March 18, 2024, 11:05:25 PM

Author Topic: TTFA vows to pay Hart and Walkes but not remaining coaches  (Read 16025 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFA vows to pay Hart and Walkes but not remaining coaches
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2016, 03:58:39 PM »
Deeks, go and f00cking sleep nah.

$14,074.83 USD a MONTH could do a lot of things for T&T football than coaching in the country side once every 6 months.

Sam,
             go fly a kite, nah! He not only coaching in the country side. He also teach courses for the coaching license. Where I was home for Carnival, he was making arrangements to have courses in Tobago. I friggin telling you, Toombs is committed to this job. Not only his reputation at stake here, Breds. He want to see TT football direction change after 30 years of Jack. He has worked in the US system and can give a whole lot to our football.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 04:10:01 PM by Deeks »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2016, 04:08:08 PM »
Deeks, go and f00cking sleep nah.

$14,074.83 USD a MONTH could do a lot of things for T&T football than coaching in the country side once every 6 months.

Sam,
             go fly a kite, nah!

I does to that at least twice a week.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2016, 10:54:26 PM »
look something in de mortar other dan de pestle .....When Walkes was hired was his position ever vetted? while it was Tim Kee who signed off on it you have to wonder whether or not it was a choice that was foisted on him by de cabal...... I didn't hear of anyone asking what he hoped to achieve over the next 3 years. What were his plans? what has he initiated so far?
Now in terms of capability he is more than competent enough to handle the technical aspect of his job but there is more than that to holding that position as it entails having a personality that is easily malleable.
Also it easy t say the man pick up wife and pickney anyone ever check to see how old his kids are and where they're at...you know what I'm sayin...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 10:56:15 PM by MEP »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2016, 01:09:22 AM »
look something in de mortar other dan de pestle .....When Walkes was hired was his position ever vetted? while it was Tim Kee who signed off on it you have to wonder whether or not it was a choice that was foisted on him by de cabal...... I didn't hear of anyone asking what he hoped to achieve over the next 3 years. What were his plans? what has he initiated so far?
Now in terms of capability he is more than competent enough to handle the technical aspect of his job but there is more than that to holding that position as it entails having a personality that is easily malleable.
Also it easy t say the man pick up wife and pickney anyone ever check to see how old his kids are and where they're at...you know what I'm sayin...

As far as I know Kendal position got the approval from FIFA. That I know for sure. As matter of fact, FIFA is requiring every member nation have a TD. But check me on that. I knew he was on local TV explaining what the TTFA wanted to achieve. He has a son,16,who is currently in high school in TT. He has adjusted to the culture and environment pretty nicely.  He is a good and mature kid.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 06:16:15 AM by Deeks »

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2016, 02:20:11 AM »
I hope things work out for him, but I have to tell you - unless he was living under a rock, there is no way he could not have known the issues regarding the TTFA and its well documented inability to pay key personnel...to uproot your family under such circumstances knowing that Tim Key could potentially loose an election is a brave decision on his part.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2016, 06:23:23 AM »
Amwood, Kendal knew the situation. But the desire to work in TT doing what he loves was very hard to by pass. He saw it as the best moment to make the transition despite the known risk. There is a certain amount of "stubbornness" in Kendal. And "stubborn" people take risk. Unfortunately, there are consequences. This time it is not pleasant.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2016, 06:51:21 AM »
I hope things work out for him, but I have to tell you - unless he was living under a rock, there is no way he could not have known the issues regarding the TTFA and its well documented inability to pay key personnel...to uproot your family under such circumstances knowing that Tim Key could potentially loose an election is a brave decision on his part.

Boss reply.

Deeks and them still living under a rock. Any and everybody knew about the TTFA now and then.

Anthony Sherwood do more for kids than Walkes was doing as a TD for an entire country.

De only clinic Walkes probably do was in Port of Spain General Hospital.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2016, 08:15:40 AM »

Boss reply.

Deeks and them still living under a rock. Any and everybody knew about the TTFA now and then.

Anthony Sherwood do more for kids than Walkes was doing as a TD for an entire country.

De only clinic Walkes probably do was in Port of Spain General Hospital.

I know amwood is doing a fantastic job in his area. I hope that one day he will coach TT. But amwood is his own boss. He don't have to deal with the likes of RTK and DJW. And just remember what amwood said in an article about Papi Emmanuel. If things dont change in TT, he is going back to the states.

Breds, go fly some more kites.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 08:23:15 AM by Deeks »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2016, 08:13:50 AM »
Walkes was not getting paid $93,000 TTD per month. His salary was $60,000 TTD per month which the TTFA split with SPORTT 55%/45%. However, SPORTT never paid their 55% and when the old TTFA was still in power, they paid the full 100% of his salary with the understanding that SPORTT will take up his salary when their funding arrived.

Looks as though it never did.

Walkes was getting less that Anton Corneal and LP.

This is a FYI...

Heard from a very good source that the actual figure was $93,000 TTD per month and not $60,000 as previous stated.

