April 24, 2024, 05:52:59 PM

Author Topic: Comment from Zamora  (Read 7560 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Comment from Zamora
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2005, 02:05:23 PM »
Under no circumstances should we bring Zamora (or any other late commer) at this stage into the side:

1) We got the WC without him, we will do just as fine without him there
2) All the &$)%^£ time he had his chance...we dont want nobody jumping on the bandwagon now...now that things nice and dandy...and we in the WC...we dont want yuh!
3) Why deprive the players who have worked hard to put us in the WC Finals a chance at playing on the grand stage...NOT FAIR!!
4) HE IS NOT EVEN THAT GOOD...Stern and Kenwyne will do JUST GREAT!
5) Need I say more

Done

1 comment steeeeps
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2005, 08:50:24 PM »
Under no circumstances should we bring Zamora (or any other late commer) at this stage into the side:

2) All the &$)%^£ time he had his chance...we dont want nobody jumping on the bandwagon now...now that things nice and dandy...and we in the WC...we dont want yuh!
3) Why deprive the players who have worked hard to put us in the WC Finals a chance at playing on the grand stage...NOT FAIR!!
5) Need I say more

Done

There will be new players in the squad most likely. Beenie looking to field the best side and is looking at everybody for a reason. His job is not to help our development but to show some results in Germany so he'll pick who is necessary.

If yuh feel that we ent need anyone else then you prob haven't seen any of the hex matches or are just fooling yourself. The sides we are coming up against are not among the best in CONCACAF but the best in the world. If we didn't clinch an automatic spot in our own qualifiers what makes you think we'll clinch one for the second rounds without some sort of changes made?

Offline Ramizinho

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2005, 12:00:55 AM »
Agreed...we should field our strongest squad...BUT without compromising or morals. I see a lot of wrong in looking to draft into these last minute players.
How big a difference are they really going to make? Very little I believe.

I am with Rodney and Jefferz on this one....%@%* them...And what are you talking about we need enforcements?? Totally disagree. Our CURRENT warriors, if you seem to forget, WENT to the Azteca, an probably gave the Mexicans (not just a seeded team but one of the best) one of their most difficult homes games...that was one of the best games I have seen from the Warriors (dont mind we lost to 2 soft goals..we played DAMN good)...AND then of course we BEAT them at home...SO, based on that...our CURRENT warriors i think have ENOUGH firepower to challenge the best in the world.

Now i not saying we will win all our games...but I can guatantee you these guys will go and play their hearts out...and they will fight every plast minute...

We should not encourage these later-comers...they have NO passion for Trinidad, and they will joining the team solely to boosts their personal careers by getting a bligh on the big stage

f*£&$ dem!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2005, 07:54:00 AM »
Agreed...we should field our strongest squad...BUT without compromising or morals. I see a lot of wrong in looking to draft into these last minute players.
How big a difference are they really going to make? Very little I believe.

I am with Rodney and Jefferz on this one....%@%* them...And what are you talking about we need enforcements?? Totally disagree. Our CURRENT warriors, if you seem to forget, WENT to the Azteca, an probably gave the Mexicans (not just a seeded team but one of the best) one of their most difficult homes games...that was one of the best games I have seen from the Warriors (dont mind we lost to 2 soft goals..we played DAMN good)...AND then of course we BEAT them at home...SO, based on that...our CURRENT warriors i think have ENOUGH firepower to challenge the best in the world.

Now i not saying we will win all our games...but I can guatantee you these guys will go and play their hearts out...and they will fight every plast minute...

We should not encourage these later-comers...they have NO passion for Trinidad, and they will joining the team solely to boosts their personal careers by getting a bligh on the big stage

f*£&$ dem!

yes we beat mexico but that was not the same mexico team that we played in mexico. And the mexico game was not played in azteca stadium
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2005, 05:50:29 PM »
yup

Offline marcovbasten

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2005, 06:51:50 AM »

if you were beenhakker what would you do?

pick better players with little affection to tnt and win

pick less good players with a lot of affection to tnt and loose

it's a big thing for beenhakker to do good,in fact he never makes the right disission

i think he does not start with the new players,but bring em in if things do not work out as they should.

respect to the DON

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2005, 09:53:02 AM »
"in fact he never makes the right disission"
I dunno if iz the spelling that throwing me off, but...
WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT?!!!!
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2005, 01:27:09 PM »
This all seeming like men want to cut off dey nose to spite dey face

Nothing really said about d man ability to run ball...allyuh figure we is d only country dat run into dis situation since we make WC? How much goals Stern scoring when he ent getting pick for side? We need depth and options with more versatile players, we better get used to d fact dat some men we might see in germany wasn't there on d ride in. He breaking into he side in EPL when we have men on we team dat doh even make bench in smaller leagues, kinda says something about he ability.

As part of d scouting process give d man a run...Beenie is a professional and I trying to think like a pro would instead of a regular fan. Yuh figure d TTFF appealing for Jlloyd on kicks? Is because d man could offer something in terms of talent as he running ball on d highest level, same with Zamora. Dem ent studying who say and what say, dat is small island mentality. Let dem earn dey spot like everybody else.

