March 28, 2024, 01:46:04 PM

Author Topic: U-20 Women's Team Thread.  (Read 103410 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 CONCACAF U-20 Women's Championship Thread
« Reply #330 on: January 19, 2014, 05:45:22 PM »
Place the resignation on the desk. His, not hers.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 19, 2014, 05:48:06 PM »
Question?  Why was Anton on the sideline coaching the team? Do we not have a head coach and an assistant? Seems like it is now the norm for our TD to be barking out instructions on the sideline during our youth games.

Good effort! You gave your best Princesses and that is all we can ask of you. Learn from this experience and forge on!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 05:50:50 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 19, 2014, 05:58:20 PM »
Well done to the Soca Princesses on giving it your all, you have done yourselves and the country proud by getting us this close but were beaten by the better and fitter team on the day.

But one question, I need answered. Is Anton the T&T Women's U-20 head coach?
Well if not then I am blaming him for this lost because he could have messed-up the karma of the team by taking over and barking out instructions at the girls like if he is the head coach.
Why all this glory seeking from Anton if he is the not the U-20 Women's head coach?
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 19, 2014, 06:21:22 PM »
ok milkyx yuh got yuh wish  what now ....!!    proud  of you all .... keep your heads up  ...
It wasn't my wish for them to lose. I simply said that instead of always hoping and praying for a world cup spot, lets get the job done with preparation, hard work and consistent effort. I'm sick and tired of ALMOST qualifiying, and always fighting for the last playoff ticket. Bloody ridiculous! We should be the best team in CONCACAF. We have more talent here than the entire United States. You reap what you sow. If you don't put the work in, don't expect to end up at the world cup. Who vex loss.
Only the humble can be truly great!

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 19, 2014, 06:53:13 PM »
first up milkyx  all due respect to you , many have expressed disappointement , frustration, even downright anger , and to be fair to all,  some  if not all have a right to such ! keep in mind our ladies football  is in  many aspects still in its early years  yet , ( infancy)  .. we have made stride   , we  will hopefully continue to grow and  blossom into one of the regions top teams ,  that should be the objective  with continuity at all levels ..... i sincerely hope our federation don't lose sight of that .!!....    i  hear you  loud and clear , do not dispair , hopefully with the right mechanism put in place by our present  football federation and officials,  the moment to celebrate will be all ours not long from now ......   with that being said  i'm proud of the ladies  for their efforts........... from all appearances a lack of  fitness was a factor today.......  ..

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 19, 2014, 06:58:18 PM »
Lack of fitness bottom line. We were good till 60 min then hit empty
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 19, 2014, 07:10:01 PM »
HIGHLIGHTS: Costa Rica Women’s U-20 vs T&T Women’s U-20

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8PPXcE9j66A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8PPXcE9j66A</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 19, 2014, 07:31:05 PM »
Question?  Why was Anton on the sideline coaching the team? Do we not have a head coach and an assistant? Seems like it is now the norm for our TD to be barking out instructions on the sideline during our youth games.

Good effort! You gave your best Princesses and that is all we can ask of you. Learn from this experience and forge on!

Same thing he did with the U20 men in Panama. If both teams had won he would take the glory. But both teams lost so is not his fault because he is not the coach.  :bs:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 19, 2014, 07:36:48 PM »
We have more talent here than the entire United States.

MilkyX, are you serious. I think we going a bit too far here. yes, we have talent, but our pool is quite small. Such that some of our best tend to be children of Trinis living abroad. Listen bro, I am frustrated too. But our girls just not good enough, YET. There are some major deficiencies that need to be worked on. TTFF needs to look at its program and take serious look at areas that need drastic changes. From TD down to the coaches. Something not working out. We score 3 unanswered goals and then come and conceded 4 unanswered goals. What happened there.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 19, 2014, 07:47:11 PM »
Well done to the Soca Princesses on giving it your all, you have done yourselves and the country proud by getting us this close but were beaten by the better and fitter team on the day.

