April 28, 2024, 10:44:30 PM

Author Topic: Jamaica beat Guatemala  (Read 3755 times)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jamaica beat Guatemala
« on: April 20, 2005, 08:10:32 PM »
on a Luton Shelton goal. Guatemala rested Ramirez and Ruiz for this game, while Jamaica sported a team made up of 100% NPL players.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaica beat Guatemala
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 08:15:51 PM »
luton shelton always scoring and no trial for teh youngster in england holland or france
 knewyne jones went out on trial  around this time last year
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 08:39:55 PM »
is  the  exact same guatemalan  team minus thier two satr players that you all played against reggae fan
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tillamawnin

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 08:51:03 PM »
Not exactly an all out NPL team Reggae Fan. Kansas City Wizards' Khari Stephenson was in the team. He was the only player who plays outside of Jamaica.

I think T&T should do better when they next play Guatemala. Not many people realize that playing in Guatemala City is really playing at high altitude. I think this had its effect on the T&T players as I do not think they are 4 goals better than any of the top CFU teams.
There is nothing better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time.

Malcolm X

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 09:44:55 PM »
BENHAKKER CLAIMS PLAYING AT ALTITUDE IS ALL A MATTER OF PERCEPTION

HOPEFULLY WE CAN GET IT OUT OF OUR HEADS
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 04:40:28 AM »
Best JA did play they local team vs USA, Panama and El Salvador they might have been here with their big brothers.

I am sure GUA used a local team also.

World Cup football is a different ball game RF, dont let that result fly to your head.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I know its a hard pill to swallow Sam
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 06:29:24 AM »
Especially seeing that this same Guatemalan squad, save for two players(Ruiz, Ramirez), just put 5 past Shaka Hislop. And who are the big brothers you speak about? I have said this before, and I'll say it again, the likes of Honduras and Jamaica will beat many of these Hex teams in the Gold Cup. No disrespect to Trinidad, but Panama, Guatemala and T&T being in the Hex has made it an easy passage to the World cup for Mexico, USA and Costa Rica. If JAmaica could use a 99% local squad from their domestic leagues to win the Caribbean trophy, as well as beat the 3rd place team in the Hex, then it says something about the quality of the Hex this time round.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005, 06:39:58 AM »
Bull shit mother f**ker.,,,, I was waiting for yuh...

This was they line up vs JA.

Miguel Klee, Pablo Melgar, Gustavo Cabrera (M. Gonzalez 60), Angel Sanabria, Fredy Thompson, Gonzalo Romero, Mario Rodriquez (M. Davila 46), Carlos Figueroa, (C. Castiillo 60), Dwight Pezzarossi (H. Sandoval 60) Juan Carlos Plata (Erick Diaz 78).

ALL local players and only 4 played against T&T (Pablo Melgar, Carlos Figeuroa, Fredy Thompson and Dwight Pezzarossi).

So go suck yuh prick......

If yuh so f**king good, why JA not in de final six.... allyuh have nothing to prove or play for now, so off course yuh team go play comfortable... allyuh couldn't even beat El Salvador in JA and Panama too... with yuh so call big team....

When we play JA in de caribbean cup we had 4 injuries and we played allyuh with a C team,,, St Clair was up to his experiments again.... de main thing is, allyuh not in de world cup now so stop feeling sorry for your team and begging to redeem yuhself... aim for de gold cup, ah bet yuh GUA will buss allyuh ass then...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 06:41:53 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I know its a hard pill to swallow Sam
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2005, 06:52:14 AM »
No disrespect to Trinidad, but Panama, Guatemala and T&T being in the Hex has made it an easy passage to the World cup for Mexico, USA and Costa Rica.

And how did this side Panama you calling WEAK get to the Hex?  Oh yeah, they beat Jamaica IN JAMAICA.

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2005, 07:06:11 AM »
Sam go blow his mind
tell them it was me

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2005, 07:20:59 AM »
Oh my... Sam

Now that so simple and yet so funny.

:D

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: I know its a hard pill to swallow Sam
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2005, 07:40:20 AM »
No disrespect to Trinidad, but Panama, Guatemala and T&T being in the Hex has made it an easy passage to the World cup for Mexico, USA and Costa Rica.