Either way, one day the truth will come out and the ones that is lying will get blast.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2016, 03:12:20 PM »
Walkes was making $10,000 USD per-month, but when you include housing and transportation costs thats where the 93,000 comes in.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 03:40:06 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2016, 02:09:41 PM »
Walkes was making $10,000 USD per-month, but when you include housing and transportation costs thats where the 93,000 comes in.

I am wondering if DJW even took the time to assess, review, ask for a report of the work that Walkes has done since he got to Trinidad. It baffles me (hum not really) how they put the Assistant TD in the newly formed "Technical Committee" but yet release the TD from his position. It's very difficult for me to imagine that Walkes has been there for a year and DJW and his cronies don't know what he has been doing in the grassroots football arena. Japan and China using an American to develop their program at the grassroots level and we disrespecting our own! What a shame!!! and they expect people to seriously support T&T football? I hope that Hart is actively looking for another job, because they will soon disrespect him too!
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2016, 03:57:43 AM »

I am wondering if DJW even took the time to assess, review, ask for a report of the work that Walkes has done since he got to Trinidad. It baffles me (hum not really) how they put the Assistant TD in the newly formed "Technical Committee" but yet release the TD from his position. It's very difficult for me to imagine that Walkes has been there for a year and DJW and his cronies don't know what he has been doing in the grassroots football arena. Japan and China using an American to develop their program at the grassroots level and we disrespecting our own! What a shame!!! and they expect people to seriously support T&T football? I hope that Hart is actively looking for another job, because they will soon disrespect him too!

I go really love to see what he did since he came to T&T, apart from a clinic in Mayaro.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
DJW is autocratic, vindictive and narcissistic: Walkes blasts TTFA president
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

Sacked Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) technical director Kendall Walkes has blasted football president David John-Williams for his supposed autocratic, vindictive and narcissistic style, as he opened up about the last four months at his post.

Walkes, a former Trinidad and Tobago national midfielder and US Virgin Islands technical director, accepted a three year contract from the TTFA in March 2015 and returned home a month later. Raymond Tim Kee was TTFA president then while Sheldon Phillips was general secretary.

Walkes, who spent 23 seasons as head coach of the West Chester University men’s football team in the United States, went unpaid for two of his nine months under Tim Kee. But, he claimed, that was nothing compared to the treatment he received under John-Williams.

“Without any provocation, he just decided to take this stance against me, almost from day one,” Walkes told Wired868. “I would talk to my wife after (our) meetings and she is aware of the ridicule and cynicism I have had to deal with, as he tries to feed his narcissistic needs and ego.

“He even ridiculed my decision to come here. He has brought the entire situation into something personal.

“I can’t tell you how vindictive his actions were in a lot of instances.”

Walkes, who has a USSF A licence, NSCAA advanced national diploma, England FA preliminary and FIFA youth academy certification, said he has not been paid once by John-Williams who has refused to acknowledge his contract.

The TTFA president declined comment on the issue.

“I have no comment to make on that,” John-Williams told Wired868, “because the matter is being addressed by both party’s attorneys.”

In his termination letter, John-Williams stated that the TTFA would “honour any arrears accrued under that arrangement and are prepared to meet with you to settle any outstanding salary due to you.”

However, Walkes alleged that the TTFA president offered him a cheque with less than his monthly salary as an “unprejudiced pay off.” He has refused to touch it on legal advice.

“He put a clause with the voucher attached to the cheque saying it was an unprejudiced pay off,” said Walkes. “But I was advised that it could mean he didn’t have to pay me any more money.

“He promised to pay me for all debts accrued. But instead he is trying to starve me out.”

Ironically, Walkes accepted the TTFA job after former technical director, Anton Corneal, quit in acrimonious circumstances.

After two years, Corneal claimed he did not receive a dollar from the duo of Tim Kee and Phillips.

“I have gotten eight half salaries from the government in two and a half years,” Corneal told Wired868, on 2 April 2014. “But at least I am getting something. I have not been paid by one dollar by the TTFA and I think that is not just disrespectful; it is gravely disrespectful.

“They didn’t even say ‘instead of 10 dollars, take three dollars’. I have bills and a family like everybody else. I did it for as long as I could…

“They cannot honour my contract financially and I couldn’t do it anymore.”

A year later, Walkes succeeded him. He admitted to being nervous about being paid but said he received assurances.

“(The certainty about being paid at the end of the month) was always my first concern,” said Walkes. “I have been asked to come back to Trinidad and give back since the Jack Warner era in the 1990s and I have always declined respectfully.

“I have always watched coaches come from foreign countries for big contracts and, within a few months, you are fighting to be paid or have to take them to court. So you get a big contract and two months later you are fighting to get a dime.

“So, I have always said I would not to work under that kind of administration.”

Despite Corneal’s obvious issues, Walkes—who has a Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education and Public Health from Davis & Elkins College and a Master’s in Exercise Physiology from West Chester—thought it would be different under Tim Kee and Phillips, who he met at a convention in the United States before either had ascended to the top TTFA posts.

