April 28, 2024, 08:16:38 PM

Author Topic: Zamora turns down Trinidad call  (Read 4278 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Zamora turns down Trinidad call
« on: August 21, 2005, 06:30:45 AM »
Zamora turns down Trinidad call
BBC Sport

West Ham's Bobby Zamora has turned down the chance to play in the World Cup finals for Trinidad and Tobago.

Trinidad and Tobago coach Leo Beenhakker wants the striker for a qualifier against Guatemala next month.

Zamora, 24, told the News of the World: "Trinidad is my dad's country and to play in the finals would be a dream but West Ham are more important.

"I am only thinking about the club at the moment and do not want to be distracted from that."

Zamora's decision to turn his back on Trinidad will come as welcome news for Hammers boss Alan Pardew, who is keen to keep all his players for what he expects to be a hard return to the Premiership.

The former Tottenham striker, who won six England Under-21 caps while with Brighton, added: "The Trinidad manager went to the effort of watching me and asking the boss about me.

"But the club mean everything to me and if I can help us have a good season that is all that matters."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Zamora turns down Trinidad call
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 06:32:43 AM »
The man is NOT INTERESTED in playing for TT.

I hope we could done the Zamora talk once and for all now.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 06:46:57 AM »

Peace,
VB

I agree why go through the effort to bring a man who dont wanna play when allyuh have to do is play the men who are in form at the moment?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 07:32:37 AM »
I agree why go through the effort to bring a man who dont wanna play when allyuh have to do is play the men who are in form at the moment?

Who ask this man ? Yuh mean come the 3rd he woulda come and replace Stern on the bench, and then we lose both he and Stern in the future. Dah sound like a TTFF move, not a coach move. Jones and Sealy start, Glen, Stern on the brnch, or if 3 forwards, Stern, with Glen providing spark orf the bench.End of the forward line story.

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 07:37:22 AM »

Peace,
VB

agreed the TTFF should delete his info from thier contact list

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2005, 08:03:30 AM »
"I am only thinking about the club at the moment and do not want to be distracted from that."

"But the club mean everything to me and if I can help us have a good season that is all that matters."

I bet if england called he would jump to the chance only if nathan ellinghton was elligible  according to rodney he said his mother told him that   elliinghton was intrested in playing for trinidad and looking into his options.Best we go with what we have.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2005, 08:44:37 AM »
Of course if Zamora gets called for England he would play for them. I could see how he probably feels a greater affiliation with England being born and raised there. He probably still harbors hopes of playing for them. As far as i'm concered, that is normal. He has even been part of the National Under 21 set up in England. Not every man is a Birchall....now that man made a real leap of faith. Good for him and good for us. I say forget Zamorra...he not on us, we not on him. But he is young and maybe with age he will change his mind...a la Shaka. Remember how much style Shaka make. Shaka was born in England BUT he was raised in T&T, does talk like us, play Intercol, make T&T National Under 20 and still habored hopes of playing for England. But we love him now..cause he turn round into one seriously committed mudda. We wrote off Yorke...we wrote off shaka, and look now how we love them. The lesson I learn from that is Never say Never. BUT if we qualify without him and then he say he want to play in the finals...F**K DAT. I willing to give anyone a 2nd chance, but you have to pay your dues

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2005, 08:47:25 AM »
I am glad that Beenie made that call - nothing ventured nothing gained.  And to me it's a sign that he is finally seeing what we've been saying for so long that Stern, in present form, is not helping our cause and we need other options up front.
Now that Zamora has finally made his position clear we can move on with what we have:  Jones, Sealy, Glen, Sam and Stern (off the bench).

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2005, 08:56:13 AM »
If west ham did not get promoted he would have been here on the 3rd i bet
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2005, 08:58:36 AM »
Nice call by Beenie ....but the man not interested ...so we moving on.

Go Warriors Go !!
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2005, 09:07:52 AM »
What about the brazilian we have home?

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2005, 09:15:55 AM »

I bet if england called he would jump to the chance only if nathan ellinghton was elligible  according to rodney he said his mother told him that   elliinghton was intrested in playing for trinidad and looking into his options.Best we go with what we have.

I far as I had heard at the time he thought T&T was the same as the UK when it came to elligibility and had a T&T Grandparent but we all know now that this is not good enough for T&T. Shame really....but then again, now that he warming bench currently for West Brom would he be sharp for T&T.

As for Zamora, I always said he was 'hedging his bets', the fella strung us along once he realised England wasn't a realistic option by failing at Spurs, never saying no but never saying yes either.  He has made this decision because he hasn't established himself in the Hammers team dispite ending last season on a high. Most likely, unlike St Clair, Beenhaker must have pressurised him for an answer and he didn't think it worth chancing his Hammers career by playing for a side with only a slim chance of getting to the World Cup.  I for one can't blame him he ain't ah Trini and dosen't fully understand the passion for football over here. What pisses me off is the guy trying to use this situation to his advantage, by using Beenieman's inquiry as a way to show his commitment to West Ham. He is hoping Pardew may reward his loyalty with a few starts. Fellas mark my words this isn't the last we've heard of Zamora, though is seems to be fuh this campaign.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2005, 09:19:15 AM »
Oh yeah ellinghton  on the bench but i think he had a surgery this summer and did not have a pre season with wigan so he may not be 100% now i think

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2005, 10:04:33 AM »
Should we reach World Cup and Zamora comes calling I hope TTFF have enough respect for Trinidad with their answer.From what I understand his father is the one that initially was pushing for him to represent Trinidad but it look like even he give up because his son must be a mama's boy.I hope TTFF finally recognise dis.
Manning and dem must change dem medieval laws in Trinidad as dey intend to make us a develop country by 2020.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2005, 11:01:41 AM »

"Trinidad is my dad's country and to play in the finals would be a dream but West Ham are more important."

