April 27, 2024, 04:05:12 PM

Author Topic: Bring Stern to the PFL  (Read 3209 times)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bring Stern to the PFL
« on: December 20, 2005, 03:20:11 AM »
  Ah gettin fed up and frustrated of seeing Stern not gettin selected to get ah sweat fuh Derby and now Coventry. It has been over a month now Stern warming bench, and tuh be honest I think the Coventry manager slowly phasing him out. And I am talking about our current first-choice striker here.
  In light of this, I am declaring it is time fuh us to look out for we own and give Stern some good 'home-schooling'. Stern with his skill could walk into starting position fuh any PFL team, but regardless it would be ah national duty fuh Jabloteh or Connection tuh step up and give Stern de chance.
  Realistically if Stern eh even getting on de SUBSTITUTE bench for his 16th place Championship League team, then there is little chance that he will make starting position again, or as a subsitute with worthwhile time on de field. And with five months tuh go (WC players stopping club duties in May), we can't afford to speculate if Scotland or Holland or somewhere go take him. There are men on dis forum who think the PFL is more or less equivalent tuh the English First Division, I eh know about that, but if so, Stern will still be getting challenged tuh use his skill and creativity and play good, solid football. And de skill is definitely there - but he need a RELIABLE outlet tuh express and nurture it.
  Many players have plied their trade in the humble leagues of their own countries and graced the world stage with their skill - most notably the Mexicans, Costa Ricans, Japanese and South Koreans. Somebody on de forum say is ah English conspiracy tuh make Stern lax and rusty tuh face them - dat is a possibility too - football could be real stink off de field too. Sure, we have Glen and Kenwyne and Scotland, but it will be ah real tragedy if Stern go hadda watch the Warriors play in Germany on de BBC or TV6.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 03:31:22 AM by Grande man »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Stern to the PFL
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 04:16:53 AM »
Good idea......

EXCEPT

PFL eh playin no football right about now.  Dem season now done.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 04:35:14 AM »
CONSPIRICY I tell yuh
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline ß!aCkÒuT

• Sr. Warrior
  • Time To Play The Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 05:54:38 AM »
  Ah gettin fed up and frustrated of seeing Stern not gettin selected to get ah sweat fuh Derby and now Coventry. It has been over a month now Stern warming bench, and tuh be honest I think the Coventry manager slowly phasing him out. And I am talking about our current first-choice striker here.
  In light of this, I am declaring it is time fuh us to look out for we own and give Stern some good 'home-schooling'. Stern with his skill could walk into starting position fuh any PFL team, but regardless it would be ah national duty fuh Jabloteh or Connection tuh step up and give Stern de chance.
  Realistically if Stern eh even getting on de SUBSTITUTE bench for his 16th place Championship League team, then there is little chance that he will make starting position again, or as a subsitute with worthwhile time on de field. And with five months tuh go (WC players stopping club duties in May), we can't afford to speculate if Scotland or Holland or somewhere go take him. There are men on dis forum who think the PFL is more or less equivalent tuh the English First Division, I eh know about that, but if so, Stern will still be getting challenged tuh use his skill and creativity and play good, solid football. And de skill is definitely there - but he need a RELIABLE outlet tuh express and nurture it.
  Many players have plied their trade in the humble leagues of their own countries and graced the world stage with their skill - most notably the Mexicans, Costa Ricans, Japanese and South Koreans. Somebody on de forum say is ah English conspiracy tuh make Stern lax and rusty tuh face them - dat is a possibility too - football could be real stink off de field too. Sure, we have Glen and Kenwyne and Scotland, but it will be ah real tragedy if Stern go hadda watch the Warriors play in Germany on de BBC or TV6.
good idea but is he choice
If love were a flame, it has ignited my soul...my one spark has created the magnificent fire of true passion

".The Poet."

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 06:15:18 AM »
The PFL is definitely is not the answer!!

While the quality of the PFL may match dat of the english league one, the pace of our game is too slow, giving a player too much time on the ball.

That is the problem wit our league, and that is why certain players does look better than they really are!!

So imaigne if stern come home and get slouchy in our league and think that he ready for the  WC. lol.

and even worse, what if he comes here and doesnt score any goals, his confidence will be shattered.  In any case, de season done!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 07:18:46 AM »
That is a good point Andre.

People does get tie up but the Championship and league one are probably faster than the premiership.

That is why England could get real pressure from a set of Championship players in NI colours.

Also you would notice that a ball-playing team like West Ham, that struggled to qualify from the Championship through the playoffs, does well in the EPL whereas a team like Sunderland will run away with teh Championship and come dead last in the EPL.

It is a good league for our players becasue they have to add that pace to their game. Of course playning in a better league would improve their game all-around but right now they don't have that option.