“Two things convinced me to come,” said Walkes. “One, I was working under a different administration… And then it was the Sports Company. I emailed a SPORTT official and said a little birdie told me the Sports Company will pick up part of my salary and he confirmed it.

“And when I calculated I said even if the TTFA didn’t pay me, I would be okay. But then when I came (to Trinidad) he said they give money to the TTFA and they did with it as they chose.

“And the TTFA said there was nothing stipulating that money was to be used to pay the technical director.”

By May, Walkes was already in trouble, as he worked for roughly two months without a pay cheque. But things quickly improved—probably helped by a CONCACAF 2015 Gold Cup quarterfinal final finish by the “Soca Warriors” in July—although the TTFA only honoured its agreement to pay for his housing and vehicle for two months.

On 29 November 2015, the local football community voted for change, as John-Williams was elected to office on the back of a manifesto entitled “Imperatives for Change.”

John-Williams’ manifesto promised that his board of directors—rather than he and his vice-presidents—would be the policy makers, there would be an immediate appointment of the necessary sub-committees, the general secretary would run the administration and operation of the football body and there would be greater transparency all round.

However, Walkes described the new football president as autocratic and claimed that interim general secretary Azaad Khan was rarely present at their meetings, although Khan, in theory, is in charge of the football body’s operations.

John-Williams suggested that he met certain contracts in place that, arguably, seemed to reflect an autocratic style.

“If Kendall Walkes has made that statement, it is up to you to believe him,” said John-Williams. “I would not even make a comment on that. The only comment I will make on that is if the head coach’s contract calls for him to report directly with the president and I meet that (stipulation).

“So I have no other comment.”

The TTFA president also responded in an obscure manner to Walkes’ claim that the general secretary was rarely included in important meetings.

“Ask him when he has met with the president whether the general secretary was always present,” said John-Williams. “I want you to ask him that.”

But Walkes was adamant that John-Williams regularly conducts meetings on the running of the local body without even the token presence of his general secretary.

“At the first meeting, the president was there with (vice-presidents) Joanne Salazar and Ewing Davis,” said Walkes. “The next three meetings were with DJW alone. Then maybe a couple more with Joanne present.

“Then the meeting with the legal representatives for both me and the FA. This is the only meeting in which Mr Khan was present. I am 99.9 percent certain.”

John-Williams and Walkes did not meet in 2015, as the latter was whisked off to Brazil with the Trinidad and Tobago Women’s National Senior Team for an international tournament in Natal, which ran from December 9 to 20, 2015.

Walkes then spent Christmas with his family in Philadelphia before returning to Trinidad on December 31, before the TTFA office re-opened on January 4.

The technical director was surprised and a bit put off when he was told that John-Williams refused to sign his cheque for the month of December.

“When DJW came into office, the staff drew up my salary cheque for December,” said Walkes, “and I was told that his reaction was: ‘Oh guud! Is all that money that man come down here and making?! I not honouring that you know’.

“And he never did. I just thought that was so unprofessional from him.”

Walkes’ jaw really hit the floor in his first meeting with the TTFA president, as the technical director was abused of abandoning his job.

“Sharon O’Brien who was the manager on the (national women’s team) tour,” said Walkes. “I said I was never here for the end of the year before and I asked her when did the office close. She said the office closes on the 21st or the 22nd. Because she said two dates, I called the office to be sure and they told me it closed on the 22nd and reopened on the 4th.

“I said okay and I actually came back on the 31st (of December).”

John-Williams was inconsolable.

“From that first meeting, he came in with this mindset,” said Walkes. “He went on about how many days in industrial law that I can be ruled to have abandoned the job if I don’t show up. I had followed proper procedure and he was telling me I abandoned my job.

“And saying: ‘Imagine we had a national team in training and my technical director is not here.’ But the National Senior Team is the one team that I was not responsible for as technical director.

“Then he started making really sarcastic comments about my contract and saying things like: ‘You come on a contract like this? You bring your family on a contact like this? You see all the mistakes in this?

“It was ridicule. It was almost as if he wanted me to walk out.”

For the next two months, Walkes said the TTFA president made a point of ignoring him.

“There was one situation where he spoke to the National Under-17 team for the first time and I stood there,” said Walkes. “And he introduced Muhammad Isa and Stuart Charles as technical committee members who will be there from time to time.

“And then he named other members who the kids knew nothing of like Dexter Skeene and Dr Alvin Henderson. And he refused to name me or acknowledge me who was standing right there.”

Walkes, who lives in Trinidad with his wife Sylvia and son Kendall Junior, said he tried to keep his work problems hidden from his family for as long as he could. But a confrontation was inevitable.

“He never said anything to me,” said the technical director. “He didn’t even say when they got money they would pay me.

“So I asked him: ‘Do I have a job here?’ He said: ‘I don’t know, it depends on (your contract). I asked him: ‘Are you going to pay me?’ He said: ‘I don’t know, it depends on this.

