March 28, 2024, 08:37:41 AM

Author Topic: TTFA License Coaching Course Thread.  (Read 76870 times)

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF stages goalkeeping diploma course this weekend
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2007, 03:38:14 PM »
was a invitee thing i believe
had some Gk's and some coaches

is based mainly on GK coaching and teaching the basics to young Gk's
and well help us upcoming Gk's to fine tune and correct our own techniques

CNC3 was there today...check it out..doh know when

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2007, 03:26:16 PM »
yeh fellow warriors...
now got back from the 2nd day of the GK COACHING course there...

bun no ass....more from the heat than anything

it real informative so far...i knew b4 how much TT needed Lincoln Phillips cause of his vast knowledge and experience he brings from the U.S. who produce some of the best GK's in the world.

today was a full day on the field.....this is a level I course....so it's just the basics so far...

yesterday we mainly did like what the role of the GK is and what are the essential
requirements(both in the classroom)----try to elaborate on that after it finsih maybe

and we went ont he field yesterday afternoon to do basic fielding work (shovelling the ball) and footwork....
some of the coaches(who are not presently goalkeeping competitively or who dont know much bout Gk'in) and then there are others who r goalkeepers who still are playing in leagues be it amateur or Pro

the instructors who helpin Tiger Phillips are McComie(who i find real interesting as a coach in the lil bit i was able to get so far), Ross Russell--also a very good coach...diff approach than McComie
, Michael Maurice(for some reason d man cah stop smilin yes...)

some of the GK's all ya might of heard of there are fellas like Brian James(Jabloteh)---who i find could and should be givin more of a chance there....., Jeffereson George(tink he was with Connection) and d fella who savin for Police now...who win superleague.... Marshall i hear his name as...

overall is a coaching course and they givin us ideas how to communicate with younger Gk's so they stay interested and we musty be able to make it fun and illustrate techniques rather than goin into GREAT detail like we would with a senior fella like Clayton Ince for example....
and being shown the basics...stuff ya take for granted in a Gk's technique...maybe cause u do it so routine or u may have perfected it in a diff. way..but Phillips givin us the guidelines to follow....

today was the Art of Catching, Jumping and Diving...was decent..
interesting...i myself learn stuff i didnt know bout myself...fellas like Brian James or Thorne Holder and Foncettee(who son playing  for Fatima) more than willing to point out stuff....

wish this was around when i was younger..and such things like GK camps like in the states....

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2007, 03:27:23 PM »
had some cameras and a photographer was there too taking random shots...

dont know what stations..check it out if ya interested

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2007, 03:52:19 PM »
some of the GK's all ya might of heard of there are fellas like Brian James(Jabloteh)---who i find could and should be givin more of a chance there...
Brian James made 2 substitute appearances fuh de senior team back in 2000 and 2001. He was supposed to be one of de up and coming goalkeepers, but fuh some reason it never happen. Given de fact dat he is 31 years old and we have de likes of Marvin Phillips, Jan-Michael, Thorne Holder, Jesse Fullerton etc., his time looks to have passed.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2007, 04:25:13 PM »
i was actually talking about Jabloteh
but i get ya point though

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2007, 04:27:39 PM »
but this course really show ya too how we need real stuff in place to develop GK's
we have good fellas but the fact that they not being developed from the primary school levels means they startin late
..compare it to the US where they doin these camps from 8 yrs old sometimes and goin more than one a yr.

we developing as a country so...hopefully sooner rather than later...
i mean i wish i had something like that...but hopefully thenext generation doh have to say the same thing

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2007, 04:30:15 PM »
i was actually talking about Jabloteh
but i get ya point though

Yuh right, yuh figga he should be a starting keeper, especially since he's been around de block. Prior tuh Jabloteh he's been at Starworld Strikers, Tobago United, W-Connection and FUTGOF.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2007, 04:39:49 PM »
This is the weakest department in the local game.

WE NEED SOME DRASTIC HELP IN THIS AREA!!!

Lincoln, thanks!!

