April 26, 2024, 05:06:44 PM

Author Topic: TTFA License Coaching Course Thread.  (Read 78316 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF conducts 'C' license for college coaches
« Reply #180 on: July 15, 2011, 06:58:34 PM »
Just about the only good thing I've seen TTFF do in the last 3 years. Credit where credits due.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 15, 2011, 07:23:53 PM »
TTFF conducts 'C' license for college coaches
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF)

Coaches from the Secondary Schools Football League will benefit from another leg of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation  “C” License coaching course in conjunction with the Dutch KNVB Academy from next Monday at the Ato Boldon Stadium.

And prior to that, the current TTFF instructors will under a refreshers course from the senior Dutch instructors from tomorrow at the Couva venue.

So far the TTFF has crossed 150 mark for the  number of coaches that have participated from various corners of the country.

A symposium for all local referees and officials on the new laws in refereeing was also conducted last week by former FIFA referee Ramesh Ramdhan as the TTFF attempts to keep up to speed with the developments in the game.  National head coach Otto Pfister will also attend an international coaches symposium in Germany this weekend.
         This is positive news,is time.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
SSFL coaches complete 'C' license course
« Reply #182 on: July 28, 2011, 06:53:37 AM »
SSFL coaches complete 'C' license course
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF)

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation has added four new members to its panel of coaching instructors responsible for conducting the ongoing “C” License coaching courses.

Since the start of 2011, the TTFF has staged  several courses with 175 plus participants benefitting from these programs being delivered by  local instructors who have been specially trained by senior instructors from the Dutch KNVB.

Senior instructor Pete De Jong was in Trinidad last week to oversee an upgrade program for the instructors, among them being Anton Corneal, Rajeesh Latchoo, Marlon Charles, Richard Hood, Hayden Martin and Jamaal Shabazz. The new additions include Izler Browne, Hutson Charles, Damien Daniel  and Stuart Charles Fevrier. Angus Eve is also expected to be one of the new instructors but missed the previous sessions having been away on Olympic qualifying duty with the T&T Under 23 team.

De Jong said it was important that the panel of instructors continue to raise their level in order to ensure that the local coaches participating in the courses receive the highest possible level of training.

“What I have realized from the last time I have been here is that there have been different courses conducted by the local instructors and I have seen that the teaching has improved. This is always a good sign” De Jong told TTFF Media.

“ What we have done in the last three days for the coaching instructors is to raise their level especially with regards to match analysis… how to find the problems in the match analysis, to prepare the training form and to execute it. They are understanding it more and more and I have seen that the Secondary Schools  coaches are also catching on.”

It is expected to take roughly one year before coaches can graduate to the “B” License course and De Jong said the process would have to be carefully thought out and executed.

“First of all we have to raise the level of the first group of instructors who can now also teach the new instructors. The next course is going to be the B level and it is important that they graduate to the next level because the topics in the B level will be different and will require more knowledge. The local participants must also stay abreast of everything that is happening and be able to raise the knowledge for the next level,” De Jong added.

The most recent  “C” License course ended at the Ato Boldon Stadium last Friday with coaches from the Secondary Schools League being among the participants.

“We saw this as an important group targeted particularly because they are involved first hand with the younger ones. Not every player attends a coaching school or a club, so it is necessary that those in the secondary schools are properly trained and educated on the basics of the game and have access to this type of training from an early stage in their careers. For this to happen, we must ensure that those coaches in the schools are properly educated and trained to pass on the right kind of training to the players,” TTFF instructor Corneal said.

