March 28, 2024, 01:17:21 PM

Author Topic: Stern John reportedly a target for Paris St. Germain  (Read 6290 times)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stern John reportedly a target for Paris St. Germain
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2005, 08:44:55 PM »
Well if  it's true, I think it should be a great move.  The English style of play really doesn't suit most players from Concacaf and South America.  The Spanish, Portuguese, and to a lesser extent the French style suits our players well. 

No sour grapes at all, but I was never a big admirer of the English and their "exciting" style of play anyway.

Won any World Cups lately, England?

My 2 cents

i didn't know we had any players who excelled in the french and spanish leagues.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2005, 08:46:12 PM »
Well if  it's true, I think it should be a great move.  The English style of play really doesn't suit most players from Concacaf and South America.  The Spanish, Portuguese, and to a lesser extent the French style suits our players well. 

No sour grapes at all, but I was never a big admirer of the English and their "exciting" style of play anyway.

My 2 cents

And Spain and Portugal won what again??

Nice...ah like when I meet up people like u.  Reminds me dat there are those who miss the lesson...but yuh can't be blamed, though.  Lemme' break it down so that even you could understand the point i was making.  Yuh ready?  Okay, good.   England is overrated...whew, boi, ah said it.  I'll say it again, just for you..."England is overrated".  Granted, Spain and Portugal haven't won any World Cups...does not matter.  Their style of play compliments our style of play here in this hemisphere.  They can really add to our game.  Yes there are the exceptions like the Dwight Yorkes and the Hislops etc...but for the most part, I am of the humble opinion that our players would benefit more outside of England.  I hope that was pithy enough.

The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2005, 08:50:31 PM »

My 2 cents

Add Holland to that.

And consider that the French league was no good up until 1998 and the Italian league has only been good once in the last 70 odd years.

WC success of a national association is no measure of a league's quality.

Your argument implied that it was, Peong has a good point.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2005, 08:51:19 PM »

My 2 cents

i didn't know we had any players who excelled in the french and spanish leagues.

Never said we did.  But i do believe that if given the opportunity, it could be much more beneficial to our guys than the English league.  The more exposure our football gets, hopefully the more opportunities presents themselves outside of the EPL.  Hey, if you all prefer our guys to only be considered to the so-called "modda c**try"...then I won't argue with that.  We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 08:54:25 PM by fidel2xl »
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2005, 09:04:01 PM »

My 2 cents

Add Holland to that.

And consider that the French league was no good up until 1998 and the Italian league has only been good once in the last 70 odd years.

WC success of a national association is no measure of a league's quality.

Your argument implied that it was, Peong has a good point.

See prior point.   

Actually, my argument was really aimed at the English fans who constantly ridicule our team because most play in the lower divisions of their league.  They dismiss T&T as 3 points already won in group B.  My point is, who are they to make style on us?  What have they really done lately...and some win in 1966 when most nations were "banned" from World Cup action, to me is irrelevant.  What have you (England) done lately?  As far as I'm concerned, we're in the same boat as them, with just as good of a chance of winning.  Our game is beautiful.  When our team is firing on all cylinders, we are like Warrior poets on the field....and we truly look unbeatable.  I'll gladdly take our 750-1 odds proudly any day, because i know what the Soca Warriors are really capable of. 

Do you not all feel the same way?  Or am I on the wrong site, here?

modified:  Also, i never implied that WC success is dependent on National Association success.   We are aware of the successes of the English PFL teams (Liverpool 1980s, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal etc)...but the national side has done nothing really on the world stage.  If you really look at my original point, you'll see that I unknowingly implied the exact opposite...that there actually seems to be a negative correlation between the two.
Hmmmmm...like you missed that one.   
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 09:18:24 PM by fidel2xl »

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2005, 09:20:36 PM »
modified:  Also, i never implied that WC success is dependent on National Association success.   We are aware of the successes of the English PFL teams (Liverpool 1980s, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal etc)...but the national side has done nothing really on the world stage.  If you really look at my original point, you'll see that I implied the exact opposite...that there seems to be a negative correlation between the two...
hmmmmm...like you missed that one.   

You need to read what I wrote again and keep in mind theat National Association refers to the team that represents the FA i.e. the national team not the League or individual league clubs.

You implied that the lack of success of the national associtaion in the WC was an indicator or example of the league's lack of quality. I was saying that this is not the case.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2005, 09:32:55 PM »
All I ever really said is that other leagues outside of England, such as Spain, Portugal, and maybe France, suits our guys more...those styles appear to  be tailor made for us, whereas the standard English style of play seems to be an awkward fit.  Everything else I said is a lil' jab against de English...Yes, i'm imlying that de English WC team is ah sh@tside...my opinion.  Implied this, or implied that...man, whatever.  I think that they're overrated...again, my opinion.