“The old regime was always promising to pay for stuff and it was just cash strapped. The difference is David promised not to pay. I had the same deal as Stephen (Hart) and what I got everywhere I stayed as TD, which was housing and car.”

In the end, it was John-Williams who announced their parting of ways. The TTFA president claimed that Walkes’ contract was invalid and bizarrely said the former president, Tim Kee, “does not recall the document ever being formally executed”—although he received a technical director’s salary for seven months plus had a car and apartment paid by the former administration.

John-Williams claimed his stance was supported and actively encouraged by FIFA.

“We have now also been notified by the acting Secretary General of FIFA that this alleged arrangement under which you were employed by the previous administration of the TTFA does not meet with the standards and requirements of FIFA for the appointment of a Director of Football of its member associations,” stated John-Williams. “Please note that the copy of the purported contract of employment you provided to us was also reviewed by FIFA and they have rejected it as containing errors, misleading information, and also missing information.

“As a consequence of their findings the TTFA have now been mandated by FIFA to ‘redo and review the aforementioned contract’…

“In light of the findings of FIFA and in the absence of a properly executed and valid contract of employment, we are forced to consider your engagement with the TTFA as a month to month rolling contract.

“In those circumstances we hereby formally give you one month’s notice of termination of your employment with the TTFA.”

Walkes accused John-Williams of misrepresenting FIFA and the former local football administration and said he took his contract to several lawyers who confirmed that it was valid.

“John-Williams said I didn’t have a contract,” he said. “FIFA didn’t say that. FIFA says it doesn’t meddle with the internal business of member associations. That says they could not have annulled it.

“If I don’t have a contract, he can pay me and I will be on my way. But I do have a contract. And then he is saying that he didn’t recognise my contract and it was never executed but then is asking me back for my vehicle.”

The FIFA press office, under new management since the election of president Gianni Infantino, was unusually curt.

“We are in contact with (the) TTFA in order to ensure compliance with the FIFA Development Regulations,” said a spokesman from the FIFA Media Office. “We have no further comment at this stage.”

Phillips, who is also pursuing legal action against Tim Kee, declined comment while Tim Kee could not be reached.

Their unwillingness to get involved has left Walkes isolated, without a source of income and facing a lengthy legal battle.

“I don’t know what I ever did the man,” said Walkes. “He came in with an agenda. I can respect that, I understand that. But you don’t discredit me and, worse, not want to pay me.

“I think I should be paid for the life of my contract because it is a breach of contract. But at least the work I did I should be paid for…

“He hasn’t made a single offer to me. All he has done is stopped me from making a living.”

Walkes thought he was joining a football association that was moving in the right direction after Warner’s disgraceful exit.

“The motivation for me is you are talking about a country that has been to a World Cup final and it is your own country,” he said. “And you get the chance to shape the curriculum for youth football, which is the future of the game, as well as run coaching education courses…

“I wanted to help lay a foundation in Trinidad and see the fruits of my contribution. Potentially it should have been great.

“You are doing it for Trinidad and Tobago. What could be better than that?”

And, despite a shaky start, he felt he was off to a good start.

From Monday to Friday, Walkes, with Isa in tow, would hold grassroots clinics in each of Trinidad’s five zones—he claimed issues over training locations and training times scuppered their attempts to start in Tobago—while, on the weekends, they did zonal and national coaching certifications.

“Before, there were grassroots festivals and you might have two in an entire year,” he said. “But we had a continuous programme with courses for every week and every day… We certified about 130 coaches at both levels combined.

“The zonal level means you can coach grassroots (football) up to under-15 and the national level means you can coach up to under-20.”

His work ground to an almost immediate stop upon John-Williams’ appointment.

“When he came in, everything shut down immediately,” said Walkes. “He didn’t just stop paying me but he also cut off every income stream that was available to me. And, to this day, everything is frozen.”

Walkes deduced that his former assistant, Isa, had the ear of the new president and he was annoyed that the veteran coach and Club Sando technical director did not stand up for him.

His annoyance grew considerably when he realised that Isa was earmarked to replace him. He insisted that his potential successor was unqualified and had built up a portfolio for himself by taking jobs for free or ones that nobody wanted.

“(On April 27) in a board meeting, they gave Isa a one year contract and he accepted,” said Walkes. “And that it itself is an indictment of his understanding of the job of technical director. If you want to transition a country’s football, you are not going to accept a one year deal when you have to implement the five pillars like grassroots, coach certification, coach education and so on.

“When he takes a one-year contract, it shows he doesn’t understand the perimeters and depth of the job and what he is getting into. He is happy to get a title I guess.

“I find it insulting, to be honest, to the office of a technical director and me personally that they would give him my job.”

Again, the TTFA president declined comment on whether Isa was his new technical director and if he was suitably qualified for the post.

“The board is going to make an announcement in the next 24 to 48 hours,” said John-Williams. “We will make our announcements in due course.”

Walkes has accepted that his time with Trinidad and Tobago football has come to an end. But he said he refuses to be bullied by John-Williams.