List of SSFL coaches completing latest C License course
Anastasia Griffith (Tranquility Secondary), Anil Mongru (Miracle Ministries), Cecil Nelson (Arima North), Christine Kydd-Francis (Siparia West Secondary), David Browne, Kurt Constantine (Success Laventille), Dennis Lalla (Cunupia Secondary), Duane Richardson (Mt Hope Secondary), Elvin Bartholomew (San Fernando East Sec.), Glenn Boodoosingh, Tyrell Gay  (Fyzabad Secondary), Iverne Yearwood (Siparia East Secondary), Jason Phillip (Barataria South), Jeffrey Seecharan (Princes Town West Sec.), Lawrence Rondon, Leon Carpette, Raymond Kennedy (Carapichaima East Sec.), Marline Joseph (Point Fortin East Secondary), Marlon Wiltshire (San Juan South), Michael Spencer (Mucurapo Sec.), Nicholas Griffith (Chaguanas North Sec.), Nicholas Jewnath (ASJA Boys), Paul Woo Ling (Maple Leaf), Sean Best, Trevor Elcock (St Augustine Secondary), Sheldon Santana (Tabaquite Secondary), Shurland Hartley (Diego Martin North), Tevon La Rose (Trinity College), Travis Joseph (Vessigny Secondary).

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #183 on: July 28, 2011, 07:17:30 AM »
Just about the only good thing I've seen TTFF do in the last 3 years. Credit where credits due.
This and the 2009 U20 team preparation.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 28, 2011, 10:50:03 AM »
Really surprising to see men coaching at the secondary level with no coaching certifications.  Every crook and they mammy have a coaching license in the U.S.  Are we surprised at why our players have such poor training habits and shoddy approaches to the game.  From grassroots and up, everyone should be certified.  As a matter of fact, I would mandate a minimum coaching certification requirement for men to coach at certain levels in Trinidad.  I believe the Pro League has already mandated this.  Correct me, if I am wrong.

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 03, 2011, 02:20:24 PM »
I am sceptical about these courses! Who licensed the conductors? What is otto doing attending symposium in Germany? Sound like he is getting a paid vacation! Hope it is not at our expense! This place jokey oui!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Carpette sees benefits to come from 'C' license course
« Reply #186 on: September 20, 2011, 08:14:25 PM »
Carpette sees benefits to come from 'C' license course
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF)

Former national midfielder Leon Carpette believe that youth footballers in this country need to do more training on their own and not wait for team sessions if they intend to develop at a rapid rate.

Carpette, who has four appearances and one goal for the T&T Senior team, was speaking after completing a TTFF/Dutch C License coaching course at the Ato Boldon Stadium recently. He spoke well about the course saying that he believed it would aid coaching development in T&T.

“Myself and the other guys have learnt a lot . The program was very informative and will help to improve the quality of coaching here in this country,” said Carpette who has been the coach at Carapichaima East Secondary.

“You never stop learning and not much is new to me because I’ve been attended a lot  of coaching programs with the Brazilians, English and so on and more or less they all look at football the same way but what struck me about this course is where you  start with the basic four v four, seven v seven and eleven v eleven as you go up with  the various ages.”

As to whether he thinks it could help lift the standard of play in the Secondary Schools League with some of the coaches from the schools having participated in the course, the former Paragon and San Fernando Strikers player added : “It should be able to lift the level of the league but what is lacking is the passion. You hardly see players training on their own. With a lot more work, you can improve your technique and skill and this program gives you some insight into that.

“I think it will help the coaches in the communities but it’s important that the youth come out regularly to the coaching sessions . They seem to be involved in other activities and then wait only for around the August period  to come out for training. By that time it’s already too late because then the season is right there and the year finishes shortly after.”

Carpette scored in a 2-1 win over Barbados in a 1978 World Cup qualifier in Bridgetown back in 1976. He also appeared in the 1974 World Cup qualifier versus Honduras which T&T lost 2-1 in Port-au-Prince, Haiti.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 20, 2011, 09:32:45 PM »
Former national midfielder Leon Carpette believe that youth footballers in this country need to do more training on their own and not wait for team sessions if they intend to develop at a rapid rate.

:thumbsup:

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 21, 2011, 04:55:42 AM »
Trinitozbone, as usual you are the jokey one, TALKING for TALKING sake. The TTFF C Licence course is fully supported by the KNVB - that's the Royal Dutch Football Association, in case you don't know. The Dutch trained the six TTFF instructors, some of whom, by the way, had already received training from FIFA and the English FA. The KNVB has supplied the teaching materials, and they regularly send an instructor mentor to work with local instructors. You don't KNOW anything about it, but in typical cantankerous manner you try to belittle the positive assessment of the course given by a top ex-national player - in this he is joined by Anthony Rougier, Kevin Jeffrey, Arnold Dwarika, and other ex-nationals who have also done the course. ALL of this is public knowledge. You need to stay in touch with ongoing developments before you TALK.

