April 26, 2024, 05:49:32 PM

Author Topic: What's the latest with Theobald and Falkirk?  (Read 4110 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What's the latest with Theobald and Falkirk?
« on: December 19, 2005, 02:33:05 PM »
Sorry if I missed it in another thread, but last I remember there was a lil bump in the road with him moving on to Falkirk.....anybody knows what has happened since ?

« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 06:36:50 PM by Tallman »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What's the latest with Theobald and Falkirk
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 02:57:41 PM »
Real have real licks to get. Players quarrellin with fans and all kinda ting. Yuh side fallin apart at the seams
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 03:00:22 PM »
Real have real licks to get. Players quarrellin with fans and all kinda ting. Yuh side fallin apart at the seams

Yeah it's been a bad year so far. I really doh have much to say about it. I'm just a fan.

They have their issues to work out and I wish them the best.

But what about Theobald and Falkirk ?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 03:10:40 PM by kicker »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 03:05:18 PM »
Right now Reall worse thatn the Olympic Dream Team.  They in ah mess.  Too many superstars.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 03:16:33 PM »
Right now Reall worse thatn the Olympic Dream Team.  They in ah mess.  Too many superstars.

No disrespeck, but you talkin TATA dey.  That's about as simplistic an explanation as it can have.

It's not about too many superstars or else Juventus, Milan, Barcelona etc woulda have de same problems.

It's about having the right personnel (which they have) AND the proper COACH.

Real had all those stars when Del Bosque was coach and dey was lickin up everybody.  From de time dey fire he, it's been a steady procession downwards.

A TEAM is not just the players on the team but the ENTIRE personnel, from stars to ball boys.

Just like a good COACH is not necessarily the one who cvould come up with great tactics but one who can get the most out of each player for the benefit of the TEAM.

This is why Beenhakker is an excellent COACH.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 03:32:41 PM »

Yeah it's been a bad year so far. I really doh have much to say about it. I'm just a fan.

They have their issues to work out and I wish them the best.

hard luck dey kicker. untill someone has an answer to your question, we go ha tuh talk bout Real

No disrespeck, but you talkin TATA dey. That's about as simplistic an explanation as it can have.

It's not about too many superstars or else Juventus, Milan, Barcelona etc woulda have de same problems.

Real had all those stars when Del Bosque was coach and dey was lickin up everybody.  From de time dey fire he, it's been a steady procession downwards.

A TEAM is not just the players on the team but the ENTIRE personnel, from stars to ball boys.

Just like a good COACH is not necessarily the one who cvould come up with great tactics but one who can get the most out of each player for the benefit of the TEAM.

Palos, if is one thing i cyar understand, is when people say Madrid have too much stars. I don't understand why  people cannot see that the administration ALONE mashing up the club. Under Del Bosque, the team was running rings around people. He implement the tactics, and let men do what they have to on de field. They were one man short of domination (probably a last-stopper or one more defensive midfielder). The idiot Perez decide to mash up things and everybody now disillusioned. How can you play well if they sell the best defensive midfielder in the world, firing and hiring coaches every 3-6 months, and talking a set a foolishness bout club image etc. Add to the fact that these are already successful professionals, and yuh have a disinterested team.
Ketch footballitis

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2005, 03:48:20 PM »

No disrespeck, but you talkin TATA dey.  That's about as simplistic an explanation as it can have.

Horse doh waste yuh energy on da man. He probably eh watch no Madrid games this year...or last year....or maybe ever......Or if he has, he was too captivated by the "superstars". I on the other hand have seen a good bit of their games for quite a few season running. Like you say there are obviously some issues off the field with the team.......and there's an obvious lack of balance in the team as well.....not to mention a significant level of "out of form-ness"

Apart from that, Madrid's "Superstars" are more like brandnames and are not necessarily football players that perform at a higher level than the other top players in Europe. People who use Madrid's "superstardom" alone to justify why they should be a dream team are the types of people who when they talk and when they fart, it's the same thing. They know little of football, and are just caught in the hype.