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2007, 07:37:08 PM »
but this course really show ya too how we need real stuff in place to develop GK's
we have good fellas but the fact that they not being developed from the primary school levels means they startin late
..compare it to the US where they doin these camps from 8 yrs old sometimes and goin more than one a yr.

i mean i wish i had something like that...but hopefully thenext generation doh have to say the same thing

I am very glad that somebody back home (and on this forum) got to experience some kinda coaching on a whole different level from what we are used to at home because from what I read sometimes, alot, alot of us are either in denial or don't have a clue.  So many threads have come and gone, begging the respective questions as to why other countries are beating us in certain tournaments and why we still having problems advancing in the world of football and the people that cry out for an improvement in our coaching system for our youths seem to understand.  alot of kids in other countries are receiving what you are getting this weekend on a constant basis, and it's not just at the goalkeeping position.  I have quite a few friends that played for T&T at all different age levels and are now coaches in high school, college, etc., and, to a man, they all say the same thing: they didn't realize how much they were not taught at home until they started taking NSCAA and USSF courses (which I concur)......and we not even talking about CAF, AFC, UEFA and CONMEBOL here.  Lincoln Phillips is a man that can take us in the right direction in that he recognizes what needs to be done and is doing what he can to get it done: developing our coaches.  Courses like these are the types that anton corneal should be doing, rather than crying down the Colleges' League.

I am curious to know, though, what it is that you find so interesting about Michael McComie and what is it that is so different between he and Ross Russel that struck you so that you even had to make note of it.   I think I may have an idea but will wait for you to elaborate.......

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2007, 08:44:04 PM »
For Azzuri and Richard G or any other keeper.

I was watching certain keepers on tv and when dealing with crosses they do not always follow the flight of the ball entirely but rather they sometimes switch off and look at the striker coming in.

Now my question to you guys...and Azurri can you ask one of your peers or instructors in the course.

Do you always keep your eye on the ball throughout its entire flight?

Or when the cross comes in and its aimed at a striker........do you look at the striker and wait for the ball to come off of him. Thereby anticipating instead of reacting.

Or do you position your body in such a way so as to see both player and ball as it happens?

For example...if you watch Shaka a few times vs Sweden, or Lehmann in a Arsenal game or sometimes if yuh watch Van der sar. When its a floated cross they have no way of reaching....they does just lock orf, go on they toes and watch the player the ball intended to reach, come out slight to narrow the angle and then just hope for the best, reflex wise.

Is this a correct thing or an ideal technique or is it improvised.

Also whoever is a keeper, I salute you. Azzuri dais a big position yuh playing dey. The kinda danger, bullet and rush een stamp yuh does collect. Its certainly not for the faint of heart.

Good luck with the rest of the course.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline truthseeker

• Sr. Warrior
  • Goal in yuh rucc**tunse
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2007, 08:12:11 AM »
Yuh watching Van der sar eh... ;D

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2007, 12:18:36 PM »
Touches, I will answer your question as best I could, but I'm not quite sure I even undestand what eexactly it is you're asking or seeing, in respect to your references to VdS and Shaka.   

When a 'keeper is going up for a cross, you are basically supposed to read the speed, flight/path and trajectory of the ball, determine whether you can get it and call for it as soon as you make that determination and then attack it (late) and catch it at the highest point that you can reach it.    For the most part, you cannot be too concerned about players coming in for said cross because (1) once you call for it, most players get out of the way anyway, and (2) once you go up for the ball and protect yourself the right way, more often than not, anybody not getting out the way will get moved out the way or even hurt.  Now the determination as to whether you can get to a cross or not is made at the speed of the game and a crowded penalty area makes for a tough decision sometimes but that comes with practice, and it usually explains why sometimes a keeper may miss what appeared to be an easy cross to collect.  The slightest obstacle (opponents or teammates getting in the way) cannot be underestimated in throwing off a 'keeper's timing.   The crosses that pose the greatest (physical) risk to goalkeepers are the ones that come in low to the ground, of course, and in the EPL, them is suicide missions......just ask Shay Given.

Edwin Van der Saar is one of the best in the world at what he does but the one thing that I always notice about him, game in and game out is that his positioning is impeccable and his decision making is an immediate second.......it all comes with practice.   

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2007, 03:44:28 PM »

I am very glad that somebody back home (and on this forum) got to experience some kinda coaching on a whole different level from what we are used to at home because from what I read sometimes, alot, alot of us are either in denial or don't have a clue.  So many threads have come and gone, begging the respective questions as to why other countries are beating us in certain tournaments and why we still having problems advancing in the world of football and the people that cry out for an improvement in our coaching system for our youths seem to understand.  alot of kids in other countries are receiving what you are getting this weekend on a constant basis, and it's not just at the goalkeeping position.  I have quite a few friends that played for T&T at all different age levels and are now coaches in high school, college, etc., and, to a man, they all say the same thing: they didn't realize how much they were not taught at home until they started taking NSCAA and USSF courses (which I concur)......and we not even talking about CAF, AFC, UEFA and CONMEBOL here.  Lincoln Phillips is a man that can take us in the right direction in that he recognizes what needs to be done and is doing what he can to get it done: developing our coaches. 
 Courses like these are the types that anton corneal should be doing, rather than crying down the Colleges' League.

