April 23, 2024, 11:31:44 AM

Author Topic: New players  (Read 27259 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Why is beenie looking for new players?
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2005, 05:28:49 PM »
Don't forget that Beenie hasn't been in charge of T&T for  long, and he had to do a rush job to get us through those WCQ games.  Now that he has some more time he can look around to see what potential players are out there.

Just because you tink we have our best players doh mean dat Beenie is convinced of that.  De man workin for his salary, and it is what any new coach would do.

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2005, 05:40:00 PM »
Check d post on this board when Gally was talking about d Strike Squad...it had men competing for dey place in all d spots and make dem perform...having some depth in all positions and some variance so we could switch up d game plan if d sh*t hit d fan is always a good thing.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2005, 05:44:33 PM »
Don't forget that Beenie hasn't been in charge of T&T for  long, and he had to do a rush job to get us through those WCQ games.  Now that he has some more time he can look around to see what potential players are out there.

Just because you tink we have our best players doh mean dat Beenie is convinced of that.  De man workin for his salary, and it is what any new coach would do.

Peong, both you and I along with other posters are fully aware of what our country has to offer as regards talent, and I don't believe that anyone should deny that the current squad and pool players are indeed our best, so unless Beenie know of some Trinbagonian player on another planet - let's be real. I am interested in team building, if I am to accept what several posters have stated - that we will get real licks in the finals, then the focus should be on having us work together as a team, because even if we find one Trini player as good as some of the best on earth, we won't find two, he is only one guy, and at the end of the day we need a team.

Trindad player are very talented, our problem has never been our skill level, but our minds, if we fix that then we will do better than just qualifing. If we need to tweak our left side then add let's utilize players like pacheo, and Fitzwilliams.

MickeyRat

« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2005, 05:52:43 PM »
It's about time.  We need to move away from this sentimental strong-hold we have with the current group of players.  If there is another Trinidad national out there who can come and add skill to our team, WELCOME him with open arms.  Lets face it, we need a strong 40 at least.  Everybody else is doing it.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2005, 05:55:22 PM »
Check d post on this board when Gally was talking about d Strike Squad...it had men competing for dey place in all d spots and make dem perform...having some depth in all positions and some variance so we could switch up d game plan if d sh*t hit d fan is always a good thing.
You are correct we need depth for the reasons you mentioned, but is the depth going to come from skill or a combination of skill and experience?

If you are implying that we don't have depth, do you honestly believe that we will develop it between now and then , or that finding that one unknown will do the trick. We have the talent to give us depth. Their are no more Trinbagonians out there that we are not aware of that will have the type of talent that will come in and just turn this thing around.

Yes, we need to keep identifing new talent, but at this stage of the game, there isn't a player(s) out there that we are not aware of, and as I said before, if there is - then he doesn't have an interest in playing for us, because we would have heard from, or about him by now. There isn't a player that would not want to be apart of this - guys would have been banging on doors already - let's work with what we have, and hope that this historic moment would inspire younger player to lift their committment to the game, and T&T.

It's about time.  We need to move away from this sentimental strong-hold we have with the current group of players.  If there is another Trinidad national out there who can come and add skill to our team, WELCOME him with open arms.  Lets face it, we need a strong 40 at least.  Everybody else is doing it.

Mickey, it's not about sentimental stong-hold, but Mickey do you honestly believe that there is such a player (remember he would have to be at this point an unknown). I agree with you - we do need 40 quality, but Mickey.

What everyone else is doing is taking from their pool - do you believe Brazil is considering the boys that are playing in the PFL, or Nigeria, or Japan? Their focus is on the pool. Our pool is extensive and talented.

The truth is we are all correct - we must keep looking, and we must achieve depth.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 06:08:24 PM by Tallman »

MickeyRat

« Reply #125 on: November 30, 2005, 06:10:13 PM »

Mickey, it's not about sentimental stong-hold, but Mickey do you honestly believe that there is such a player (remember he would have to be at this point an unknown). I agree with you - we do need 40 quality, but Mickey.

What everyone else is doing is taking from their pool - do you believe Brazil is considering the boys that are playing in the PFL, or Nigeria, or Japan? Their focus is on the pool. Our pool is extensive and talented.

The truth is we are all correct - we must keep looking, and we must achieve depth.

Point taken.  But I'll say this.  If there is such a player out there who can represent Trinidad in the midfield, hold it down and control a game, and let's say LATAS get drop, and replaced by this such player...how many Trinis on this forum, even in Trinidad & Tobago will kick-up ah storm?  Think about it.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 30, 2005, 06:17:12 PM »
I agree with that Mickey, I will be the first to welcome him especially if the scenario is as you described.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 30, 2005, 06:18:24 PM »
Like it or not, our team has alot of room for improvement....Beenie knows it, and is just considering all of his options
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 30, 2005, 06:27:13 PM »
No harm in strengthening the squad and making it deeper.....we need to reach a stage where we can field 2 quality teams, like almost everyother country in the world...alot of u guys need to make up your mind on if u want the country to be a regu;ar competitor on the world stage or a one hit wonder....this post should not even be debated....ne body from a 1st class footballing nation reading the intial post probably laughing their head off and hoping that beenie really doh look for more players and that their country bounce up trinidad in the world cup.

