April 28, 2024, 08:25:23 AM

Author Topic: West Ham, Leeds, Coventry look at Carlos Edwards.  (Read 2292 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
West Ham, Leeds, Coventry look at Carlos Edwards.
« on: March 11, 2005, 04:51:19 AM »
West Ham, Leeds, Coventry look at Carlos Edwards.
By: fleX

Wrexham winger Carlos Edwards has played down speculation linking him with a move away from the Racecourse. The 26-year-old talented Trinidad & Tobago international has reportedly been watched by championship sides West Ham United, Leeds United and Coventry City.
However, Edwards maintains that the media interest surrounding his future does not affect him.
"In the past I've been told there are clubs interested in me and sniffing around but it doesn't affect me," said Edwards.
"As one of the better-known players at the club it's something that I've had to get used to, but I've never let it get on top of me. "If I have to leave Wrexham, then fine but until then I'm concentrating on Wrexham and trying to keep us up," he added.
Meanwhile, Dundee have just been granted dispensation to sign former Motherwell and Kilmarnock goalkeeper Francois Dubourdeau following injury to Trinidad & Tobago international Kelvin Jack. The Scottish based Jack has been jinx by injury since joining Dundee.
Cornell Glen who is currently in Spain on pre-season training with his new club FC Dallas is also nursing an ankle sprain. Unfortunately, Cornell has been injured for the most part of his stay with us in Spain. Like I said before, we will be looking to add a couple more bodies to strengthen our look at the forward position, added head coach Colin Clarke." Despite being injured Glen still had the chance to meet up with his international team-mate Derek Phillips during his time in Spain. FC Dallas defeated Phillip's new club Shamrock Rovers of Ireland's First Division by a 1-0 score line last Monday.
More news, young inspirational midfielder Denzil Theobald is also out injured and could miss Trinidad and Tobago’s next World Cup qualifier against Guatemala on March 26th and possible the home game against Costa Rica 4 days later. The talented midfielder has fractured his left instep and his foot will be in a cast for 10-12 days. “Yes I am disappointed, but I am always one to look at things in a positive light, but yes I would have certainly liked to play against Guatemala especially after having a good game against the USA, but I guess that’s how it is sometimes, ended Theobald.” After getting better though, Theobald is expected to jet off to England to pursue a trial spell after being invited by English Championship League Division club Queens Park Rangers. He says he is enjoying his stint with Caledonia AIA Fire, but says if a overseas contract comes his way he will welcome it with open arms,” says Theobald.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 07:06:38 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
Re: West Ham, Leeds, Coventry look at Carlos Edwards.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 06:46:00 AM »
I think even if Wrexham beat the drop Carlos should move on.I think that West Ham would be good move, Leeds would be a decent move also.
tell them it was me

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: West Ham, Leeds, Coventry look at Carlos Edwards.
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 06:50:58 AM »
I agree, West Ham or Leeds are great clubs. Wrexham have been great but they should take advantage of Edwards offer and sell him before he walks on a bossman ruling, besides, they need the money more than anything else at this stage. Moving to those clubs you mentioned will only get Carlos better, he needs to play at a higher level.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>