But one question, I need answered. Is Anton the T&T Women's U-20 head coach?
Well if not then I am blaming him for this lost because he could have messed-up the karma of the team by taking over and barking out instructions at the girls like if he is the head coach.
Why all this glory seeking from Anton if he is the not the U-20 Women's head coach?
I wonder if you folks missed my post above, here it is again.

I believe lack of fitness and experience at this level was a major factor in the result of this game but our ladies are improving. Also Anton taking over and glory seeking for the umpteenth time could have also brought some bad karma to the team. Did the real Women's Head Coach request Anton's help on the bench or something?

Click this link to view the game stats: Under 20s – Women CRC vs. T&T
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 08:20:58 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 19, 2014, 08:00:32 PM »
Some very nice goals. Nice to see Central F.C.'s Anique Walker score a decent brace. I think some comments concerning fitness and concentration are justified. Once they achieve 90 minutes plus fitness, they will do well.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 19, 2014, 08:23:12 PM »
Re: fitness

It was an apparent concern in the previous game. Certain players should have been rested.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 19, 2014, 08:29:25 PM »
Some very nice goals. Nice to see Central F.C.'s Anique Walker score a decent brace. I think some comments concerning fitness and concentration are justified. Once they achieve 90 minutes plus fitness, they will do well.
I don't think so..I thought the better team and players won. I think our girls are good, but won't be ever good enough for this level. The support for the game is just not there, barely for the young men, even worse for the women. very few young girls are encouraged to pursue excellence on the football field, our society is just not there yet.
This match was girls who can play football versus footballers. We scored 3 good goals in the 1st half on maybe 4 chances..our forwards and captain were clinical in execution of the chances, but they were never better than the Costa Ricans. It was obvious to me that CR would eventually out score us, as the game is not 45 mins. Mind you, CR was damn lucky too, our Goalie was covering well, and our defence was troublesome, but they were lucky to tie us from behind..I thought they left it to late..
add: well done coach Browne..Somebody have to remove the TD from the bench, and let the coaches coach and learn.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 08:45:55 PM by maxg »

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 19, 2014, 09:23:49 PM »
first up milkyx  all due respect to you , many have expressed disappointement , frustration, even downright anger , and to be fair to all,  some  if not all have a right to such ! keep in mind our ladies football  is in  many aspects still in its early years  yet , ( infancy)  .. we have made stride   , we  will hopefully continue to grow and  blossom into one of the regions top teams ,  that should be the objective  with continuity at all levels ..... i sincerely hope our federation don't lose sight of that .!!....    i  hear you  loud and clear , do not dispair , hopefully with the right mechanism put in place by our present  football federation and officials,  the moment to celebrate will be all ours not long from now ......   with that being said  i'm proud of the ladies  for their efforts........... from all appearances a lack of  fitness was a factor today.......  ..
Bro, I agree with everything you say and I know that women's football in T&T is still in its infancy. I just think we've been stuck in this infancy stage too long and can do better. Bottom line, old TTFF, Ministry of sport and who else ever, real stick.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 19, 2014, 10:02:30 PM »
Bro, I agree with everything you say and I know that women's football in T&T is still in its infancy. I just think we've been stuck in this infancy stage too long and can do better. Bottom line, old TTFF, Ministry of sport and who else ever, real stick.

Guys T&T women's football not in it's infancy.

The UWNT played it's first game in 1985, TT was at the 1991 CONCACAF women's world cup qualifier finishing 3rd.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: January 19, 2014, 10:24:21 PM »
We need to grow up. Being realistic about how we played is by no means negative. how childish is that.  :frustrated: If we want to grow as a footballing nation then we have to be able to step back and objectively look at how we manage to squander the easiest qualifying path to a WC. This is why we can't improve because just as posters are chastising others for calling like it is so to Anton Corneal will return to T&T and everything in the Technical Report (if they do in fact write one) will say how we gave our best and it's a hard luck. This is not good enough people. Why can't a poster say we were not good enough on the night?

Our play and coaching was immature. We did not know how to handle leading 2-0, 3-1 and see out the game. We started seeing Canada this summer, forgetting that the game is 90+ minutes. We were up 3-1, but anyone could have seen that we were being dominated by CR. They were patient and calculated, they showed great maturity in the game, creating combination after combination in and around our box only to be saved by the offside call.  They had a plan and they stuck to it. How many 4 and 5 passing sequence can we point to in the middle to attacking third that we had?