Nuff said leh we move on.  No comparison to others in camp just respect the man and wish him the best.

I like what Arrow said, hopefully Beenie eye wide open to Stern being presently out of form and needing to change what is up front.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2005, 11:58:07 AM »
I far as I had heard at the time he thought T&T was the same as the UK when it came to elligibility and had a T&T Grandparent but we all know now that this is not good enough for T&T. Shame really....but then again, now that he warming bench currently for West Brom would he be sharp for T&T.

Ellington on the bench is just a temporary thing. West Brom wasn't going to pay 3 Mill for him to bench him and play Horsfield. Also of all the lower division strikers to do well in the Premier League Ellington has very good pedigree and he will have a better chance of scoring for West Brom will have a better chance of scoring goals than for Wigan.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline trini_chris

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2005, 05:19:36 PM »
What about the brazilian we have home?
which one seabra or oliveira?
both of them want to play for tnt
d original WARRIOR PRINCESS. win or lose i am a FIGHTER.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2005, 05:49:38 PM »

Ellington on the bench is just a temporary thing. West Brom wasn't going to pay 3 Mill for him to bench him and play Horsfield.

Horsfield blast 2 yesterday.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2005, 06:38:24 PM »

Ellington on the bench is just a temporary thing. West Brom wasn't going to pay 3 Mill for him to bench him and play Horsfield.

Horsfield blast 2 yesterday.

Yeah but that isn't going to happen every week. Ellington will get his chance.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2005, 07:11:28 PM »
we have too many strikers as is. he doesnt have an interest so forget him.
Hart for president

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2005, 07:42:12 AM »
Zamora not Trini, so him not wanting to play for trini is not a big deal, lets move on from this dude and concentrate on those that want to play for us.  Birchall not trini but somehow felt the calling, maybe he had less of a chance to  play for England either way he here and giving us his all..
When/IF we make it to the WC in Germany, any footballer abroad who parent even visited Trini for more than a week will come calling...I have some big stone and empty Carib bottle waiting for them.

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2005, 07:50:06 AM »
Zamora not Trini, so him not wanting to play for trini is not a big deal, lets move on from this dude and concentrate on those that want to play for us.  Birchall not trini but somehow felt the calling, maybe he had less of a chance to  play for England either way he here and giving us his all..
When/IF we make it to the WC in Germany, any footballer abroad who parent even visited Trini for more than a week will come calling...I have some big stone and empty Carib bottle waiting for them.

LET MEH KNOW IF U NEED SOME HELP WHEN THAT HAPPEN.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Seem's like this Zamora thing aint over yet!
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2005, 02:54:42 PM »
Saw a tiny 'blink or you'll miss it' article in today's Daily Mirror over here. This is it in full

TRINI AND ZAMORA

by Darren Lewis

Trinidad and Tobago are refusing to give up on Bobby Zamora - despite the West Ham strikers's decision not to play for them. Leo Beenhakker, Trinidad's coach, wanted the striker for a qualifier against Guatemala next month. Success there would have put the England Under-21 star in with a chance of playing in next year's World Cup finals. But Zamora 24, turned him down last week, insisting: "West Ham are more important."

What the heck does that mean? Are we gonna go for him again if we qualify? Hope not.

Also in one of the paper's earlier this week it was reported that Leed's manager thought the USA game was ah FRIENDLY.  Apparently he was whinging prior to the game that he would lose Eddy Lewis for a meaningless friendly game against Trinidad. Hopefully I'll find an internet link to the full article as meh wife has chucked that paper.

Not the exact article that specifically mentions the T&T-USA game but this will give you the picture
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/nationwide1/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/05/08/18/SOCCER_Leeds.html
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 03:10:15 PM by Rodney »

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
Re: Seem's like this Zamora thing aint over yet!
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2005, 03:08:06 PM »
First off, Zamora thinks that saying West Ham are more important is going to get him mileage with Alan Pardew, if they had so much faith in him they would not have gotten David Bellion even though he finished the season very strongly.
Secondly, I'm confused about they not giving up, if the man doesn't want to play for us...he oesn't want to play for us. We can't be begging men to represent us......unless it was Henry or Adraino

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2005, 03:12:02 PM »
Wait till we make W/C- Everybody begging to play on the big stage.
That will be the topic come December.
Everybody - Mamy-tanty- Father is a Trni watch the show.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2005, 03:14:58 PM »
I guess they figure if we could get latas to come back.  persuing Zamora is something worth looking AT!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2005, 10:05:31 PM »
I say if yuh not on de bandwagon yet, come world cup time, hull yuh mudda nennen if yuh tink yuh could just come outa de wood work and play....... hats off to Birchal for coming

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2005, 06:29:41 AM »
Now that Jeremy Alliadiare is on the scene at West Ham, it's going to be even more difficult for him to get a start. Sheringham, Bellion, Alliadiare, you can love West Ham and Alan Pardew all you want, come game time, business is business. Just don't come begging T&T to play at your convenience.  >:(

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2005, 10:14:15 AM »
They should realy ress dis Zamora thing oui .! dey wasting energies.. Better call back WISE... ( that was a joke eh ) .. no seriously I was jess joking  ;D ;D ;D
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

1]; } ?>