March 29, 2024, 07:02:39 AM

Author Topic: New players  (Read 27032 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: Are you happy with so many players declaring for Trinidad?
« Reply #180 on: December 19, 2005, 11:13:34 AM »
all of this may be a good thing.for one i know that competition is very good for business.it may even improve the standard of play by individuals who think their spot might be in jeopardy.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Re: Who We Go Put ?
« Reply #181 on: December 19, 2005, 11:16:15 AM »
I agree wit yuh yes. I doubt there will be any kinda overhaul probably one or two fresh faces at most in d final squad. Is d men who playing in d states who spots may be in the most jeopardy, i hope dem players, avery, glenn and sealy doing some kinda training to keep fit and ultimately keep their places in the squad.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline raj

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: all yuh agrre with me here ?
« Reply #182 on: December 19, 2005, 11:19:17 AM »
This is the true gist of the argument... dem fellas want to advance their earning potential and career at the expense of OUR committed players. We should only consider Samuel and the others should F@@K off. This is downright abuse and will destrot the team chemistry. We should not be scared to play with what we have.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 19, 2005, 11:30:44 AM »
Royal, in most parts I agree with you, especially where the defence is concerned.  I want to feel Dog and Lawrence will be the two slowest defenders in the WC.  I don't see them being able to contain much of the strikers in the WC.  I looked at Ronald Gomez from Costa Rica having both of dem bobbing and weaving all over de place.  Cyd Grey real agressive and my fear is that we may have to play a significant portion of a game with 10 players when he get sent off for some bad tackle.  I can't see our defenders containing the likes of a Rooney, Zidane, Henry, Brazil's three R's and a host of the other strikers.

Sad to say, but we barely made it to the WC with the current players....and that is just from CONCACAF.  So we shouldn't really fool ourselves into thinking that we could beat people in Germany.  We have to be realistic and seek all the help we can get.  I would be satisfied if we try out everybody and and still settle with the same team, than to think we could do it with the same crop of players who got us there, so we don't need new players.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #184 on: December 19, 2005, 11:38:33 AM »
The assumption is that ALL these players showed no interest before.

Is not like the TTFF scouting department was set up to give these fringe players a realistic chance of getting a decent tryout.

Some of them just being opportunistic (the fellah who "just find out" he mudder from T&T)

Others may have wanted to represent but things were just not in place for them like it is now.  The reports say the 27 year old fellah did train with the national team a few seasons ago.

I don't think we can make the assumption that ALL these players are just being opportunistic as we know little about them and what they about.

In the end their chances of making the cut is much harder....they trying to break into an already formed team looking for a few good additions that will make a difference.

So far Zamora and Samuel are the only ones that might be up to scratch.  Just remember WE are the ones running after Zamora.

Even if we disagree now in time we may feel differently if these guys serve well....same like our current veterans.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 19, 2005, 11:42:55 AM »
I can't see our defenders containing the likes of a Rooney, Zidane, Henry, Brazil's three R's and a host of the other strikers.

ent u know what group we are in? so how zidane, henry and brazil players figure in your argument?

Sad to say, but we barely made it to the WC with the current players....and that is just from CONCACAF.  So we shouldn't really fool ourselves into thinking that we could beat people in Germany

U sounding like a true believer!! well said, and i am glad to know that you are supporting us all the way!!  :P

I am sure people like u said the same thing about senegal and cameroon just before they went on to shock the world!!

ah love it!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 19, 2005, 11:44:00 AM »
So how you decide that Dog and tallest go be de slowest in de W Cup meh boy?
tell them it was me

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 19, 2005, 11:46:17 AM »
Yuh cant fault men for wanting to play on the biggest stage! But i am a bit annoyed that some fellaz feel they could add something tuh we team just so, all of a sudden!!

ah cyar love dat!!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 19, 2005, 11:53:21 AM »
So how you decide that Dog and tallest go be de slowest in de W Cup meh boy?

This is the kind of thing that does make me laugh plenty on this site.

Man feel that them is walking speedometer, so them could tell who faster than who in a moment.

Ironman, i am sure that our good friend went and got all of the games of all the 32 qualified teams on tape and watched them all and then decided to make his analysis using his Xray speedomter vision....lol

ah love it!!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 19, 2005, 12:01:30 PM »
Zamora had showN interest in trinidad before 4 years ago he was suppose to  join squad for the game in kingston jamaca but then he got injured. Then them some coach convince him to take the under 21 call up and so on.

i Remeber jason roberts and sharlie joseph said if  they thought they  could have gotten into the english and Usa senior team respectivly they would not have played for greneda. So people on here vex with these two for wha steeps.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 19, 2005, 12:02:39 PM »
TO BENEFIT THEMSELVES AND GET BIG CONTRACT IN ERMANY AT OUR EXPENSE AND THE HARD WORK OF PLAYERS THAT BEEN THRU IT ALL ......

