April 25, 2024, 05:33:05 PM

Author Topic: U-20 Women's Team Thread.  (Read 104992 times)

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 U-20 Women Thread.
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2013, 07:46:14 PM »
Princesses!!!! Super !!!!
So far, so pleased!
Live large and prosper!

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2013, 08:25:19 PM »
Well done ladies. Keep us proud.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2013, 06:08:40 PM »
Onto the finals ... love it. Now please trounce Jamaica at home.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2013, 04:28:59 PM »
LIVE STREAM for the CFU Women's U-20 final: Jamaica vs T&T
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/cfu-women-s-under-20-competition

Kick-off is at 7pm T&T time.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2013, 05:21:26 PM »
Stream kind of slow. JA leading 1-0

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2013, 05:24:28 PM »
Stream difficult to watch. You could barely make out how JA score. Still better than nuthin.

Hope that T&T defenderr ok....she look in a bad way. Was stretchered off just before the Jamaican's score.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2013, 05:51:48 PM »
half time Ja still leads 1-0.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2013, 06:00:37 PM »
too much long ball & no pressure on the JFF back line

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2013, 06:02:13 PM »
Come on ladies.."I am a bachelor..." big tune

either we rwb or cb get into a small tussle w/a JA striker.  stream jus dead
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 06:28:58 PM by 100% Barataria »
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2013, 06:57:21 PM »
Jamaica 1 vs T&T 0
Live large and prosper!

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2013, 07:01:26 PM »
Hard luck ladies, good effort, they put in ah real shift.

Sadly as was said earlier too much long ball. Probably more to do with the pitch which was pretty bad and seemed to promote a Proper 'Boom-kick' game there.

They was hurryin the play too much as well. They young, they go learn.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: 2013 U-20 Women Thread.
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2013, 07:53:40 PM »
Hard luck ladies, good effort, they put in ah real shift.

Sadly as was said earlier too much long ball. Probably more to do with the pitch which was pretty bad and seemed to promote a Proper 'Boom-kick' game there.

They was hurryin the play too much as well. They young, they go learn.

This has been the problem with women ball for years. Hurrying the pass with nobody in sight. And boom kick. Is not just us but Caribbean in general. The Europeans and Americans way ahead. Asia too.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2013, 08:19:09 PM »
dem trinidad coach can't coach

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jamaica Women's U-20 edge T&T to CFU title
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2013, 05:06:14 PM »
Jamaica Women's U-20 edge T&T to CFU title
Ryon Jones (Jamaica Gleaner)

Jamaica was last night crowned Caribbean Football Union under-20 champions after emerging from a bruising contest with Trinidad and Tobago 1-0 winners in the final at the Anthony Spauldings Sports Complex.

Khadija Shaw, who was named the tournament's Most Valuable Player, scored the game's lone goal in the 13th minute.

In the opening game of the double header to determine the third-place team Dominican Republic defeated Cuba 2-1. Yaqueisi Soriano (4th and 48th) netted both of Dominican Republic's goals with Yoanna Gonzanez (44th) scoring for Cuba.

Both finalists in Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago have advanced to the 2014 CONCACAF Under-20 Women's Championship to be staged in the Cayman Islands. The eight-team tournament will see the top-three teams qualify for the Under-20 Women's World Cup.

As is the norm with any contest involving Jamaica and the twin island republic, it was a keen battle from the opening whistle, as neither teams held back on their challenges.

It took one moment of brilliance to decide the encounter and this was provided by 16-year-old Shaw in the 13th minute. She received a ball on the right side of the Trinidad and Tobago 18-yard box and rifled a shot pass their keeper, Tenesha Palmer.

"It was a tough game as we anticipated, so credit to the girls," Jamaica's coach, Xavier Gilbert said. "We should be stronger for the tournament in January; there were a few persons out with injuries today."

