April 25, 2024, 09:15:42 AM

Author Topic: U-20 Women's Team Thread.  (Read 104952 times)

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 CONCACAF U-20 Women's Championship Thread
« Reply #210 on: January 16, 2014, 11:16:30 AM »
Look at the teams we beat. People getting carried away. I am happy we reach this far, but we ain't qualify yet. When we qualify I will rejoice.
     I don't care who we beat,what make it nice is local Coaches,we never reached this far so i'm rejoicing

Progress shouldn't be measured by how far we've come but by how far we have left to go....Until we can compete with the likes of Mexico, USA and Canada, we ain't reach nowhere. I'm happy for the girls and wish them all the best as they try to move forward, but like DHW said, I'm not getting carried away just yet...

You're being incredibly negative in my opinion - all long journeys start with a few steps and these are definitely steps in the right direction. To rubbish them because we have a couple hundred more is to miss the bigger picture (ironically) - no long distance can be reached without every little step.

Which is what exactly?  Is the bigger picture one in which we see our selves being  better than we were yesterday?  If so, then let's stop painting right now because we're definitely better than we were 10 years ago, no doubt. If the bigger picture is one in which we're a regional force then we have a long way to go still.
I've been following the womens game for a long time and I'll be the first to say that we have improved tremendously over the years...but when you consider the likes of USA ,Mex and Canada haven't exactly been sitting around waiting for us to catch up, you should be able to understand my position.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 16, 2014, 11:26:11 AM »
Look at the teams we beat. People getting carried away. I am happy we reach this far, but we ain't qualify yet. When we qualify I will rejoice.
     I don't care who we beat,what make it nice is local Coaches,we never reached this far so i'm rejoicing

Progress shouldn't be measured by how far we've come but by how far we have left to go....Until we can compete with the likes of Mexico, USA and Canada, we ain't reach nowhere. I'm happy for the girls and wish them all the best as they try to move forward, but like DHW said, I'm not getting carried away just yet...

You're being incredibly negative in my opinion - all long journeys start with a few steps and these are definitely steps in the right direction. To rubbish them because we have a couple hundred more is to miss the bigger picture (ironically) - no long distance can be reached without every little step.

Which is what exactly?  Is the bigger picture one in which we see our selves being  better than we were yesterday?  If so, then let's stop painting right now because we're definitely better than we were 10 years ago, no doubt. If the bigger picture is one in which we're a regional force then we have a long way to go still.
I've been following the womens game for a long time and I'll be the first to say that we have improved tremendously over the years...but when you consider the likes of USA ,Mex and Canada haven't exactly been sitting around waiting for us to catch up, you should be able to understand my position.

No one's saying that, but reaching major milestones have other knock-on effects that shouldn't be ignored - surely the profile of qualifying for such a tournament, and reaching best-ever goals can have positive impacts in news coverage (inspiring maybe more girls and women to take up the game) and sponsorship opportunities

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 16, 2014, 12:14:48 PM »

No one's saying that, but reaching major milestones have other knock-on effects that shouldn't be ignored - surely the profile of qualifying for such a tournament, and reaching best-ever goals can have positive impacts in news coverage (inspiring maybe more girls and women to take up the game) and sponsorship opportunities

Absolutely! And those things would/should come if we actually do qualify for the U20 WC, but we haven't yet. We progressed to the semi's for the first time in the tournament and that in itself is a great achievement. But let's face it....we got to the semi's as a result of victories over the two lesser ranked, unfancied teams in the group then we fell at the first real hurdle we faced (Mex). Doesn't that put things into perspective?

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 16, 2014, 12:39:16 PM »

Absolutely! And those things would/should come if we actually do qualify for the U20 WC, but we haven't yet. We progressed to the semi's for the first time in the tournament and that in itself is a great achievement. But let's face it....we got to the semi's as a result of victories over the two lesser ranked, unfancied teams in the group then we fell at the first real hurdle we faced (Mex). Doesn't that put things into perspective?

Well I think you're downplaying the Honduras result - that is definitely worth talking about

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 16, 2014, 12:39:57 PM »

The men qualified for Germany, so did another youth team a couple years ago what came of it?

Is not now we have a women's soccer program, is donkey years and every go around we always making steps. Like tha video I posted of Shabazz he saying those things since day one and look he still saying it now.

