April 28, 2024, 11:23:34 PM

Author Topic: TTFA License Coaching Course Thread.  (Read 78425 times)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF joins with Dutch FA for 'C' license coaching course
« Reply #150 on: December 15, 2010, 07:10:42 PM »
Good for them, the local coaches getting a good entry level opportunity here. The two weeks notice is a 'lil ridiculous, but the price decent.

This is from a coaching forum and is likely what will be taught (grassroots coaching.com). I included possible defending topics as sub headers

Long passing
Short passing
Shooting
Dribbling with the ball
Crossing
Tackling
Heading (defensive and attcking)
Set pieces
General Defending

1v1, 2v2, 3v3
            defend to prevent turning
            defending when organised
            defending when outnumbered
            compactness in defense
            defending deep
            marking and intercepting
            recovery runs
            pressing
            defensive headers

10. General Attacking
11. Running with the ball
12. Ball control
13. Zonal and man marking differences

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 15, 2010, 07:14:11 PM »
Nice, but jack and co. must go. We have had these licence coaching thing before. jack go just use them coaches they same way. Recycle them!!!!

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 16, 2010, 04:53:43 AM »
TTFF joins with Dutch FA for 'C' license coaching course
TTFF Media

The Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation through its Technical Adviser Keith Look Loy has finalized an agreement with the Royal Dutch Football Association (KNVB) which will see some of this country's coaches being certified according to Dutch and UEFA(European Football Union) standards.

At least five local coaches are earmarked to receive training by the  Royal Dutch Football Association(KNVB), as instructors to deliver the Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation's New “C “ license Course. The local Instructors include Jamaal Shabazz, Anton Corneal and Muhammed Isa . all three men are will work under the guidance of Dutch Instructors Kees Zwamborn  and Arno Pijpers in delivering the TTFF's new “C” License Course.

The first course will take place from January 10-15 next year at the CONCACAF Centre of Excellence and the content will cover Age-appropriate training, planning, technical training and skill development, ethical and professional issues and health and emergency care issues.

The Course is open to members of the public and the football fraternity and registration fee TT$400. Interested persons should submit an application and resume to the General Secretary of the TTFF, 43 Dundonald Street, Port of Spain no later than December 29th this year.

SEND LATAS

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 16, 2010, 06:39:19 AM »
I agree..........send Latas now!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 16, 2010, 08:24:14 AM »
Sould be required for every SSFL coach.

and Youth PFL team coach.

Forced Standards are the only way to improve teh caoching base in TnT.

This same course is $1000US in america.

They should try to find a way to market it to foreign nationals.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 16, 2010, 08:37:43 AM »

Don't think this is on par with the USSF C' License. This sounds more like a cross between the E and the D.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 16, 2010, 07:17:36 PM »

Don't think this is on par with the USSF C' License. This sounds more like a cross between the E and the D.
       I don't understand what kind of course is this,if this is not on par with not even a USSF C Lisence,why are they sending international Coaches to take it?from my knowledge Coaches at the international starts at the B level in the US also if you played Pro or international Soccer.Our international Coaches have been on higher quality courses than this,i thought Lincoln did some C lisence courses in T&T in the past?this should be something for our club Coaches,i'm just saying but i don't know.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #157 on: December 17, 2010, 09:09:02 AM »
Good for them, the local coaches getting a good entry level opportunity here. The two weeks notice is a 'lil ridiculous, but the price decent.

This is from a coaching forum and is likely what will be taught (grassroots coaching.com). I included possible defending topics as sub headers

Long passing
Short passing
Shooting
Dribbling with the ball
Crossing
Tackling
Heading (defensive and attcking)
Set pieces
General Defending

1v1, 2v2, 3v3
            defend to prevent turning
            defending when organised
            defending when outnumbered
            compactness in defense
            defending deep
            marking and intercepting
            recovery runs
            pressing
            defensive headers

10. General Attacking
11. Running with the ball
12. Ball control
13. Zonal and man marking differences

Dont forget running without the ball into attacking positions or supporting positions
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 17, 2010, 01:05:39 PM »
Dont forget running without the ball into attacking positions or supporting positions

:beermug:
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
TTFF starts 'C' license course for Pro League/Super League coaches.
« Reply #159 on: April 05, 2011, 04:22:08 AM »
TTFF starts 'C' license course for Pro League/Super League coaches.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation launched another one of its “C” License coaching courses, this time for coaches from the T&T Pro league and the TTFF National Super League, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Monday.