Trinidad and Tobago were competitive in midfield, but never got off a clear shot on Jamaica's goal. The closest they came to an equaliser was in the 53rd minute when Patrice Campbell was found unmarked in Jamaica's area, but totally mis-hit her effort from six yards out allowing Jamaica's custodian Taylor Grant to effect an easy save.

Despite the result, Trinidad and Tobago's coach Izler Brown was pleased with her team's performance.

"It is unfortunate that we lost 1-0, but I don't think there was any vast difference between the two teams," Brown said. "Our goal was to come here to qualify for CONCACAF and we have done that."

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2013, 05:07:21 PM »
Defenders Daniella Findley and Jonelle Warrick, and midfielders Patrice Campbell and Shenelle Henry have been named to the Tournament All-Star Team at the recently concluded CFU Women’s Under-20 Championship in Kingston, Jamaica.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2013, 05:16:06 AM »
Well done ladies,i find we does take the success of National Women's Football teams very lightly,always remember they encounter the same problems our nationals men's teams do but you don't hear them complain,no one gives the Coaches any kind of credit for the hard work they do (they are local),i wonder if these women get paid.

I was at the last game T&T vs NZ,at the half time interval our U17 women's team with their trophy paraded on the athletic track for some appreciation from the crowd,i felt so shame because like people eh want to clap or make some noise for these ladies,is like they did not achieve anything,any how ladies u make us proud. 

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2013, 06:40:08 AM »
Well done ladies,i find we does take the success of National Women's Football teams very lightly,always remember they encounter the same problems our nationals men's teams do but you don't hear them complain,no one gives the Coaches any kind of credit for the hard work they do (they are local),i wonder if these women get paid.

I was at the last game T&T vs NZ,at the half time interval our U17 women's team with their trophy paraded on the athletic track for some appreciation from the crowd,i felt so shame because like people eh want to clap or make some noise for these ladies,is like they did not achieve anything,any how ladies u make us proud. 

These ladies are very proud of their accomplishments. A no they do not get paid, they are lucky to see a small stipend at the end of a qualifier if any. How small do you ask? Probably meal money for a day of two of what the men get on a daily basis and that is only at the senior level. These ladies train on average four times a week plus fitness sessions and when they travel it is generally is four players to a room to keep costs down. I wonder if the men would bunk four to a room.

I was very disappointment in  this quote
I am really getting tired of these random quotes occurring regarding our women's coaches without facts or basis. As a matter a fact all of our National  youth coaches on either sides are always lambasted and second guessed. Nobody applauds them for the untold hours that they put in to help their teams. Nobody applauds them for helping those less fortunate with-in the program. Cheers to them & the great jobs they continue to do !!!!! Keep up the great work folks. :wavetowel:

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2013, 07:01:46 AM »

These ladies are very proud of their accomplishments. A no they do not get paid, they are lucky to see a small stipend at the end of a qualifier if any. How small do you ask? Probably meal money for a day of two of what the men get on a daily basis and that is only at the senior level. These ladies train on average four times a week plus fitness sessions and when they travel it is generally is four players to a room to keep costs down. I wonder if the men would bunk four to a room.

I was very disappointment in  this quote
I am really getting tired of these random quotes occurring regarding our women's coaches without facts or basis. As a matter a fact all of our National  youth coaches on either sides are always lambasted and second guessed. Nobody applauds them for the untold hours that they put in to help their teams. Nobody applauds them for helping those less fortunate with-in the program. Cheers to them & the great jobs they continue to do !!!!! Keep up the great work folks. :wavetowel:

:beermug: :beermug: :applause: :applause: :thumbsup:

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2013, 10:08:11 AM »
Pleas  from ( coach izler browne. of the current under20's ladies team)....is anyone taking notes .?  There is an article in the today's  trinidad express  newspaper outlining the kinds of ills , shortcomings, pitfalls  many of our national teams face when leaving the shores in order to represent us .!!!!....... people  read the article   it gives a clear indication  of the nonsense and adversities for lack of a better expression  our various national teams  have to endure so very often !!....... are we really serious  about being truly competitive.??  its  quite shocking to learn  the very basic things are not even provided  for!!  its truly frustrating  downright  disturbing...anyways ah gone  for now ...( just read the article people ...) then post ur comments  lets keep it positive . hopefully the officials take heed ....

