March 28, 2024, 02:54:09 PM

Author Topic: U-20 Women's Team Thread.  (Read 103413 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 CFU Women's U-20 Championship Thread
« Reply #570 on: January 18, 2018, 01:27:22 PM »
Links ?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 18, 2018, 03:03:16 PM »
WATCH LIVE: Trinidad and Tobago Women’s U-20 vs Haiti. Kick-off at 5:30pm EST (6:30pm local aka Trini time)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Tg7Waylti08" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Tg7Waylti08</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 18, 2018, 04:32:15 PM »
LINEUP: Trinidad and Tobago vs Haiti

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 18, 2018, 04:41:23 PM »
GOOOAAAAALLLLL! Dennecia Prince gives Trinidad and Tobago Women’s U-20 a 1-0 lead over Haiti in the 3rd minute.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 18, 2018, 04:48:20 PM »
GOOOAAAAALLLLL! Kedie Johnson scores directly from a corner to give Trinidad and Tobago Women’s U-20 a 2-0 lead over Haiti in the 11th minute.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 18, 2018, 05:02:57 PM »
GOAL: Nerilia Mondesir pulls one back for Haiti in the 26th minute. Trinidad and Tobago 2-1 Haiti.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 18, 2018, 05:13:54 PM »
Scoreline is very flattering for T&T....we look good to collect about 5 goals at least! Poor defending, no midfield,can't string more than 2 passes together .....just poor. We'll be lucky to come away with a draw here.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 05:16:00 PM by Michael-j »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 18, 2018, 05:16:06 PM »
WATCH: Dennecia Prince gives Trinidad and Tobago Women’s U-20 a 1-0 lead over Haiti in the 3rd minute.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Eb67Y2saPJw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Eb67Y2saPJw</a>

WATCH: Kedie Johnson scores directly from a corner to give Trinidad and Tobago Women’s U-20 a 2-0 lead over Haiti in the 11th minute.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/K2s0ju4RT6w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/K2s0ju4RT6w</a>

WATCH: Nerilia Mondesir pulls one back for Haiti in the 26th minute.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EuAJAbn25kA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EuAJAbn25kA</a>

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 18, 2018, 05:16:26 PM »
How Shabazz does still get work.

No plans. No brands. And we ent going France.

Horrible viewing. T&T football at all levels is quite atrocious.

We up 2-1 by chance and flukes. It will not stay that way for long.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 18, 2018, 05:23:44 PM »
HALF-TIME: Trinidad and Tobago U-20 Women 2-2 Haiti. Goals for T&T by Dennecia Prince (3’) and Kedie Johnson (11’). Haiti’s goals by Nerilia Mondesir (26’, 45'+2).
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 05:27:46 PM by FF »

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 18, 2018, 05:25:40 PM »
I done  :cursing: Good luck for the rest of the tournament ladies....with Shabaaz at the helm you'll need it!

....Haiti playing some sweet football though...A world cup spot seems a real possibility for them!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 05:27:53 PM by Michael-j »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 18, 2018, 05:29:42 PM »
It's not just the lack of any recognizable cohesive game plan but the technical ability on display is shocking.
Either they have done a poor job identifying the best players or our development program is remedial at best.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 18, 2018, 05:31:09 PM »
Disagree about Haiti playing sweet. They are also poor but you can see they were prepared and we were not.
They have 2 decent players who are mobile and that is all it takes against this T&T side.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 18, 2018, 05:52:42 PM »
GOAL: Nerilia Mondesir get her hat-trick in the 53rd minute as Haiti U-20 Women take a 3-2 lead over Trinidad and Tobago.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: January 18, 2018, 05:55:35 PM »
WATCH: Nerilia Mondesir's second goal.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NmEddsSEZQ8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NmEddsSEZQ8</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 18, 2018, 06:15:05 PM »
WATCH: Nerilia Mondesir gets her hat-trick.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ELGAySpH-aw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ELGAySpH-aw</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 18, 2018, 06:28:26 PM »
FINAL: Nerilia Mondesir’s hat-trick earns Haiti U-20 Women a 3-2 come-from-behind victory over Trinidad and Tobago.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 18, 2018, 06:38:10 PM »
Oh my. That was the easy team that school us deh. Well the one positive for me was I only get to see the last 5 minutes.

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 18, 2018, 06:41:30 PM »
Disagree about Haiti playing sweet. They are also poor but you can see they were prepared and we were not.
They have 2 decent players who are mobile and that is all it takes against this T&T side.