The course, under the vision of the Dutch KNVB, is one of several, according to TTFF technical adviser Keith Look Loy that is aimed at ensuring local coaches undergo the necessary development under the guidance of the Dutch, for coaching players throughout the country, particularly at the younger age groups.

Pete De Jong is one of the senior Dutch instructors attached to the Royal Netherlands Football Association (KNVB), and he has overseen the training of the six local instructors and the courses that have taken place thus far. He has performed a similar role with several coaches in Holland as well as in other parts of the world.

De Jong explained  that there would be no negative effects in a situation where  a country as T&T has gone  the way of an extensive coaching education program under the Dutch vision but possesses a National Team coach from outside of the Dutch system.

“It is two different assignments. The first assignment is how to educate the youth players and educating them on how to deal with the problems of the game and the other assignment for the senior team coach is to qualify for a World Cup and for the 2014 World Cup in this instance.

It’s completely different and I think it’s not conflicting that you are hiring a coach from whatever country and then having the Dutch assist with your development in terms of coaching young kids and also educating your coaches. It has nothing to do with the style of football your national team is playing,” De Jong told TTFF Media.

Another 31 coaches graduated for a “C” license course last month and De Jong praised the efforts of the six TTFF instructors for their work so far.

“I am seeing more and more promise and also because the improvement of the coaches we have educated. I am here to get feedback on a continuous effort. And we are getting better and better results.

“My assignment from the beginning was to educate instructors on how to teach your coaches in the Dutch approach. I have seen a good understanding of the approach among the coaches and the participants.

The key of the Dutch approach is the youth development through simplifying methods which is related to the real game at a higher level.

Most of the time we start at the under six level and have a period of educating  the players for ten years which makes it easier for them to make a transition of playing at a higher level and they can then adjust to the problems in a match.

"At the youth level we use organization on the pitch for all round development and for the senior players we organize the play itself to win matches.

We teach the coaches who can then coach the young players on how to solve the problems and play together… to break down the defensive strategy of the opponent to create your own scoring opportunities.

This  in turn can help any player in any team regardless of what style of coaching there is at a later level,” De Jong added.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF starts 'C' license course for Pro League/Super League coaches.
« Reply #160 on: April 05, 2011, 08:27:05 PM »
What's the difference between the Technical Adviser and the Technical Director?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 05, 2011, 09:15:29 PM »
What's the difference between the Technical Adviser and the Technical Director?

One has no clout & one has even less as far as the TTFF is concerned!   ;)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 10:09:32 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #162 on: April 06, 2011, 09:27:49 PM »
I don't want to believe that there are coaches in the Pro league without a C license? smh

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Rougier completes 'C' license coaching course.
« Reply #163 on: April 11, 2011, 04:09:48 PM »
Rougier completes 'C' license coaching course.

Former National Team captain and ex-Scottish-based professional Anthony Rougier was among the latest batch of coaches to complete the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation ‘C’ License coaching course in collaboration with the Dutch KNVB at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Friday.

Several other former players and current coaches have completed the three courses offered by the TTFF so far including Arnold Dwarika, Leonson Lewis, Russell Sutton, Kevin Jeffrey, Dexter Cyrus as well as coaches attached to amateur clubs and other coaching schools.

The TTFF intends to have every coach attached to clubs under the umbrella of the TTFF properly certified with the couple of years as well as there are plans to stage courses of higher grades.

For someone like Rougier, who has played for the likes of Reading FC and Port Vale in England, the initiative taken by the TTFF to certify local coaches is a commendable one.

“It was the opportunity to see it from the  perspective of the Dutch which is what I wanted to find out more in terms of the overall Dutch game and the way they play the sport.

I wanted to find out what they are doing that is different from us and different  from what I have learned and what I have experienced in the past and I got all of that from this course,” Rougier told TTFF Media on the weekend.

“From the methodology to the technical aspects and communication... we found out more about these things.

There are various aspects in coaching that I would have known of from my past experiences but this particular course was about how to put it all into a perspective that could help you teach youngsters about solving problems and how we as coaches could solve problems and make ourselves better all round coaches. These are some of the things we got from this course.”

The former Hibernian player added that he would encourage anyone who is into coaching to partake in the course being offered by  the TTFF.

“From my perspective I think anyone who is into coaching, if not some but all the coaches from the Pro League should take the opportunity to come in and do this course.