Stern in the PFL would be a waste. He will just wait for ball and net up. The problem that the fans at Coventry have with him is that he doesn't play CHampionship ball, he doesn't work hard enough. It is no coincidence that this is the same problem that we have with him most games.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 07:56:42 AM »
 TTFF have to set a fitness standard for the PFL.....Stern John should go to another country...I always thhought Stern could have done well in Spain...I don't know now if he able with that...I want to see him in action soon

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 07:58:46 AM »
I predict that Stern will be playing in the PFL in 3 years  :devil: :beermug:

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 08:21:36 AM »
Ponnoxx what do you mean by set a "fitness standard for the PFL"  :o I eh ketch yuh driff ah tall.....explain :thinking:
tell them it was me

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2005, 08:42:53 AM »
No big deal with riding the bench.

Nothing wrong with that because in a professional environment them men training hard all day and he playing in the reserve matches.

So if Stern have the right attitude he will stay sharp and world cup should be no problem.

It all comes down to mental attitude.

If he vex and sulking then he will have problems.

Train hard sit on the bench and collect your pay check.

That is all Stern have to do.

Sooner or later he will get a chance to play key is to be patient.

truetrini

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2005, 08:48:55 AM »
No big deal with riding the bench.

Nothing wrong with that because in a professional environment them men training hard all day and he playing in the reserve matches.

So if Stern have the right attitude he will stay sharp and world cup should be no problem.

It all comes down to mental attitude.

If he vex and sulking then he will have problems.

Train hard sit on the bench and collect your pay check.

That is all Stern have to do.

Sooner or later he will get a chance to play key is to be patient.

Who de hell you know like to ride pine?  Well except triniman and TrinInfinite?

steups.

get angry. eat less cake and play real hard when yuh get de chance..doh smile sitting on no bench....sulk, cash yuh pay check and make dem see de desire in yuh eyes.

If yuh listen to KND, yuh go end up with ah break ankle planning tail gating parties.

steups

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2005, 09:10:22 AM »
I watch a couple of champoinship games on TV and dred, dey play no kinda football. Its horrible to watch. A set a ah voom kick long ball, its high tempo which is good but when for a whole half the two teams combined can't string 5 passes together then what progess is that for player development. Our players aint doing anything there as far as i'm concerned to improve themselves other than from a fitness standpoint, unless i can see a game where one of our players playing then i aint even bothering to watch.  People talk about these leagues offer a higher standard of football for our players and a bigger payday, my question to everyone is, what defines a higher standard of football?
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

truetrini

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2005, 09:12:23 AM »
I watch a couple of champoinship games on TV and dred, dey play no kinda football. Its horrible to watch. A set a ah voom kick long ball, its high tempo which is good but when for a whole half the two teams combined can't string 5 passes together then what progess is that for player development. Our players aint doing anything there as far as i'm concerned to improve themselves other than from a fitness standpoint, unless i can see a game where one of our players playing then i aint even bothering to watch.  People talk about these leagues offer a higher standard of football for our players and a bigger payday, my question to everyone is, what defines a higher standard of football?

and to think wigan jes was playing in de championship eh...what dat say about de EPL?

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2005, 09:16:37 AM »
Derby was the ones benching Stern and he only now gone back to Coventry.

The Coventry manager sound like he go give him a try and he short up front I think.

We need some agents who have links in non-UK leagues.

If Dwight had go Spain after Man U and did well maybe that woulda open the door but say what.

I kinda surprised nobody went to Portugal recently(and did well).

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2005, 09:37:50 AM »
With repect to helping out Stern and lookin out for we own: yuh could only bring the horse to the well..yuh cyah make it drink the water !
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2005, 09:42:01 AM »
pfl eh at that same standard
While we may have a couple good players, the overall standard is poor
he would be better off goin to the MLS
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2005, 10:05:07 AM »
Every body can't be wrong and we right,i seems like a lot of teams want Stren but Stern's problem is himself,he has been sitting on the Bench for the longest while,is the first international i see can't make any team in these minor leagues and is our no one striker.

We keep blaming the clubs but i doubt they will leave a top striker someone that scores so much goals out of their starting team for no reason,i feel their is something more that we don't know about.Any league/club he goes too it seems like the same thing,in this business it's not about like or don't like it's all about performance,either you have it or you don't,that's why they pay big.   

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2005, 10:21:17 AM »
Every body can't be wrong and we right,i seems like a lot of teams want Stren but Stern's problem is himself,he has been sitting on the Bench for the longest while,is the first international i see can't make any team in these minor leagues and is our no one striker.

We keep blaming the clubs but i doubt they will leave a top striker someone that scores so much goals out of their starting team for no reason,i feel their is something more that we don't know about.Any league/club he goes too it seems like the same thing,in this business it's not about like or don't like it's all about performance,either you have it or you don't,that's why they pay big.   

I agree himself..yes, his mind/ attitude no...I still suspect the issues are injury/fitness related..but is only Stern can confirm the real answers...maybe one day he will..
In the meanwhile, payday is still a relevant area...

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2005, 10:31:47 AM »

call it what ever u want, but that same voom kick style that the championship have is the same style that is way better than anything the PFL has to offer!!