It is not Anton's responsibility a national team coach to put on coaching courses; it is the responsibility of the Technical Director and that is exactly what Lincoln is doing.

Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2007, 06:27:41 PM »

I am very glad that somebody back home (and on this forum) got to experience some kinda coaching on a whole different level from what we are used to at home because from what I read sometimes, alot, alot of us are either in denial or don't have a clue.  So many threads have come and gone, begging the respective questions as to why other countries are beating us in certain tournaments and why we still having problems advancing in the world of football and the people that cry out for an improvement in our coaching system for our youths seem to understand.  alot of kids in other countries are receiving what you are getting this weekend on a constant basis, and it's not just at the goalkeeping position.  I have quite a few friends that played for T&T at all different age levels and are now coaches in high school, college, etc., and, to a man, they all say the same thing: they didn't realize how much they were not taught at home until they started taking NSCAA and USSF courses (which I concur)......and we not even talking about CAF, AFC, UEFA and CONMEBOL here.  Lincoln Phillips is a man that can take us in the right direction in that he recognizes what needs to be done and is doing what he can to get it done: developing our coaches. 
 Courses like these are the types that anton corneal should be doing, rather than crying down the Colleges' League.

It is not Anton's responsibility a national team coach to put on coaching courses; it is the responsibility of the Technical Director and that is exactly what Lincoln is doing.

I was sarcastically making reference to a previous thread, boss, so pardon me for criticizing anton corneal yet again.  Now that we have a TD that is actually doing something to get the large, slow-moving wheel of our football development turning, that's all well and good.  But Anton Corneal's criticism of the Colleges' League a few months ago was downright disingenuous and hypocritical (to me).  It was not fair to the coaching fraternity to blast them the way he did, considering that most are volunteer former players and parents that have no formal background or training in "football coaching 101" and could benefit more from some leadership than criticism.  When one is in as unique a position as anton corneal is, givenhis family's rich tradition in T&T football and his meteoric rise in the coaching ranks of T&T football, I would expect a little more from Mr. Corneal.  I'm not suggesting that he open a coaching school like his father did, but to just blast the SSFL (when, in fact, the problem of his having to prepare a national squad of under developed u-17 players  to try and qualify for world cup qualifiers goes waaay beyond that) in my opinion was wrong.  I know if I were the national Under-17 coach with the credentials that anton has, I wouldn't wait on the TD to start getting things done.  Even so, with him having Jack Warner's ear and other connections throughout Trinidad and Tobago, i'm sure there's either more he could do or a different approach that he could take.  It would only help his own position in the long run anyway.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2007, 01:02:56 PM »
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2007, 01:18:36 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Touches, I will answer your question as best I could, but I'm not quite sure I even undestand what eexactly it is you're asking or seeing, in respect to your references to VdS and Shaka.   

When a 'keeper is going up for a cross, you are basically supposed to read the speed, flight/path and trajectory of the ball, determine whether you can get it and call for it as soon as you make that determination and then attack it (late) and catch it at the highest point that you can reach it.    For the most part, you cannot be too concerned about players coming in for said cross because (1) once you call for it, most players get out of the way anyway, and (2) once you go up for the ball and protect yourself the right way, more often than not, anybody not getting out the way will get moved out the way or even hurt.  Now the determination as to whether you can get to a cross or not is made at the speed of the game and a crowded penalty area makes for a tough decision sometimes but that comes with practice, and it usually explains why sometimes a keeper may miss what appeared to be an easy cross to collect.  The slightest obstacle (opponents or teammates getting in the way) cannot be underestimated in throwing off a 'keeper's timing.   The crosses that pose the greatest (physical) risk to goalkeepers are the ones that come in low to the ground, of course, and in the EPL, them is suicide missions......just ask Shay Given.

Edwin Van der Saar is one of the best in the world at what he does but the one thing that I always notice about him, game in and game out is that his positioning is impeccable and his decision making is an immediate second.......it all comes with practice.

