April 18, 2024, 05:25:56 AM

Author Topic: TTFA License Coaching Course Thread.  (Read 77693 times)

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF coach local academy
« Reply #120 on: September 25, 2009, 07:35:43 AM »

Setting up a coaching education system that benefits parents to seasoned professionals is not a waste of time. I disagree Sando. I agree the Technical Director should be in Egypt but Jack and the Corneals don't want him to make those trips. Imagine the team doesn't even have a gk coach. That is the wise decision making that is going on with TTFF player development these days and LP is not part of the inner circle. The fact that he doesn't get invited to those trips are a strong sign that he hasn't "sold out" as some accuse.

Just because the man is not engaged in high profile work doesn't mean he isn't doing work. I understand he is doing work with the SSFL and Ministry of Education to license SSFL coaches. He wants to do more player development work. However, in order for him to conduct a good player development program outside the TTFF, he needs funding and no one has come forward. If you all are serious about wanting to change the direction our players are taking then generate some ideas. We cannot depend on the TTFF for player development because there is too much bad mindedness at work there.   

As for the PFL, well Skeene is one of Corneal's boys so good luck there.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 25, 2009, 08:00:20 AM »
Tempo and Lightening you all are on the ball/correct,we can't say giving parents licences is a waste of time,this system was put in place by the US and it's very successful because it have organization right through,LP has been a part of that organization and knows how it works,all he is/was trying to do is implement the same system in T&T because we never had and still don't have one,we all know one of our major problem is Coaches but how do you develop a Coach no one can say,in T&T the norm is once you play Football at a reasonable level you could coach,i have no problem with that because that's what we have but why are we complaining.

What i does find funny is that our foreign players improve because of the leagues and players they play against on a daily basis,may be we can do the same with our Coaches just a suggestion,i don't think our Coaches take coaching seriously because that's not their main source of income,they don't even want to do a course, check the guys that go on these courses it's who already have a set of papers,our Youth and School Coaches are the ones to send on these courses.         

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 25, 2009, 08:50:26 AM »
Player development doesn't start at U17. It should produce visible results in terms of a pool technically sound and tactically aware players by U17.

In order to produce quality players, you need quality coaching.  If the TD doesn't develop a pool of coaches capable of teaching proper technique to youngsters from age 6 -10 , then the players will be always at a disadvantage and need remedial work as they progress through the age groups through senior level.

The model that the TD seem to be trying to create seems to be get them young and teach them right so that the senior national coaches don't have to worry about basics.......

Why he should strt any model when Jack go b jealous and shut it down. Dat is what d man say and I iz d dotish 1.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 25, 2009, 09:01:58 AM »

You criticize those who fight and think that they should give up in the face of powerful opposition. You are dotish.  
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 09:07:36 AM by tempo »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2009, 09:08:52 AM »

You criticize those who fight and think that they should give up in the face of powerful opposition. You are dotish.  

OK BRIGHT ONE PLS TELL ME HOW LP FIGHTING.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 25, 2009, 09:55:16 AM »
Here is what I know. I'm sure others can add to the list:

1. He conducts on the average three coaching courses a month.

2. Works with National and PFL goalkeepers on occasion and was working with the U20 keepers when the gk coach was let go

3. Does a series of radio and tv programs and regarded as one of the few voices of reason (nobody cares what you think about whether he should discuss the impasse/blacklist so save it).

4. Collaborates with the Ministry of Education to create regulations and procedures to have SSFL coaches licensed and member of the new Coaches Association

5. Building the T&T National Coaches Association (they already have space and announcements will be made soon)

6. Working with the Ministry of Sport on conducting community player clinics and summer camps.

7. Working with Republic Bank on their player clinics.

8. Until earlier this year, he was in charge of the U15/17 womens program. He was criticized for supporting the use of U.S. based players and Look Loy and Corneal undermined him with their locals only demagoguery. But guess what, many of those same US-based have found their way back on Pellerud's team.