“If that is the way they want to do it then fine, pay me,” Walkes told Wired868. “Don’t think I will walk away for free. We can agree to disagree, once he pays me and I walk my merry way.”

Walkes is the first high profile sacking under the current administration—former “Women Soca Warriors” coach Randy Waldrum did not have a contract and was merely released.

The TTFA, which is still in debt to Corneal, can feasibly end up paying the salaries of three technical directors at the same time, if Walkes is proven right.

(TTFA’s termination letter)

18 March  2016

Mr Kendall Walkes Present

Re: Your Employment status

I refer to the matter at caption and to the ongoing discussions between yourself and the TTFA.

After considerable deliberation we have come to the conclusion that the TTFA has no alternative but to terminate your employment with them.

I ask that you note that we did make every effort to locate an original contract of employment between yourself and the TTFA, but notwithstanding extensive searches we were unable to locate this document – you also confirmed at our meeting on the 1st March 2016 that you did not have an original duplicate of your contract and would be relying on the photocopied document hereto attached.

It is our considered view that this document is not only incomplete, but has also not been properly executed.

We have been guided by the former President of the TTFA that he does not recall the document ever being formally executed.

In our attempt to clarify this matter, and move forward we sought advice from FIFA. We have now also been notified by the Acting Secretary General of FIFA that this alleged arrangement under which you were employed by the previous administration of the TTFA does not meet with the standards and requirements of FIFA for the appointment of a Director of Football of its member associations.

Please note that the copy of the purported contract of employment you provided to us was also reviewed by FIFA and they have rejected it as containing errors, misleading information, and also missing information.

As a consequence of their findings the TTFA have now been mandated by FIFA to ‘redo and review the aforementioned contract’.

You will no doubt be aware that the secure tenure of this position is critical to the continued relationship between the TTFA and FIFA.

In light of the findings of FIFA and in the absence of a properly executed and valid contract of employment, we are forced to consider your engagement with the TTFA as a month to month rolling contract.

In those circumstances we hereby formally give you one month’s notice of termination of your employment with the TTFA.

Without prejudice to our position re the invalidity of this alleged contract we are however prepared to honour any arrears accrued under that arrangement and are prepared to meet with you to settle any outstanding salary due to you.

Please note that we will re advertise the position and you are invited to resubmit your application for our consideration.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 04:02:03 AM by Flex »

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lawyers, settlement and no money in TTFA future. TTFA will get money from FIFA, from friendly matches, from WC qualification for Russia but most will go to pay former Technical Directors, Coaches, General Secretary salaries and legal costs. This will again leave our football development underfunded and stagnant.

JW(Jack Warner) and JW(John Williams) so far the same with respect to administration and governance

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2016, 08:34:14 AM »

DJW is autocratic, vindictive and narcissistic: Walkes blasts TTFA president
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

Walkes then spent Christmas with his family in Philadelphia before returning to Trinidad on December 31, before the TTFA office re-opened on January 4.

The technical director was surprised and a bit put off when he was told that John-Williams refused to sign his cheque for the month of December.

When DJW came into office, the staff drew up my salary cheque for December,” said Walkes, “and I was told that his reaction was: ‘Oh guud! Is all that money that man come down here and making?! I not honouring that you know’.

“The old regime was always promising to pay for stuff and it was just cash strapped. The difference is David promised not to pay. I had the same deal as Stephen (Hart) and what I got everywhere I stayed as TD, which was housing and car.”

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:DJW is something else
“The old regime was always promising to pay for stuff and it was just cash strapped. The difference is David promised not to pay.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2017, 05:46:40 PM »
Like I've been warning everyone from the get go..

Mostly everything I have said has come to pass..

Get rid of him in her next election or I hope we can go to a no confidence vote sooner to remove him.. I need to review the constitution

I said this the day he threw his hat in the ring. Not one person on this site concurred with me. The Press acted as if they were mentally challenged on this matter. Sancho shouldn't have been MOS. Warner and his children shouldn't have been allowed to compromise themselves for years and like a real banana republic we take a Club owner and make him TTFA Presdient.

VB

well we look for it eh??

And when the white man bawl Third World we does wonder why?
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFA to pay former technical director, Kendall Walkes
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2019, 03:40:59 PM »
TTFA to pay former technical director, Kendall Walkes
By Jada Loutoo (T&T Newsday)

AN already debt-saddled T&T Football Association will now have to find an additional US$783,000 to pay to its former technical director Kendall Walkes who was fired from his post after less than one year on the job.

Walkes was fired from the post in 2015, and sued the TTFA for breach of contract. He was offered the position during a meeting with the association former president Raymond Tim Kee and two other executives and had been recommended by a colleague from the State Association for Youth Soccer in Pennsylvania, where he is based, for it because of his experience and his Trinidadian heritage. At the time, he was coaching in the US Virgin Islands.