You are correct Mango Chow. Once the ball is in flight that's all the GK is focused on. Prior to the cross the GK should have already calculated the traffic within the box and where late runners maybe coming from. However, once the ball is in flight nothing else matters. He is the last to leave their position, but should be the first to arrive.  Eyes on the ball, Hand up and open to receive the ball, and leg up on the side which pose the most danger. One thing, many GK call "Keeper" when they are almost on the ball or close to catching. The better thing to do is call "keeper" before attacking the ball.   
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2007, 01:29:59 PM »

I not sure but I think Touches talking about when the keeper decides NOT to go for the ball....that they look at the intended target and position themselves based on them rather than the ball.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2007, 01:58:03 PM »
Correct Dcs

I understand where everyone coming from...but the question is if you make the decision not to go for the ball.

Be it too far, yuh cyar reach traffic etc.

Do you stop looking at the ball in flight and concentrate on where it supposed to land and ready yuhself...... or follow the flight of the ball and react.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2007, 02:07:58 PM »
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2007, 01:18:36 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are correct Mango Chow. Once the ball is in flight that's all the GK is focused on. Prior to the cross the GK should have already calculated the traffic within the box and where late runners maybe coming from. However, once the ball is in flight nothing else matters. He is the last to leave their position, but should be the first to arrive.  Eyes on the ball, Hand up and open to receive the ball, and leg up on the side which pose the most danger. One thing, many GK call "Keeper" when they are almost on the ball or close to catching. The better thing to do is call "keeper" before attacking the ball.   

You are absolutely correct, elan.  That's why it is important for GK's to make the call immediately upon making his/her decision whether he/she wants the defence to clear the ball, or if it is the 'keeper's ball, and the call must be loud enough for the whole park/stadium/playing ground to hear.   On a side note: GK's must also make it clear to the defence that only the 'keeper must make the call as to whether or not you are coming for a cross.  Defenders have a bad habit of calling "keeper!" when they think that a 'keeper should come for a cross and that can cause lots of confusion.

I not sure but I think Touches talking about when the keeper decides NOT to go for the ball....that they look at the intended target and position themselves based on them rather than the ball.

Touches' question was a little confusing to me but, in the case where a GK cannot get to a cross, he/she has to quickly retreat back to the goal line as the start position and then react according to however the play develops........unless you're talking a bout a cross that you call for, come out to collect and can't reach it before the attacker leaving you stranded.....in that case you then have no choice but to do whatever the play calls for: close down aon the attacker or defend the goal.

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2007, 02:27:30 PM »
This is  a tough question, as it can happen so fast sometimes...but most times they just base their position to that of ball comming across....follow the flight and react...

I mean....thats proper.....cuz if its going last post....gk will cover their 1st posts.....although more than likely the ball will be headed back across them.......its a gamble....but one of the major rules in goalkeeping is to cover your 1st post...... so if you get beaten last post....good goal....

The problem with this is that Most times attackers go for the unguarded post.......das where the gamble comes in......do you improvise and cheat a bit.....or do u go by the book and cover the 1st post....

das why when some gk make miracalous saves we does wonder....how he reach dat...?? But the truth is dat they were already going dat side....( eg. Khan save of the Beckmah fk..)

I was wondering about this new technique of sliding out for the ball...

I am seeing Gk when sliding....turning their body away from the goal....

I think this is because if when sliding...their is a fumble.....the ball would most likely go to the side....and not straight in front of them....leaving an unguarded net....anybody notice this??

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2007, 02:33:19 PM »
Correct Dcs

I understand where everyone coming from...but the question is if you make the decision not to go for the ball.

Be it too far, yuh cyar reach traffic etc.

Do you stop looking at the ball in flight and concentrate on where it supposed to land and ready yuhself...... or follow the flight of the ball and react.

I guess I couldn't see that the question was so straight forward:  Your focus always has to be on the ball and, as you are tracking the speed,flight/trajectory of the ball, you do get yourself in a set position and mentally prepared for the play is unfolding but you can only "anticipate" but so much.  Anticipation is generally not encouraged in GK coaching, but on some plays it's unavoidable.  e.g.  If the ball is a flighted or bouncing cross that the attacker can head or lob ove the defence, then the keeper must stay on his line.  If it's a cross that is rolling along the ground directly to an attacker to shoot, then the GK has to start coming off his/her line to narrow the angles, because it is unlikely that the attacker will "chip" the ball over the 'keeper's head in that situation.  Hope that helped some.  