9. Very much involved with Jlloyd Samuel coming to the national team.

10. Noticed how Ince stopped yelling and getting on at the U.S. game. You think that happened jus so?

The man breathes, eats, and sleeps football. He is always out in the scene. Yet, you think he is not doing enough? Is that bright enough for you?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 25, 2009, 10:12:01 AM »

2. Works with National and PFL goalkeepers on occasion and was working with the U20 keepers when the gk coach was let go

3. Does a series of radio and tv programs and regarded as one of the few voices of reason (nobody cares what you think about whether he should discuss the impasse/blacklist so save it).

4. Collaborates with the Ministry of Education to create regulations and procedures to have SSFL coaches licensed and member of the new Coaches Association

5. Building the T&T National Coaches Association (they already have space and announcements will be made soon)

6. Working with the Ministry of Sport on conducting community player clinics and summer camps.

8. Until earlier this year, he was in charge of the U15/17 womens program. He was criticized for supporting the use of U.S. based players and Look Loy and Corneal undermined him with their locals only demagoguery. But guess what, many of those same US-based have found their way back on Pellerud's team.

10. Noticed how Ince stopped yelling and getting on at the U.S. game. You think that happened jus so?

The man breathes, eats, and sleeps football. He is always out in the scene. Yet, you think he is not doing enough? Is that bright enough for you?

I luv number 10. U cyah b serious. U C number 8 is meh problem if u continue to wuk is in dat kind of environment u like it so because if u eh stand 4 sumting u go fall 4 anyting. So let him continue o do his gr8 wuk includin tellin d GK doh bawl at d defenders.U know what it will come to zero because I will type it again he iz a puppet master if yuh cyah say d organizationn I wuk 4 blacklist players after d WC and that affected our 2010 campaign. If he loose he wuk b4 dat he go get another 1 because he real skill u pt 10 tings he do 4 we.

I will always respect a person like dat but doh come on d radio and cyah acknowledge d obvious but I dotish u and LP iz 1000 watts bulb. I go b dotish wit integrity and all bright witout so I go rant dat is meh right.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 25, 2009, 10:26:05 AM »
You call it integrity. I call it grandstanding. If there is no chance that anything will come out as a result of "speaking out", why should it be done. The players know where LP stands and that's all that matters. You and I support different styles and methods. The point about #10 is that he still provides counsel for the goalkeepers and it is valued.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 25, 2009, 10:29:28 AM »
You call it integrity. I call it grandstanding. If there is no chance that anything will come out as a result of "speaking out", why should it be done. The players know where LP stands and that's all that matters. You and I support different styles and methods. The point about #10 is that he still provides counsel for the goalkeepers and it is valued.

If Shaka etal was LP dey would have taken dey 5000 TT and ride out somebody have 2 say enuff iz enuff LP obviously eh dat person. So we will neva agree u say he makin he contribution I agree but he contributin 2 d nonesense.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 25, 2009, 10:48:35 AM »
Yes, and like a tea bagger you are uninformed, sound like an idiot, and seem to have an axe to grind. Obviously, LP works for the TTFF, regardless of who pays his salary.But back to a question I asked earlier; how many of you "teabaggers" went to the England game in P.O.S.? If you did, don't you think it's a bit rich to criticize LP as being "part of the problem" when you are the ones who are constantly putting money in JW's pocket? Remember, that game happened when everyone was talking about putting together a protest of the blacklist and there was also a push about about folks wearing black to the game. You couldn't even muster a decent response. So, when you start throwing around who is part of "the problem", a little self analysis and accountability will go a long way. 

That is real shyte rationalization right dey. It does matter.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 25, 2009, 10:53:21 AM »

Where does all this go? What is the purpose for doing all this? If LP have no real say at the top, how as a TD he can expect a certain amount of his seeds to bear fruits? Just plant them and leave them? What?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 25, 2009, 11:03:49 AM »
Yes, and like a tea bagger you are uninformed, sound like an idiot, and seem to have an axe to grind. Obviously, LP works for the TTFF, regardless of who pays his salary.But back to a question I asked earlier; how many of you "teabaggers" went to the England game in P.O.S.? If you did, don't you think it's a bit rich to criticize LP as being "part of the problem" when you are the ones who are constantly putting money in JW's pocket? Remember, that game happened when everyone was talking about putting together a protest of the blacklist and there was also a push about about folks wearing black to the game. You couldn't even muster a decent response. So, when you start throwing around who is part of "the problem", a little self analysis and accountability will go a long way. 