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2013, 01:01:39 PM »
Pleas  from ( coach izler browne. of the current under20's ladies team)....is anyone taking notes .?  There is an article in the today's  trinidad express  newspaper outlining the kinds of ills , shortcomings, pitfalls  many of our national teams face when leaving the shores in order to represent us .!!!!....... people  read the article   it gives a clear indication  of the nonsense and adversities for lack of a better expression  our various national teams  have to endure so very often !!....... are we really serious  about being truly competitive.??  its  quite shocking to learn  the very basic things are not even provided  for!!  its truly frustrating  downright  disturbing...anyways ah gone  for now ...( just read the article people ...) then post ur comments  lets keep it positive . hopefully the officials take heed ....
      I will try and get a Express to read this,i'm really glad she have been outspoken about this situation because it's something i often mention about on this website,it's often said Local Coaches don't or can't talk notes lets see if anybody hears her,i could just imagine what she has to say,Football in T&T is only about the senior mens national team,everybody sheltering under that umbrela and we saying Football in T&T in improving (FIFA rating,new Coach etc),yes hope the officials take heed, all that will continue to happen is point fingers at our poor Coaches when we are not successful,talking a lot of crap about local Coaches need international experience,if we don't fix business at home it can't be fixed when we go abroad (men's team get paid they have no problems "sacarcism").
     I am reall upset about this because is years i've been observing the treatment the women gets,my daughter was there.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2013, 01:26:47 PM »

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/More-friendlies-and-camps-230289181.html

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
2014 CONCACAF U-20 Women's Championship Thread
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2013, 08:55:29 PM »
Women’s U-20 Championship draw held in Cayman
CONCACAF.com

The draw for the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Under-20 Championship was held Tuesday night, resulting in two attractive four-team groups set to battle it out for the right to play in the U-20 Women’s World Cup, which be hosted by Canada next year.

At the Westin Seven Mile Beach on Grand Cayman, CONCACAF President Jeffrey Webb oversaw proceedings, conducted by General Secretary Enrique Sanz, which determined the groupings and match schedule for the eleven-day football festival to be disputed in the Cayman Islands, January 9-19, 2014.

The tournament’s top three teams will join the Canadians in the FIFA event.

Host Cayman Islands -- seeded into Group B -- will open against Mexico, while defending champion United States – seeded into Group A – kicks off against Central American foe Costa Rica.  Jamaica and Guatemala initiate the tournament on January 9,while Trinidad & Tobago and Honduras round out Group B, which begins play the following day.

“We can be proud that in women’s youth football, CONCACAF has produced world class teams that have in many ways set a benchmark in the sport,” said CONCACAF President Jeffrey Webb, who was in attendance alongside representatives from each of the eight participants.

The two groups of four teams will participate in round-robin play over the competition’s first six match days.  The top two teams from each group advance to the semifinals on Friday, January 17.  The semifinal winners will contest the final, as well as qualify directly for the U-20 Women’s World Cup.  The winner of the third-place match also earns a coveted ticket to the event.

“We can be confident that this next CONCACAF Women’s Under-20 Championship will showcase players who in 2014 will go to Canada and win more awards for themselves, their country, and CONCACAF,” said Webb.

The United States has won three of the tournament’s four editions, including the inaugural competition in 2006, and the last in 2012.  Canada was crowned champion in 2008.

CONCACAF will host all of FIFA’s Women’s World Cup events in 2014 and 2015, starting with the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup in Costa Rica from March 15 to April 15, 2014, followed by the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup in Canada from August 5 to August 20, 2014 and culminating with the FIFA Women’s World Cup from June 6 to July 5, 2015, also in Canada.