And by the way, Otto Pfister is attending the symposium of TOP international coaches as a means of PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT. he understands that even with his resume and experience one must continue to GROW - not to mention the fact that the event provides a ready means of refreshing contacts that may benefit us.

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 21, 2011, 04:57:24 AM »
...and by the way, again, Trinitozbone, Pfister PAID HIS OWN WAY to Germany...

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 21, 2011, 06:15:23 AM »
Rumour has it that only 2 coaches passed the C licence course in T&T. Is this really the case?
Live large and prosper!

Offline FineMan

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 21, 2011, 07:39:15 AM »
How does the C license course compare to the USSF courses here in the states and can anyone sign up for the courses or is it just invitation only?

I hope these courses leads to the establishment of a standardized coaching system across the board. This is the only way we can produce consistently good youth players for the national teams.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 21, 2011, 09:13:48 AM »
From the article: Carpette sees benefits to come from 'C' license course
“You never stop learning and not much is new to me because I’ve been attended a lot  of coaching programs with the Brazilians, English and so on and more or less they all look at football the same way but what struck me about this course is where you  start with the basic four v four, seven v seven and eleven v eleven as you go up with  the various ages.”

President, could you shed some light on this seeming contradiction? Where has this man been? In the Dark Ages?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 21, 2011, 09:23:14 AM »
Rumour has it that only 2 coaches passed the C licence course in T&T. Is this really the case?

It's not common practice to announce results. However, one would imagine that the coaches obtained some benefit from attendance at a course even if they didn't pass. The benefit could come in learning the appropriate sequential progression of a training session or what's  appropriate in terms of spatial allocation. One can't deny that there seems to be an element of mass production about these courses. Maybe the stats should be publicized.

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 21, 2011, 10:33:52 AM »
The TTFF C Licence course does not apply the "normal" process of having candidates attend the course, submit themselves to an examination, "pass or fail" and receive a certificate - or perhaps receive one without passing an exam. After this course is "ended" the candidates all must engage in practical with a team, which is monitored by the instructors, and finally submit themselves to a practical examination. Upon receiving a passing grade over the period successful candidates receive a Certificate of Achievement, Coaching, after all, is a PRACTICAL activity. I assure you, more than two candidates have been successful to date.

The central purpose of the C Licence course is to expose the candidates, not only to theoretical content - as important as this may be - but also to a methodology of PRACTICAL coaching, i.e WHAT to coach and HOW to coach it. The basis of all of this is the four-a-side game and its progressions. This is new to many candidates, which highlights the longstanding absence of coaching education opportunity within the TTFF, and speaks to the low general level of coaching development across the country.

All of that said, the course now exists and it is a legitimate product, supported by the Dutch coaching tradition, which no-one could reasonably challenge. How does it compare to the USSF offerings? I would venture to say it is certainly of a higher standard than the state diplomas, etc. but such a comparison is always open to debate. Can anyone apply for the course. In principle, yes. The TTFF must its course schedule on its website but...

Finally, the point must be made that one of the major failings of the CFU and CONCACAF is their joint lack of concern for the creation of a confederation-wide coaching education programme - as exists in Europe (UEFA), Asia (AFC) and Africa (CAF). This would allow the "smaller" national associations that cannot sustain their own coaching education programme to rely on the confederation offerings to develop their coaching talent.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 21, 2011, 12:41:38 PM »
The TTFF C Licence course does not apply the "normal" process of having candidates attend the course, submit themselves to an examination, "pass or fail" and receive a certificate - or perhaps receive one without passing an exam. After this course is "ended" the candidates all must engage in practical with a team, which is monitored by the instructors, and finally submit themselves to a practical examination. Upon receiving a passing grade over the period successful candidates receive a Certificate of Achievement, Coaching, after all, is a PRACTICAL activity. I assure you, more than two candidates have been successful to date.