That is real shyte rationalization right dey. It does matter.

Let me tell u want dey tell me yuh dotish and ranting.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 25, 2009, 11:05:42 AM »
I would really like to meet Lincoln one day. Me and him was cool one time but he does ignore my e-mails now.

I know he is a good person but de people he working for making him look bad, they killing his reputation.

A while now I ask Flex about LP and he told me he was still waiting for an interview he send LP since last year after both agree to do one but never got a reply because de questions well I guess was not what Lincoln had in mind. But Flex did talk good about LP....

You see, LP eh a bad fella and have T&T at heart but he needs to take it a level up. Once he do good he will prevail and at de same time he have to be diplomatic as Jack Warner will buss he throat quick quick.

But as I said, I go really like to meet him to ask him behind everyone back if there is a reason for his limitations as far as helping our youth teams to do better and have them in some program like he did when he first came. Because he started of very well with T&T and was getting credit until he varnish.

I notice he doh talk about we here no more, like de TTFF silent him.

Good luck LP, I still hope you do well and you are way better than Alvin Corneal, Anton Corneal, Richard Gorden, Oliver Camps, David Muhammed, Jack Warner and Keith Look Loy.

Last question, LP work for the US national team once, why did he quit ?

« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 11:09:02 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 25, 2009, 11:12:26 AM »
I would really like to meet Lincoln one day. Me and him was cool one time but he does ignore my e-mails now.

I know he is a good person but de people he working for making him look bad, they killing his reputation.

A while now I ask Flex about LP and he told me he was still waiting for an interview he send LP since last year after both agree to do one but never got a reply because de questions well I guess was not what Lincoln had in mind.

You see, LP eh a bad fella and have T&T at heart but he needs to take it a level up. Once he do good he will prevail and at de same time he have to be diplomatic as Jack Warner will buss he throat quick quick.

But as I said, I go really like to meet him to ask him behind everyone back if there is a reason for his limitations as far as helping our youth teams to do better and have them in some program like he did when he first came. Because he started of very well with T&T and was getting credit until he varnish.

Good luck LP, I still hope you do well and you are way better than Alvin Corneal, Anton Corneal, Richard Gorden, Oliver Camps, David Muhammed, Jack Warner and Keith Look Loy.

Sam I hear u I know he wukin 4 d devil but dat iz he choice. As Iwer say he have 2 eat ah food. I could live wit dat but 2 say u cyah admit dat it had a blacklist because u wukin 4 d TTFF means yuh lackin integrity dat I cyah 4give.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 25, 2009, 11:23:49 AM »

A while now I ask Flex about LP and he told me he was still waiting for an interview he send LP since last year after both agree to do one but never got a reply because de questions well I guess was not what Lincoln had in mind. But Flex did talk good about LP....

Them questions was to hard Sam, LP feared for his job, but as tempo/fishs pointed out, I guess he have to do what he have to do because at his age he should be getting ready for retirement and cannot afford to lose his job at any cost, even if it affects T&T football.

I have a question, if LP retires now, what will people remember him as;

1. A great keeper.
2. A great Technical Director.

Your answer should solve this puzzle.

PS: LP responsible for Jlloyd, wonder how LP found out about Jlloyd in the first place.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 11:29:15 AM by Sando »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 25, 2009, 11:28:25 AM »

Them questions was to hard Sam, LP feared for his job, but as tempo/fishs pointed out, I guess he have to do what he have to do because at his age he should be getting ready for retirement and cannot afford to lose his job at any cost, even if it affects T&T football.