Not because some people critical or being realistic means they are negative or not supporting the team. I real happy we get a VERY favorable draw and I am praying that we qaulify in whatever way we do. However, that does not stop me from seeing that we eh reach and we have not closed the gap. Closing the gap means that we are competitive across youth teams U15 - U20 of which we are not. Eking out results does not mean the gap is closing. We have to be able to play with and compete against these teams. We need to see major development in playing the game.  For example, are we very good in attacking but struggle with giving up goals? This maybe acceptable in closing the gap. But as it stands we are okay is different aspects of the game. We need to be exceptional in specific aspects and improving on other aspects of the game.

It's like school, right now we're the child who get Cs and Bs the occasional D, and A- in PE consistently. We need to be able to have more As and Bs and the occasional C. Then we can say we are closing the gap.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 16, 2014, 03:38:02 PM »
Sometimes when i listen to some of u guys i feel like you don't know or have not been following the history of T&T sports,we are consistant in no sports at world level,every sport we participate in we are always hoping to win something,check athletics we win a Olympic Gold medal in Javelin and where are we,we qualified for Germany in WC Football and where are we,where are we in Athletics,where are we in Cricket,Cycling,Tennis,Badminton,swimming etc etc it's all hit and miss that's the history of our Sports.

Let us celebrate what ever little success we have,we had motorcade when Hasely won gold,when the Strike Squad almost qualified was carnival in the streets,when we came back from Germany those guys were treated like Gods,a village in Germany was transfered to little T&T,when Keshawn won Gold we had motorcade in the streets etc etc

You all may not find we closing gape etc etc but this is our little joy,our athletes have done us proud and we will big them up at every opportunity,i spend 22 yrs in US Football and there wasn't much i could of talked about when i sat down with Coaches out there,every time the US beat us they used to bring a tape for me,i used to feel so proud when Yorke played for Man U those English guys liked him so those were my guys.     
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 04:24:11 PM by Coop's »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 16, 2014, 03:45:35 PM »
Sometimes when i listen to some of u guys i feel like you don't know or have not been following the history of T&T sports,we are consistant in no sports at world level,every sport is we participate in are always hoping to win something,check athletics we win a Olympic Gold medal in Javelin and where are we,we qualified for Germany in WC Football and where are we,where are we in Athletics,where are we in Cricket,Cycling,Tennis,Badminton,swimming etc etc it's all hit and miss that's the history of our Sports.

Let us celebrate what ever little success we have,we had motorcade when Hasely won gold,when the Strike Squad almost qualified was carnival in the streets,when we came back from Germany those guys were treated like Gods,a village in Germany was transfered to little T&T,when Keshawn won Gold we had motorcade in the streets etc etc

You all may not find we closing gape etc etc but this is our little joy,our athletes have done us proud and we will big them up are every opportunity,i spend 22 yrs in US Football and there wasn't much i could of talked about when i sat down with Coaches out there,every time the US beat us they used to bring a tape for me,i used to feel so proud when Yorke played for Man U those English guys liked him so i those were my guys.     

Coop's is that how you use to run your club as DoC?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 16, 2014, 04:20:41 PM »
Sometimes when i listen to some of u guys i feel like you don't know or have not been following the history of T&T sports,we are consistant in no sports at world level,every sport is we participate in are always hoping to win something,check athletics we win a Olympic Gold medal in Javelin and where are we,we qualified for Germany in WC Football and where are we,where are we in Athletics,where are we in Cricket,Cycling,Tennis,Badminton,swimming etc etc it's all hit and miss that's the history of our Sports.

You all may not find we closing gape etc etc but this is our little joy,our athletes have done us proud and we will big them up are every opportunity,i spend 22 yrs in US Football and there wasn't much i could of talked about when i sat down with Coaches out there,every time the US beat us they used to bring a tape for me,i used to feel so proud when Yorke played for Man U those English guys liked him so i those were my guys.     

I never had a club,i worked for a club.If the people who i worked for was satisfied with the work i did,had success with the teams and Cocahes i was responsible for then i had to be doing something right to achieve it.

I notice u keep throwing this DoC thing in my face all the time like something bothering u,i'm open, if so please let me know,may be i'm not good enough to hold that position.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 16, 2014, 05:14:44 PM »
If you don't mind me asking what was your position that Elan has a problem with?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 16, 2014, 06:27:09 PM »
If you don't mind me asking what was your position that Elan has a problem with?
    I was the Director of Coaching for a club in Norfolk Va called Norfolk Utd a small club about 2,000 kids plus Coaches.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 06:29:40 PM by Coop's »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 16, 2014, 10:35:27 PM »

What problem I have with Coops position? Whee you get that from?