The more players we have to choose from, the better

MickeyRat

« Reply #129 on: November 30, 2005, 06:30:16 PM »
I for one would really like us to have a player in the midfield who can give us a STRONG 90.  Someone with the same playing style to J. Veron.

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 30, 2005, 06:36:20 PM »
as much as i like to see attcking football...i think we need cover for our defense in case of ne thing...red cards injuries etc etc....

julius james
derek king(i doh kno wa happen to him, he used to be a starter)

these are two defenders we should take into consideration

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 30, 2005, 06:37:22 PM »
You are correct we need depth for the reasons you mentioned, but is the depth going to come from skill or a combination of skill and experience?

If you are implying that we don't have depth, do you honestly believe that we will develop it between now and then , or that finding that one unknown will do the trick. We have the talent to give us depth. Their are no more Trinbagonians out there that we are not aware of that will have the type of talent that will come in and just turn this thing around.

Yes, we need to keep identifing new talent, but at this stage of the game, there isn't a player(s) out there that we are not aware of, and as I said before, if there is - then he doesn't have an interest in playing for us, because we would have heard from, or about him by now. There isn't a player that would not want to be apart of this - guys would have been banging on doors already - let's work with what we have, and hope that this historic moment would inspire younger player to lift their committment to the game, and T&T.

Well I see the depth coming as a result of how d team gel...Beenie done say he not bringing in talent at d expense of chemistry. It was said before that depth could come with more time to see whose playing out there...maybe some men might fit in better with d game plan now dat we have time to unfold everything...with d WCQ it was a rush job with who was available at d time...now is time to bring some game plans for different situations and men who could play more diverse roles. Ah sure Beenie go want to encourage some of dem men who he think go lead d squad in 2010 also.

Just meh 2 cents worth, tell me if ah making sense here

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 30, 2005, 06:53:42 PM »
We need to look at everybody again. Since we make it to Germany alll players raise there game.
Even Me ( Bench warmer on mt over 35 team). Because Trini going to the CUP, I feel like I am the best player on the planet. ;D

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 30, 2005, 06:59:30 PM »
as much as i like to see attcking football...i think we need cover for our defense in case of ne thing...red cards injuries etc etc....

julius james

i have these numbers on speed dial just say when
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 30, 2005, 07:22:24 PM »
derick king got dropped after the first game i doubt he will replace any of our current defenders. Julius James well i doubt he may be ready for Senior international level football
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 30, 2005, 07:25:28 PM »
let julius get ah sweta nah pleaseeeeeeeee  :praying: :praying: :praying: :notworthy: :cheers:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 30, 2005, 07:50:46 PM »

julius james

i have these numbers on speed dial just say when
when when when when when :rotfl:
on a real thwe need 2 - 3 more defenders to come in

like tall man was telling me we need 2 players for each position

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 30, 2005, 08:03:41 PM »

Beenie did not get to see a number of players for a host of reasons and hence it makes sense for him to keep the door open.  For example
Kevin Nelson
who was scoring a lot of goals in Canada, and is in between jobs (he  seems to prefer smaller clubs outside T&T instead of the Pro League ) did not get a chance to show his skills.  There might also be a  youngster (17, 18 years old) whom Beenie might find impressive.  Then of course there is JLoyld Samuel, whose case has not yet been appealed to FIFA, and in case there is a positive response, he has not really trained with the team eventhough as an individual he seemed to have been already approved by the coach.  Other include Jason Norville, etc

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 30, 2005, 11:03:36 PM »
Beenie recently mentioned that he is still looking for players. I am of the opinion that the current squad and pool represents the best we have. Shouldn't the focus be on the present group of players?

Just like most of you, I am very pleased with our squad and pool (all things considered), and believe that team building in the coming months should be the primary goal (scouting should be for 2010). How much of a difference would a new player(s) make at this stage, especially since we are fully aware of what's available out there.

Share your thoughts.

No place for complacency when yuh striving for perfection, and we are far from that point.  We need competition in the squad.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #139 on: December 01, 2005, 12:24:29 AM »

Its all about keeping options open. No one has denied that the current crop of players will make the best team. However, to write off the possibility that there are or might be players who can improve the squad is close minded. How else would new players ever make their break through?

We not bound for players who are capable of "turning it around". We just need better or equal to what we have to improve strength and depth. My opinion is that a couple players could make a significant difference though (whether we have them or not - might as well take the chance).