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2007, 03:25:34 PM »

I was sarcastically making reference to a previous thread, boss, so pardon me for criticizing anton corneal yet again.  Now that we have a TD that is actually doing something to get the large, slow-moving wheel of our football development turning, that's all well and good.  But Anton Corneal's criticism of the Colleges' League a few months ago was downright disingenuous and hypocritical (to me).  It was not fair to the coaching fraternity to blast them the way he did, considering that most are volunteer former players and parents that have no formal background or training in "football coaching 101" and could benefit more from some leadership than criticism.  When one is in as unique a position as anton corneal is, givenhis family's rich tradition in T&T football and his meteoric rise in the coaching ranks of T&T football, I would expect a little more from Mr. Corneal.  I'm not suggesting that he open a coaching school like his father did, but to just blast the SSFL (when, in fact, the problem of his having to prepare a national squad of under developed u-17 players  to try and qualify for world cup qualifiers goes waaay beyond that) in my opinion was wrong.  I know if I were the national Under-17 coach with the credentials that anton has, I wouldn't wait on the TD to start getting things done.  Even so, with him having Jack Warner's ear and other connections throughout Trinidad and Tobago, i'm sure there's either more he could do or a different approach that he could take.  It would only help his own position in the long run anyway.

No problem ...I was not trying to defend his criticism of the SSFL coaches, I was only speaking from the perspective of organizational protocol and the role/ responsibilities of his position in relationship to that of the TD.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2007, 06:25:26 PM »
yuh cah do nun wit a diploma dese days

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2007, 07:10:52 PM »
yuh cah do nun wit a diploma dese days

Maybe yuh might cyah make no big setta money.....but yuh could make a difference at de grassroots level in teaching young kids proper technique from early.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2007, 09:38:57 AM »
yo..well d course finish Sunday...a lil earlier than scheduled cause ppls was really feeling the effects from the heat.

Lincoln had Brian James wokin hard yes...man was roast!
but it was good overall...

had a fella...he associated with El Dorado Sec....a asst. coach or manager i believe...
was taking pics..i tell him to post it up on the site...ppls like to see them tings....especially when Shaka Hislop pull up unannounced...nobody was expecting him except maybe Michael Maurice who he said he contacted about it..
he jus happen to be passing by the Saturday and see it going on ...he didnt know anything bout it...so he link up with Maurice and he swing thru for a 30-45mins....he couldnt stay fortunately since he had a previous engagement he was already committed too....
but was real good to see he interested so.

he show his face and he helped with the drills Lincoln ws talking bout...
helping describe the technique, as a coach, u must look for and help the young goalkeeper to strive to..
and also helped with some of the Gk's on the course who are still playing with correcting minor technical problems...
stuff ya do thru and thru and doh realise ya doin it...

for example...i'll use myself...
we were doing a drill where u taking the forward diagonal step towards the ball on the ground and attacking it...stretching the hands out....but not keeping them stright when making contact with the ball...well u get the picture...is to help with ya 1 v 1's

well i apparently was making the step and getting the ball good enuff...but it could've been better...I believe it was Ross Russell pointed out the problem and Brian James as well...and something i jus wasnt noticing...i had to make a step more to the side of the ball...as my foot was going a little too forward meaning that i would have had to stretch a little further...thus taking more time(even if it's a split second)....
was good to have that kinda coaching...something that ya realise a lot of keepers and players lacking...especially with specialised positions like GK's....

As mentioned by Lincoln...it is not fully correct to beat down a keeper to do the technique of the required drill PICTURE PERFECT...scause if it works for him well enuff that he makes the saves continually with no problems since he has perfected it that way over the years...u should leave him...maybe advise him but dont look to change him....since he may try to change and ketch his azz

if he is missing the ball on a regular...not getting it regularly int he drill...then correct him...but dont shoot toward picture perfect technique since that can be frustrating and lead to less quality work...

the course was very beneficial...seeing Shaka face-face...someone i personally been following since his Newcastle days was more than expected ont he course...
always believed he was better than the scoreline showed since Newcastle's defence then was real ballz!!

hearing lincoln talk does really make ya realise the amt of knowledge he has....and y it take so damn long for the TTFF to get him to work for them regularly...
he have real plans...and they coming off the ground
have some other stuff  this yr he working out like  a Goalkeeper ID program u might have read in the papers...where they screening keepers all over the country and classing them and taking the better ones and putting them int he national pool....