Coop's use to run a big time club. Doh get tie up with that.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 16, 2014, 10:39:57 PM »

I never had a club,i worked for a club.If the people who i worked for was satisfied with the work i did,had success with the teams and Cocahes i was responsible for then i had to be doing something right to achieve it.

I notice u keep throwing this DoC thing in my face all the time like something bothering u,i'm open, if so please let me know,may be i'm not good enough to hold that position.

Coop's I know you use to run your club better than we run our National program. I just trying to get you to see that our National program is not even up to the standard of a US club, much less for a National Program. I not "throwing" nothing in your face. How could I do that with something that you have achieved so much success with.  ??? 

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 17, 2014, 07:35:54 AM »
That's pretty impressive, you need to return to the motherland and help out youth coaching here!

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 17, 2014, 09:15:43 AM »
Can we please stop with the chest thumping-bashing and get back to the topic and hand please and thanks. If you all need to to the bashing take it to private messages. Our ladies have a huge game tonight and need our support. It's not about what you have done in a past life time (good for you all). I too have coached for years & won my share of Ontario Cup titles & have more dust collectors (trophies) than Jimmy Carter has liver pills. ;D I am just happy that 60% of the young ladies I coached from U-9 - 18 are still playing women's football and or are coaching youths themselves.

The big picture here folks is that we are starting to show development of our youth programs. It takes time as I have watched the senior women get their clocks cleaned to now start to beat Costa Rica (in friendlies on a regular basis) we tie mexico in the Pan Am games lose to Columbia one nil. Progress is showing, we are seeing the same core group of players on the Senior's from U-17 in that of Maylee-Johnson, Kordner & King just to name three. It is about the big picture her people & that is the senior team & we are now seeing players from this current U-20 squad that will progress to the Senior squad sooner than later.

Regardless what occurs this afternoon versus the USA squad we now see that the program is doing it's job in developing players. Many of you say not fast enough however you are also making comparisons to the likes of the big three in Concacaf which all have player pools 100 times larger than ours. We are making very good progress. The Ministry of Sport is starting to loosen its purse strings on the women's side which will only help more moving forward.

To the players and coaching staff for tonights game. We are all proud of what you have accomplished so far in this Concacaf & wish you a successful match this evening.
  :wavetowel: :challenge: :cheers: :cheers: :challenge: :applause: :wavetowel:

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 17, 2014, 09:40:25 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Q7_VpH8z54" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9Q7_VpH8z54</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 17, 2014, 12:47:09 PM »
You will be able to see the T&T game live today since they are playing against the USA.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 17, 2014, 01:05:56 PM »
If you watching it on fox2go use this code "U20WNT" and then after the game you can cancel your subscription and you won't be charged. Or you can wait to cancel as they may also show the 3rd place game on Sunday.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 17, 2014, 03:59:28 PM »
Half time in the 1st semifinal ....Mexico and Costa Rica even at 1-1 . That third place encounter we were hoping for with the Ticos looks a bit uncertain at the moment...

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 17, 2014, 04:04:01 PM »
Half time in the 1st semifinal ....Mexico and Costa Rica even at 1-1 . That third place encounter we were hoping for with the Ticos looks a bit uncertain at the moment...

It could have easily been the same or 0-0 in our game with Mexico at the half.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 17, 2014, 04:07:38 PM »
If mexico dont win that would be awful for us :(

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 17, 2014, 04:17:17 PM »
Both teams playing faster than the opening rounds.

Field heavy.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 17, 2014, 04:41:00 PM »
Mexico up 3-1 ....less than 15' to go...

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 17, 2014, 04:58:07 PM »
Mexico 3, Costa Rica  1, FT.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 17, 2014, 06:33:34 PM »
They showing on this site. But I still can't get it.

http://www.sportcategory.com/c-1.html

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 17, 2014, 06:37:33 PM »
http://www.justin.tv/whatsthisname125

Try that one.... US are 2-0 up.....we not looking too good.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 17, 2014, 06:39:32 PM »
make that 3 nil  :P

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 17, 2014, 06:45:20 PM »
4-0

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 17, 2014, 06:46:47 PM »
At every level, uncontested headers present a problem for our NTs ... particularly on set plays.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 17, 2014, 06:55:33 PM »
LIVE STREAM: USA  Women’s U-20 vs T&T Women’s U-20
http://firstrowus1.eu/watch/233429/1/watch-usa-vs-trinidad-and-tobago.html
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 17, 2014, 06:55:44 PM »
HALF-TIME: USA Women’s U-20 leads T&T 4-0. Goals by McKenzie Meehan (13’), Savannah Jordan (27’), and Stephanie Amack (33’, 39’).
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>