April 27, 2024, 11:44:03 AM

Author Topic: Just went to TTFF to check on tickets  (Read 13884 times)

Offline PEG

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Just went to TTFF to check on tickets
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2005, 03:39:32 PM »
Gentlemen,

Hope all is well.  I travel frequently and I am here to tell you that people are villifying the TTFF and Simpaul's unfairly.  I spoke to the TTFF and they have said that the $30k is for 4star accommodations for 12 nights including breakfast.  That is a little under $5kUS.  By comparison a 4 star hotel in LOndon in the summer would set you back about 200 pounds per night.  A 4 star hotel in Germany for the World Cup will be at a minimum of 200 to 250 euros or near to $400us. 12 nights would be near $US4800.  Plus tickets.  Where they are making money is through the group discounts.  So the $30k fee can by no way be considered unreasonable.  What I would do before i buy is ask where you staying to ensure that it is indeed 4 star.
Take this from someone who travels to Europe on business frequently, if you don't want to go the hostel/camping route, you are sadly mistaken if you believe that your Germany adventure will cost you less than $5k to $6kUS minimum.  Just an attempt to introduce rationality into the discussion

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2005, 03:44:05 PM »
Aye alyu cool it!how it is one minuite we blaming the ttff and a next time is Jack Warner,who is the one that says Gov't not giving money etc you see why he spends so much money is because he going to make it back.Gov't will not get involved because they have nothing to get or gain,imagine no one could account for WC tickets asigned to T&T,this is just the tip of the Iceburg and WC finals ain't star as yet,keep me posted there is more to come.
I missing my boy Nakhid right now.

Coop's the posters on this siteare incpable of seeing what you see ... remember in Trinidad a common site six in the morning is a stag in hand ... they always drunk down there and you can tell by some of the responses on this site.

This hadda be one of d stupidest post i see in a while...NC you a trini?

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2005, 03:44:30 PM »
Gentlemen,

Hope all is well.  I travel frequently and I am here to tell you that people are villifying the TTFF and Simpaul's unfairly.  I spoke to the TTFF and they have said that the $30k is for 4star accommodations for 12 nights including breakfast.  That is a little under $5kUS.  By comparison a 4 star hotel in LOndon in the summer would set you back about 200 pounds per night.  A 4 star hotel in Germany for the World Cup will be at a minimum of 200 to 250 euros or near to $400us. 12 nights would be near $US4800.  Plus tickets.  Where they are making money is through the group discounts.  So the $30k fee can by no way be considered unreasonable.  What I would do before i buy is ask where you staying to ensure that it is indeed 4 star.
Take this from someone who travels to Europe on business frequently, if you don't want to go the hostel/camping route, you are sadly mistaken if you believe that your Germany adventure will cost you less than $5k to $6kUS minimum.  Just an attempt to introduce rationality into the discussion

Horse you can go on with dat.
I book the Radisson downtwon Frankfurt a 5 star not 4 for $2500US for 12 nights. that is easy maths dey breds.  dat is $208 for 1 night or just over $100each split between meh pardna an me
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 03:47:40 PM by ricky »

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2005, 03:45:39 PM »
Peg !!

What shit yuh talking? They robbing ppl!!! FULL STOP

Wham dey feel everybody have 4 star and 5 star tastes? Who dey caterin for? Answer meh that eh!!

They robbing and raping ppl!!! .... Why we eh hear nutten about graded packages?   Eh different tier levels? They giwee $30,000.... take it or leave it!!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2005, 03:50:33 PM »
Gentlemen,

Horse you can go on with dat.
I book the Radisson downtwon Frankfurt a 5 star not 4 for $2500US for 12 nights. that is easy maths dey breds.  dat is $208 for 1 night or just over $100each split between meh pardna an me

aye Ricky..i was looking at that Radisson too..that was a good deal to me..saw it on expedia..but i going to book through the hotel website..it bound to be even cheaper..ah hope to get them game tickets thing sorted out soon.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2005, 04:08:24 PM »
peg, you f'king nearly trip me off here this evening yuh know.  So nothing wrong that simpauls could guarantee people a ticket to the world cup games, when the rest of the WORLD  have to wait in a lottery?  everything above board?  Boy, you lucky is trinidad you dealin in where everybody does let everything slide...cuz you woulda hang by the neck till dead if I was in charge.  And then I woulda kick yuh in yuh head for talking so much shit.