1. A great keeper.

Door number 1

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 25, 2009, 11:58:17 AM »
He was allowed to do his TD work long enough to make a big contribution in getting the team to Germany. getting Beenhakker. Shaka and Dwight raised hell after hearing about Atkinson. Before that, LP had already talked to Jack about Beenhakker.

As a GK he had a longer track record so he is likely to be regarded more as a great player and coach.

As a coach, he was the first black coach to win a collegiate championship in the U.S. and has won championships on every level he coached.

Sam, I hear ya but I have a feelin it's more the man being overwhelmed than running from the questions. All I know is that if anyone deserves a benefit of the doubt, it is LP.

Weary, with litigation ongoing about the impasse, it is absolutely unreasonable to expect LP to comment on the blacklist. Integrity has nothing to do with that. 
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 12:03:13 PM by tempo »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 25, 2009, 12:32:26 PM »
He was allowed to do his TD work long enough to make a big contribution in getting the team to Germany. getting Beenhakker. Shaka and Dwight raised hell after hearing about Atkinson. Before that, LP had already talked to Jack about Beenhakker.

As a GK he had a longer track record so he is likely to be regarded more as a great player and coach.

As a coach, he was the first black coach to win a collegiate championship in the U.S. and has won championships on every level he coached.

Sam, I hear ya but I have a feelin it's more the man being overwhelmed than running from the questions. All I know is that if anyone deserves a benefit of the doubt, it is LP.

Weary, with litigation ongoing about the impasse, it is absolutely unreasonable to expect LP to comment on the blacklist. Integrity has nothing to do with that. 

Then he should take a pg out of ollie book and say nutten doh go on d radio and then doh comment d obvious. So spare me d excuses. Dat statement 4 me was he Waterloo

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 25, 2009, 12:41:32 PM »
What statement are you talking about? I heard him say the impasse was one of the reasons the team did not qualify. What else did you think you heard him say? Did he come out and say a blacklist didn't exist or did he just address the impasse? You really sounding like those bigots who attacking Obama talking about "waterloo" and being a "teabagger". When you accomplish something that benefits others, then you can throw stone. Until then you simply don't have the minerals nor the standing.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 25, 2009, 01:28:09 PM »
What statement are you talking about? I heard him say the impasse was one of the reasons the team did not qualify. What else did you think you heard him say? Did he come out and say a blacklist didn't exist or did he just address the impasse? You really sounding like those bigots who attacking Obama talking about "waterloo" and being a "teabagger". When you accomplish something that benefits others, then you can throw stone. Until then you simply don't have the minerals nor the standing.

Or there was an impasse not a blacklist. U are another 1 who claims 2 to know me and my accomplishments. Yeah I eh do nutten wit meh life. So how could I do anyting 2 benefit others.

DAT STATEMENT DEY JUST CONFRM DAT YOU ARE AN IDIOTTTT.

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 26, 2009, 06:36:54 AM »

1. A great keeper.

PS: LP responsible for Jlloyd, wonder how LP found out about Jlloyd in the first place.

Nothing against LP, but my answer would be number 1. Good call Sando.

And yes, why is LP taking credit for Jlloyd Samuel ? he was mention here frist by Flex I think ?

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 26, 2009, 07:19:19 AM »

Fellas ...I believe we getting too personal

and it seems everyone seem to know the duties of the TD .....

What are the duties of everyone mentioned on this thread ...from
Warner, Camps, Lincoln, Look Loy....Anton etc... the coaches ...

I don't even know the coaches for the different age groups and
who they report to ....

Probably if we outline the job description of everyone then we can critique....
Fellas just my two cents

Sorry I can't argue without facts......

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 26, 2009, 07:53:42 AM »
At this juncture LP can't be very effective with the TTFF squads or programs. He can work quite effectively with the SSFL(they have told the TTFF to kiss off many moons ago)  and the pro-league(that is if Jack is not tapping up Dexter).

