes. The French striker was forced to head the ball back whilst going away from goal and turned it over the bar from close range.

Leicester centre-back Alan Sheehan tried an audacious 35-yard volley as the half wound down. The ball sat up perfectly for the defender to strike, executing a superb volley only to see his shot whistle just wide of Chamberlain's left post.

The Hornets made a half-time substitution, with Ryan Gilligan coming on to replace Young on the right flank.

Ten minutes in Dodds again showed his ability when right-back Liam Norvall found him at the top of the penalty area - a neat turn later and the forward's shot through the legs of Doyley had Chamberlain scrambling across his goal, the ball going just wide.

Dodds was behind a fierce strike from another smart turn a few minutes later, this time freeing himself from the attentions of Smith before firing into the chest of Chamberlain from 15 yards.

Jason Norville, on as a 62nd minute sub, almost had an instant impact when he found the ball at his feet and a clear run at goal - Foxes custodian Logan did well to smother the ball at the feet of the advancing Trinidadian forward.

The Hornets then spurned two cast-iron chances to equalise. First Paul Mayo found himself in acres of space to the left of the six-yard box from Smith's lofted ball but the defender's attempted piledriver into the bottom corner was hit squarely across the box. Norville picked up on the ball, and on his right foot, placed a low shot inside the near post to which Logan got down quickly to turn behind.

Chamberlain's positioning had to be spot on at the edge of his area with six minutes remaining, snatching the ball away from sub Ashley Chambers as the diminutive forward bore down on goal.

With only two minutes left an equaliser came from an unlikely source - right-back Ben Herd. The young defender found himself in the right place to latch onto a half-cleared ball from the City defence and unleashed a thunderbolt of a volley from fully 25 yards. The sheer force of the effort took it through a ruck of bodies and left sub keeper Akman with absolutely no chance as the ball rocketed past him into the net.

McNamee tried to seal the win with another long-range effort, this time a curling strike on the run which had Akman worried until it cleared the crossbar by inches.

Watford: Chamberlain, Herd, Mayo, Gunnarsson (Ferrell 62), Doyley, Smith, Young (Gilligan HT), Coleman, Diafutua (Norville 62), Diagouraga, McNamee. Subs: Osborne, Grant.

Leicester: Logan (Akman 78), Norvall, Franklin, Dawson, Lycett, Sheehan, Porter, Wesolowski, O'Grady, Dodds, Wykes (Chambers 83). Subs: Goodwin, McKay, Payne.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>