boss playing for us in germany would no do a thing for jlloyd samuel and zamora career
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline lihalquay

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 19, 2005, 12:06:10 PM »
I agree competition is good, especailly for Caribbean people.  We have a very laid back attitude to almost everything we do Just  look at the West Indies cricket team where there is no competition for space on the side look at their attitude and look at the result of that.
With so many people wanting to get on the team the guys who are already on the  team know that their space on the team is no guarantee they have to step up to another level. 
You  have to agree that the coach reputation is also at stake he is not any "pick-up-side coach" just going for the EXPERIENCE.  He is  NOT going to the World Cup stage to be made a fool of. He has a goal he wants to get us to the second round and if some individuals can help in that process he will  consider them.

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 19, 2005, 12:09:33 PM »
Ent andre  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Rangers fraid Andrews so dey does pay him big money for his slowness ad John Terry is a shithound compared to Silvistre because Silvistre much faster :devil: catch meh point ;D
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 08:20:51 PM by Tallman »
tell them it was me

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 19, 2005, 12:11:12 PM »
Yuh cant fault men for wanting to play on the biggest stage! But i am a bit annoyed that some fellaz feel they could add something tuh we team just so, all of a sudden!!

ah cyar love dat!!

I truly don't understand why all the animosity is directed to these players who want to come on board.

All de time we scruntin.  Sam and Triniman tired post a setta long list about players who playin outside de country, who should get call up, who playin in US, UK etc

Jes up to de beginnin of dis year, most players would not want anyting to do with playing for T&T..including the ones who did end up playing.  Why?  Mainly because of our shoddy way of doing things, the scant respect shown to our players, and the corruption & ineptitude within the TTFF.

EVERYBODY and dey muddah on dis board CUSS DE TTFF, Jack Warner etc fuh f**kin up we football.  So who really would want to come and travel a setta miles, pay yuh own way, without insurance for the most part, cyah even get water and a snack after practice where de national coach end up havin to go and buy ting out he own pocket fuh players, get pick and without even doin anyting wrong, doh get a nex call...not even a word of thanks, and runnin de risk of not gettin back yuh spot on yuh club tea, because yuh went and play fuh T&T?  

Is DAT what it takes to be considered a REAL Trini?  To get abuse?  Allyuh tink if Birchall had was to pay he own way to come and play fuh we or didn't get no insurance he was comin anywhere?  Allyuh get REAL nah!

Now we have the OPPORTUNITY to change in a very REAL way, the perceptions of T&T football..not JUST on the playing field, but more importantly, off of it.  It is no different in my mind to the ex patriates who live outside who love T&T and keep up the culture etc but not comin back home to scrunt and/or deal wit some a de dotishness dat does be goin on home.

As far as I concerned, the TTFF put out a call for all ELIGIBLE Trinbagonians who FEEL they can contribute to the WC effort on the field of play.  I feel it is right and proper to do so because a country as small as ours need to MAXIMIZE ALL OF OUR LIMITED RESOURCES.  95% of dem who feel they could contribute in all likelihood would NOT be able to make the team.  

I REALLY watch Zamora in de West Ham game last Saturday fuh de first time.  Before dat was lil highlights but first time for 90 minutes.  in my opinion, he brings nothing to the plate that is anything more than Stern John, Jason Scotland or Kenwyne Jones.  In my opinion, he cannot make our team but if he is ELIGIBLE, he has EVERY RIGHT to try out.

Yes...the WC is the big carrot, it is every footballer's dream to play in that tournament.  But how we and by we I mean the TTFF, conduct ourselves with regard to creating an environment where players WANT to come and play for T&T down the road and not just at WC time is going to be VERY IMPORTANT.

I doh know bout allyuh, but simply making the WC, as great an achievement as that is, is not in and of itself going to cut it for me.  I want to see us in future world cups AT ALL LEVELS.  This is but one step in the realization of that overall vision.  I cannot be certain that the TTFF is thinking the same way, but I sincerely hope they do for the benefit of Trinbagonians EVERYWHERE, no matter where they are located.  Some a allyuh who livin outside, imagine if was allyuh chile who was interested in comin back to play fuh T&T and have to deal wit dis setta talk.  How allyuh woulda feel fuh ALLYUH CHILE?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 19, 2005, 12:41:42 PM »
I want to feel Dog and Lawrence will be the two slowest defenders in the WC. 

I want to feel dat Dog have de hardest bat and headers in de WC.

I want to feel dat Tallest have de longest-reaching tackle in de WC.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 19, 2005, 12:45:03 PM »
I will always have feelings for the players at home,may be they are not up to the required standard (that's the excuse every one has),but i'm not happy with all these players declaring themselves to play for T&T.

