April 26, 2024, 04:46:35 AM

Author Topic: West Brom eyes Carlos Edwards  (Read 3455 times)

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
West Brom eyes Carlos Edwards
« on: December 01, 2005, 07:50:11 AM »
The Trinidad Guardian
Shaun Fuentes

West Brom eyes Carlos

Midfielder Carlos Edwards, still new into his contract with English Championship club Luton Town, is being eyed for a new switch to Premiership side West Bromwich Albion.

Word on the weekend was that former England international Bryan Robson, now in charge at West Brom was keen on Edwards having seen him in action for Luton and after signing Edwards’ team-mate Curtis Davies during the last transfer window, Robson could now try to get Edwards by January. It is rumoured that Edwards could cost around TT$7.5 million.

The former Wrexham star was involved for 90 minutes as Luton stopped Crystal Palace 2-0 on the weekend to take a 5th place stance on the latest League standings.

Edwards is still smiling over T&T’s World Cup qualification

“It’s a real dream come true. Who would have expected this? And if you look back at me suffering that injury against Dominican Republic in the first game last year and then we had a difficult period especially up to the 5-1 loss to Guatemala. You think now that this really is like a dream,” an elated Edwards said on the flight back from Bahrain. “I think there are so many people who need to be commended for this and it starts from the bosses at the top like Jack Warner and coach Leo Beenhakker and then men around the team and most important the players and God. We have everything to look forward to now.”

ClubCall.com

Luton Town - Second Baggies swoop imminent?
28 Nov 2005 13:49

Luton Town star Carlos Edwards is reportedly a target of Premiership outfit West Bromwich Albion.

The Baggies have already raided the high-flying Hatters this season, signing defender Curtis Davies for £3million.

Edwards has been in impressive form for Luton, often playing out of position at full-back. The former Wrexham ace has also helped to guide Trinidad and Tobago to their first World Cup Finals.

Albion boss Bryan Robson is believed to have been won over by Edwards' form, and is considering a sizeable bid for the player in January.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: West Brom eyes Carlos Edwards
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 07:56:16 AM »
oh gard, ah love it!!

now ah have tuh support west brom now!!

i go be ah waggonist west brom supporter (ent JDB ?)

lol

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 07:57:02 AM »
Very positive spin offs already being exerienced by individual team members. This is very encouraging. All the best Carlos. Man reaping the rewards of hard work; dedication and success.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 10:33:16 AM »
he now move to luton and i don't know how much playing time he will get there

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 10:56:39 AM »
How would Edwards fee (7.5 Mil. TT) rank among that for other TT footballers, Tallman, any info.?  I know Dwight was ~ 11.5 Mil Pounds.  Just curious.

Good luck Carlos....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 10:58:00 AM »
Anybody familiar with the WBA right side employees?  Who and what would Carlos be coming up against for a playing spot?  I could find out who but I don't know how good they are.....  
I know iz plenty EPL fans in here so help me out.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2005, 11:00:03 AM »
big up carlossssssssssssssssssss

u go make room for luton to sign d man from jablo

whitelyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

den we go buy gillingham an take d best of d pro league an put them dey an is tnt ruling the english leagueeeeee

ent the prem hav a rule bout players pay??

he go be richer than stern nowwww???

big up to carlos man
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2005, 11:17:38 AM »
Best of luck tuh u Carlos, fuh de move tuh West Brom. Ah must say dat is ah good move, but it could also end up a bad one. If meh memory serve meh right, last season West Brom was almost relegated and right now dey 17th on de table. Ah know there is still some months left in de season, but Carlos have tuh be careful, he make dat move tuh WB and den next season he end up back in de championship division.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005, 11:25:19 AM »
yea but showing ones self in d prem is always good he cud get a more lucrative contract from sum one else

if it was me i waiting till after world cup but if luton want d money he cyar do nuttin
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Redditch Valiant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2005, 11:26:37 AM »
Anybody familiar with the WBA right side employees?  Who and what would Carlos be coming up against for a playing spot?  I could find out who but I don't know how good they are.....  
I know iz plenty EPL fans in here so help me out.

I THINK Zoltan Gera, the captain of Hungary, is a right-sided midfielder, but I'm not positive about that. He'd be some competition!!  :(
Proud to be an honorary "Trinbagonian"
GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!!

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2005, 11:28:22 AM »
Dat great...den he might get a chance to work on some crosses on d run, once dat in order he go be a real boss

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2005, 11:37:36 AM »
Go dey Carlos, hope all goes well & to your benefit!

Very soon yuh could be Vibesing UP the Premership!!!  ;D
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2005, 01:07:16 PM »
YEEEEAAAHH!! Carlos!!!! make it happen! yuh ent taking nuttin less than 1 mil pounds.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2005, 01:53:25 PM »
This mite not be a good move WBA is heading down at the end of the season he should stay until the end off the season and world cup that way more teams would have a look at him
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2005, 02:04:40 PM »
This mite not be a good move WBA is heading down at the end of the season he should stay until the end off the season and world cup that way more teams would have a look at him
i agree.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2005, 02:08:16 PM »

good point
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2005, 02:10:19 PM »
i agree.

Dat true, although I am glad Carlos' talent getting recognized more and more, I am kinda divided on de issue. Wherever Carlos getting 60 mins or more on de field is where I think he should be.
He getting de full 90 in Luton and dey doin well in de First Division.
West Brom, on de other hand, is a decent EPL side, dey have players like Kanu, Inamoto, Kirkland and Kamara, and ah hear they wooing Roy Keane. For de new year we want our players to be starting on whichever team dey are in. De Stern John issue done worryin meh.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2005, 02:12:44 PM »
West Brom Midfield is deep

Gera usually play on the right but he is injured now.