And how did this side Panama you calling WEAK get to the Hex?  Oh yeah, they beat Jamaica IN JAMAICA.

YOU TELL EM GEORGE!! I GOT YUH BACK

DEM jammies and dem might kill deyself wit jealousy
I always believe that jamiaca never qualified for ah world cup! In essence it was ah Brittish C squad that was made up of fellas that never see jamaica in dey life before dey set foot tuh train wit de side.
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2005, 08:54:55 AM »
Its funny to see the ractions here after Jamaica's victory vs Guatemala. But thats understandable. Funny also that while people here are pointing to the fact that wJa used UK born players to assist in qualifying, T&T tried hard  to naturalize a white Brazilian to help in your push towards qualification. Respect to T&T though, you are in the HEX, we arent.  But it feels good knowing that our local squad could be beating up on at least 2 of the other Hex teams. This is my little moment in the sun, se see with me guys  :D

Looking forward to the Gold Cup (Thats our world cup!).

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2005, 09:02:31 AM »
Good game reggaefan now back to shelton is he getting any trial any inside info

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2005, 09:21:45 AM »

I wouldn't mind meeting Jamaica in the Gold Cup.

Good to hear a local squad can perform...might help some people here realise what is possible.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2005, 11:51:01 AM »
Its funny to see the ractions here after Jamaica's victory vs Guatemala. But thats understandable. Funny also that while people here are pointing to the fact that wJa used UK born players to assist in qualifying, T&T tried hard  to naturalize a white Brazilian to help in your push towards qualification. Respect to T&T though, you are in the HEX, we arent.  But it feels good knowing that our local squad could be beating up on at least 2 of the other Hex teams. This is my little moment in the sun, se see with me guys  :D

Looking forward to the Gold Cup (Thats our world cup!).

U still aint put forward your counter-response (as usual when faced with raw facts) to Sam....
If TT full WCQ team play JA best team now, i will be surprised if there is a clear winner between the 2, and even if there is, one goal as usual will separate the teams.
In saying this, it was a very good result for Ja, they doing well with this mainly local team and new coach. The key is to mix them with established good men, like Bibi etc etc.
If u was to put that same local team in a WCQ round, more than likely they will choke (even bigger than your so called big team that choked last year).
That Guatemalan team you all play was a literal 3rd rated team.
Outside Guatemala, TT usually beats Guatemala easily (4-2 in the 2000 Gold Cup and 3-0 in POS in Feb 2001 come to mind).
Heck we even beat them in Guatemala in a WCQ before....1989

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2005, 12:05:22 PM »
Trini, no need to cross-examine and do "what-ifs" at this stage. I am not really surprised that Jamaica beat Guatemala...they havent beaten us at any level in recent years. As far as Ja vs Trinidad is concerned... Now is not a very good time to compare.....the last game that both teams played, JAmaica came out on top. so for the purpose of this dicussion, thats a none-issue.

When i support T&T, no one has an issue with my posts. When I support my team Jamaica, the likes of Sam gets a fit.  :D

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2005, 12:43:31 PM »
on a Luton Shelton goal. Guatemala rested Ramirez and Ruiz for this game, while Jamaica sported a team made up of 100% NPL players.

Giving the impression that the Guatemala team was their World Cup squad and ONLY rested Ruiz and Ramirez was bound to cause trouble....and doh play yuh didn't know dat.   :D

U trying to say something without saying it....but Sam pick yuh mouth and it all come gushing out by yuh second post...hahaha   real jokey.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
DCS, Ididnt attend the game...
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2005, 01:20:16 PM »
DCS, Read what the guatemalan coach, Maradiago said before the game here:
http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/jdforum/discussion.aspx?search=guatemala&id=143449&s=&forum=1&authsearch=

I am sure Sam nor you werent privy to this article before now. Thats the source of My Info.

Guatemala plays Brazil in 6 days time in their next warm up in Brazil.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2005, 01:21:27 PM »
I backing Sam all the way.

All this talk doh mean nothing right now .......T&T in Jamaica out ....and we waiting on the Gold Cup to cut some yardy arse
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2005, 01:22:42 PM »
When was the last time you cut some Yardy Arse? When was the last time you cut anyone's arse for that matter.

1]; } ?>