I've said it from day one,our Football will go no where if this is the mentality of the powers that be in Football.Playing for our National team should be an incentive for all our players foreign or local,but i can tell you the way things are right now the local players have no chance.

They are already being degraded by Coaches who should know better BSc and Benie,one says they have no skills and the other he don't see anything in them(quality).All players should be made to feel if they work hard they have an opportunity to play.

At the moment every Tom,Dick and Harry calling for Try-outs,that's fine with me,it's nice to know how much back-up we have,why fix something that don't need fixing,we qualify the boys playing well,whats the problem?are we panicking?this is where we wanted to play lets enjoy it,we work hard for it.

I know when you compare countries it may look like it's a done deal for us but we going to learn,it's the first one there are many more to come if we learn anything from this one.

Does any one feel we can win the WC?this is an experience we will never forget(us Football lovers),i hope all concerned will use it to  bring Football in the country back to where it used to be.   

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: all yuh agree with me here ?
« Reply #196 on: December 19, 2005, 12:50:37 PM »
I want to agree with DCS.  I think most fellas on the board thinking and talking from an emotional stand point.  True dat, we don't like people messing with we thing when it going good.  True dat, only because dem foreigners shun we some time ago, we doh like to get dis, and now dem fellas want to jump on the waggon.  But like someone said before, we barely make it to the WC, and only because FIFA give the region a playoff spot.  We barely beat Bahrain to get in.  We ranked 51st in the world, possibly the lowest ranked team in the WC.  Our odds of winning is placed 750 to 1.  If another country had our players and we were looking on from the outside, we woulda say they should get all the help they could before the WC, because with that shit team. they licks book.

Who in dey right mind, that have a chance of making the English team, would say..."is a tough choice but, nah, I feel I going to play for a little known country, where my father born and left when he was 8 months old...where there is a sub standard PFL and little chance of personal gain or success on the world stage...where the association is run by a set of amateurs and self serving bastards."

Nobody wanted Shaka who dis we for years before coming on board.  Nobody had anything good to say about Yorke and Latapy when they leave the team with Rene Simoes, but when they come back the Stadium full.  Warner himself said that he opened his home to Yorke and he disappointed him.  He said Yorke was a scourge to local football and had no patriotism.  Yorke came back (after several request) when he was dropped from team after team in the Premiership.  Now he is we saviour and captain.  Birchall came on board because he had a one in a million chance of making the English team, and he saw that here is an opportunity to play for a national team...it didn't have much to do with patriotism.  Seabra was the same thing...personal growth...allyuh could see Seabra making the Brazil team ?

I wonder if Ronaldo and Ronaldhino say they wanted to play for T&T, if man woulda talk about patriotism then....ah doubt...we woulda be glad no arse.  But fellas who interested...arguably not at that level...we don't want them jes because they dis we.

To me dem fellas done prove they is true true true Trinis already, the fact that they want to jump on the waggon when it done start to move....that is how we trinis does operate.

I say let them try out man...if dey make, dey make....if not...no love lost.  I know the presence of Bobby Zamora up front would command a lot more respect from the England defence than a Stern John, Jones, Glenn, Scotland or Sealy even if arguably he not as good as them.  Also Rooney, Lampard, Owens and the likes would show more respect to Jlloyd than they would to Dog and Lawrence.  Big name players does command attention on the field, just like Yorke and Latapy in the region...that good enough to free up the Aurtis Whitely's and the Birchall's to score the goals.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Trini U of W man

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 19, 2005, 01:26:28 PM »
Check out what Zamora can potentially offer:

http://s56.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0F04TGYLJ86WE2KUDWKB8ZO99Y

http://s56.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1T8B19M7SJZ5H3G2TU5SN6S6S8

Cut and paste into your browser if the hyperlink isn't shown

Its 64Mb

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #198 on: December 19, 2005, 01:32:41 PM »
all this hype about zamora i really dont understand it. i dont rate him as much as some people do. when he scores 20-25 premiership goals i will shut up. right now all he has is form. just give him a try-out and thats it.

i really dont want him to make the team as it will mess up the chemistry really badly. we go this far without zamora.

fellas, we will not win the world cup but we will compete and enjoy it. and those players that i prefer to see on the field are the ones that worked hard to get us to where we are today.

plain and simple.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 19, 2005, 02:33:01 PM »
no fregging loyalty

go with the rest ah de boys and celebrate nah

allyuh want ah set ah new men like we goin to win de cup

hull dey stinking arse >:(
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline ValiantRob

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 19, 2005, 02:37:53 PM »
This is my first post.  :)

I think all these players want to play for T&T now because they are in the world cup but if they are willing to play in all the friends after the world cup and so on then I am happy.