Game tempo is the most important thing in football, and that is our problem.  That is why ah man like rahim would look real good in the PFL but cannot make ah note anywhere else in the world!! (beside the US). He does play too slow!

Beenhakker has said time and time again that our local players look better than how they really are cause we play slow and have plenty time on the ball hence mistakes at this level are not punished!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2005, 03:04:13 PM »

call it what ever u want, but that same voom kick style that the championship have is the same style that is way better than anything the PFL has to offer!!

Game tempo is the most important thing in football, and that is our problem. That is why ah man like rahim would look real good in the PFL but cannot make ah note anywhere else in the world!! (beside the US). He does play too slow!

Beenhakker has said time and time again that our local players look better than how they really are cause we play slow and have plenty time on the ball hence mistakes at this level are not punished!

i agree. anyone who's seen top level football live would understand just how fast the game is played. the speed at which they cover ground just through movement off and of the ball is a sight to see.

i think watching games on tv doesnt allow the viewer to really appreciate the speed of the game. and since most of our players come up experiencing the game through tv theyre not exposed to how fast the game is supposed to be or can be.   

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2005, 04:04:42 PM »
Ponnoxx what do you mean by set a "fitness standard for the PFL" :o I eh ketch yuh driff ah tall.....explain :thinking:
Because of there are only a few teams in PFL...TTFF could send set a standard of fitness by testing each team by fitness tests and so on...The teams would have to be obligated to get their players to a level of fitness before the assessment or they will be fined or reprimanded or get some punishment...This way every team will be fit and basically on the same level in terms of fitness...Teams would now have to decide if they want to win using superior tactics, superior skill, superior fitness...whatever....All the teams in PFL will be running ...Advantages are quicker football, better concentration by the players and more discipline (because if clubs know that they will be fined if their players are not in shape, they will punish the player for missing training or not working hard enough)....Men will know that PFL is not no joke thing... This whole thing should be done on club averages eg. if a man real slow and next man could pick up for him by being faster (Solidarity of a Team)...Clubs would have to medically exam their players before to avoid any occurences...The TTFF should bring in an expert or experts to do this and use Beenhakker now to train coaches....This is my idea for the PFL....Go

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2005, 04:07:30 PM »

I agree himself..yes, his mind/ attitude no...I still suspect the issues are injury/fitness related..but is only Stern can confirm the real answers...maybe one day he will..
In the meanwhile, payday is still a relevant area...

If it was injury/fitness that keepin him off de team then we woulda know about that already. Shaun Fuentes and Tallman woulda let we know. As far as I know, Stern just dey, and he gettin salt real bad. Now he playing in the Coventry reserve team. He might be getting ah sweat yes - but would that be same quality as the PFL ? Ah doubt.
Is up to Stern yes. Ah sure he is thinking about this situation all de time - but de least de PFL could do is make ah offer for him and let it stand over the next 5 months...just to let him know he have the option to come home and sweat to prepare.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2005, 06:06:24 PM »
I watch a couple of champoinship games on TV and dred, dey play no kinda football. Its horrible to watch. A set a ah voom kick long ball, its high tempo which is good but when for a whole half the two teams combined can't string 5 passes together then what progess is that for player development. Our players aint doing anything there as far as i'm concerned to improve themselves other than from a fitness standpoint, unless i can see a game where one of our players playing then i aint even bothering to watch. People talk about these leagues offer a higher standard of football for our players and a bigger payday, my question to everyone is, what defines a higher standard of football?

Game tempo is the most important thing in football, and that is our problem. That is why ah man like rahim would look real good in the PFL but cannot make ah note anywhere else in the world!! (beside the US). He does play too slow!

i agree. anyone who's seen top level football live would understand just how fast the game is played. the speed at which they cover ground just through movement off and of the ball is a sight to see.

i think watching games on tv doesnt allow the viewer to really appreciate the speed of the game. and since most of our players come up experiencing the game through tv theyre not exposed to how fast the game is supposed to be or can be.

I don't agree bredder. International standard football is not about game tempo as it is about adjustment. Yes our players need to think more quickly, but not necessarily play a faster. It have world class players who bust in English football, simply because they not used to the fast pace of the game. However, in more constructive type leagues like Spain, Italy, these same men looking good eg. veron. Why? Because they couldn't adjust to their new league. Some men does look good in a league only because that league fit their style of play. That is why the ultimate test to big playerz is to change their football style a bit. My point is that it is not that our players play too slow - it is that they need to adjust when needed.
Ketch footballitis

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2005, 07:55:55 AM »
i know for sure that birmingham should have never sold stern. after he saved them from relegation he deserved better but he would have suffered as their 4th or 5th striker. then forsell was in form, now he is hardly mentioned because he hardly scored any goals this year. stern would have been there to help birmingham out but they sold him too soon.

if he goes to the pfl i would only recommend that he plays with jabloteh alongside kerry noray. now that would be an explosive combination yeah.

1]; } ?>