CONCACAF Women’s Under-20 Championship 2014 Cayman Islands
January 9–19, 2014

Grand Cayman (Truman Bodden Sports Complex)

FIRST ROUND GROUPS
Group A: United States, Guatemala, Jamaica, Costa Rica       
Group B: Cayman Islands, Honduras, Trinidad & Tobago, Mexico

SCHEDULE
(Times U.S. EST and Cayman)

GROUP STAGE

Thursday - January 9, 2014
Guatemala vs. Jamaica, (5:00 p.m.)
United States vs. Costa Rica, (7:30 p.m.)

Friday - January 10, 2014
Honduras vs. Trinidad & Tobago, (5:00 p.m.)
Cayman Islands vs. Mexico, (7:30 p.m.)

Saturday - January 11, 2014
Costa Rica vs. Guatemala, (5:00 p.m.)
Jamaica vs. United States, (7:30 p.m.)

Sunday - January 12, 2014
Mexico vs. Honduras, (5:00 p.m.)
Cayman Islands vs. Trinidad & Tobago, (7:30 p.m.)

Monday - January 13, 2014
Jamaica vs. Costa Rica, (5:00 p.m.)
United States vs. Guatemala, (7:30 p.m.)

Tuesday - January 14, 2014
Trinidad & Tobago vs. Mexico, (5:00 p.m.)
Cayman Islands vs. Honduras, (7:30 p.m.)

SEMIFINALS

Friday - January 17, 2014
SF #1:  Winner Group B vs. Second Group A, (4:00 p.m.)
SF #2:  Winner Group A vs. Second Group B, (7:00 p.m.)

THIRD-PLACE MATCH & FINAL

Sunday - January 19, 2014
Loser SF #1 vs. Loser SF#2, (4:00 p.m.)
Winner SF #1 vs. Winner SF#2, (7:00 p.m.)

« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 06:50:47 PM by Tallman »

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 CONCACAF U-20 Women's Championship Thread
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2013, 09:23:31 PM »
Calling on the administration  and all other relevant sources  please  provide  the necessary requirements  to the coaching staff / its technical personnel , get the team and players settled  quickly without delay in order to ready the players for the tournament .....their first game is not very far off . get the ball rolling , its down to serious work now , no delay.....  wishing the very best to the team and staff ... fight on warriors and go knock some ball 

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2014, 08:36:27 AM »
U20 ladies thrash Florida FC , bigger test today !!!!!

Disappointing that absolutely zero talk in respects to the 20's

http://www.socawarriors.net/womens-team/womens-team-news/womens-u20/13477-u-20-women-thrash-florida-fc-7-1.html

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2014, 03:22:04 PM »
That group doesn't look half-bad you know... Given the alternatives. Mexico should walk it but we have a chance against the other two

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2014, 03:33:01 PM »
Hope they have a good showing today.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2014, 05:46:19 PM »
U20 ladies thrash Florida FC , bigger test today !!!!!

Disappointing that absolutely zero talk in respects to the 20's

http://www.socawarriors.net/womens-team/womens-team-news/womens-u20/13477-u-20-women-thrash-florida-fc-7-1.html

Both the under 20 and Senior womens team are very close to making history for TT. If not both, then one for sure will make the world cup.  Sad that not much is being said about these two.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2014, 12:34:51 AM »
Did not play the 2nd game.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2014, 08:13:08 AM »

Don't leave us hanging Elan what happened as to why the Princesses did not play that second game ?

Cheers   19

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2014, 09:33:40 AM »

Don't leave us hanging Elan what happened as to why the Princesses did not play that second game ?

Cheers   19

I was expecting them not to play. They were suppose to play FAU, but these college players just returned from Christmas break so this game was always tentative.

They did not replay the club team from what I have heard because the club team was not challenging.

Right now heading to the Caymans today with the team and players not settled. Scrambling to put things together.

Anton Corneal at it again

1]; } ?>