The central purpose of the C Licence course is to expose the candidates, not only to theoretical content - as important as this may be - but also to a methodology of PRACTICAL coaching, i.e WHAT to coach and HOW to coach it. The basis of all of this is the four-a-side game and its progressions. This is new to many candidates, which highlights the longstanding absence of coaching education opportunity within the TTFF, and speaks to the low general level of coaching development across the country.

All of that said, the course now exists and it is a legitimate product, supported by the Dutch coaching tradition, which no-one could reasonably challenge. How does it compare to the USSF offerings? I would venture to say it is certainly of a higher standard than the state diplomas, etc. but such a comparison is always open to debate. Can anyone apply for the course. In principle, yes. The TTFF must its course schedule on its website but...

Finally, the point must be made that one of the major failings of the CFU and CONCACAF is their joint lack of concern for the creation of a confederation-wide coaching education programme - as exists in Europe (UEFA), Asia (AFC) and Africa (CAF). This would allow the "smaller" national associations that cannot sustain their own coaching education programme to rely on the confederation offerings to develop their coaching talent.

The theoretical part of the course is a major part in understanding the application of the PRACTICAL aspects of the game.

In regards to it being of a higher level than the state diplomas in the US, are you comparing the NSCAA or the USSF? A C license is - as you know - a National Course, not a diploma. The C license is a higher license focusing on 6v6 play and coaching in this format.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 21, 2011, 12:50:13 PM »
Whether it is better or worse than a USSF or NSCAA course is immaterial, sorry. It suits a useful purpose here in TnT. That is what matters. The USA isn't the only valid "yardstick"...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 21, 2011, 11:43:21 PM »

Appreciate the insights. Fully aboard with the sentiments in bold.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 21, 2011, 11:54:09 PM »
Whether it is better or worse than a USSF or NSCAA course is immaterial, sorry. It suits a useful purpose here in TnT. That is what matters. The USA isn't the only valid "yardstick"...

What's important is that there exists consistency in quality across the board regardless of the sponsor of the course ... and certainly, a pissing contest isn't helpful.

Has the KNVB adapted the course to local realities in any way or have they used their standardized approach exclusively?

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 22, 2011, 04:20:14 AM »
The course is adapted, Look Loy (as the person who initiated the involvement of the KNVB in this course and who was responsible for the TTFF Academy), and the local instructors have ensured that. And BTW, the TTFF has moved to dismiss Look Loy as its technical adviser. Politics...

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 22, 2011, 05:04:09 AM »
The course is adapted, Look Loy (as the person who initiated the involvement of the KNVB in this course and who was responsible for the TTFF Academy), and the local instructors have ensured that. And BTW, the TTFF has moved to dismiss Look Loy as its technical adviser. Politics...

I think it was Lincoln Phillips and not Keith Look Loy who initiated the involvement of the KNVB and also the person responsible for the TTFF Academy.

Read Flex interview with LP again!!!

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 22, 2011, 05:30:24 AM »
Sorry pal. The talks that led to the establishment of the C Licence course, and all that goes with it were initiated by Look Loy. The TTFF Academy, including its panel of six trained instructors and its requirement that coaches practice over time while being mentored, and then submit to a practical exam, was established by Look Loy. I ain't trying to piss further than you but these are the facts. Take them or leave them. In any event, who did it is not important. The coach education programme now exists.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 22, 2011, 06:36:04 AM »

:thumbsup:

This is so so so true! Believe me Carpett would know, for anyone who knows him will tell you he was a diligent trainer, one that could always be found trying to improve his own game. Any form of learning & eventual successful application requires many hours of self development. This has always been understood and appreciated in Academics & Art circles, so why should it not be true for Sport.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: TTFF starts 'C' license course for Pro League/Super League coaches.
« Reply #203 on: December 01, 2011, 04:51:03 AM »
Jeffrey supports TTFF ‘C’ License course.
By: Shaun Fuentes.

Former national striker Kevin Jeffrey appealed to all persons claiming to be concerned with the development of local football from the grassroots level to educate themselves by completing the ongoing T&TFF “C” License coaching course.

Jeffrey was speaking at the National Consultation on local football hosted by the Ministry of Sport on Monday. There were several contributions, some critical of the TTFF and the general running of local football but also several that were positive contributions.