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2005, 04:24:09 PM »
Magician...yuh could verify which category of tickets the TTFF will be distributing, package or otherwise????

Thanks

Offline PEG

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2005, 04:26:27 PM »
Sorry to interject a little sense into the discussion.  A few points:
1.  You cannot get a 5 star hotel in Germany anytime of the year for $US2500 for 12 nights in Germany farless for World Cup season.  I have done my own checking for 5 star accomodations  and per night at 5 star hotels start at 450 euros per night ($US800) during WC2006
2.  I made no comment as to whether it's fair that Simpaul offering tickets in their package while you cant get tickets to buy singly.  I merely said that for the price what Simpaul is offering is not unreasonable.
3. Anyone who does their homework will realize that $US5k for 12 days in Germany inclusive of tickets is not unreasonable.  Instead of being emotive do the research.  That's why i took a vacation from this board - people talk without any facts to back up what they are saying and want to get under the collar.  

I urge anybody to show me a 4 star hotel that is charging less than 200 euros a night for the WC2006, I want to be proved incorrect by facts not ole talk

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2005, 04:28:38 PM »
Why alyuh acting surprised, this is TT

ALyuh moving like yuh never went licencing office and search for yuh name in one of them big book.

In fact doe even pray to make a report in a police Station because they will put yuh name in a copy book same speed.

and not just a Trinpad single line copybook eh...........is the one with the Red and Blue lines where yuh now learning to write lower and uppercase letters.

Alyuh feel is joke, man prefer to count on finger and use abacus instead of upgrading to a calculator.

Oh and PEG doe study nobody and get vex. Keep on posting who ent like it too bad.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 04:33:12 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2005, 04:33:24 PM »
aye mr world traveller, you wanna see my hotel bill confirmation?
What part of i book and paid already yuh dont understand??
in case you wondering about the quality of the hotel here the link
http://www.frankfurt.radissonsas.com/

Bottom line TTFF at those prices are charging about $3000 for match tix oh i cyah forget d nice bag we suppose to get tho  ::)
end of story, if you eh want to believe dat is your choice
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 05:00:43 PM by ricky »

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2005, 04:38:05 PM »
Sorry to interject a little sense into the discussion.  A few points:
1.  You cannot get a 5 star hotel in Germany anytime of the year for $US2500 for 12 nights in Germany farless for World Cup season.  I have done my own checking for 5 star accomodations  and per night at 5 star hotels start at 450 euros per night ($US800) during WC2006
2.  I made no comment as to whether it's fair that Simpaul offering tickets in their package while you cant get tickets to buy singly.  I merely said that for the price what Simpaul is offering is not unreasonable.
3. Anyone who does their homework will realize that $US5k for 12 days in Germany inclusive of tickets is not unreasonable.  Instead of being emotive do the research.  That's why i took a vacation from this board - people talk without any facts to back up what they are saying and want to get under the collar.  

I urge anybody to show me a 4 star hotel that is charging less than 200 euros a night for the WC2006, I want to be proved incorrect by facts not ole talk

Breds you need to cool it. There are 5 star hotels in Frankfurt (one of the most expensive cities) for 200+ a night. If yuh want proof look on SPG.com which includes the Sheraton, Westin etc.

The TTFF robbing ppl, doh care how yuh want to swing it.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2005, 04:38:36 PM »
peg, you shouda stay away from the board a little longer.

I mean, you want us to focus on the good price for a four star hotel, while simpauls smuggling OUR WORLD CUP TICKETS.  Let's just not pay attention to that, and look over here.

you must be the PR for them bastards.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2005, 04:53:51 PM »
Sorry to interject a little sense into the discussion.  A few points:
1.  You cannot get a 5 star hotel in Germany anytime of the year for $US2500 for 12 nights in Germany farless for World Cup season.  I have done my own checking for 5 star accomodations  and per night at 5 star hotels start at 450 euros per night ($US800) during WC2006
2.  I made no comment as to whether it's fair that Simpaul offering tickets in their package while you cant get tickets to buy singly.  I merely said that for the price what Simpaul is offering is not unreasonable.
3. Anyone who does their homework will realize that $US5k for 12 days in Germany inclusive of tickets is not unreasonable.  Instead of being emotive do the research.  That's why i took a vacation from this board - people talk without any facts to back up what they are saying and want to get under the collar. 

