April 26, 2024, 01:27:44 AM

Author Topic: Soccer College Scholarships  (Read 2643 times)

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Soccer College Scholarships
« on: December 13, 2005, 08:11:09 AM »
I am a true Trini and one who always tries to give back when and how I can.. I am involved with numerous Colleges throughout the East Coast of the United States and I provide opportunities for soccer scholarships.

This is an offer to any young man or woman out there at home wanting a chance in obtaining part of their dream. There are NO STRINGS attatched!! You would have to email me with your desire then I would set up a telephone interview, if everything goes well you will have tryouts and once selected, the ball is in your court from there.

Anyone interested can email me at pacemaster02@aol.com

Thanks for your time.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Re: Soccer College Scholarships
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 08:30:33 AM »
Okay if you are a true trini then you know that we are always weary of ppl trying smart tricks. So answer this question now before it get out of hand. Lets say I did the inteview and you how and where would the tryouts be. Are they going to be here local? If it is in the US. Am I going to have to pay my cost to get there? What schools are you associated with and do you have any info that I can use to assure me that you a ligit. What cost may I say may arise if I should be selected.

I am not asking this for myself but for the youth in Trinidad that we must protect from the many Wolves on the outside.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 09:24:48 AM »
Actually I would suggest that people interested in colleges make videotapes of themselves first, try to get as many games as possible on tape. Create a football resume with references. Playing for a college/university is also pretty much dependent on both your academic and athletic prowess. If you're a good player schools will come a calling. If you have good grades and are a decent player you will get chances but understand what kind of scholarships are availbe to you. Coaches will lie to you. They may offer a scholarship for full tuition but room and board isn't included. Know the NCAA rules too.....they change from year to year.

Offline nitendo vinces(CF)

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 02:08:32 PM »
ok the expert is here on this

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 02:40:29 PM »
What about the level of soccer? Most players want to go to D1 schools.Being D1 does not mean the school would have a high level of soccer or play quality teams. There are a lot of good Trin players at crap schools and they play against crap teams. So one has to look at what level they want to be playing at. All D1 ain't equal.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 08:38:12 PM »
Ok to clear up some things.. I said anyone interested to email me.. everyone will seem to be an expert in this discussion and thats fine. However like I said once you email me with some particulars.. ie:name location etc.. I said I will conduct a telephone interview, from that interview you will be informed of the next steps etc etc..

I am involved with the followings colleges so you make up your mind and if you have doubts then I suggest you dont email me.. like i said before there are no strings attatched:

University of Alabama Huntsville
Alabama A&T
Union College
University of Ten.
University of North Carolina Charlotte
Duke University
Bryan College
Queens College
Wingate College

I was born and raised in a small village in South Trinidad and if I had the opportunities offered today I would have given anything.. I work with members of my village helping the under priviledge and giving youth the opportunities they deserve.

I by no means can do it all but I love my country and my people and will help those willing and honest enough to want it. I will not have my reputation tarnished so part of my interview is acquiring refrences etc etc. Discipline is the key.

Thanks for your time.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005, 10:17:59 PM »
 I would have really considered this offer but nothing don't come that easy....I don't believe that they will take players that easy ...even though you is a South man like myself....Anyhow bless

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 07:40:22 AM »
I would have really considered this offer but nothing don't come that easy....I don't believe that they will take players that easy ...even though you is a South man like myself....Anyhow bless

My friend you are right they don't take players that easy and they shouldn't.. That is why those interested need to have good grades as well as good references, discipline, and playing ability. I did not guarantee everyone a spot however if you meet the initial interview requests, chances are you will get in somewhere, they are always looking for good talent, and I believe we have some of the world's best natural talent.

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 08:25:30 AM »
Ok to clear up some things.. I said anyone interested to email me.. everyone will seem to be an expert in this discussion and thats fine. However like I said once you email me with some particulars.. ie:name location etc.. I said I will conduct a telephone interview, from that interview you will be informed of the next steps etc etc..