If it doh work, den it doh work but yuh ent go know till yuh try...as far as he spitting on we...well all dat in d past now. I looking what could happen on d field not in d newspapers.

i'de rather us lose horribly with our pride intact whether than bring that treachorous dog to play for us. He has no love for this twin island country. He disgusts me.

Zamora has no people anymore. If he became Ronaldo in a week i'd still say f**k YOU.

all this from people who have never even met the man. when you get older you will learn that the media does not always give you the truth. and you never know a man until you meet him face to face...and even then.

all de Zamora hate over what? because he turn us down in the earlies. anybody know why? of course not. we just feel we know. we making very educated guesses but we really doh have the full story. you will neer get the full story from the press or an interview. i have asked this a million times but noone dare touch it...how do you feel about Shaka? Do you hate him and think he is a shittong. One could aregue that if he had joined us earlier in his career at his peak we would ahve ahd a better chance fo making the WC...but he continuously turned us down...not once...not twice..not three times. but we forgive and move on once he proved his loyalty later on. people who interested in just arguing will disagree with me. anyone with any exposure to the press or who have multi-national identities might have a bit more of an open-mind. There are good points being made by both sides...but face it...we rely on some basic assumptions to make our points about people we have never met and do not know...so there is no basis to get extreme and be absolutist

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2005, 01:36:17 PM »
rodney, the man said nothing evil about trinidad and tobago. like triniman said, he just said he cannot play cuz hes ineligible. theres nothing wrong with that. must he follow that with a 'i really really pretty please wanted to play for trinidad'?
 he answered the question directly. maybe he didnt have time to make a statement like that or his tone of voice implied it.
Hart for president

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2006, 02:09:33 PM »

5) Need I say more

Done

I also agree with this, we have a core of players to work with who took us to Germany and they will end it for us in Germany, anybody else would wait in the wings.
Birchall will always have my gratitude and respect, because he took a risk and earned his place. It is ironic that Zamora (black) was doubting us and pretty much said in not so many words that we were a waste of time. Birchie was an unkown white boy sweatin blood for a country that he had never seen before.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2006, 02:30:12 PM »
The Coach will pick the Team- That is why we have a coach. FULL STOP.
Coaches like to win and they will pick the best players-

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2006, 02:32:00 PM »
Doh study Zamora.....Collin Samuel waitin fuh a call-up and raring to go.  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2006, 02:51:21 PM »
Hey Rodney and all the other UK Trinis, what the vibe like over there how come them men who born there doh have no love for T&T? I can't for the life of me understand these Trinis' children doh have no affinity for T&T. My children born here in the US and they know all kinds ah tings bout Trini and have been home several times and most of my pardnah's kids feel the same way. What dey doing allyuh in England boy????
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline real-warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2006, 04:15:13 PM »
as is he gives a shit about us...

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2006, 04:33:06 PM »
Hey Rodney and all the other UK Trinis, what the vibe like over there how come them men who born there doh have no love for T&T? I can't for the life of me understand these Trinis' children doh have no affinity for T&T. My children born here in the US and they know all kinds ah tings bout Trini and have been home several times and most of my pardnah's kids feel the same way. What dey doing allyuh in England boy????

Man...when I came back to England I was surprised as well. The strange thing is it seem to be mainly Trini's who seem to forget where they come from and REAL fast as well. Doh get me wrong, I ain't making ah blanket statement about all Trini's in the UK but let me put it this way....meh mother came back to England about 4 years after me and she was saying the same thing only a few days after arriving in England. The people who born and/or grow up in T&T generally keep a connection....but having spent alot of time in New York I have to agree that the affinity 2nd and 3rd generation Trini's have fuh T&T is nothing compared to those in the US.

I guess the main reason is the Trini community in England is much smaller than that in Canada and the US and most of the Trini's my family know don't live in areas like Peckham and Brixton and in many occasions are the only Caribbean people in their community. So I suppose its a case of 'out of sight out of mind'. I've met a few Trini fellas and ladies since I've been in the army but bar one case...if they hadn't told me they were Trini's because they 'recognised meh accent' I would have never known and amazingly many of them have been here less time than me! Yet ah could tell who is Jamaican, St. Lucian, Belizian's etc straight off....strange.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2006, 06:13:23 PM »
Doh study Zamora.....Collin Samuel waitin fuh a call-up and raring to go.  :beermug:

yea boy grande ya have meh backin da statement dey!
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2006, 07:26:02 PM »

I guess the main reason is the Trini community in England is much smaller than that in Canada and the US and most of the Trini's my family know don't live in areas like Peckham and Brixton

I doubt that  my aunts went to england before they came to canada that was in the  60's i think that was during a time called the "wind rush" not sure if that is the term. They saY they met alot of trinidadians and nuff westindians   up there !! they stayed in lambeth (i think its in london not sure) and brixton then in the early 70's the migrated to canada. Plus i knew a few people who migrated to england . I think it more has to do with people forgetting thier roots  cause there are nuff trini up there in england .DoH FORGET BILLY OCEAN ALSO
my pops told me about  people he knew going to england since he a boy and that was in the 30's and 40's

rodney you hang out in the westindian community like the poster futbol ah just wondering

1]; } ?>