In its defence, the TTFA claimed it broke the contract with the technical director after Fifa officials wrote to it and raised issues over Walkes’ compensation package in light of the association’s financial constraints.

It also alleged the contract was not valid.

In a ruling delivered at the Hall of Justice on Friday, Justice Joan Charles said she had no problems finding that a valid contract existed between Walkes and the TTFA.

The judge said the TTFA had set the terms of the contract and Walkes complied.

"There was clearly an intention to create legal relations," Charles held.

She added, “"I found it surprising that the defendant would have disputed the validity of the contract.” She also ruled that there was no merit to the grounds of challenge raised by the TTFA that there were flaws in the contract which FIFA raised and that the contract was only witnessed by one person as opposed to two as required.

In her decision, Charles held that Walkes was entitled to US$65,000 for several months of the contract, from March 2015, when it was signed, to April 2016.

She also said he was owed US$250,000 for April 2016 to March 2018, when the contract would have ended and that he had the option to extend the contract for another three-year term so he was entitled to compensation for it.

His compensation package was US$10,000 a month and a US$3,000 housing allowance.

Walkes was represented by attorney Keston McQuilkin while Anand Misir represented the TTFA.

RELATED NEWS

Judge orders TTFA to pay Walkes TT$5.4M.
By Derek Achong (Guardian).

The T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion (TTFA) has been or­dered to pay over US$783,000 (es­ti­mat­ed TT$5.4 mil­lion) in com­pen­sa­tion to its for­mer tech­ni­cal di­rec­tor Kendal Walkes.

De­liv­er­ing an oral judge­ment at the Hall of Jus­tice in Port-of-Spain, on Fri­day, High Court Judge Joan Charles ruled that the TTFA wrong­ful­ly dis­missed Walkes in March 2016.

Charles re­ject­ed claims from the TTFA that Walkes con­tract should be deemed void be­cause it was signed by one wit­ness as op­posed to two and it con­tained in­com­plete para­graphs.

"I had no prob­lems in find­ing that a valid con­tract ex­ist­ed," Charles said.

She stat­ed that it was val­i­dat­ed by both for­mer TTFA pres­i­dent Ray­mond Tim Kee and gen­er­al sec­re­tary Shel­don Phillips, who tes­ti­fied on Walkes' be­half, and through ev­i­dence over the par­ties con­duct af­ter it was signed.

"I found it sur­pris­ing that the de­fen­dant would have dis­put­ed the va­lid­i­ty of the con­tract," Charles said.

In her judge­ment, Charles ruled that Walkes, who earned a month­ly salary of US$10,000 and a US$3,000 hous­ing al­lowance, was en­ti­tled to com­pen­sa­tion for the two re­main­ing years on his con­tract as well as for sev­er­al months when he did not re­ceive a salary be­fore his con­tract was even­tu­al­ly ter­mi­nat­ed.

Charles al­so up­held a clause of his con­tract, which gave him the op­tion to re­new it for an­oth­er three-year term. The de­ci­sion meant that he al­so has to be com­pen­sat­ed for that pe­ri­od.

As part of her judge­ment, Charles or­dered the TTFA to pay Walkes' le­gal costs for pur­su­ing the law­suit and two and a half per cent in­ter­est on the com­pen­sa­tion.

Tes­ti­fy­ing in a tri­al be­fore Charles in May, Walkes, a youth coach from Penn­syl­va­nia, USA pro­vid­ed de­tails over how he got the job in 2015.

Ac­cord­ing to Walkes, he was coach­ing in the Unit­ed States Vir­gin Is­lands, when a col­league from the State As­so­ci­a­tion for Youth Soc­cer in Penn­syl­va­nia rec­om­mend­ed him for the job based on his ex­pe­ri­ence and his Trinida­di­an her­itage.

Walkes claimed that he had a tele­phone in­ter­view be­fore be­ing in­vit­ed for an­oth­er while he was in Trinidad to at­tend his sib­ling's fu­ner­al in Feb­ru­ary 2015.

He claimed that he was of­fi­cial­ly of­fered the po­si­tion dur­ing the meet­ing with Tim Kee, Phillips and na­tion­al team man­ag­er William Wal­lace.

Walkes claimed that de­spite ho­n­our­ing the re­quire­ments of his con­tract, he was ter­mi­nat­ed af­ter cur­rent TTFA pres­i­dent David John-Williams took up his post.

In it de­fence, the TTFA al­leged that it broke the con­tract af­ter Fi­fa of­fi­cials wrote to it and raised is­sues over his re­port­ed TT$93,000 a month com­pen­sa­tion pack­age, in light of the as­so­ci­a­tion's well known fi­nan­cial con­straints.

Walkes, who re­turned to the Unit­ed States af­ter he was fired, was not in court for the judge­ment and was rep­re­sent­ed by his lawyer Ke­ston Mc Quilkin.

The TTFA was rep­re­sent­ed by Anand Mis­sir.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 12:12:35 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFA absent from Court garnishee hearing
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2020, 03:19:19 PM »
TTFA absent from Court garnishee hearing
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

The High Court is set to rule on a gar­nishee or­der against the T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion (TTFA) on Mon­day at the Hall of Jus­tice, Port-of-Spain.