PEG all you did was interject NONsense into the discussion.  A couple points because you seem to like maths

1. The latest exchange rate is around 1.2 US to 1 euro.  You mentioned 250 euros per night for a four star hotel that is more like $300US not $400US.  The difference adds up over 12 days.

2. The $30,000 TT is PER PERSON based on DOUBLE OCCUPANCY!!  Have you ever come across that term in all your world travels?  They are collecting $60,000TT for 2 people to SHARE ONE HOTEL ROOM!!  That is almost $10,000 US to cover ONE room for 12 nights less 6 match tickets at $100 euro each.

So you still think Simpauls price is in no way unreasonable?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 05:00:36 PM by arrow »

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2005, 04:59:04 PM »
PEG all you did was interject NONsense into the discussion.  A couple points because you seem to like maths

1. The latest exchange rate is around 1.2 US to 1 euro.  You mentioned 250 euros per night for a four star hotel that is more like $300US not $400US.  The difference adds up over 12 days.

2. The $30,000 TT is PER PERSON based on DOUBLE OCCUPANCY!!  Have you ever come across that term in all your world travels?  They are collecting $60,000TT for 2 people to SHARE ONE HOTEL ROOM!!  That is almost $10,000K US to cover ONE room for 12 nights less 6 match tickets at $100 euro each.

So you still think Simpauls price is in no way unreasonable?

Thank you Arrow... I thought it was plain for all to see that they was charging $60,000 ah room. That is damn blasted boldfaceness right dey!!!

So everybody bend over one time cuz we getting fawk  :'(

Like meh brother say God go deal with dem yes!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2005, 10:42:05 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

peg doh study it i get cuss out in 3 seperate threads and i still here
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2005, 06:31:38 AM »
I just called the TTFF, I spoke to a guy named Peter Rampersad and he said tickets will be available to the public, however I suspect limited, he took my info and said a committe is being set up and they'll call me on Friday.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2005, 09:19:58 AM »
Similar situation here, I called and spoke to the same gentleman and made my "reservation", he said that they (the organizing committee) will call me next week at the # provided.  He indicated that overseas #s would not be called, so local numbers had to be provided......
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2005, 09:52:15 AM »
why Jack Warner saying we getting 4% of the tickets? This is 4% after he give the rest to Simpaul's or 4% after he sell the rest to the England FA?

This man real f*****g nasty boy. how he go sell out he country so??? where it say that a country get allocation based on size or population? if that is the case, China shoulda have more tickets than everybody at the last WC.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/sports3.html
1,300 to 1,500 tickets per match for T&T team

A total of close to 4,500 tickets will be made available to the T&T Football Federation through Fifa, for purchase by supporters of the Soca Warriors for the three Group B World Cup matches in Germany next year.

Contrary to reports that T&T would be entitled to 15,000 tickets, Warner noted that for every first round match, T&T players will be allotted between 4 per cent and eight per cent of the total number of tickets available for the matches.

And with T&T games against England, Sweden and Paraguay scheduled for Stadiums that house close to 40,000 persons, fans of the Soca Warriors will have access to close to 1,500 per match.

With respect to travel arrangements, Warner made it clear that Simpaul Travel Service was the official travel agent for T&T supporters wanting to go to Germany.

“Already, two flights have been booked, with 150 persons each, from Washington to go to Germany.”

In thanking the supporters who made the trip with the team to Bahrain for the second-leg World Cup play-off match, Warner said they would have first preference on the chartered arrangements for Germany.

“The 264 persons who went with us to Bahrain shall be given first choice on the charter packages, on a first-come first-serve basis—but up to a stated time frame.”

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2005, 10:31:32 AM »
why Jack Warner saying we getting 4% of the tickets? This is 4% after he give the rest to Simpaul's or 4% after he sell the rest to the England FA?

This man real f*****g nasty boy. how he go sell out he country so??? where it say that a country get allocation based on size or population? if that is the case, China shoulda have more tickets than everybody at the last WC.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/sports3.html
1,300 to 1,500 tickets per match for T&T team

A total of close to 4,500 tickets will be made available to the T&T Football Federation through Fifa, for purchase by supporters of the Soca Warriors for the three Group B World Cup matches in Germany next year.

Contrary to reports that T&T would be entitled to 15,000 tickets, Warner noted that for every first round match, T&T players will be allotted between 4 per cent and eight per cent of the total number of tickets available for the matches.