It’s valuable information and it may seem that you have known some of it from before but it really breaks down everything for you to grasp it in a better or simpler way,” he said.

“I do want to commend the TTFF instructors and they too are learning just like us coaches.  This will get better in time but I think they are going in the right direction.

The good thing from all of this is us trying to find a balance between Trinidad and Tobago football and what is good from out there in the bigger world of football,” Rougier concluded.

Close to one hundred coaches have completed the ‘C’ license course and the TTFF will stage other courses  for coaches from within the regional associations.

The latest one which closed on Friday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium was staged for clubs in the T&T Pro League and Super League as well as for individuals who had been on a waiting list. 

View Rougier's interview

Rougier on player to coach transition
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rougier completes 'C' license coaching course.
« Reply #164 on: April 11, 2011, 05:35:50 PM »
After all these years Rougier finally get some sort of coaching certification.he can now have his name as Head Coach of FC Southend instead of Technical Director. 

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 11, 2011, 10:39:30 PM »
kinda disappointed in rougier all these years in england and scotland and he now get the c license   :(

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 12, 2011, 02:50:33 AM »
kinda disappointed in rougier all these years in england and scotland and he now get the c license   :(

How yuh calling out the man so?  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 12, 2011, 05:16:06 AM »

Several other former players and current coaches have completed the three courses offered by the TTFF so far including Arnold Dwarika, Leonson Lewis, Russell Sutton, Kevin Jeffrey, Dexter Cyrus as well as coaches attached to amateur clubs and other coaching schools.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 12, 2011, 09:49:20 AM »
kinda disappointed in rougier all these years in england and scotland and he now get the c license   :(

How yuh calling out the man so?  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

lol nah I like him man ... he  just need to have these things to do bigger things.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #169 on: April 20, 2011, 02:06:50 PM »
Rougier, one of the real nice guys of TT football.

Did his best to be there for us in the 90s and Ones and was probably never really appreciated by the TTFF.

Good luck to you bro.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 20, 2011, 07:55:53 PM »
Rougier, one of the real nice guys of TT football.

Did his best to be there for us in the 90s and Ones and was probably never really appreciated by the TTFF.

Good luck to you bro.

VB

:beermug:
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 21, 2011, 06:53:53 AM »
If you read the post he said he wanted to gain a dutch perspective.

It does not mean that he does not already have a license.

It just mean he wanted to take this course for informational purposes.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 21, 2011, 07:44:39 AM »
Understand your point.However for those in the know,although Rougier was the coach of FC Southend,one of the reasons he was not the official Head Coach is because he had no coaching certification which the Pro League requires.This is why men like De Leon were named Head Coach although Rougier was coaching de side.Rougier was de Technical Director,now he can officially be de Head Coach. 

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 21, 2011, 07:53:29 AM »
Understand your point.However for those in the know,although Rougier was the coach of FC Southend,one of the reasons he was not the official Head Coach is because he had no coaching certification which the Pro League requires.This is why men like De Leon were named Head Coach although Rougier was coaching de side.Rougier was de Technical Director,now he can officially be de Head Coach. 
What level of coaching certification/qualifications does the Pro League require to coach a team in their league and is there a preferred Coaching Education Institution (local or international) ?
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Anthony Rougier believes in Pfister
« Reply #174 on: May 06, 2011, 12:29:59 PM »
<a href="http://www.kaltura.com/index.php/kwidget/wid/1_e84aaxfo/uiconf_id/1892491" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.kaltura.com/index.php/kwidget/wid/1_e84aaxfo/uiconf_id/1892491</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Anthony Rougier believes in Pfister
« Reply #175 on: May 06, 2011, 08:10:26 PM »
liek he has a choice but to believe

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ince among ex-nationals completing "C" License in NFA leg
« Reply #176 on: July 01, 2011, 05:15:00 PM »
Ince among ex-nationals completing "C" License in NFA leg
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF)

Former national team goalkeeper Clayton Ince was among the participants in the TTFF/Dutch KNVB “C” License Coaching Course for the Northern Football Association which ended at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Friday.

The course was the second among the regional associations thus far with the TTFF instructors have conducted another for the Southern FA at the Rousillac Community Centre last month.

Ince as well as former  national striker Nigel Pierre and defender Ian Gray underwent the five-day course with other representatives among the thirty coming from clubs such as Harvard, Queen’s Park CC, Savannah FC, Adam’s Construction San Juan Jabloteh, Police FC and Skeene/Hyacinth Football Institute among others.