Lincoln need to stay and hopefully coaches like Ross Russell, Michael Maurice and Michael McComie especially go take the reigns...

i eh know Lincoln hittin a 65 yrs of age..
man still real agile for his age...i hadda tel ldem check his birth papers!

they showed some of it this weekend i heard...on news...missed it unfortunately...

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2007, 11:09:40 AM »
yo..well d course finish Sunday...a lil earlier than scheduled cause ppls was really feeling the effects from the heat.

Lincoln had Brian James wokin hard yes...man was roast!
but it was good overall...

had a fella...he associated with El Dorado Sec....a asst. coach or manager i believe...
was taking pics..i tell him to post it up on the site...ppls like to see them tings....especially when Shaka Hislop pull up unannounced...nobody was expecting him except maybe Michael Maurice who he said he contacted about it..
he jus happen to be passing by the Saturday and see it going on ...he didnt know anything bout it...so he link up with Maurice and he swing thru for a 30-45mins....he couldnt stay fortunately since he had a previous engagement he was already committed too....
but was real good to see he interested so.

he show his face and he helped with the drills Lincoln ws talking bout...
helping describe the technique, as a coach, u must look for and help the young goalkeeper to strive to..
and also helped with some of the Gk's on the course who are still playing with correcting minor technical problems...
stuff ya do thru and thru and doh realise ya doin it...

for example...i'll use myself...
we were doing a drill where u taking the forward diagonal step towards the ball on the ground and attacking it...stretching the hands out....but not keeping them stright when making contact with the ball...well u get the picture...is to help with ya 1 v 1's

well i apparently was making the step and getting the ball good enuff...but it could've been better...I believe it was Ross Russell pointed out the problem and Brian James as well...and something i jus wasnt noticing...i had to make a step more to the side of the ball...as my foot was going a little too forward meaning that i would have had to stretch a little further...thus taking more time(even if it's a split second)....
was good to have that kinda coaching...something that ya realise a lot of keepers and players lacking...especially with specialised positions like GK's....

As mentioned by Lincoln...it is not fully correct to beat down a keeper to do the technique of the required drill PICTURE PERFECT...scause if it works for him well enuff that he makes the saves continually with no problems since he has perfected it that way over the years...u should leave him...maybe advise him but dont look to change him....since he may try to change and ketch his azz

if he is missing the ball on a regular...not getting it regularly int he drill...then correct him...but dont shoot toward picture perfect technique since that can be frustrating and lead to less quality work...

the course was very beneficial...seeing Shaka face-face...someone i personally been following since his Newcastle days was more than expected ont he course...
always believed he was better than the scoreline showed since Newcastle's defence then was real ballz!!

hearing lincoln talk does really make ya realise the amt of knowledge he has....and y it take so damn long for the TTFF to get him to work for them regularly...
he have real plans...and they coming off the ground
have some other stuff  this yr he working out like  a Goalkeeper ID program u might have read in the papers...where they screening keepers all over the country and classing them and taking the better ones and putting them int he national pool....

Lincoln need to stay and hopefully coaches like Ross Russell, Michael Maurice and Michael McComie especially go take the reigns...

i eh know Lincoln hittin a 65 yrs of age..
man still real agile for his age...i hadda tel ldem check his birth papers!

they showed some of it this weekend i heard...on news...missed it unfortunately...

Job well done, AZZURI, but yuh still eh ansa meh question I had arkse yuh earlier in the thread :whistling:   I real vex I miss out on something like this, especially since I was supposed to be home this weekend  >:(
    If you or anybody is embarking on a coaching career or just do it out of participation and commitment, then there are a few websites you can check out for books, videos, equipment, courses and training aides, etc.:

www.soccervideos.com
    www.reedswain.com
    www.humankinetics.com
    www.ussoccer.com
    www.NSCAA.com
    www.thefa.com

I have no idea what courses are available and/or marketed in the Caribbean but if you travel and have people you could stay by in South Florida, then you may want to look into the NSCAA.    they offer diplomas that tend to be a litle more accessible than those of the USSF, but are equivalent and alot of the staff members are interchangeable.  lincoln Phillips does courses with both organizations, and  the english fa offer online diplomas that can only be helpful, i'm sure.  In the meantime, enjoy yuhself.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2007, 05:36:16 PM »
mango chow....hard luck there...i really thought someone answered ya question already....

