April 25, 2024, 04:33:40 PM

Author Topic: Where were ‘Bahrainies’ in early days?  (Read 3399 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Where were ‘Bahrainies’ in early days?
« on: December 17, 2005, 09:26:02 AM »
Letter to the Trinidad Newsday

THE EDITOR: I read with interest, the remarks by Mr Jack Warner that the supporters who went to Bahrain for the final game would be given first preference on the chartered arrangements for the Germany World Cup 2006.

Now, over the years, Mr Warner has continuously called down fire and brimstone on supporters and sponsors who come in at the end of a campaign only when victory is in sight.

It therefore seems to me that he has changed his philosophy in that the "Bahrainies" (if I may call them that) who came in at the end of the campaign would now have the luxury of choice for this once in a lifetime event.

Somehow I don’t recall seeing these "Bahrainies" in St Vincent and St Kitts two years ago when we caught our ‘nennen’ to beat them in the preliminary rounds. Without the support of Woodbrook Playboyz, great goalkeeping by Ince and the 50 or so supporters, TT would have been trounced in these games and the opportunity for a TT vs Bahrain play off, or even a TT vs Mexico game would not have existed.

So tell me, what is the rationale for the just come "Bahrainies" being given first choice? Anyway I would like to volunteer my services to the TTFF as one of the 22 officials needed in Germany.

W S PIERRE
Diego Martin
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>