We jumped out to a 3-1 lead and all our best players disappeared, whilst their best players grew in confidence.  During the early rounds we celebrated the wins, but neglected to look at how we got those wins. On the field it was not convincing. The 2 tests we had we showed that we could not cope. Not because the girls cannot play or lack talent but mainly because of those at the helm, even more so Anton Corneal. They coach these girls with inferiority. The preparation is always playing from behind to the US and Mexico, that the score will always be against us, but just do your best.

Look Mexico got 4 from the US, but Mexico was out there trying to dictate the pace, trying to put the US on the back foot. In case we forgot, the Mexican U17 beat Canada and the USA on their way to finishing 1st in the qualification and now their U20s lost in the finals. That's what you call closing the gap.

You all can say I'm negative and that I am talking madness, but keep you all head in the sand and say "we gave it our best". That's for recreational teams, teams that are brought together for social development. This is much more than that, way more than that.

I wonder if the men team had squandered such an opportunity if we would just resign ourselves to say hard luck. You would hear how shitty KJ is and how Bleeder only pulling stones. But is "girls" so that's okay they tried.  :bs:

We will look back on this missed opportunity and say "we shoulda...."   
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 19, 2014, 10:54:43 PM »
We need to grow up. Being realistic about how we played is by no means negative. how childish is that.  :frustrated: If we want to grow as a footballing nation then we have to be able to step back and objectively look at how we manage to squander the easiest qualifying path to a WC. This is why we can't improve because just as posters are chastising others for calling like it is so to Anton Corneal will return to T&T and everything in the Technical Report (if they do in fact write one) will say how we gave our best and it's a hard luck. This is not good enough people. Why can't a poster say we were not good enough on the night?

Our play and coaching was immature. We did not know how to handle leading 2-0, 3-1 and see out the game. We started seeing Canada this summer, forgetting that the game is 90+ minutes. We were up 3-1, but anyone could have seen that we were being dominated by CR. They were patient and calculated, they showed great maturity in the game, creating combination after combination in and around our box only to be saved by the offside call.  They had a plan and they stuck to it. How many 4 and 5 passing sequence can we point to in the middle to attacking third that we had?

We jumped out to a 3-1 lead and all our best players disappeared, whilst their best players grew in confidence.  During the early rounds we celebrated the wins, but neglected to look at how we got those wins. On the field it was not convincing. The 2 tests we had we showed that we could not cope. Not because the girls cannot play or lack talent but mainly because of those at the helm, even more so Anton Corneal. They coach these girls with inferiority. The preparation is always playing from behind to the US and Mexico, that the score will always be against us, but just do your best.

Look Mexico got 4 from the US, but Mexico was out there trying to dictate the pace, trying to put the US on the back foot. In case we forgot, the Mexican U17 beat Canada and the USA on their way to finishing 1st in the qualification and now their U20s lost in the finals. That's what you call closing the gap.

You all can say I'm negative and that I am talking madness, but keep you all head in the sand and say "we gave it our best". That's for recreational teams, teams that are brought together for social development. This is much more than that, way more than that.

I wonder if the men team had squandered such an opportunity if we would just resign ourselves to say hard luck. You would hear how shitty KJ is and how Bleeder only pulling stones. But is "girls" so that's okay they tried.  :bs:

To put it simple, our preparation and technical staff was not good enough and Anton needs to take most of the blame since he was the one who jumped in to try to take most of the glory as the head coach for us qualifying so he needs to take most of the blame same way for the failure. We were beaten by the better coached and fitter team at the end of the day but our girls did generally give of their best.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 10:57:12 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 20, 2014, 12:12:39 AM »
CWU20: Passion, Power and Progress
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/x9JwkJzDnvc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/x9JwkJzDnvc</a>

Liked how T&T's Soca Princesses sung Machel's "Float" at the end of the video!
They did their best and did our country proud and should be given a nice welcome back home!! :good:

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 20, 2014, 03:59:35 AM »

It's not about burying our heads in the sand Elan - it's that simply you're not giving any credit for progress whatsoever. That type of attitude is cancer to the development or progress of a project or team, and simply to be critical till they've achieved some perceived maximum really doesn't help anyone. Yes we weren't fit enough by the looks of it, we fell apart after being in the lead. Experience is the biggest factor in keeping a cool head in these situations and our domestic women's game isn't up to the task of preparing women for the international stage - possibly if we push women's sport scholarships to US Colleges (so they can play where the women's game is at its most competitive) that might change but for now there's absolutely no quick way to fix this. Fitness too can only be improved through a competitive domestic scene, which clearly isn't possible when our men's teams are only pulling 50 through the gate.

In the first half we dominated the game, using our strength well, but that simply dispelled the complacency in the Costa Rican team, whilst possibly appealing to some of the immaturity in our team. One thing's for sure - this group of players won't ever forget this game, and it might pay dividends for the women's senior team later on down the line.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 20, 2014, 04:58:57 AM »
Soca Princesses collapse - World Cup dreams crash at final hurdle
T&T Guardian

T&T’s dream of becoming the first team to represent the Caribbean at the Fifa Under-20 Women’s World Cup came to bitter end in the Cayman Islands, yesterday, when the Soca Princesses suffered a heartbreaking 7-3 defeat in overtime to Costa Rica in the third-place play-off of the Concacaf Under-20 Women’s Championship.

This was a result of a tired second-half performance from the team which closed the first half with a 3-1 lead. In fact, the T&T team which stormed to a two-goal lead by the half-hour mark, courtesy of a classy brace from Anique Walker, before she drifted out of the match, showed signs of slowing down. Khadisha Debesette, did, however, score the goal of the match, a blistering effort midway into the Costa Rica half, but it seemed only to invite a more determined response from Costa Rica.

Without taking too many risks, Costa Rica patiently capitalised against a tired looking T&T, who ran out of steam in the last 20 minutes of regulation time.

Costa Rica pulled a second goal back in the 71st minute from Yesmi Rodriguez Talavera, at which point a total collapse was imminent.

Second-half substitute Michelle Montero beat on a messy T&T defence with four minutes left to take the match into extra-time.

Another second-half substitute Nicole Araya Munoz scored two simple goals in the first half of overtime, before Katheryn Arroyo and Benavidez Arguedas put the match to rest with one item each in the closing moments. T&T never looked likely to reply to Costa Rica’s second-half efforts as most plays were broken down in the final third of the pitch, unlike that from T&T’s energetic showing in the first half-hour.

As a result of its deserved victory, Costa Rica joined finalists, USA and Mexico as the teams to represent Concacaf in August’s 2014 Fifa Under-20 Women’s World Cup in Canada. The two finalists were in action in the second match which concluded after press time last evening.

Results:
Concacaf Under-20 Women’s Championship

Third place play-off result

Costa Rica 7 (Daphne Herrera Monge 34th, Yesmi Rodriguez Talavera 71st, Michelle Montero 86th, Nicole Araya Munoz 94th, 96th, Katheryn Arroyo 115th, Benavidez Arguedas 120th+1) v T&T 3 (Anique Walker 16th, 28th, Khadisha Debesette 42nd)

Teams:

Trinidad & Tobago: Keri Myers; Khadisha Debesette, Otisha David, Daniella Findley, Jonelle Warrick, Liana Hines, Brianna Ryce, Patrice Campbell (Donika Murray 75th), Khadidra Debisette, Anique Walker, Shenelle Henry.

Costa Rica: Mariela Fuentes; Mariana Benavidez Arguedas, Michelle Rodriguez Mendoza, Raquel Matarrita, Yesmi Rodriguez Talavera, Noelle Sanz Cale, Viviana Chinchilla, Gloriana Vega, Krista Chavarria Hernandez (Michelle Montero 47th), Daphne Herrera Monge, Jazmin Elizondo Villalobos (Nicole Araya Munoz 67th).

HEARTBREAK
T&T U-20s let 2-0 lead slip to lose 7-3
T&T Express

FOUR extra-time goals gave Costa Rica a come-from-behind 7-3 victory over Trinidad and Tobago in the third place playoff at the 2014 Concacaf Under-20 Women’s Championship last night at Truman Bodden Sports Complex in the Cayman Islands.

Substitutes Nicole Araya (94th, 96th) scored twice, Katheryn Arroyo (115th minute) got another and Mariana Benavidez (120th minute) struck a long-range free-kick, all in extra-time, as Costa Rica rallied to beat a dead tired Trinidad and Tobago team, which held a 2-0 lead in the first half.

The Caribbean team was just five minutes away from qualifying for a FIFA Women’s World Cup for the first time, when another Costa Rican substitute, Michelle Montero, capitalised on a defensive slip and put a low shot past T&T keeper Keri Myers in the 85th minute to end the regulation period in a 3-3 draw.

Costa Rica join already qualified United States and Mexico, who played the final later last night. A semi-finalist for the first time, Trinidad and Tobago finished fourth.

Led by two first half goals from captain Anique Walker, the T&T Soca Princesses led 3-1 at the half before Costa Rica rallied forcefully.

Walker (16th, 28th) gave Trinidad and Tobago a two-goal advantage in the first half hour, before right midfielder Daphne Herera took advantage of Jonelle Warrick’s weak clearance to pull Costra Rica back in the match at 2-1 in the 34th minute.

After a period of Costa Rica domination, the tide shifted again when T&T midfielder Khadisha Debesette beat Costa Rica keeper Mareiela Vasquez in the 42nd minute to make it 3-1 with a dipping volley from outside the penalty area.

Both Walker and Debesette were members of the Trinidad and Tobago team which hosted the 2010 Under-17 World Cup. Trinidad and Tobago had never previously reached a Concacaf age-group women’s semi-final.

Defender Yesmi Rodriguez later found the far corner on the second attempt to pull Costa Rica closer at 3-2 in the 71st minute, before Montero tied the match at 3-3.

With Costa Rica in full flight, Araya netted from inside the penalty area for a 4-3 lead in the 94th minute and two minutes later found the corner with a speculative chip to the top corner.

Physically imposing over their opponents, Trinidad and Tobago dominated the opening quarter-hour, despite surviving an early Costa Rica chance in the 10th minute through Gloriana Villalobos, who shrugged off T&T left-back Daniella Findlay, but could not pick out a teammate.

T&T took the lead when Walker found the corner with a low shot after being set up by right midfielder Shennel Henry and got her second when powerfully heading in a cross into the box, despite keeper Vasquez getting a touch.

Between Walker’s goals, T&T’s Patrice Campbell shaved the foot of the post with a low shot after stealing the ball from a defender.

Herera got Costa Rica closer at 2-1 by getting past both Findlay and goalkeeper Myers, but only scored when Warrick’s weak clearance went straight back at the Costa Rican attacker.

The Soca Princesses, though, were back in front again when Debesette’s 22-metre volley spectacularly dipped into the top of the net.

Costa Rica pressed early in the second half and forced a couple of good saves from T&T keeper Myers.
Trinidad and Tobago came close to scoring again when Campbell had a low shot cleared off the line by Raquel Matarrita in the 63rd minute with the Costa Rica keeper beaten.

Rodriguez and Montero then got late goals against a tiring Trinidad and Tobago squad to tie the match.
Costa Rica dominated the later stages against a very tired T&T team.

TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO:
1-Keri Myers; 8-Daniella Findley (10-Tsaianne Leander 112th), 14-Otisha David, 17-Jonelle Warrwick, 11-Khadidra Debesette , 6-Khadisha Debesette (7- Akilah Sparks, 57th), 3-Liana Hines, 9-Patrice Campbell (15 -Donika Murray, 75th), 4-Brianna Ryce, 13-Shenelle Henry, 19-Anique Walker (capt.)
Subs: 2-Tkeyah Phillips, 12-Shanisa Camejo ,7-Akilah Sparks,18-Emma Abdul, 15-Donika Murray,10-Tsaianne Leander, 20-Tenesha Palmer, 16-Summer Arjoon, 82)
Head Coach: Izler Browne
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 05:00:59 AM by Tiresais »

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 20, 2014, 05:28:54 AM »
Congrats to the girls! They played their hearts out. All blame should be placed on the TD and coach. Loss could be gleaned from the bench. You did not know who was in charge? Poor leadership and tactical awareness  and ability to manage players on field!
Do the right thing and tender  your resignations ! How long are we going to go along with this charade?

