March 28, 2024, 09:54:44 AM

Author Topic: Clayton Ince fears end of World Cup dream.  (Read 1768 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Clayton Ince fears end of World Cup dream.
« on: December 14, 2005, 07:00:19 AM »
Clayton Ince fears end of World Cup dream.
By: Andy Turner (Coventry Telegraph).

Second-Choice goalkeeper Clayton Ince is set for crisis talks with manager Micky Adams to discuss his future at Coventry City.
The Trinidad and Tobago international is desperate to play against England in the World Cup , but he knows he needs to be playing first team football to have any chance of going to Germany next summer.
And after featuring in just one league game so far this season, the 29-year-old admits he has got to look at getting away from the club if he is not in the Sky Blues' plans.
"I am very disappointed about not playing for Coventry right now," said Ince.
"The manager has his reasons and I have to sit down and talk with him to see whether or not I have an opportunity here or whether I have to go out and find somewhere to play.
"I want to play football and I need to be playing games so that I can have a chance of going to Germany. So I need to find out what the manager's decision is.
"If he doesn't want me to play then I need to play at some level, so I will maybe ask for a loan to get me out and playing games."
Ince is particularly disappointed that he wasn't given more than one senior game to prove himself when Stephen Bywater was recalled to West Ham and then Marton Fulop drafted in from Spurs.
"I have only had one start at Coventry and for me it wasn't that disappointing a performance," he said recalling the 2-1 defeat at Leicester City, "but I was disappointed that the manager brought in someone else to take my position. I think that had I been given a good run I could have done better.
"So I thought it was pretty harsh of the manager to just give me one game before deciding whether or not to bring in someone else, so I need to talk with him and let him know that one game wasn't good enough to analyse anyone. And if he doesn't see me in his plans then I need to go somewhere else."
As for the World Cup draw, Ince is under no illusions to the task his tiny nation faces but insists they are not there to make up the numbers.
"Once you get into the World Cup draw you have the chance of getting any superior team and unfortunately we have got England," he said.
"But we just have to go there and play football. It is a strange game sometimes and any team can win on their day.
"It will be a huge occasion for Trinidad and Tobago and we don't want to disappoint our country. We will be going there and trying to put our best foot forward and looking at our own performance to ensure that we don't get embarrassed, and don't let our country and families down.
"We also want to enjoy it and we are certainly not just going to make up the numbers. As long as we give a good account of ourselves it will be good for the country."
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 09:09:24 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

truetrini

Re: Clayton Ince fears end of World Cup dream
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 07:10:52 AM »
Imps thinking right...he didn't do dat earlier when he "resign."  ah hope de rest ah dem keep dehself grounded and work hard.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 07:15:27 AM »
He better do that else T Warner will huff his Bench Spot..
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 07:48:04 AM »
and t warner playin epl ball on a regular basis
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 08:21:13 AM »
He better do that else T Warner will huff his Bench Spot..

Dat is EXACKLEE why he gettin so much horrors.  If we wasn't in no World Cup, he woulda be singin a different tune sayin politically correck ting like he go be determined to reclaim he place and commited to Coventry etc etc etc.  Now he sayin he need to play in order to get pick to go Germany?  If I was he manager, I woulda tell he "WTF dat have to do wit me and Coventry?"

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

TrinInfinite

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 08:23:23 AM »
lol, he desperate now or wha? he better wuk hard, everyone on de team better work hard, bc it look like only a few spots guaranteed and de ress up for grabs, our team will b a dangerous squad when de dust clears wit all de changes, mark my words, warner will get de nod, iz a fellin ah have

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 09:07:19 AM »
"Once you get into the World Cup draw you have the chance of getting any superior team and unfortunately we have got England," he said.

Ince is the first player say it is unfortunate to be playing England. No wonder the man does get called Imps ???

Funny how now every player gettin ambition on. He use to sit on Crewe bench for months and not complain. Matter of fact most ah we player barring players like Stern and Dwight use to be comfortable just ridin the pine. Now men coming out the woodwork.

Hardest say he want in.....at first when he name wasn't called he say he just rest back.  :rotfl: lol typical trini move but good to see he bussin he a$$ to make it.

Ah hope Warner come on board to light ah fire under the a$$ ah anybody who thinking they comfortable that they in the World Cup team. And if Zamora and Samuel weren't idiots and show loyalty earlier for T&T they woulda be in the mix....but I want them in there if only to keep other players on they toes because we culture is one that we does be to comfortable in whatever position we find we self in.

Men coming out the woodwork to play for T&T at the last minute....that alone he proof dey Trini.
Buh say wah better late than never.

Germany we comin to buss dem net dem and dem gyal dem. GET READY.

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Clayton Ince fears end of World Cup dream.
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 09:14:24 AM »
Now that we in England Group. Is a set of games go be playing.  We better get used to our boys playing in England being totally screwed up by the time world cup reach. It could go two ways. They will either play them plenty so they could check them out (and they have to brakes for deliberate breakup) Or is plenty bench to keep them rusty.
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 09:29:51 AM »
I agree with that. They will do all they can to try and beat us. But we must use it as fuel. an bun dem
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005, 09:35:41 AM »
Good move Ince.

Wonder if our players should do this kinda talking even without WC coming up.

Maybe Stern should do the same.....ask for a loan or something cuz he not even making bench.
Edit:  Is only now I see Stern still at Derby on loan.  I thought he went back to Coventry already.  I eh quite understand why you would take a player on loan and not even put him on the bench for 7 matches straight...why kinda sabotage business is that   :-\
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 09:48:09 AM by dcs »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005, 11:43:06 AM »
Ince better do what he doing.  Ah know we ain't taking four keepers to Germany, and if Warner is in the mix, somebody getting left home.  This is ah business, and we have to strive for copetition and continuous improvement.

1]; } ?>