Zidane is a "superstar", but he is obviously approaching the twilight of his career. Roberto Carlos is a "superstar" but he is not a game winner...Raul is a "superstar", but is form has been off for quite some time....Ronaldo is a "superstar".....and he only plays when he feels like it.....Beckham is a "superstar"..but half of his superstardom has to do with the glitz and glamour as opposed to his footballing ability.........

When you think about it.......Juventus, Milan, Inter, Chelsea and even Barca to some extent are teams with the same level of "superstar-ness" as Madrid......Madrid is just publicized as a very big spender (Chelsea in modern times too).....People like to single out Madrid as the superstar team...the galacticos etc...... but that's alot of marketing...not necessarily football.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 03:51:46 PM by kicker »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2005, 03:51:51 PM »
Palos, if is one thing i cyar understand, is when people say Madrid have too much stars. I don't understand why  people cannot see that the administration ALONE mashing up the club. Under Del Bosque, the team was running rings around people. He implement the tactics, and let men do what they have to on de field. They were one man short of domination (probably a last-stopper or one more defensive midfielder). The idiot Perez decide to mash up things and everybody now disillusioned. How can you play well if they sell the best defensive midfielder in the world, firing and hiring coaches every 3-6 months, and talking a set a foolishness bout club image etc. Add to the fact that these are already successful professionals, and yuh have a disinterested team.

Breds...u know wha u talkin about.  Dat Real administration wit Perez and when dey had Valadano too (a nex idiota) real mess up dah club.  Is under Del Bosque I see dat side make a pretty decent Man Boo team look like a schoolboy outfit in both legs.  To this day, still some of the best football I see from ANY CLUB!  That season, they were magical.  Nex season,because dey didn't win de League dat year, dey fire de man wee...and on top a dat, leggo Makelele even doh de players beg fuh dem not to release either.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2005, 04:14:30 PM »
somebody answer de blasted question nah....Is ah Theobold/Falkirk thread and one setta idiotic posts 'bout Real madrid pop up. hadda be Marcos starting dat nonsense...hear what I have to say to day....BARCELONA MASHING UP EVERYBODY DIS ROUNDS :devil: :devil:

sorry...couldn't help it

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2005, 04:22:47 PM »
Theobald still home, he and Jemmott does lime everyday, read TrinInfinite interview.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 04:24:27 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2005, 04:26:11 PM »
Theobald still home, he and Jemmott does lime everyday, read TrinInfinite interview.

I knew that much......was curious as to whether any further developments had taken place......

but thanks anyway....

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2005, 05:16:48 PM »
hmmm dont trow stone if yuh living in ah ............................
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline TARTANARMYOF2

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2005, 06:27:12 PM »
Sorry if I missed it in another thread, but last I remember there was a lil bump in the road with him moving on to Falkirk.....anybody knows what has happened since ?

nothing to update other than falkirk boss said that talks were continuing and probably no decision 'till after christmas.try these links fer updates

www.falkirkfc.co.uk

www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbfansforum

http://sport.scotsman.com

:beermug: :beermug:
if you tremble with indignation at any injustice,then you are my comrade!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What's the latest with Theobald and Falkirk?
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2005, 07:56:37 PM »
Thanks Tartan........ :beermug:

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2005, 08:08:16 PM »
I was wonderin if NO ONE was gonna ansah de question
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2005, 08:40:59 PM »
Theobald would definitely make it in dah league.

truetrini

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2005, 08:42:14 PM »

Theobald better dan Rahim?

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2005, 08:50:47 PM »

Theobald better dan Rahim?

Yes.....I find so. Rahim fall behind the curve playing college boys and lookin like ah star. When he turn pro...different story.

Hmmmm
Ask Leo...Theo dey where Rahim ???