Jeffrey said too many people not directly involved in football were having too much to say and should at least familiarise themselves with a proper approach to development starting with the “C” license which is conducted by TTFF instructors in conjunction with the Dutch Royal Academy.

“A lot of people bash the Pro League and the TTFF but the TTFF has a programme that a lot of people maybe do not know about. I want to encourage everybody who really say they love football to do that programme because when you do you will understand where our football really needs to go,” Jeffrey said.

“A lot of people come and talk here today but are they willing to really follow a project? In doing that programme you will see exactly the model that we can adopt. I’m not saying it’s the right or wrong model but we need a model,” He added that his club DirecTV North East Stars had a coach that the club will be sending to the course.

“We have one coach who is very enthusiastic. He is what we can afford right now and we will send him and that will enhance him.

My point is that if we don’t support this programme, we may not be supporting progress. “I will suggest that the Sports Ministry supports this programme because it has enhanced people like myself, Clayton Ince and Anthony Rougier.

“We have all bought into it. We have a lot of people with knowledge but we do not have a common foundation or model. People need to get in tune with that model,” added Jeffrey who spent eight seasons in the USL First Division.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 01, 2011, 04:59:38 AM »
When the Eastern FA had not even thought about organizing a coaching course, the EFA and the TTFF refused to grant permission to the rebel clubs united under the banner of the Movement for Football Excellence (MOVE) to organize said C Licence course. Almost forty coaches from the EFA, Eddie Hart Football League and Arima Football League were registered for the MOVE course. Keith Look Loy was the person who initiated and pursued the discussion with the Royal Dutch Football Association (KNVB) that has resulted in this C Licence course. Indeed, the course is based on a coaching education programme he wrote for the Caribbean Football Union, and which was adopted by the CFU in 2005 without ever being implemented. As ever, politics guided/guides every decision made by the self-same clique that ran both organizations.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 01, 2011, 06:51:36 AM »
How do you get to sign up for these course?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 01, 2011, 08:58:49 AM »
When the Eastern FA had not even thought about organizing a coaching course, the EFA and the TTFF refused to grant permission to the rebel clubs united under the banner of the Movement for Football Excellence (MOVE) to organize said C Licence course. Almost forty coaches from the EFA, Eddie Hart Football League and Arima Football League were registered for the MOVE course. Keith Look Loy was the person who initiated and pursued the discussion with the Royal Dutch Football Association (KNVB) that has resulted in this C Licence course. Indeed, the course is based on a coaching education programme he wrote for the Caribbean Football Union, and which was adopted by the CFU in 2005 without ever being implemented. As ever, politics guided/guides every decision made by the self-same clique that ran both organizations.
      Come on Mr President,you expected the TTFF to sanction this?is MOVE afiliated in some way to the TTFF?who controls Football in the country?if a programme was not or is not being implimented by the CFU that means something is wrong with it.I guess Look Loy was working on behalf of the TTFF when he wrote the coaching education programme and had discussions with (KNVB)

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 01, 2011, 09:22:56 AM »
Keith Look Loy was the person who initiated and pursued the discussion with the Royal Dutch Football Association (KNVB) that has resulted in this C Licence course. Indeed, the course is based on a coaching education programme he wrote for the Caribbean Football Union, and which was adopted by the CFU in 2005 without ever being implemented. As ever, politics guided/guides every decision made by the self-same clique that ran both organizations.
Mr. President, you are commiting the very thing you've been railing against; spreading misinformation. Look Loy did not initiate anything with the KNVB. Lincoln Phillips was the first to bring the KNVB course to Trinidad in 2007. Also, Look Loy was used by Jack do derail Lincoln's efforts with the coaching development programs. So, it is a bit ironic to see that Mr. Look Loy is now been caste aside and raging against the very machine he so willingly served. You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 01, 2011, 09:39:07 AM »
Why not start by licencing and training youth team coaches? Or SSFL U-14 ones, as they would be the first ones encountered on the path to top level football.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 01, 2011, 09:53:50 AM »
What's the curriculum? Or is it top secret?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>