I am involved with the followings colleges so you make up your mind and if you have doubts then I suggest you dont email me.. like i said before there are no strings attatched:

University of Alabama Huntsville
Alabama A&T
Union College
University of Ten.
University of North Carolina Charlotte
Duke University
Bryan College
Queens College
Wingate College

I was born and raised in a small village in South Trinidad and if I had the opportunities offered today I would have given anything.. I work with members of my village helping the under priviledge and giving youth the opportunities they deserve.

I by no means can do it all but I love my country and my people and will help those willing and honest enough to want it. I will not have my reputation tarnished so part of my interview is acquiring refrences etc etc. Discipline is the key.

Thanks for your time.

Dude you sound suspect. "A small village in south Trinidad." which trini sound like that. I am talking from my military Inteligence experiance. You so far by the way you associate your self or represent yourself have shown me you are no good. Sorry but no good....
No Trini even if the left here at age 5 talks in this manner. and you still have not ansered my questions. Doh try runnin me around de bush. You SUSPECT. Answer meh gowd damn questions. I can make ah list ah schools and say I wok for dem. I dentify yourself. If you are ligit it shoud not be a problem for you do do so. Be proud to help your country

SUSPECT I TELL YUH SUSPECT >:( :yapping:   
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005, 08:38:06 AM »
You have questions to ask i gave you my email address.. email me and ask.. you seem to be looking for a debate on the forum and all i am trying to accomplish is helpping where and how i can.. like i said before if someone has doubts then dont email me ..

Everyone should be suspect, unfortunately that is the way society have led us.. so i am not against your comments, but if you truly want some questions answered I simply ask to email me.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005, 08:43:25 AM »
 You know what? It is a good thing that you are doing but my situation irreversible now i think.I might drop yuh a e-mail later...And I don't think that you suspect because yuh say that yuh from a small village in south because I froma small vill too

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2005, 09:15:33 AM »
You know what? It is a good thing that you are doing but my situation irreversible now i think.I might drop yuh a e-mail later...And I don't think that you suspect because yuh say that yuh from a small village in south because I froma small vill too
Yes you may be but you would name you village if you spoke about something like that like I was born in San Fernando or even grew up in Marabella. Wordage is everything.
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2005, 02:07:08 PM »
Okay he's okay I spoke with him online privately. If you are interested in what he has to offer. I think ut shoud be ok. HE'S NO :LONGER SUSPECT.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: He from claxton bay  :rotfl:
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2005, 02:18:02 PM »
Okay he's okay I spoke with him online privately. If you are interested in what he has to offer. I think ut shoud be ok. HE'S NO :LONGER SUSPECT.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: He from claxton bay  :rotfl:

I appreciate that, and I am also encouraging the ones that I am dealing with to post their experiences on here so others may see. My reward is in higher hands.. and to be more precise is St. Margarets I from.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2005, 02:20:25 PM »
Okay if you are a true trini then you know that we are always weary of ppl trying smart tricks. So answer this question now before it get out of hand. Lets say I did the inteview and you how and where would the tryouts be. Are they going to be here local? If it is in the US. Am I going to have to pay my cost to get there? What schools are you associated with and do you have any info that I can use to assure me that you a ligit. What cost may I say may arise if I should be selected.

I am not asking this for myself but for the youth in Trinidad that we must protect from the many Wolves on the outside.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2005, 02:23:24 PM »
Matador, the mistake you made was posting on this site, you should do like I do - I contact the players & their families, even their HS coaches you will be surprised  how receptive they are. I know of several Trinbagonians that do like you are doing , and I have only heard of a few "bad" situations. If you mean well - then go for it.

As the man said, he have military background - he train to suspect.  ;D ;D

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2005, 03:06:56 PM »
Big up Claxton Bay/ St Magarets...daz where i from...probably de only white boy living there buh daz no scene.....ANyways good looking out for the trini youths and dem by trying to link dem up wit schols etc
Back in Trini...

1]; } ?>