FF with all due respect to you my fellow Caribbean friend, I don't know what game were you watching when you say you disagree that Haiti was playing sweet football. No Haiti was not playing poorly and Yes Haiti, I was playing sweet football. In fact very sweet football. Much respect to your girls, they played very hard but I really don't  even remember that T&T even took a shot at the Haitian goalie in the 2nd half. It was all Haiti in the second half. If it wasn't for some incredible save by your goalie , that game should really have been a 5-2 games not to mention several missed opportunities by Haiti in the first half. Haiti is really the U-20 Caribbean champion not Jamaica. Haiti girls were coached and told to allow 1 or two goals from JA and not to score so that they can finish second  in their group to avoid Mexico and USA  and assure to themselves a spot in T&T group .
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 09:05:56 PM by truehaitian »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 18, 2018, 06:46:25 PM »
Truehaitian. I lock off at half time. I was expecting 6-2 final score to Haiti.

The fact that it wasn't shows me they were as poor as in the first half. What you call sweet is because they were well prepared by the coach as well as the system in Haiti. To me they were still technically poor and will struggle against stronger teams.

It's all relative and it was a relatively strong performance against a shocking TNT team.

Good luck to your girls in the rest of the tournament. I look forward to them proving me wrong.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 18, 2018, 07:09:49 PM »
I think Shabazz need to travel a little bit and see what women's football )or football in general) is in other parts of the world. If he can't enter US, try small town Canada. His Guyana and TT experience just not cutting it. Not to be discouraging to the selectees, but he lied to y'all about being ready to take on the world.
ps: Now we have that out the way, where we go from here. Morace won't be back. How about a NA highschool coach for starters.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 07:11:52 PM by maxg »

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 18, 2018, 07:23:51 PM »
I think Shabazz need to travel a little bit and see what women's football )or football in general) is in other parts of the world. If he can't enter US, try small town Canada. His Guyana and TT experience just not cutting it. Not to be discouraging to the selectees, but he lied to y'all about being ready to take on the world.
ps: Now we have that out the way, where we go from here. Morace won't be back. How about a NA highschool coach for starters.
He had a qualified individual coaching our women for free and we let him go just when we were implementing a system, an individual who could've helped in identifying talent even if he wasn't coaching this team.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 18, 2018, 08:01:35 PM »
WATCH: Highlights of Trinidad and Tobago U-20 Women’s 2-3 loss to Haiti. #TRIvHAI #CU20W

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/DsoMEDHtgf0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/DsoMEDHtgf0</a>

WATCH: Flash Zone Interviews

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/glu8O7V9mFw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/glu8O7V9mFw</a>
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 08:04:04 PM by Tallman »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 18, 2018, 08:45:51 PM »
embarrassing at home

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #595 on: January 19, 2018, 04:45:09 AM »
T&T fall to Haiti in Concacaf opener.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago Under 20 Women’s head coach Jamaal Shabazz was an understandably disappointed man on Thursday night as his team surrendered a two-goal lead in what he described as  “dream star” in a 3-1 defeat to Haiti in Group A action at the Ato Boldon Stadium as action got going in the Concacaf Under 20 Women’s Championship.

“I think we had a dream start going two goals up but we lost to a more skillful, fitter, more aggressive Haiti team tonight,” Shabazz said in the post-match press conference.

“I think the girls gave an effort and certainly the Haitian team was a lot more aggressive, much  stronger and all in all this is reality. I think when they equalised they totally took over the game. In the second half we fought a little bit more but it was always gonna be a tough game against this Haitian team, it was never a walk in the park, it was always an established contest and all in all we’ve got to keep our heads up and come back fighting against Canada,” he added.

Asked how his team would correct their mistakes from the first game when they go into Saturday’s second match against Canada which defeated Costa Rica 3-1 earlier on Thursday, Shabazz responded:“

“We cant make magic in one day, the one day we have is to recover and recuperate for the game against Canada. Certainly having tasted the level of aggression and urgency in the game I think it will fire our girls to come out even harder against Canada”

“Well I think our players are hungry for it, they were very surprised by the speed and aggression of this Haitian team. I mean this was a very skillful, aggressive bunch and we cant take anything away from them and they outplayed us tonight and we cannot take anything away from them. I think our players are honest with themselves and they know we’ve got to come back against Canada and try our  best. Obviously we’ve got to swing some players around as we picked up a couple injuries tonight. We’ve had some good individual  performances and then we had some bad individual performances in the defence as well.”

“Certainly I think we will be, we had to swing them around tonight and at one time we played with three at the back,” Shabazz said in reference to whether his team will need to be rotated.

