April 27, 2024, 12:24:13 PM

Author Topic: Thanks to the Stalwarts and Hopes for New Year  (Read 4742 times)

Offline PEG

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Thanks to the Stalwarts and Hopes for New Year
« on: December 14, 2005, 11:42:03 AM »
I would like to thank Flex for having the vision for setting up this board which as far as I am concerned goes far beyond football and plays a huge role in linking the Trini diaspora throughout the globe.  I know we are all excited about going to the WC.  I am too.  However, reading the posts I would urge the posters not to post misinformation about the costs of the Germany next year.  Unless you are staying by friends etc., the WC wxperience will be a very expensive one.  I was excoriated by some on this board for saying that the Simpaul's package is not unreasonable, just sitting by my computer, I discover that Razorgator's similar, nay identical, package is $7529 with $10, 750 for single occupancy.  I love this board but what i donot like is people making wild charges and claiming corruption, overcharging and the like without doing any research.  I have spoken about this issue not because I am Simpaul's CEO but because the talk about this topic is illustrative at some of the illinformed comment sometimes prevalent on this board.

Happy Holidays to the stalwarts Truetrini, socapro, morvantman et al.  Talking bout Al where meh partner AL from yesteryear

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks to the Stalwarts and Hopes for New Year
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 12:33:33 PM »
You real dense yes.  Just because Razorgator is even more of a rip-off doesn't mean Simpaul's is fair!  People already gave you specific examples of 4 star hotels that they booked in Frankfurt for 12 days for $2500US.  You ignored this and still tried to justify the $5,000US Simpaul's price.  Fair enough, but then I showed you that the Simpaul's package is double occupancy so they are really charging $10,000US for one room.  So now you change your story to justify it by comparing to another outrageous package?

The fact is Razorgator is charging such outrageous package prices not because the hotels cost 10,000US but because they are marking up the price of their match tickets to black market prices.  We all know that Simpaul's is getting their tickets directly from Fifa under the TTFF allotment so it's extremely unfair for them to mark them up if this is the only way the Fifa allotted tickets will be distributed.  By comparison, the US Soccer federation is distributing their tickets to fans with a 10% handling charge only because there is no US Soccer controled travel agency with exclusive access to tickets.

Anyways, the real problem I have with this whole thing is not that I don't expect Germany to be expensive.  I just don't think it's fair that all of the tickets alloted to the TTFF should be distributed exclusively through Simpauls under some obscure package deal with no transparency.  People should have a choice as to where they want to stay, what quality hotels, which cities etc. and still be able to get the Fifa tickets without Jack Warner making a rediculous profit on them.  Let people do their own research and if Simpauls hotel rates are really as reasonable as you say then fine - let Simpauls sell a hotel-only package and sell the match tickets separately at their fair price. 

Also if they're offering such a good deal why don't they publish an itemized breakdown of the costs of the package so people can see exactly how great a deal they're getting - how much is being charged for hotels, how much the tickets costs, how much the soca warriors bag costs and finally how much profit they're making.  I guarantee you the last amount will be more than the first three combined!

Offline PEG

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 02:28:16 PM »
Arrow,

I dont want to make this a discussion on economics, but it seems I must.  A few points:
1. Razorgator is another participant in the market.  I have shown you that their pricing far exceeds Simpaul's for the same service.  If your point is true the way to disprove my point is to show me someone offering a similar package for less than $5000.
2. I agree with you that Simpaul's should not have a monopoly IF THERE HAS BEEN NO COMPETITIVE BIDDING TO EARN THAT RIGHT.  It appears that Simpaul's paid $500k for that right Could the TTFF have received more?  Probably but I don't know.
3. The reason that these packages are so expensive is that the demand for hotels and tickets far exceeds supply.  You cannot get this price if you try buy tickets and hotels yourself.
4. The test of whether this is unfair or not is whether there are people willing to pay this and my hunch is that there will be an excess of supply.
5. I believe the fairest way to apportion these tickets are to auction them off and use whatever profits for the development of T&T football.

P.s the man who said he got 12 nights for $2500 at a 4 star hotel.  The link says that hotel is sold out so i could not veridy the price.  However, if anybody can show me a hotel of 4 star quality for less than 200 euros.  Please point me in that direction

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 02:40:48 PM »

P.s the man who said he got 12 nights for $2500 at a 4 star hotel.  The link says that hotel is sold out so i could not veridy the price.  However, if anybody can show me a hotel of 4 star quality for less than 200 euros.  Please point me in that direction

AH guess ah lie.
I does get real kicks lying to ppl ah doh know on a forum.
Glad to see you have to check up on me, I feel sorry for your children.
And for the record, the Radisson is considered a 5 star
And if yuh was as smart as yuh like to come off as, you could try alternate dates on the hotel page and see what price comes up

Hopes for your new year to bossman

Arrow, doh waste yuh time breds
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 02:55:59 PM by ricky »

Offline PEG

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 02:55:03 PM »
i never say that you lied, my brother.  However, I know of no five star hotel that charges $200 a day even in the low season.  By comparison Hilton T&T is charging $155 plus Vat in this period and that is not in their busy period.  Clearly, you got a great deal.  I just wanted to know if other such deals are available.  I am sure that you are a decent man.  If you believe i called you a liar that was not my intention.

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 03:10:07 PM »
PEG check yuh messages

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 03:19:55 PM »
i never say that you lied, my brother.  However, I know of no five star hotel that charges $200 a day even in the low season.  By comparison Hilton T&T is charging $155 plus Vat in this period and that is not in their busy period.  Clearly, you got a great deal.  I just wanted to know if other such deals are available.  I am sure that you are a decent man.  If you believe i called you a liar that was not my intention.

Why you arguing the point. Check any Sheraton or Westin in Frankfurt and you will get rates for way less than 200 a night during the year. Even as low as 110 for a standard room, single occupancy. Doh argue that Mr world traveller, because i have paid that before for hotels in Europe. Up to about a month ago the Sheraton had rates for 199, now it is 245. I know because i have been checking periodically.

Why yuh even bothering to compare the Hilton in Trinidad i doh know but just know they generally charge about 100 -125 during the year for Caricom nationals.

If yuh think i lie on any of that call the hotels yuhself and hear what they say.

If you want to buy yuh package go ahead and and do so but ppl have a right to think the TTFF robbing them. >:(

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 04:09:53 PM »
Peg..al have he own board..is ah caribbean discussion board.. he still de same old Al (American Lover)

go here and look him up..ah never forget de days ah Peggy and Alison..lord dem was good days ent?

http://disc.server.com/Indices/199373.html
  dat is al board

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2005, 04:12:58 PM »
Dat is really AL Board... AL talkin to heself over dey  :rotfl:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2005, 09:56:15 AM »
kiss meh f**kin ass peg.......putigal peg....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline concerned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2005, 10:50:25 AM »
Peg

I got airfare (not on a charter) and 14 nights in Frankfurt for 2500.00 each...so please come better with
the justification, that 30000 is highway robber.....all the way, even If I put a package together using razorgator (cat 2 tickets...2238.00), I  would end up with 5000.00 usd, inclusive of airfare, hotel and tickets.....so Simpauls could get LOST

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2005, 01:41:06 PM »
what peg is also not mentioning is that simpauls have not paid the same rates as we would you dont get 100-150 rooms and pay the market rate do you ?
They are shafting the TT public plain simple.
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2005, 07:35:13 PM »
yeah obivously Simpauls got a block of rooms at those particular hotels at a "FIFA" price..is real money them going to be making..unless the packages ent get sold  ;D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

1]; } ?>