Maybe the want him as a right back

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2005, 02:29:53 PM »
i agree.

Dat true, although I am glad Carlos' talent getting recognized more and more, I am kinda divided on de issue. Wherever Carlos getting 60 mins or more on de field is where I think he should be.
He getting de full 90 in Luton and dey doin well in de First Division.
West Brom, on de other hand, is a decent EPL side, dey have players like Kanu, Inamoto, Kirkland and Kamara, and ah hear they wooing Roy Keane. For de new year we want our players to be starting on whichever team dey are in. De Stern John issue done worryin meh.

Let him move to West Brom.  Bryan Robson knows what he saw in carlos and wants him in de team to add to west brom's depth.

i personally would prefer to see him in a west brom training ground that a luton one! (no disrespect to luton).

If he is good enough, he will play for west brom, he will play.  If bryan robson didnt think that carlos was good enough for the league and good enough to challenge for a first team spot then he obviously would not be interested in him.

they want him as a right back, cause that is where he plays for luton.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2005, 02:30:25 PM »
West Brom confirm Keane talks

December 1, 2005
LONDON (AFP) - West Bromwich Albion manager Bryan Robson confirmed he's spoken to Roy Keane as the race to sign the former Manchester United captain intensified.

Republic of Ireland midfielder Keane has been the subject of interest from West Brom's Premiership rivals Bolton, Portsmouth, West Ham and Wigan as well as Scottish giants Celtic.

But Robson, himself a former United skipper, appears to have been the first manager to make direct contact with Keane.

ADVERTISEMENT

"I've spoken to Roy and he knows there is an option to come to this football club," Robson told West Brom's official website.

"Roy has got loads of options available to him and within a few weeks he will make a decision on which challenge he wants. I've enquired about what he has in mind.

"But only Roy will be able to decide what that next challenge is going to be," he added.

Keane has also been linked with Real Madrid, where former United team-mate David Beckham now plays, by reports in Spanish newspaper Marca.

On Wednesday, West Ham assistant manager Peter Grant revealed the East London club had contacted Keane's advisors.

"We've made contact to say we're interested," said Grant. "We would love the opportunity to speak to him. If Roy decides he wants to come to London - then bang, we're in for him."

Warrior For Life !!

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2005, 03:07:03 PM »
 Carlos should stay with Luton for now....West Brom might get relegated anyway

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2005, 03:25:57 PM »
Its not his choice, its all aout the transfer fee, if Luton get a good bid, he is gone.... I think going up to the prem will be great for his preparation jest before the world cup.... the speed of the game and quality of opponents will get him primed, the only thing I woory about is him switching systems and roles, in the long run the more exposure the better, but in the short run switching can go both ways it can either enliven him or cause him to lose form as he learns and adapts to a new role.... But I say go to the Prem my boy, if west brom gets relegated they most likely will sell you at end of year when they dont receieve the Prem bonus....

Offline chunk-a-loonks

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2005, 04:35:27 PM »
Have been a registered member for some time now but now feel compelled to write since we talking bout my favorite football side - WBA. (Listen to every WBA game on the internet) Been a supporter for over 25 years in the days of Bryan Robson, Cyrille Regis, Laurie Cunningham, Remo Moses etc... Regis and Cunningham were the pioneers for black footballers in England.

The experience for Edwards would be great especially with the WC a few months away and Robson as his coach could work wonders.

Bryan Robson was a very good player for club and country and appears to be a good and well respected coach and also well connected.

The present team is fairly decent with the likes of Gera, Kanu, Kamara, Earnshaw, Ellington, Inamoto but have been prone to leaking goals from crosses from the wind and blatant defensive errors. One thing they have is a fighting spirit - a never say die attitude.

It would be great to have a Trini playin on WBA especially of the calibre of Edwards.

Offline Rymizx

• Full Warrior
  • It's a small world ! - No Really...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2005, 10:43:46 PM »
Now when I say the Luton coach dogging Carlos on he performance, yuh ent see is a power play he trying. They want to keep him. But if WBA puts a great unbeatable offer on the table. Luton will give him up..

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
edwards flattered by baggies
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2005, 09:29:24 AM »
Luton midfielder Carlos Edwards admits to being flattered over reported interest from West Brom.

The Trinidad & Tobago international has impressed this term for the Championship new boys, with West Brom having been credited with an interest.

Bryan Robson raided Kenilworth Road earlier in the season when he brought young defender Curtis Davies to The Hawthorns in a £3 million deal.

It has been reported in recent weeks that he could be set for a return to The Hatters in the January window, with Edwards believed to top his wish list.

Edwards concedes that he is flattered with talk of Premiership interest but insists he is content at Luton until he is told otherwise.

''It's been very gratifying to hear that clubs in The Premiership are tracking my progress,'' he told the club's official website.

''If you play well when people are watching, their interest will grow - but I'm not getting carried away by the rumours because I'm contracted to Luton for three years.

''If a bid comes in and the club accept it, it's a different story and we will talk about it, but at the moment I'm happy playing for Luton.''

mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2005, 12:43:37 PM »
Carlos should not move right now.  He's settled at Luton, playing regularly and frankly Luton have as much a chunce of going up as West Brom has of going down.

He should wait till after the world cup.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2005, 12:50:02 PM »
Carlos should not move right now.  He's settled at Luton, playing regularly and frankly Luton have as much a chunce of going up as West Brom has of going down.

He should wait till after the world cup.

He only signed for Luton about 3 months ago, so why cant he settle in with west brom in the comng 5 months?

I am for the move! he will playing and training at a higher level and that can only make him improve as a player!

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2005, 01:19:13 PM »
How you know dat?season ent done yet and they ent doing terrible. I say he should go west brom. Thats if they are interested in him

1]; } ?>