By the way T&T is my home noe ever dince "Me Mum" started playing for you, I meet him in the summer and he is a top man, if any of you get a chance to talk to him do so he will talk loads to you.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 19, 2005, 02:40:26 PM »
we doh need nobody else >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

if we go and loose i wont be suprised

let we go and so be it

fire bun all the waggonists
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #202 on: December 19, 2005, 03:03:03 PM »
welcome valiantrob ;D

u will enjoy giving views here this forum is vibrant.

me mum is a top man indeed.we respect him. he came at a time when we needed help yeah and he was there throughout.

we dont need these other lads now jumping on board from out of the blue.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New players
« Reply #203 on: December 20, 2005, 07:43:23 AM »
I agree with you morvantman, let's go with what we have, they got us this far, they deserve to be there. These new players don't give a rats arse about T&T - if they did they would have marketed themselves to the TTFF a long time ago. I prefere to lose with the current warriors, then to win with de waggonist - maybe 2010, but not now.

truetrini

« Reply #204 on: December 20, 2005, 08:20:38 AM »
Zamora had showN interest in trinidad before 4 years ago he was suppose to  join squad for the game in kingston jamaca but then he got injured. Then them some coach convince him to take the under 21 call up and so on.

i Remeber jason roberts and sharlie joseph said if  they thought they  could have gotten into the english and Usa senior team respectivly they would not have played for greneda. So people on here vex with these two for wha steeps.

You only picking up fuh dem because you in de same boat as dem.

Yuh is ah Canadian who get ah pass to come here and start posting...steeeps all yuh want.

Yuh done know yuh jes like Zamora...steups.

;D

Offline Trini U of W man

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New players
« Reply #205 on: December 20, 2005, 09:46:55 AM »
I have some questions I was hoping that someone could answer regarding this Zamora/Samuel thing.No one is disputing that either man has the right to Trinidadian citizenship either through birt or naturalization.This is a fact.The problem seems to stem from the lack of allegience to Trinidad and Tobago in conjunction with the waggonist mentality.Another fact is that we are not aware of their motives for them wanting to play for Trinidad and Tobago.It may be for personal gains or some other extenuating factor.

Does a person who is offered a chance to do their tertiary level studies in Trinidad, but opts to do their studies in Canada,the US,England,France or Switzerland have less allegiance to Trinidad and Tobago?At any point during their 4 years of undergraduate study they could certainly return to Trinidad and do their studies in Trinidad.Does this same person who has the chance to study in Trinidad but studies in another country show less allegiance b/c at the start of any of the eight semesters he chooses not to return and study in Trinidad?To coumpound matters,lets assume that the same person opts to stay in Canada,the US or Europe and work there for 10,15 or quite possibly 20 years.Upon his return to Trinidad would he be a waggonist b/c Trinidad's state of affairs have improved (economically and socially)?

Is it not reasonable to assume that there could possibly be several reasons why a person would not return to Trinidad rather than have them be a waggonist?Moreso if they weren't born in Trinidad and know nothing of the people and our culture?Are all of our politicians that hold foreign Bachelor's,Masters and Ph.d's "waggonists"?Are the bankers,doctors,lawyers and businessmen "waggonists" for plying there trade where they figure they can best acheive their desired ends and not return until they are relatively secure in their state of mind especially if they werent born in Trinidad but hold Trinidadian citizenship?

Football is a "game" for us but a profession for them.It is their livelyhood.They support their families through playing this game.Our reasoning would certainly change should the decisions we make be based on this game.I am Trinidadian but have another citizenship.I have never been to the other country and have no desire to go there (although they are in a good economic and social state).My reason for not wanting to go there is b/c I know nothing of the culture and its people.I'd be like a fish out of water.That feeling alone is more than enough to make me stay where I am comfortable.

I cannot argue about Zamora's or Samuel's intentions.It may well be that they want to play for Trinidad for their own gain.Only time will reveal the nature of their intentions.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 20, 2005, 05:05:05 PM »

ah cyar love dat!!
I couldn't agree with you more bredda. Is kinda like anybody who ever kick some ball feel they could make we team.

That real disrespectful to the team. But is the foolish media that reporting about every Tom, Dick and Harrylal that stupid.

Beenie shoulda used a disclaimer
"Only qualified applicants need apply"

TnT Patriot

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
Re: Which players comin & try out now...
« Reply #207 on: December 20, 2005, 07:08:43 PM »
jemmot is tears 4 de defense, he is my 1st pick 2 tryout, he makin dat team, de only man wit skill like he is latapy and even latapy doh have he size and power, he will b a star if dat man get it together, if yuh neva see him, i doh expect yuh 2 agree wit meh here

vibes it up

Hoss is either u IS jemmot or u & he bullin jed!!! ja!!!

1]; } ?>