“At different intervals we had to move players around. This is a positive for our team, certainly they are versatile, I think though  we have got to show a lot more aggression, we’ve got to show a lot more belief in ourselves and focus on that moment.  I think one of the lessons we learnt tonight was that the score in the game is not the result in the game. The score in the game is what it is, the score in the game … the result in the game comes at the end and I think that was a big lesson for us to learn tonight.“

On Haiti scorer Nerilia Mondesir and whether T&T failed to deal with her as required on the evening, he added: “Well I think the individual received the ball from somewhere, you know, I don’t think any team at this point try to play man to man on any one player. She did well and she is one of the top players in the tournament.”

“Well for me I can’t get frustrated with the team, we continue to work and I think we came up against a top class striker and it’s one of the learning curves they will have to undergo. This player is a good player. Our strikers didn’t do badly as well eh, we saw Laurelle Theodore coming on and being a handful  but all in all I thought they came up against a very good striker and it was a learning curve for all  the defenders.”

“I thought we lost a little bit of confidence in terms of coming out very quickly and in terms of dropping deep when the ball was not under  pressure in the midfield and by staying high when the ball was not under pressure in the midfield we allowed that space behind our backs and we paid dearly for it. It is something we have got to adjust to in the game to come,” Shabazz stated.

Results

Costa Rica 1 (Catalina Estrada 27), Canada 3 (Jordan Huitema 49, 65, Gabby Carle 56), Group A, 4pm;

Trinidad and Tobago 2 (Dennecia Prince 3, Kedie Johnson 10), Haiti 3 (Nerilia Mondésir, 25, 45, 53), Group A, 6.30pm.

(Teams - by Wired868)

Trinidad and Tobago (4-4-2): 1.K’lil Keshwar (GK); 3.Shadi Cecily Stoute, 6.Shaunalee Govia (15.Asha James 79), 4.Natisha John (captain), 12.Jaasiel Forde (9.Lauren Theodore 59); 19.Chelcy Ralph (17.Alexis Fortune 39), 11.Ranae Ward, 13.Shenieka Paul, 14.Kedie Johnson; 10.Aaliyah Prince, 7.Dennecia Prince.

Unused substitutes: 20.Malaika Dedier (GK), 2.Crystal Molineaux, 5.Nathifa Hackshaw, 8.Megan Rampersad, 16.Kelsey Henry, 18.Brittney Williams.

Coach: Jamaal Shabazz

Haiti (4-1-4-1): 1.Kerly Theus (GK); 13.Rosianne Jean, 3.Naphtalie Northe, 4.Emeline Charles, 2.Ruthny Mathurin; 18.Melchie Dumunay; 8.Nelourde Nicolas (6.Betina Petit-Frere 70), 9.Sherly Jeudy (7.Melissa Shelsie Dacius 67), 5.Dougenie Joseph, 11.Roseline Eloussaint; 10.Nerilia Mondesir (captain).

Unused substitutes: 12.Naphtaline Clermeus (GK), 14.Rachelle Caremus, 15.Daniel Monique Etienne, 16.Taina Gervais, 17.Flero Dina Surpris, 19.Magdala Macean, 20.Dolores Jean Thomas.

Coach: Marc Collat (France)

Referee: Ekaterina Koroleva (USA)

Video - CU20W 2018: Trinidad & Tobago vs Haiti Highlights

RELATED NEWS

Soca Princesses struggle after taking lead.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

T&T’s Soca Princesses suffered a 3-2 defeat to Haiti in their opening match in Group A of the Concacaf Under-20 Women’s Championship at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva last night.

Jamaal Shabazz’s girls gave the fans hope with two early goals within the first ten minutes.

Dennecia Prince stormed down the right flank but her attempt to cross was blocked by Napthalie Northern in the fourth minute, but the ball rolled invitingly for her to fire a low left-footer into the far right corner of goalkeeper Kerly Theus for the opener.

Haiti however missed a golden opportunity to equalise when inspirational striker Nerilla Mondesir failed to direct her header on target when she was picked out unmarked from a rightside cross.

Instead the crowd was lifted to its feet when Kedie Johnson skilfully curled the ball past Theus leaping high in the air from a right side corner for the host second goal.

Despite their opening goals, however, the local girls failed to show organisation in both attack and defence, which the visitors enjoyed more on the night. And it was Mondesir who pulled a goal back after tormenting the T&T defence all night long, after she was served a pin-point cross from the right that she headed past goalkeeper Klil Keshwar in the 26th.