And with T&T games against England, Sweden and Paraguay scheduled for Stadiums that house close to 40,000 persons, fans of the Soca Warriors will have access to close to 1,500 per match.

With respect to travel arrangements, Warner made it clear that Simpaul Travel Service was the official travel agent for T&T supporters wanting to go to Germany.

“Already, two flights have been booked, with 150 persons each, from Washington to go to Germany.”

In thanking the supporters who made the trip with the team to Bahrain for the second-leg World Cup play-off match, Warner said they would have first preference on the chartered arrangements for Germany.

“The 264 persons who went with us to Bahrain shall be given first choice on the charter packages, on a first-come first-serve basis—but up to a stated time frame.”

I think he meant the players are getting 4% - 8% of the amount of our allotment.

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2005, 10:41:59 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: You looking to get cuss from ppl like FF with that one.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 11:01:39 AM by Tallman »

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2005, 03:41:28 PM »
how does trinidad and tobago fans end up with 1,500 f.a. tix per game! where are the other tickets going?? 8% of the stadium capacities for our venues should equal 3,000 tix per game. how do the fans end up with HALF that amount! that is highway robbery! tnt fans can filll those venues in no time,too. how much is jack sellin to the flickkin english!

i find it ironic that the man who gets praise, and bigs himself up for being so genrous with his money is now being so damn cheap during the most important and exciting time in our country's footballing history. We have sponsors coming on jack, new sponsors and all. why are you trying to squeeze a few thousand euros at the expense of your fans during the World Cup, jack! as if your 'official' team ticket distributor, simpaul, was not highway robbery enough.
Hart for president

truetrini

« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2005, 04:06:13 PM »
Peg yuh back and in true form.

let me ask yuh dis..yuh still feel dat jack cleanly parlayed his influence into millions ent?

hahahahahahaha

welcome back..doh stay away.....yuh give meh ah real tabanca dey boy is years.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2005, 05:54:14 PM »
Where allyuh get this story bout selling to the english FA.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2005, 08:03:43 PM »
9000 multiplied by 1000 euro= 9 000 000 euro or US in the ttff pocket, approx about 7-8 mill, lets say, dis is what jack gettin from selling it to de english, at de expense of our fan support, he could haul he ass

i dont think 9000 is an even close to  correct number.
Hart for president

Offline naparima

• <Insert Interesting Comment Here>
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Rishi Travelogue
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2005, 10:37:10 PM »
PEg and Ricky are right in the amounts.....
13 nights downtown Frankfurt costing me and meh padna 2300 Euros (2800 CAN) at a 4 star hotel.... but still 30k just for tickets and a hotel...still a rip off...sorry to say ---
<Blurb> Insert Text
</Blurb>

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2005, 02:54:19 AM »
Okay when talking to FIFa she did mention to me. They have space alocatied for press minused from stadium capacity. then 8% of that is alocated to each country

Dortmund Capacity for games = 50,768
Minus Press and dignitaries room approx 10,000= 40,768
Trinidad Ticket share = 8% of 40,768 = 3261 Tickets to Trinbago Fans

Kaiser Stadiun Cap = 37,084
minus Press and dig... = 8000aprox =29084
Trinbago Ticket share = 8% of 29084 = 2327 Tickets

Nuremberg Stadium cap = 32,341
minus press and digs = 10,000
Trinbago Ticket share = 8% of 22341 = 1787 Tickets

Total ticket alotted to Trinidad for all games 1787
                                                            + 3261

Please note that press and digs are a closs estimate She told me those numbers are pretty close though. 

« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 07:09:42 AM by Themanfriday »
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2005, 06:39:59 AM »
we playing in kaiserslautern     .... not frankfurt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2005, 07:10:04 AM »
Edited. Thankyou for that catch
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline gony

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/lockigermany/
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2005, 08:08:46 AM »
hey mrs friday. i go to that place at 7
will call you befor
think about the exact renting date
means. we start at.......... until..............
take a napp know and will call you on 6-30

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2005, 08:13:34 AM »
hey mrs friday. i go to that place at 7
will call you befor
think about the exact renting date
means. we start at.......... until..............
take a napp know and will call you on 6-30

but what de!!!!!
look you lucky ah cool wit yuh  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Mrs friday :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

By Mrs Gony
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo