March 28, 2024, 01:48:34 PM

Author Topic: TTFA License Coaching Course Thread.  (Read 76884 times)

truetrini

TTFA License Coaching Course Thread.
« on: December 15, 2005, 03:55:29 PM »
I heard from a very good source that the TTFF Technical Staff will be hosting D-Class Coaching Certification courses in Morvant, Laventille and in Caroni.

From waht my source told me, there is an abudance of natural talent in those areas and becaue there is a lack of trained coaches these players never develop to their fullest potential.

Caroni and araes of heavy east indian concentraton will also be targeted for coaching development as these areas are often overlooked.

meh source say dat dey eh have nuff indians playing top level ball in T&T and as a nation we have to unite and provide equal opportunity to all we citizens in all areas of society.

ah hear dey moving on morvant come either jan  or feb.  2006

« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 03:03:17 AM by Flex »

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Re: coaching courses for Laventille & Morvant coming..Caroni too!!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 03:58:20 PM »
As long as you can play football you should be looked at..no matter where you come from..that is a good sign..it have too much talent going to waste in TnT. Big Up to FOOTBALL IN SWEET TNT!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

truetrini

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 04:13:43 PM »
meh source tell me dat he see nuff talented youths from all age levels jes fall away..from 5-25 years old  jes fade away.

so dey going and try to do de right ting.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 04:19:44 PM »
Truetrini, that situation taking place for years in those neighborhoods. It about time the TTFF do something like this, hope is not a one time event.

truetrini

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 04:20:58 PM »
nah is part ah de Technical departments plans it seems.

I want to call de TD and ask him directly, but me eh have he number

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 04:22:25 PM »
Respect dat.

When deh comin to de countryside? Nuff yute in de country bad fuh days.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 04:25:40 PM »
hardest tell me dis many times, we have players in de indian areas also, but plenty in morvant, laventille, east dry river, shanty town (beetham estates), belmont, john john, dis is a good ting 2 hear, regardless of whether dey was doing it, it wasnt workin, i have real mantuh scout thru hardest for de team and for de future, more updates coming, glad tuh hear dis truetrini, hopefully it comes 2 light

vibes it up
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 04:28:13 PM by TrinInfinite »

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 07:23:48 PM »
poi poi go morvant/lavantille ;D
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2005, 10:28:01 PM »
oh gorm man True jes gih Trininfinite he props nah....special sources my backside jes say is 'Infinite nah.......steuuuuuuupes

Offline Sentinel

• Full Warrior
  • Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2005, 10:47:15 PM »
Ah vex...yes ah damn vex...accoring to Bunji....when you see me with meh face all screwed...yuh dun know.

So look at the places dey targeted.  Very high incidence of crime.  Morvant, Laventille and Caroni (de bamboo).  They not more talented than Barataria...Chaguanas...Santa Cruz...Point Fortin etc. 

But like dey really reading dis forum.  Social issues that have been discussed for the last four or five year's are finally being considered with some credance. 

Finalllyyyyy....they realize that investment in sport...music...arts...can be one of the main deterance against crime...so low and behold...they choose those areas that are most affected. 

As far as Caroni...predominantly Indian...wuh is dey excuse?...can't Indian people play football just as good.   My take....just politics....

For the longest while...Sam been sayng it!  Some say Sam mad...buh is true!  Is just a political shot to compensate for the exclusion of some people....who are in fact Trinbigonians.

But wid all dat is said and done....I welcome the effort.  It can only be beneficial considering the circumstances.

Luv U T&T

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2005, 10:58:10 PM »
Plenty tings changin rong here.

Coachin courses plannin to tek place in previously neglected areas.

Scoutin players in the less well to do parts of de country (ah eh seein no mention of Tobago...but ah hopin dey too or ESPECIALLY will be included)

Man sayin Sam eh mad

NOW

Truetrini and Trininfinite givin compliments to each oddah.  Nex ting yuh hear Truetrini in Toronto regular and Triniman completin de 3some.

LAWDDDDDD...as Nappy say....BRING BACK DE OLE TIME DAYS WEE!!!

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

truetrini

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2005, 11:09:43 PM »
Plenty tings changin rong here.

Coachin courses plannin to tek place in previously neglected areas.

Scoutin players in the less well to do parts of de country (ah eh seein no mention of Tobago...but ah hopin dey too or ESPECIALLY will be included)

Man sayin Sam eh mad

NOW

Truetrini and Trininfinite givin compliments to each oddah.  Nex ting yuh hear Truetrini in Toronto regular and Triniman completin de 3some.

LAWDDDDDD...as Nappy say....BRING BACK DE OLE TIME DAYS WEE!!!

let dem post some shit nah..de old time days eh gorn noway.

Tongue trininfinite eh tell me nutten..he eh my source at all, at all

TrinInfinite

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2005, 09:57:06 AM »
i not truetrini source, de man have he own links, juss like me, i ent know bout de triniman ting, tongue yuh need tuh scrub yuh tongue fuh dat one boss  ;D

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2005, 10:09:44 AM »
maker sure yuh get man like Ganga and danny them in deh first been doing de coaching thing for years
All American

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2005, 12:00:12 PM »
me eh say nutten bout Tree trini man nah.....no SIR!!! it wasnt me...call name ah go whistle doh

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2005, 12:20:34 PM »
Truetrini:

What are the different levels of certifications and where does the D-Class Coaching Certification course fall ????

Accordin to Rougier:

Only recently Rougier attended the CONCACAF Elite Player Development Workshop at the Centre of Excellence and later promised to get into coaching when he hangs up his boots.
He told Newsday that he wanted to work with youngsters especially in his hometown of La Brea. "Football is not only a game. It is a way of life and it can have a very positive effect on young people," he claimed. Rougier emphasised he wanted to help the young people reach their potential, since they have a lot, but only need the necessary guidance.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 01:18:45 PM by Tallman »
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2005, 07:30:50 PM »
Truetrini:

What are the different levels of certifications and where does the D-Class Coaching Certification course fall ????

Accordin to Rougier:

Only recently Rougier attended the CONCACAF Elite Player Development Workshop at the Centre of Excellence and later promised to get into coaching when he hangs up his boots.
He told Newsday that he wanted to work with youngsters especially in his hometown of La Brea. "Football is not only a game. It is a way of life and it can have a very positive effect on young people," he claimed. Rougier emphasised he wanted to help the young people reach their potential, since they have a lot, but only need the necessary guidance.
This is my understanding of these Lisences,every major country that plays Football have their own Lisence courses,don't matter what Lisence you have to work in these countries you have to acquire their Lisence.There are also organizations like FIFA,European etc that have Lisences you can acquire which will enable you to work anywhere.

This is so because of the different styles and methods different countries use.

What i realize is happening at home,Lincoln is useing the American system which has six different levels of Coaches plus a Lisence for Youth Coaches,which starts with F and goes up to A,the A and B have to be renewed every four years else you lose it,the others once you have it you are fine.

The F is a one day course,E is three days,C and D is i think is five days,A and B is seven days.You have to acquire the lower Lisences before doing A and B,there is also an exception if you have played professionally,international or Coached are both levels.   

Lincoln was one of the top Instructors out here on these Courses so i think he is implimenting it in T&T they are very Lisence concious out here, that's one of the criterias used to pay you,and you earn more respect depending on the qualifications you have,playing experience also helps.

What i see happenig he already did some E and F courses and now he starting to do some D courses.I personally think this is a move in the right direction Lincoln alone can't do it,our local coaches are on the field with the players every day,they need to improve themselves if our players are to improve.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 09:44:53 PM by Coop's »

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2005, 08:31:03 PM »
we need total development of all the talent we have in tnt.  and i gald that we make world cup cuz its a boost for all football in the county.

i hope more ppl look to tnt for football talent as they do brazil and argentina.. we have nuff  undiscovered talent here...

and its about time we put effort and engergy into them ...

truetrini

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2005, 09:14:18 PM »
My source told me that the TTFF Technical department with the blessings of Special advisor Austin Jack Warner plans to take football to every corner of T&T keeping with the original vision of Mr. Warner when he first strode to the top of the football hierarchy in T&T.

Morvant, Laventille and Caroni  are but the first steps in a National Program to develop promising footballers throughout the twin island Nation.

Other areas have traditionally benefitted most from TTFF programs.  This is a thrust to implement a truely natiional datebase of promising players and coaches in the country. 

When coaches have been selected, trained and certified, the training of players will be easier and better organized  for obvious reasons.

Additionally, national teams will be in constant training as trained and appointed coaches will have been appointed to lead these teams through their paces.

It looks likr a National program of football development is finally being implemented.

why the anger?

we have the men in place trying to do the job, they need our support  why th anger and the cussing?

Offline Behbehman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2006, 01:08:58 PM »
hardest tell me dis many times, we have players in de indian areas also, but plenty in morvant, laventille, east dry river, shanty town (beetham estates), belmont, john john, dis is a good ting 2 hear, regardless of whether dey was doing it, it wasnt workin, i have real mantuh scout thru hardest for de team and for de future, more updates coming, glad tuh hear dis truetrini, hopefully it comes 2 light

vibes it up

Ah so glad tuh hear dat dey doing someting fer John John and the rest ah the depressed areas in Trinidad...so much talent up dey...if the government gih mih ah wuk tuh go dey and help the yutes I eh go refuse...we have tuh find ah solution tuh alleviate the crime situation in the area.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
TTFA License Coaching Course Thread.
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2006, 06:17:12 AM »
FA Coaching Course at Macoya
(Newsday)

Wednesday, April 19 2006

THE 2006 edition of the FA International Coaching Licence course kicks off today at 8.30 am at the Dr Joao Havelange Centre of Excellence in Macoya.

The course will cover important aspects of the game including planning and preparation of coaching programmes, fitness and nutrition, strategies and tactics and the development of technical skills.

Over the past four years, more than 150 coaches from various countries in CONCACAF have attended this course which is on par with the UEFA Licence.

The Football Association (FA) has modified the programme this year into a more intensive schedule with extended hours of course work.

Participants will be tested on both theoretical and practical aspects of coaching and 30 coaches from 13 countries have been accepted for the course.

The FA Instructors are Graham Keeley, a coaching development manager with the FA and Michael Hennigan, an experienced coach and educator who has delivered coaching courses in several countries.

A special presentation on youth development will be delivered by Alvin Corneal, a member of FIFA Technical Study Group and the FIFA Football Committee.

CONCACAF Director of Development, Richard Braithwaite in praising the FA for their contribution to football in the region stated that an effective programme of coach education is fundamental to football success.

He added further that good knowledgeable coaches are important in order to identify talent and develop it to the highest level.

Braithwaite noted also that over the years, the CONCACAF Technical Department has staged numerous courses and workshops to enhance the skills of coaches throughout the region.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 02:50:13 AM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
TTFF stages goalkeeping diploma course this weekend
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2007, 05:56:23 PM »
TTFF stages goalkeeping diploma course this weekend.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation will stage a Goalkeeping Diploma 1 Coaching course at the Hasely Crawford Stadium starting this Friday and running until Sunday.
The course which will be conducted by Technical Director Lincoln Phillips is  a follow up of two FIFA/CONCACAF Goalkeeping courses which were  conducted in T&T in 1996 and 2002 by Phillips in his capacity as a FIFA instructor.  Candidates from all of the CONCACAF countries, including Michael Maurice and Ross Russell were exposed to the modern methods of goalkeeper coaching.
“The T&T goalkeeping initiative is designed to identify and develop the best goalkeeping coaches in the country,” Phillips told TTFF Media. Three Goalkeeping Diploma Courses have been developed by the “Legendary”  Phillips.
Top candidates will be selected to the T&T National Goalkeeping Staff, Phillips mentioned. Phillips was also instrumental in National Youth team and ex-Joe Public goalkeeper Thorne Holder obtaining a full scholarship to attend Maryland University which is rated among the best in the USA. Their head coach Sasho Cirovski is a colleague of Phillips and asked him to recommend a promising youth custodian from T&T. Within a couple days, two coaches flew to Trinidad to have a look and subsequently arranged for Holder to attain the scholarship. One of the assistants, Russell Payne, was a participant at age ten at  Phillips’ coaching camp “Top flight goalkeeping academy.”
Meantime, following this weekend’s course, the next  goalkeeping event here will be  a huge nation-wide goalkeeping ID program for boys and girls U-12 to adult. The goalkeepers will be graded on a scale of 1 - 10. Goalkeepers scoring 7-9 (there will never be a 10, will be kept in a national pool for national training purposes. The ones that score below 7 will also be monitored.
In April, and invitation only camp for goalkeepers will be set up to allow the fine tuning of the country's top male and female goalkeepers.
In 2008 the process will continue but with additional Diploma courses and camps for elite as well as beginning goalkeepers.
“We expect to see an improvement in the level of goalkeeping within two years. Professional and senior goalkeepers will be involved in the training of youth goalkeepers within all regional associations,” Phillips told TTFF Media.

The Goalkeeping Diplomas

Diploma I (three days) This is the beginning level for goalkeeper coaches (similar to the D level Coaching License).  The Diploma 1 curriculum includes: proper stance (ready position), fielding low and waist-high shots, catching, diving, punching, deflecting (over the bar and around the post, distribution: throwing and kicking).