Four minutes later, Mondesir had only herself to blame for not equalising. The nippy striker out sprinted the T&T defence before going past Keshwar, but with the goal at her mercy, she lost her footing and failed to turn the ball into an empty net.

But she made amends for her earlier missed chance on the stroke of half-time when she collected unchallenged inside the T&T area before calmly slotting the ball past the on-rushing Keshwar for the equaliser.

After the break Mondesir gave the Haitians the lead for the first time, again using her pace and skill to get past her marker Shadi Cecily Stoute and then skipper Natisha John before blasting past Keshwar in the 54th minute. Keshwar would later keep out other attempts from Roseline Eloissaint and Keshwar in the remaining minutes.

T&T will now turn its attention to its next opponent which is Canada tomorrow.

Meanwhile, action continues today with Jamaica facing Mexico in the opening game at 4pm, while the USA will begin their quest for World Cup qualification against Nicaragua from 6:30pm.

Canada whips Costa Rica 3-1

In the opening game Canada came from a goal down to whip Costa Rica 3-1 courtesy a double from striker Jordyn Huitema.

Costa Rica opened the scoring in the 28th minute from Catalina Estrada who capitalized on the defensive blunder by Ashley Cathro by firing a low rightfooter past Rylee Foster which took them to the half with a 1-0 advantage.

The Canadians equalised soon after the break from a neat build up that sent Huitema galloping through from a lofted through ball in the 48th minute.

In the 53rd minute Huitema’s initial attempt from the spot kick was save but managed to fire in the rebound and then she completed the scoring in the 65th. Fabiana Solano scored for Costa Rica in the 57th.

Haiti down T&T 3-2.
By Nickolai Madray (Newsday).

In the second match of the double header at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva, during yesterday’s opening of the Women’s U-20 CONCACAF championships, hosts Trinidad and Tobago were humiliated by Haiti in-front of the home crowd. Nerilia Mondesir’s hat-trick inspired a comeback for the visiting team who found themselves 2-0 down in the first 12 minutes.

Trinidad and Tobago took the lead in the 4th minute after, Dennecia Prince, sent the crowd into a frenzy when she made room for herself by getting past her defender and curling the ball into the bottom left corner to open scoring. In the 11th minute, the home team doubled the lead thanks to Kedie Johnson finding the back of the net from a corner kick. Attempting to swing the ball to the far post, Johnson saw her effort curling into the top corner where the Haitian goalkeeper, Kerly Theus, had no chance of stopping the ball.

Haiti then pulled a goal back in the 26th minute when, captain Nerilia Mondesir, got on the end of a cross and headed the ball into the net. Her team-mate, midfielder Sherly Jeudy, could have equalised in the 34th minute after she rounded the local custodian, Klil Keshwar, but miss-kicked the shot and gave the defender time to clear the ball off the goal-line. Haiti then had another opportunity to equalise, however, the referees called offside to deny the visitors.

The persistent Haitians got their reward on the stroke of half time when Mondesir found the equaliser via a low shot. After the half-time interval, Mondesir completed her hat-trick in the 54th minute, and turned the score around by gliding past the Trinibagonian defence and slotting the ball into the goal. Chances were in the minimum after Mondesir’s third as the scores remained 3-2 in favour of until the final whistle. The Player-of-the-Match award went to the Haitian captain, Mondesir, for her performance on the field.

After yesterday’s match, T&T will play Canada tomorrow at 6.30 pm, before playing their final group match against Costa Rica on Monday at 6.30 pm. The entire tournament will be held at the Ato Boldon Stadium.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 04:50:52 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 19, 2018, 06:23:58 AM »
WATCH: Post-match comments from Head Coach Jamaal Shabazz following Trinidad and Tobago U-20 Women’s 3-2 loss to Haiti.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/M-_3ZzvLub4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/M-_3ZzvLub4</a>

Offline RichGFootball

• ....formerly Richard G. I'm not a newbie. Just new-ish from since Mpurcell days
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 19, 2018, 11:57:44 AM »
Good afternoon. I'll be in Trinidad for tmr's U20 qualifying matches and would like some assistance getting to and from Ato Bolden. I'll be in the POS-ish area. 776-1367...Thanks.

Richard G.
Trinidad and Tobago 1st
Everyone else is 2nd

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 19, 2018, 02:44:08 PM »
Happy New Year Guys and Gals.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 19, 2018, 07:51:36 PM »
A couple questions
1) When have Shabazz ever performed? Same song and dance. We always ready.
2) How come Countries like Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Venezuela, etc are out pacing us?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>