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 20, 2014, 06:17:41 AM »

Had to quote Elan's entire post because I think he's spot on.

The skipper, completely disappeared in the second half, tactics were poor, and it showed, at least in my opinion, how poor our coaching is, if at 3-1 up with 20 mins to go in a world cup do or die game, the coaching staff (i.e. big time TD), couldn't or didn't tell the team to see it out. Tired legs and delayed subs?

I liked this particular team, doesn't matter they were a female team, but they showed no heart.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 20, 2014, 07:42:20 AM »

he was doing that with our under 17's  in panama last year ...... and with the under 20 men .... who is incharge
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 20, 2014, 08:44:49 AM »
Elan summed it up perfectly.

We choke...Again.

Nuttin new and we don't learn anything from previous lessons from all age groups.

It have no hard luck leading 3-1 to collecting 7.

From small goal to WCQ...dat is shit.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 20, 2014, 09:58:37 AM »

I wonder if the men team had squandered such an opportunity if we would just resign ourselves to say hard luck. You would hear how shitty KJ is and how Bleeder only pulling stones. But is "girls" so that's okay they tried. 
[/quote]

This is an excellent comment. Just because it's a female team doesn't mean they get a free pass. Of course, I don't necessarily blame the girls for falling short. I think they always give everything they have and should be commended with their efforts. The problem is  that they don't have much to give. Our teams are constantly being set up to fail because they are not getting the necessary tools (proper training, facilities, quality opposition, etc) by the powers that be, in order to be competitive on an international level  :banginghead:. Without major improvements from the administrative side, the team will go no where.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 20, 2014, 10:15:17 AM »
I don't even know what to type...how much years now Anton Corneal has been at the helm of abject failure (this is just an observation, it will continue to be so until-well who the hell knows when?).

I really eh know what else to say nah...
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 20, 2014, 11:53:36 AM »
Really tough to lose like this, but hey it's football. If it was jus clear cut it wouldn't be so spectacular. For me though, have to give credit to Costa Rica, they never gave in, it was a great game, plenty goals. Better luck next time girls, nothing to be ashamed of, we played our best and lost.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 20, 2014, 12:46:40 PM »
I wonder if the men team had squandered such an opportunity if we would just resign ourselves to say hard luck. You would hear how shitty KJ is and how Bleeder only pulling stones. But is "girls" so that's okay they tried. 

If the men team had squandered that kind of lead they would be peppered with criticism by all of us , including me. TT men football is totally different from the women. They get most of the attention and resources. The men have been at this since 66. The U20s, since 74. So there is lots more football for men at this type of competition. The women been playing at this compettion for about 15 yrs or so. They show some progress with Pellerud. But then Jack fiasco buss, everything went downhill for the women's program. Right now allyuh could go on the USSF website and see all kinds of things for the women. All the regional women's programs and tournament. What the hell does TT women have.

Guys can run up in the savannahs and playing field and play all the football they want. Hence improving their sublime skills. Girls just kind do them kind of thing. The culture for girls football is structure and controlled by their schools. And how good are their school program. How good are their coaches. Where are the women coaches?

I eh dumping on the women's team as yet. The men go get blows because of the history of men football.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 20, 2014, 02:26:47 PM »
Not acceptable.  Oh Gosh learn to clear ball nah. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 20, 2014, 07:15:19 PM »
If you noticed, during the collapse the camera showed Anton bent over talking to Izler and Izler would not look at him, she did not acknowledge him.

He did the same thing with the U17 women's in JA late last year he showed up in JA and changed the whole plan that Marlon had the girls practicing and playing and they felt comfortable with.

You realize he around we teams and they under achieving but he getting promoted within CONCACAF and even FIFA.

1]; } ?>