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2005, 07:19:14 AM »
Nah horse..Rahim fall behind the curve when he stop playing college ball and try to turn pro. When he first break onto the scene in that Gold Cup, he was playing better than Theo ever play for Trinidad...the man look like he was going to just make a smooth transition to the international scene, then it all fell apart when he start looking for contract and stop getting regular sweat.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2005, 07:33:09 AM »
 Rahim is a wild man...He does just skate down man in the centre...He should go and play ice hockey or something  :rotfl: ...I thought the man would have been good but it int turn out so

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2005, 07:33:34 AM »

Real problem is president Perez.

They are way to impatient with the coaches. They need to give men at least 2 seasons.

They acting like they have a big squad when they really just have a squad with aging stars. Their defence is horrible. But the real reason why Barca spanked them is that their team speed is the worst.

Plus, they try to bench Owen when he was doing well for them and who did they buy? Julio Baptista! What a waste of time. He have no touch. Robinho is a good dribbler but he is not gonna score a bunch of goals.

They need more front office vision. Right now they sticking.
TnT Patriot

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2005, 07:37:15 AM »
rahim problem is he try to make it with the big boyz to fast . he wanted to mke a jump to premiersip after playing college football by joining westham  it is not going to work like that yuh cannot run before yuh could even creeep 1 step at a time ghe should have taken the peanuts contract and played in the mls for a few years  and improved or go play in the english second division .
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2005, 08:00:40 AM »

Real problem is president Perez.

They are way to impatient with the coaches. They need to give men at least 2 seasons.

They acting like they have a big squad when they really just have a squad with aging stars. Their defence is horrible. But the real reason why Barca spanked them is that their team speed is the worst.

Plus, they try to bench Owen when he was doing well for them and who did they buy? Julio Baptista! What a waste of time. He have no touch. Robinho is a good dribbler but he is not gonna score a bunch of goals.

They need more front office vision. Right now they sticking.
Real Persident is the problem but Real Madrid...Real just have to peak at the right time...I have faith that they will win the La liga and the UEFA

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2005, 09:50:54 AM »
real had a good run
but they goin through a bad patch so they have to retool now
robinho was a good start
beckham is player who you can build around (see England bomb squad)
Ronaldo still have it but jus need to catch back form
Raul gone thru fopr 3 yrs now. If he wasn't Spanish he woulda be gone longgggggggggggggggg time
They jus need to catch a form, breed or pull in a creative midfielder to replace Zizou and they good to go.
Problem is Zizou's doh grow on trees.
But remember in the pre-zizou days
they used to mash up pppl anyway so maybe they eh need another one.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Ned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2005, 09:54:59 AM »
anyhoo back to the topic  :-\

The Theobold transfer was always going to be in January if at all , I've seen no recent press reports linking him with a move to FFC . He is already listed as a Falkirk player on some websites .

Falkirk manager John Hughes stated in this weeks Falkirk Herald that he intends to strengthen the squad during the transfer window and has been down in England scouting - center backs are a priority .

I hope Denzil is better that Rahim btw  ???

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2005, 11:12:08 AM »
wha about Arenas is still an @$$ and every team in the world fraid Barca

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2005, 08:16:38 PM »

i spoke to him last night. he is my boy from long time, he told me that he wating for the transfer window to open jan 2006 to get things stettled.

if anyone have any questions to ask him or need more info about him,the club or the transfer. just link me.

i limin with him ove rthe weekend.

bless

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2005, 09:17:39 PM »

Does that mean he has a contract lined up and is just paperwork?

If so then that is good news.

Offline Ned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2005, 03:14:30 AM »
badboy - did Denzil mention Falkirk in particular ?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2005, 10:25:10 AM »

Nex season,because dey didn't win de League dat year, dey fire de man wee...and on top a dat, leggo Makelele even doh de players beg fuh dem not to release either.

No Palos... dey win de league that year.... and dey still fire de man...
according to them they wanted to go ah different direction than Del Bosque... ah guess that direction was down!  :-\
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>