This af­ter Tues­day's hear­ing had to be ad­journed be­cause of a no-show by the le­gal rep­re­sen­ta­tive of the em­bat­tled foot­ball as­so­ci­a­tion.

Guardian Me­dia Sports learnt there was al­so no TTFA of­fi­cial at the hear­ing.

Yes­ter­day, pres­i­dent of the foot­ball as­so­ci­a­tion William Wal­lace said his At­tor­ney's non-ap­pear­ance was due to no com­mu­ni­ca­tion reach­ing him for Tues­day's hear­ing.

Gen­er­al Sec­re­tary Ramesh Ramd­han said: "Ravi Ra­jku­mar in­di­cat­ed to me that he was not in­formed of this mat­ter yes­ter­day (Tues­day) and he will go to the courts to­day (yes­ter­day) to see what would have hap­pened with re­gards to com­mu­ni­ca­tions for the mat­ter, but his of­fice re­ceived no com­mu­ni­ca­tion. We (TTFA) were not re­quired to be there be­cause this was a mat­ter where we had to be rep­re­sent­ed."

Kendall Walkes, the for­mer TTFA Tech­ni­cal Di­rec­tor who was fired from his job in 2016 has since sued and won over $5 mil­lion for wrong­ful dis­missal.

How­ev­er, the TTFA's in­abil­i­ty to pay the amount led to Walkes, through his lawyer Melis­sa Keisha Roberts-John, tak­ing out a gar­nishee or­der to freeze the ac­counts of the foot­ball as­so­ci­a­tion on Feb­ru­ary 13, and there­by pre­vent­ing the TTFA the use of the ac­counts to con­duct any of the or­gan­i­sa­tion's busi­ness.

<Walkes lawyer ready to ne­go­ti­ate>

Walkes has since re­quest­ed a $2.5 mil­lion pay­ment to lift the gar­nishee or­der, which the TTFA made clear, it could not pay.

Roberts-John said the or­der was tak­en out be­cause of poor com­mu­ni­ca­tion on the part of the TTFA, and she echoed sim­i­lar sen­ti­ments when con­tact­ed, as both par­ties knew about the ap­pli­ca­tion.

"They were served with the ac­tion (ap­pli­ca­tion), so I don't think that the mat­ter took their non-rep­re­sen­ta­tion or non-ap­pear­ance in­to con­sid­er­a­tion. The mat­ter was ad­journed, but not in light of their non-ap­pear­ance. The onus is on you if you want to come and de­fend the ap­pli­ca­tion but if not, a de­ci­sion can be made in your ab­sence. I will stick to my ini­tial state­ment as to why we reached this stage- lack of com­mu­ni­ca­tion."

She not­ed: "I have been send­ing in my cor­re­spon­dence to them in Feb­ru­ary, I have got­ten noth­ing in writ­ing with any counter-pro­pos­al, so lack of com­mu­ni­ca­tion."

The TTFA's no-show didn't seem to sur­prise Roberts-John, who want­ed the TTFA to know fur­ther, that they're will­ing to ne­go­ti­ate for less than the ask­ing $2.5 mil­lion amount, how­ev­er, she made it clear you can­not ne­go­ti­ate with some­one who is re­luc­tant to do so.

"The claimant Mr Walkes is will­ing to re­solve the is­sue that's why a pro­pos­al was sent out. We are open to dis­cus­sion be­cause we would like to re­solve this mat­ter. We know of the sum and we know the TTFA can­not pay that in a lump sum, so we are mind­ed to have some type of pro­pos­al-plan, pay­ment-plan, some­thing like that, but it goes back to com­mu­ni­ca­tion. If I am reach­ing out but you are not reach­ing out in re­turn, what can I do?"

Wal­lace in his re­sponse de­nied there is any break­down in com­mu­ni­ca­tion be­tween the par­ties and said his as­so­ci­a­tion cur­rent­ly does not have a fig­ure to ne­go­ti­ate with. "We said to them that we would come to the ta­ble with an of­fer, we have noth­ing to put for­ward yet. We are the ones try­ing to raise the mon­ey and we are try­ing to come up with a fig­ure, so the ball is in our court at the mo­ment."

Mean­while, dur­ing the hear­ing, the le­gal rep­re­sen­ta­tives of First Cit­i­zens in­formed the court that it would file ad­di­tion­al ev­i­dence of its ser­vice fees for the TTFA ac­counts be­fore the next court hear­ing, next Mon­day.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2020, 07:22:33 AM »
TTFA to pay Walkes $.3M to unfreeze account.
By Derek Achong & Walter Alibey (Guardian).

Former T&T  Football Association (TTFA) technical director Kendall Walkes is set to receive a small portion of the over US$783,000 (TT$5 million) owed to him by his former employer.