National youth team trainer Gilbert Bateau past national senior team equipment manager Esmond O’Brien as well as ex-national Geoffrey Hospedales also opted to test their ability at the course.

Ince was all too encouraged by the practical and classroom sessions.

“It’s been a learning process. I’ve been playing for many years and it’s just a turning chapter now going into the coaching side of it,” Ince told TTFF Media.

“My observation of what is lacking in the football down here is discipline and professionalism and the finer things which we don’t usually pay attention to. So it’s not just a matter of learning to coach for me but rather about correcting things that we tend to let pass. This course augers well for our coaches. We tend to let things slide because of what we say is our culture but we have to change this culture if we want to go forward in the game. We have to come out of that comfort zone,” added the ex-Defence Force and Walsall custodian.
Northern FA President Roland Forde also expressed satisfaction with the running of the course.

“This is definitely going to bring some form of benefit to the football on the Nothern FA particularly for the community clubs. We  have wide conception of clubs in the NFA From Carenage to St James to Barataria and we’ve had an overwhelming response from participants which may lead to us having a second course for the NFA,” Forde said.

“We are seeing some of the candidates being past national and professional players which is a very positive sign for the development of the clubs from a coaching standpoint. It’s nice to see some of the past players coming back into the fray and the TTFF and by extension the regional associations will continue to work towards ensuring that there is a collective effort to develop the game locally,” he added.

Close to 150 local coaches have been certified by the TTFF/Dutch KNVB through the “C” license course since it began earlier this year and this number will continue to grow as the Federation conducts further courses in other parts of the country. The KNVB Academy is the Educational Department of the Royal Netherlands Football Association (KNVB). The KNVB Academy was founded in 1996 to concentrate all educational programs for Dutch football in one body, and is headquartered at Zeist. The operations of the KNVB Academy are focused on development of coaches, referees and administrators both in Holland and internationally.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NUyErN8qspw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NUyErN8qspw</a>
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 05:45:55 PM by Tallman »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ince among ex-nationals completing "C" License in NFA leg
« Reply #177 on: July 01, 2011, 06:54:56 PM »
I am excited by the numbers involved as well as experience further added & developed, bodes well for the future...especially liked Ince's comment, "necessary to change the culture"...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Ince among ex-nationals completing "C" License in NFA leg
« Reply #178 on: July 11, 2011, 07:12:33 AM »
Ince: No intentions to stop saving

Former English-based goalkeeper Clayton Ince isn’t ready yet to hang up his gloves. The ex-Crewe Alexandra custodian completed the TTFF/Dutch KNVB C License Course last week at the Hasely Crawford Stadium but insists he will not quit playing.

“Clayton Ince is still an active player. I will train and do as much as my body can take but as a coach I’m also looking to enter than rank in due time.

I want to bring my knowledge as a coach up to scratch through the coaching courses so that I can try to pass on a bit of experience to the upcoming players,” stated Ince who appeared for Ma Pau in the TT Pro League last season.

Ince was a member of the 2006 World Cup squad and also played in the 2010 qualifying campaign.

“I’ve enjoyed a pretty decent career both as an international player for the country and also professionally. I’m grateful for that and it’s a good time to give back through football for all that I have accomplished through the game,” added Ince who also set up an academy for the local athletes in Trinidad.

The 38-year-old former Defence Force man has 78 appearances for T&T and 276 appearances in association football in England dating back to1999 with Crewe, Walsall and Coventry City.

He was named in the Professional Football Association’s League Two “Team of the Year” in 2006/2007 and copped the Walsall “Player of the Year” for the 2008/2009 season.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFF conducts 'C' license for college coaches
« Reply #179 on: July 15, 2011, 06:43:35 PM »
TTFF conducts 'C' license for college coaches
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF)

Coaches from the Secondary Schools Football League will benefit from another leg of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation  “C” License coaching course in conjunction with the Dutch KNVB Academy from next Monday at the Ato Boldon Stadium.

And prior to that, the current TTFF instructors will under a refreshers course from the senior Dutch instructors from tomorrow at the Couva venue.

So far the TTFF has crossed 150 mark for the  number of coaches that have participated from various corners of the country.

A symposium for all local referees and officials on the new laws in refereeing was also conducted last week by former FIFA referee Ramesh Ramdhan as the TTFF attempts to keep up to speed with the developments in the game.  National head coach Otto Pfister will also attend an international coaches symposium in Germany this weekend.

1]; } ?>