Regarding experience, some coaches are open to giving young untested players a shot to see how they handle the pressure - so I wouldnt close doors on that option either.

As far as the timing, I believe integrating new players can be done. Especially after witnessing how much progress Trinidad made under Beenhakker in such a short space of time (few days before each game). Birchall and Spann (who werent regulars in the side under Bertille) fitted into the team fairly quickly. And if you have good players who understand the game (who Beenie would be looking for), good coaches and a proper pre WC preparation then it will be enough time for improvements to be made.

Offline TriniSol_Campbell#

• New Warrior
  • Best Footballer and Idol
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 01, 2005, 01:05:03 AM »
Eh first thing first.  I am in no way bad mouthin the TNT Federation on not scouting players and I'm not saying that player holds grudges towards trinidad for not getting picked up.  All i was trying to say in my post is that there is talent all over d place that sometimes cannot be seen for watever reason and as a result people may choose other nationalities.  again i say I am not jumpin on any BANDWAGON.  Since i was young I wanted to play soccer in UNiversity and to represent my country.  I is get heckled all d time from ma brderin talkin bout i not a true trini cuz i only born there and live most ma life in guyana.  I eat the same food, hear d same song, and claim d sameland so i don t think no body, dat includin u warrior queen and albertatrini, to come on here and say i only lookin for a free ride pon d trinidad bandwagon.  next ting is I not lookin to take nobody spot cuz i a rational person and i know that i have a lot of work i have to do.  i not looking to go to germany, at least not as a national player, but only to get ma foot in the door.  Take that alberta and warrior queen and know u hear it from a 23 year old

TriniSol
Must put in d wuk

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 01, 2005, 01:14:44 AM »
The only reason why I am asking (elsewhere), why men coming forward now is because of how it look.
Jloydd Samuel, at least he was in here for awhile and asked before we qualified.
All that being said though, it is foolish to look at the present team and think it is the finished product. I for one am screaming for cover for the two central defenders.
If either Marvin or Lawrence get injured during the worldcup we in serious trouble.
We need at least one more specialist central defender.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #142 on: December 01, 2005, 01:20:54 AM »
TriniSol,
I think is a just a misunderstanding so doh study it.
Whether you interested in Germany or not now is a good time to be noticed and yuh doh have to apologize for recognizing that!
Just make sure you in the best shape and form of your life when you do get your chance cuz as yuh say yuh doh get much chances where you are.  Man...yuh cud even rounds up a squad of players based in Canada and make a trip to T&T to play some PFL teams and let Lincoln Phillips know.

You should read the post he put up about scouting players (SW 9.):
Soca Warriors Online Exclusive Interview with Lincoln Phillips.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 01, 2005, 02:34:20 PM »

julius james

I agree, but guess what- both players are already in the pool. We have over 100 pool players to choose from.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 01, 2005, 03:39:46 PM »
outside of maybe yorke, latapy, and stern.  new slate, everybody else starting again on even ground.  Newcomers welcome.  Pick the best men.  I sure certain guys will lose form, and others will get hot.  Brand new for germany, best 22 in beenhaker eyes at the time making the trip.
don't pick men to show gratitude-it have fete match for that.

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 01, 2005, 03:52:12 PM »
that is soo true...even brazil not sure of they entire side man like edmundo trying to get in all kinda ting....all dat matters is putting the best side out there for the world cup, even if u get tnt to the world cup you have to continue showing the form that u did during wcq and push it up a notch bcuz if someone else can do a better job than u representing OUR country obviously u will lose ur spot

Offline santacruz

• Full Warrior
  • This year is the Dutch year!
    • View Profile
Re: Which players comin & try out now...
« Reply #146 on: December 02, 2005, 08:34:19 AM »
it obvious triniinfinite love ah hardest.ah really cah blame him doh,cuase after seeing the man play yuh cah help it. one thing doh, from ssfl i remember hardest being ah skinny youth. triniinfinte saying the man powerful?did he put on size?
Fatima old boy graduate in '95 from Form 5, '97 from Form 6, lived in Santa Cruz.

Offline chocolatbwoy

• New Warrior
  • Big up all UK Trini's
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 02, 2005, 02:05:37 PM »
I think he is right to look for more players it could help strengthen the squad, or at least give the players in the squad a liitle warning not to get complacent.  Also we have 1 or 2 players who are definatly past there best.

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 02, 2005, 02:20:18 PM »
After the world cup. When Latas and Yorke retire. i wonder who will be the leader of the team. Someone the players can look up too. I would have said Andrews but i looking for a youth that can guide we for at last until 2010 World Cup qualifiers. I hope beenie have a player in mind.

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #149 on: December 02, 2005, 03:04:59 PM »
that leader will be aurtis whitley....by 2010 he will be 33 and still capable of playing with blood in he boots

1]; } ?>