But the short passing style of play in the other leagues suits our game moreso than the constant long balls in the English leagues...yes, I know, there's more to it than that, but I'm trying to keep this point as pithy as I can.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 12:02:34 AM by fidel2xl »

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2005, 09:36:16 PM »
I int see anything about that on the net but....I want him to get thru and start bussin the net....So all the people like Disgruntled who fighting him down will hush up....Go T&T

yuh have ah better chance of getting ah Xbox 360 and the Gi Joe with the kung-fu grip for Christmas than Mr. Slab going any PSG.

Puuuhleassseee Ponnoxx
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 09:42:53 PM by Disgruntled_Trini »

Més que un club.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2005, 11:43:22 PM »
If someone can give me a link to the direct article I can Translate it. I need a link or tell me what headding it is under.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2005, 12:26:53 AM »
Fidel you might want to consider that if I point to a flaw in how you make your point, it might not necessarily mean that I disagree with your point.

Sorry that you had to come out sounding self-important and disrespectful because you missed that. 
I willing to overlook it this time.

For the record Fidel:
I agree that a skillful league suits our players better than England's leagues, but I disagree with your use of WC success to judge the quality of a league.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2005, 12:43:08 AM »
Fidel you might want to consider that if I point to a flaw in how you make your point, it might not necessarily mean that I disagree with your point.

Sorry that you had to come out sounding self-important and disrespectful because you missed that. 

For the record Fidel:
I agree that a skillful league suits our players better than England's leagues, but I disagree with your use of WC success to judge the quality of a league.

yea boy peong ah hadda agree wit yuh there
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2005, 08:07:08 AM »
Never said we did.  But i do believe that if given the opportunity, it could be much more beneficial to our guys than the English league.  The more exposure our football gets, hopefully the more opportunities presents themselves outside of the EPL.  Hey, if you all prefer our guys to only be considered to the so-called "modda c**try"...then I won't argue with that.  We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

well we can agree that it is definitely beneficial to have players in the top leagues around the world, not just England. However, I don't see what qualities our players have that make you feel they would be better of in Spain, France or Portugal. We might find the football more attractive, but most of our players do not have the technique to excel in these leagues. I'd be curious to know if Beenie has tried to use his contacts in Holland to help out any squad members...in Holland, as well as Spain and France, technique is king...and we have very few players at that level. The success of Latapy and Leonson Lewis (& Marcelle to a lesser extent) in Portugal opened the doors and many scouts from portugal have tried to give TnT players trials...and most have failed. So yeah..we will have to disagree on that one.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2005, 09:00:06 AM »
it's nice that a team like psg are interested in him however i don't think its true
if it is it wouldn't be a good move i don't think he will play much  there  especially if he can't even play for coventry or derby

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2005, 09:30:26 AM »
I saw a note in one of the links...Could anyone say if Stern is really the leading scorer leading up to the WC 2006 finals ???
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2005, 09:52:25 AM »
LOL hard to believe dat  coventry who in die need for goals going to sell a player like stern but all d best for him
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2005, 10:07:40 AM »
i'm not sure about this... PSG is a famed club... I don't really see him breaking into the first team ther buh i would love to see him go there, i belive the french 1st divison>>> Leagu championship in england and the playing style in france is better for playeres from the western hemisphere, players then get accustomed to European play there... I think Dinho used to play for them too... If it's true, i hope it works for him and more importantly he gets more playing time/ goals..

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2005, 07:19:16 PM »

For the record Fidel:

Oh, Peong, I thank u so much for overlooking my bad behaviour this time.  I feel so much in your debt, right now.  Man, I spent whole day hoping and praying that you would spare me your wrath...hahahahahahahaha...bredz, yuh ever heard about a sense of humour...lighten up, kid..."dis the season to be jolly, fa la la la..." (sorry, never really knew the rest of that lame song).

Well, ah only just came across your charming lil' attempt at intimidation...yuh really need tuh work on that a bit, though.  Go down Moruga this weekend, you'll learn a thing or two about that...bredz, take what I telling yuh.   

Anyhows, ah getting high right now on some strong black cake, some puncha' creme, and some homemade pastels...mom's recipes has some rum in that TOO, my boy!!! (lol).  Enjoy de Christmas.   :cheers:

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2005, 09:32:02 PM »
wow  :rotfl:

fidel you real miss de mark.

Hear what, forget I ever said anything.  Thanks

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2005, 11:46:39 PM »
Wise decision, Peong... :applause:

1]; } ?>