April 25, 2024, 10:43:14 AM

Author Topic: Aurtis Whitley gets New Year trial in England.  (Read 8491 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Aurtis Whitley gets New Year trial in England.
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2005, 11:08:53 PM »
yeah but they are facing relegation

And Southampton are facing another season in the Championship at best.

What it is yuh really tryin to say?

No doubt about it, Portsmouth is the better deal.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2005, 11:56:42 PM »
yeah pompey is the better deal he should sign jones back one time
but  dis real gud for whitley and i wish him the best

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2005, 10:23:28 AM »
i really hope he makes it, currently my favourite national player... hbope portsmouth use him as an attacking midfielder, they do need goals to stay up in the prem...

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2005, 10:35:34 AM »
I heard the rumour about Aurtis and googled his name, this is where I ended up.

I take it he is a midfielder and from the comments I've read on this board, he seems a very popular player. Lets hope it works out well for him.

Good luck in the world cup. Really good to see T&T get there. Never been to Trini, but limed in Tobago a coupled of times. Love it.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2005, 11:54:05 AM »
I heard the rumour about Aurtis and googled his name, this is where I ended up.

I take it he is a midfielder and from the comments I've read on this board, he seems a very popular player. Lets hope it works out well for him.

Good luck in the world cup. Really good to see T&T get there. Never been to Trini, but limed in Tobago a coupled of times. Love it.
You must have T&T roots to be using the word lime ;D ...or yuh must be pick it up in Tobago  ;D... Whitley is a good player and I think Portmoth could definitely benefit from him..Redknapp is known for getting the best out of underrated players so Whitley will gain also

Offline rasajoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2005, 02:21:29 PM »
well doh break yuh foot jumping on and off ah portsmouth bandwagon breds buh doh study it, yuh jumping back on for ah good reason  ;D

Big up whitley just go out and do yuh best

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2005, 02:31:24 PM »
Well look trouble. Congrats Aurtis/Otis Whitley/Seaton ;D. Hope you make the best of it.........

Check de (new) danger
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2005, 02:32:59 PM »
If Whitley earns a spot on Portsmouth's team this season, it will not matter if they get relegated or not.  If he plays well, it means he will have displayed his competence in the EPL therefore, other EPL managers will have seen him and may be inclined to recruit him for their teams.  it's a win win no matter how u look at it.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2005, 02:54:53 PM »
true that plus look carlos playing in the 1st division but west brom who's in the the epl interested in him even though the facing relagation. The most important thing is that we warriors getting recognition leading up to the WC and they would get alot more after the WC too.

Good luck to Whitley....ah always thought he was a real good player from the first time ah see him play and ah know he would make the best of this opportunity

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2005, 06:09:34 PM »
Congrats Whitley, make de best of it, cuz like u said dis doh come everyday.  :applause:
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2005, 08:25:09 AM »
I know we are all happy for Aurtis eh, but from a selfish point of view I kinda upset he going. Why? Because he is the only man on the side still playing like a trini...watch how england take away the natural flair from we boys. Plus, if you watch Redknapp's M.O., he doesn't throw ''new'' foreign players into the side right away. He takes his time with them in the reserves getting them acclimatised and giving them corbeaux now and then so that means plenty bench time between now and the World Cup...
But I hope he get a fair chance to embarass some men on the field and keep dribbling at least until the end of this yea...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2005, 08:29:12 AM »
congrats... i think it would be a big move for him to play in europe...

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2005, 10:09:48 AM »
i cant say it enough whitley deserves to be there and no doubt will impress harry. harry is luvin it right now trying to win back the pompey fans so i imagine that when aurtis impresses he might have a go sooner than we think.

there are some others from jabloteh that could do well too like trent noel. whats happening with him?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2005, 10:42:44 AM »
i cant say it enough whitley deserves to be there and no doubt will impress harry. harry is luvin it right now trying to win back the pompey fans so i imagine that when aurtis impresses he might have a go sooner than we think.

there are some others from jabloteh that could do well too like trent noel. whats happening with him?

trent noel is he still playing ?? come on there are some young gunz at jabloteh man send them on trial
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2005, 11:21:47 AM »

Trent Noel was called up for Beenhakker's first training camp in May and he came on in the second half for T&T against North East Stars, but he did not make the final cut for the Panama game.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2005, 02:59:32 PM »
tallman tell me honestly yeah. is there anything about tt football you dont know?

respect yeah. lots of respect to you.

now tell us if you think that kerry baptiste,keyeno thomas, josh johnson and kerry noray and nigel daniel are also good prospects for trials abroad too. i mean they seem to be good enough to play abroad.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2005, 03:44:52 PM »
now tell us if you think that kerry baptiste,keyeno thomas, josh johnson and kerry noray and nigel daniel are also good prospects for trials abroad too. i mean they seem to be good enough to play abroad.
Out of all the names you have mentioned, the only one I have seen play is Keyeno Thomas. He has already played abroad (for the Colorado Rapids), so he already has first-hand experience. He also has 43 caps for the senior team. All of the others have had limited runs with the senior team, but I'm not in a position to say whether or not they are good enough to play abroad. I've always heard good things about Nigel Daniel. All of the names you mentioned except Noray and Josh Johnson got called up by Beenhakker, but they didn't make it past the North East stars game.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2005, 05:03:34 PM »
I think this man is the best player on our team right now.