refresh ma memory

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2007, 07:19:40 PM »
mango chow....hard luck there...i really thought someone answered ya question already....

refresh ma memory

You were giving your impressions of having interacted with the likes of Michael McComie and Ross Russell and may hve even observed some contrasting styles/personalities between the two over the weekend and stopped short of going into detail........I was curious as to what your impressions actually were.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Dutch coaching courses end up as win-win for T&T football.
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2007, 03:26:29 PM »
Dutch coaching courses end up as win-win for T&T football.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

The recent coaching symposiums hosted by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation in conjunction with the Royal Dutch Academy has been hailed as completely successful, signaling the beginning of a long and fruitful relationship between the TTFF and the KNVB academy.
That was how TTFF technical director Lincoln Phillips summed up the three symposiums which took place at the Dr Joao Havelange Centre of Excellence and Marvin Lee Stadium last month.
The Royal Dutch Academy (KNVB) was chosen by the Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation to work in conjunction with the T&T Technical Department in developing and improving the coaching methods of coaches working with individuals at all levels of participation. Nico Labohm a KVNB Instructor out of Holland and Kenneth Juliens – KNVB Instructor from Surinam were the instructors for the course. Boris Punch serves as general manager and Muhammad Isa and Rajesh Lachoo were the local instructors while TTFF staff provided other services.
The big question, according to Phillips, was why the Dutch and not the Brazilians, the French or the English. The fact of the matter is that the Dutch method is tried and proven as one of the best in the world. For a small country, Holland has not only produced some of the best players in the world but also outstanding coaches as well.  On the world cup level, more Dutch coaches head up national Technical Staffs than any other nationality. In addition to their dominance in World Cup coaching, well over 100 Dutch coaches are plying their trade on the international circuit. Yes indeed, the choice of the KNVB to be our coaching development mentors did not occur by happenstance but by careful detailed research on the top football countries in the world.
The idea of the three 5 day symposiums came as a result of lengthy discussions between the Technical Director Phillips and the KNVB Technical Director Johan Van Geijn.
“It was felt that age-specific symposiums would be the best way to get a large number of coaches exposed to the Dutch method of coaching. At the end of the program (symposiums) the more experienced coaches were selected to attend the C License course in July 5-16, 2007,” Phillips explained to TTFF Media.
The general idea of the symposium was supported by the TTFF and special adviser Jack Warner.
Several local coaches participated and two well known names, Reynold Carrington and Jefferson George were selected to attend further coaching courses in Holland later this month and in August.
“The approach to the 3 symposiums was very professional and I must give credit to the TTFF and the Sports Company of T&T for their efforts in making this initiative a complete success. In addition, the Pro and Super League administrators, the Ministry of Education and directors of various football schools and academies were all supportive of the program from its inception. This collaborative effort by all the stakeholders in T&T football signals a positive step in football relations and coaching development….a win-win situation for T&T football! “ Phillips commented.
The curriculum of each symposium was tailor-made to address the deficiencies of football in Trinidad and Tobago: possession, penetration, speed of play, finishing and defending.
“Several of the experienced coaches were very impressed with the new approach to coaching taught during the senior symposium and left the course with a burning desire to attend future courses conducted by the KNVB. The camaraderie among the candidates was so profound that several coaches have already began scheduling friendly games with their respective teams. In many ways the symposiums have kindled a new fire among the stakeholders in the football fraternity.”
Among the coaches who participated included Ron La Forest, Leonson Lewis, Dion La Foucade, Selris Figaro, Winston Phillips, Brian James, Brian Williams, Clayton Morris, Ian Clauzel, Jerren and Kathy-Ann Nixon, Michael Grayson, Kerry Jamerson, Derek King, Everald Cummings and Ralph Nelson among several others attached to Professional League and amateur clubs, coaching school and secondary schools.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 04:07:47 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch coaching courses end up as win-win for T&T football.
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2007, 03:42:49 PM »
Ian Clauzel ? A blast from de past !!!! .........good to see him involved.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch coaching courses end up as win-win for T&T football.
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2007, 04:50:08 PM »
 Hmmm....TTFF making some strides... I always say if we should improve coaches because the coaches home at the youth and community level doh have proper badges and know how...Working with the Dutch is a very good idea...Some of those coaches going to Europe too...Very good....Go T&T Lincoln Phillips :applause:

1]; } ?>