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 26, 2009, 09:26:13 AM »
Is this the same Fishs who was THE #1!!!! propagandist for Jackula?  :-[
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 26, 2009, 04:28:23 PM »
Is this the same Fishs who was THE #1!!!! propagandist for Jackula?  :-[

Huh , yuh is a big big kinda ahole , doh bring my good name into yuh bullshit , yuh doh know me but if I ever meet you just because of that stupid comment expect a cap . Watch yuh back .
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
United coaches urge winning mentality
« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2010, 04:38:53 PM »
United coaches urge winning mentality
T&T Newsday

Manchester United top skills development coaches Eamon Mulvey and Kevin Ward, urged Trinidad and Tobago Primary School coaches to give their young players a chance to express themselves on the field.

Both coaches did an impressive presentation yesterday at the “Weekend Camp”, presently being held for 25 selected Primary School boys and girls from various parts of Trinidad and Tobago, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.

Mulvey insisted that coaches who only focus on winning are not giving players a chance to enhance themselves mentally and personally toward the game.

“Coaching is not all about winning, it’s about developing the player to love the game and understand his/her strengths and weaknesses” Mulvey stated.

The Manchester United official told local coaches that great players are made when talent is recognised at a young age, and personal development and self confidence are instilled.

“The golden age of developing a good footballer is between six and twelve. At this age, coaches must train their player to have a positive mind-set and not be afraid of taking risks at times”, Mulvey noted.

He assured his audience that these are key criteria in effective coaching, and are strategies presently used at the Manchester United Academies for their young emerging players.

Ward and Mulvey especially made known to the local coaches that “Winning isn’t everything, but striving to win is.” Both agreed that effective coaching is a three stage process. The player’s interest must come first, coach support in second, and only then the third stage of success will be achieved.

Local coach Dion La Foucade, supported the initiative taken by the Manchester United duo to come here to share their knowledge on youth development.

He stated “The Government should see the great benefit that comes out of these seminars and probably spend a bit more on bringing international coaches to assist the locals with critical information and ideas on enhancing Trinidad’s coaching and young talent”. La Foucade also noted that the Manchester United coaches looked at coaching from a different angle, compared to what is taught locally.

“They have successfully shown us that coaching is not about physical training alone, but in fact is a scientific and mental approach that should be developed within the player at a young age.” he said.

Yesterday’s agenda saw the English coaches conduct life skills programmes, technique and skill sessions and coaching presentation.

The weekend camp ends today and is specifically designed for the local coaches to pick national boys and girls Under-14 and Under-16 teams in January 2011. The kids are being tutored by a variety of local coaches with great assistance from the Manchester United skills development officials.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFA License Coaching Course Thread.
« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2010, 05:58:36 PM »
TTFF joins with Dutch FA for 'C' license coaching course
TTFF Media

The Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation through its Technical Adviser Keith Look Loy has finalized an agreement with the Royal Dutch Football Association (KNVB) which will see some of this country's coaches being certified according to Dutch and UEFA(European Football Union) standards.

At least five local coaches are earmarked to receive training by the  Royal Dutch Football Association(KNVB), as instructors to deliver the Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation's New “C “ license Course. The local Instructors include Jamaal Shabazz, Anton Corneal and Muhammed Isa . all three men are will work under the guidance of Dutch Instructors Kees Zwamborn  and Arno Pijpers in delivering the TTFF's new “C” License Course.

The first course will take place from January 10-15 next year at the CONCACAF Centre of Excellence and the content will cover Age-appropriate training, planning, technical training and skill development, ethical and professional issues and health and emergency care issues.

The Course is open to members of the public and the football fraternity and registration fee TT$400. Interested persons should submit an application and resume to the General Secretary of the TTFF, 43 Dundonald Street, Port of Spain no later than December 29th this year.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 12:54:03 PM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF joins with Dutch FA for 'C' license coaching course
« Reply #147 on: December 15, 2010, 06:25:48 PM »
That is not a bad price for that kind of course.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 15, 2010, 06:37:38 PM »
Hmmm....i wonder......
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 15, 2010, 06:47:34 PM »
No prerequisite to attend the course? Is it an introductory course?

1]; } ?>