Diploma II (5 days)- The curriculum focuses on the tactical aspect of goalkeeping: Angle play, cross balls, break aways (1v1), restarts, communication with defenders. Technique is still stressed at this level but more during the course of game situations (application to game situations)

Diploma III  (5 days)- This diploma is the highest level of goalkeeping certification in T&T. The curriculum includes all of the above and exposes the candidates to various methods of training the goalkeeper with the team.
CFU appoints new events coordinator.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

The Caribbean Football Union has brought on board a new events coordinator to work in its organization.
Trinidadian Angenie Kanhai began her duties on Monday following her appointment last week. Kanhai will be based at the CONCACAF/CFU offices in Port of Spain and will work along with recently appointed General Secretary Afzal Khan and his staff following full approval from CFU President Jack Warner.
Khan got his first taste of activity at the CFU level during the Digicel Caribbean Cup last month and now Kanhai will assist with organizing and staging of the CFU Congress, scheduled for Curacao from March 26-28 followed by the CFU Under 15 Championship in mid-2007.
Kanhai was last attached to the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs as a Physical Education and Sport Officer and also worked at the Hasely Crawford Stadium where she served too as a translator for Latin American officials, teams and media during the 2006 World Cup qualifiers and also performed a similar role at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium during the 2001 FIFA Under 17 World Championship. Kanhai is a graduate of Holy Faith Convent, Couva and the International School of Physical Education and Sport in Havana, Cuba.
On the CFU’s latest appointment, Khan added: “We look forward to having Miss Kanhai in our organization now and we intend to utilize her in the best way possible as we seek to ensure that all our activities are of a high standard. President Warner has approved the appointment and he is anticipating a continuation of professionalism with regards to all events under the CFU.
“We have a hectic year ahead of us because football is year round. The Congress is right around the corner and that of course is a vital coming together of all the member associations. Then we have the youth tournaments and before you know it the 2010 World Cup qualifiers will be kicking off,” Khan stated. The events coordinator post was once held by Kerri-Ann Alleyne who has since began duties at the CONCACAF’s Head Office in New York.
The CFU was founded on the 28th of January 1978. Its head office is situated in T&T under the distinguished leadership of Warner as Founding Member and President of the CFU.
The union has a membership of 30 Caribbean countries. Its mandate is to develop football across the Caribbean involving various age groups from youth to senior players.  Its partnership since 2004 with the exciting brand, Digicel, has significantly raised the profile and status of the Caribbean Cup and is positively developing the interest of players and fans, and expanding the growth of football in the region.
The Caribbean Football Union will continue to seek and present opportunities to its membership in order to be the catalysts of growth for Caribbean football.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF stages goalkeeping diploma course this weekend
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2007, 06:30:18 PM »
"The course which will be conducted by Technical Director Lincoln Phillips"
yeah Mr Phillips...doh go no where
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2007, 09:19:19 PM »

Class act, he is.  :beermug:  There is hope.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2007, 09:59:50 PM »

Class act, he is.  :beermug:  There is hope.

:applause:  Yuh damned RIGHT!! I look forward to taking one of his coaching courses.  I didn't know until now that Trinidad had these goalkeeping courses (but with LP in the fold, I should have known better, duh!) Putting aside that fateful game against the US in '89 and all the dressing room politics that was alleged to be involved, I will never forget how amazed I was the first time, as a little boy, I saw Michael Maurice play in the Oval for Police.  The man was a hell of a 'keeper!  Same thing for Ross Russell.  I was floored by this boy's natural ability when I first played against him and he still remains one of the coolest and mellowest of all our footballers of this (or, my) generation.  With these guys, Shaka and Michael McComie (another of one of the most naturally talented goalkeepers I have  ever seen at home) holding ranks in the coaching fraternity, The future of T&T goalkeeping is in excellent hands. Bless! :chilling:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2007, 10:27:23 PM »
I wish I had access to those kinds of opportunitites when I was back home.  Imagine the most promising goalkeepers being invited to a camp, where they really get the chance to learn and show their stuff, as against a one-time-only screening session.  Nice :thumbsup:

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2007, 10:55:13 PM »
was wonderin how this got no mention

luckily enuff i'll be in it from tom.
first time doing a GK course like this..been to a normal coaching one....

always wanted to do something like this since i known of Lincoln Phillips and read his book and the Tony Diccio camp...hopefully it's interesting...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2007, 04:07:59 AM »
Good work Mr Phillips..... a bit short notice though...

I hope Lincoln take Duarance, Jan, Marvin, Charles and Graham under he wing to help improve them young keepers coming up, they need some guidance.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 05:53:38 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2007, 05:39:00 AM »
What can you do if you're in Tobago or south and just found out about this? Drop everything and run? The initiative is good, but unless invitees were preselected, I would say not good enough! :devil:
Live large and prosper!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2007, 10:34:35 AM »
was wonderin how this got no mention

luckily enuff i'll be in it from tom.
first time doing a GK course like this..been to a normal coaching one....

always wanted to do something like this since i known of Lincoln Phillips and read his book and the Tony Diccio camp...hopefully it's interesting...

Lucky for you.  I was supposed to be home this weekend and would have dropped my family gathering to attend this.  Tell us how it was.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

1]; } ?>