Walkes, who won the sizeable payout at the end of his wrongful dismissal claim against the TTFA in September, last year, is expected to receive a little over TT$300,000 of the judgement sum, later this week, after High Court Master Martha Alexander completed his garnishee proceedings on Monday morning.

In such proceedings, a third party such as the TTFA's bank, First Citizens Bank, is called upon to clear a debt using funds it (the third party) owes to the debtor.

Once FCB completes Alexander's order by paying Walkes the entire contents of the TTFA's six bank accounts, a freezing order barring the TTFA access to its accounts will be lifted.

However, Walkes may bring similar proceedings to refreeze the accounts and recoup the remainder of his payout as soon as additional funds are deposited. Similar action was taken against the TTFA by the National Futsal Team, last year.

In her oral judgement, High Court Judge Joan Charles ruled that Walkes had been wrongfully dismissed by the TTFA in March 2016.

Charles rejected claims from the TTFA that Walkes contract should be deemed void because it was signed by one witness as opposed to two and as it contained incomplete paragraphs.

"I found it surprising that the defendant would have disputed the validity of the contract," Charles said.

She stated that it was validated by both former TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee and general secretary Sheldon Phillips, who testified on Walkes' behalf, and through evidence over the parties' conduct after it was signed.

In her judgement, Charles ruled that Walkes, who earned a monthly salary of US$10,000 and a US$3,000 housing allowance, was entitled to compensation for the two remaining years on his contract as well as for several months when he did not receive a salary before his contract was eventually terminated.

Charles also upheld a clause of his contract, which gave him the option to renew it for another three-year term. The decision meant that he also had to be compensated for that period.

In the lawsuit, Walkes, a youth coach from Pennsylvania provided details over how he got the job in 2015.

According to Walkes, he was coaching in the United States (US) Virgin Islands, when a colleague from the State Association for Youth Soccer in Pennsylvania recommended him for the job based on his experience and his Trinidadian heritage.

Walkes claimed that he had a telephone interview before being invited for another while he was in Trinidad to attend his sibling's funeral in February 2015.

He claimed that he was officially offered the position during the meeting with Tim Kee, Phillips and then the national team manager and current TTFA President William Wallace.

Walkes claimed that despite honouring the requirements of his contract, he was terminated after former TTFA president David John-Williams took up his post.

In it defence, the TTFA alleged that it broke the contract after Fifa officials wrote to it and raised issues over his reported TT$93,000 a month compensation package, in light of the association's well known financial constraints.

Shortly after Charles judgement, former T&T national football team coach Stephen Hart won his US$742,444 (TT$5 million) lawsuit against the TTFA over being dismissed.

Walkes is being represented by Keston Mc Quilkin and Keisha Roberts-John, while at the last two hearings the TTFA did not have any legal representatives.

RELATED NEWS

TTFA to pay part of $$ owed to ex- technical director.
By Jada Loutoo (Newsday).

FORMER TT Football Association (TTFA) technical director Kendall Walkes is likely to receive a small portion of the over US$783,000 (TT$5 million) owed to him by the football body after a High Court Master approved his garnishee proceedings on Monday.

Walkes, who was ordered to receive the multi-million payout in 2019, will receive a little over TT$300,000 as part of the garnishee order approved by Master Martha Alexander.

A garnishee order allows the TTFA’s bankers, First Citizens Bank, to surrender money to settle the debt.

Once FCB completes the garnishee order, then the freeze on TTFA’s accounts will be lifted and the association will have access to its six accounts.

Walkes is expected to file other similar applications as he seeks to recover the full amount.

Walkes was fired from his post after less than one year on the job in 2015, and sued the TTFA for breach of contract. He was offered the position during a meeting with the association’s former president Raymond Tim Kee and two other executives and had been recommended by a colleague from the State Association for Youth Soccer in Pennsylvania, where he is based. At the time, he was coaching in the US Virgin Islands.

In its defence, the TTFA claimed it broke the contract with the technical director after Fifa officials wrote to it and raised issues over Walkes’ compensation package in light of the association’s financial constraints.

It also alleged the contract was not valid.

In September 2019, Justice Joan Charles said she had no problems finding that a valid contract existed between Walkes and the TTFA.

The judge said the TTFA had set the terms of the contract and Walkes complied.

“There was clearly an intention to create legal relations,” Charles held.

She added, ““I found it surprising that the defendant would have disputed the validity of the contract.” She also ruled that there was no merit to the grounds of challenge raised by the TTFA that there were flaws in the contract which FIFA raised and that the contract was only witnessed by one person as opposed to two as required.

In her decision, Charles held that Walkes was entitled to US$65,000 for several months of the contract, from March 2015, when it was signed, to April 2016.

She also said he was owed US$250,000 for April 2016 and March 2018, when the contract would have ended and that he had the option to extend the contract for another three-year term so he was entitled to compensation for it.

His compensation package was US$10,000 a month and a US$3,000 housing allowance.

Walkes was represented by attorney Keston McQuilkin.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 07:27:28 AM by Flex »

1]; } ?>