He should use Viera as a model for his game. He has the technique, athleticism, stamina and vision to play like Viera. Plus since Viera wife is a trini, he might want to act as a mentor.

Seriously, I think the sky is the limit fo him and I wouldn't be surprised to see bigger teams going after him.

TnT Patriot

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2005, 08:02:04 PM »
This is great news. I think he has found some unbelievable form in the last few national games and looks set to make that Portsmouth team.

I think they might offer him a contract ( even for 18 months) because he is good and world cup bound.

I saw all of those jabloteh guys play in Pro League matches and Keyeno Thomas is a boss.

Nigel Daniel is gifted. He right footed but plays as a left back. I dont know what he is still doing playing in Trinidad.He could make it abroad easy. He plays attacking and takes good free kicks with his right foot.

Noray is a striker more in the mould of Van Nistlerooy, their styles are so very similar, quick short steps, good positioning, good close dribbling and put up a good fight for the ball because they never like to lose it. His only problem like someone else mentioned on this Board before is that he kinda drifts lil nah, in and out de game but he is deadly on the dribble and really hustles whenever he wants to. I would like to see him and Stern strike in any game because I undertstand that they are neighbours and grew up together with Noray like a lil brother to Stern.

Josh is quick. I mean deadly quick but needs some more work. He was leading the Pro League in scoring at one time and he was playing right wing. Imagine dat!

Kerry Baptiste is a good attacking midfielder probably the best passer on Jabloteh. He is not bad at all when he and Aurtis play together they make mas in de midfield. Aurtis dribbles and holds up well and takes the outside shot but Kerry Baptiste just run straight at men like he dont care and make some good short beats. He good. I aint go lie, he good.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2005, 08:07:16 PM »
This is great news. I think he has found some unbelievable form in the last few national games and looks set to make that Portsmouth team.

I think they might offer him a contract ( even for 18 months) because he is good and world cup bound.

I saw all of those jabloteh guys play in Pro League matches and Keyeno Thomas is a boss.

Nigel Daniel is gifted. He right footed but plays as a left back. I dont know what he is still doing playing in Trinidad.He could make it abroad easy. He plays attacking and takes good free kicks with his right foot.

Noray is a striker more in the mould of Van Nistlerooy, their styles are so very similar, quick short steps, good positioning, good close dribbling and put up a good fight for the ball because they never like to lose it. His only problem like someone else mentioned on this Board before is that he kinda drifts lil nah, in and out de game but he is deadly on the dribble and really hustles whenever he wants to. I would like to see him and Stern strike in any game because I undertstand that they are neighbours and grew up together with Noray like a lil brother to Stern.

Josh is quick. I mean deadly quick but needs some more work. He was leading the Pro League in scoring at one time and he was playing right wing. Imagine dat!

Kerry Baptiste is a good attacking midfielder probably the best passer on Jabloteh. He is not bad at all when he and Aurtis play together they make mas in de midfield. Aurtis dribbles and holds up well and takes the outside shot but Kerry Baptiste just run straight at men like he dont care and make some good short beats. He good. I aint go lie, he good.

Solo you should consider the strength of the pro league opposition
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2005, 02:43:31 PM »
If Pompey or any other UK club wants him, ah wonder how dey go deal wit de work permit issue.

Appearance criteria for UK work permit:
A player must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive 'A' team matches he was available for selection, during the two years preceding the date of the application.

By my calculation he has only appeared in approx 25% of de matches over de last 2 years.

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2005, 06:27:47 PM »

By my calculation he has only appeared in approx 25% of de matches over de last 2 years.

HHHHHHHhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm....... ??? Great point Tallman. YUh have meh thinking deh. I guess it would be the same for anyone else on this current team who is hoping for a trial. I dont think anyone would have played 75%. But guess its worth the try.

Anyway, I guess he could go back to Jabloteh. No harm done.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2005, 07:16:13 PM »
I know we are all happy for Aurtis eh, but from a selfish point of view I kinda upset he going. Why? Because he is the only man on the side still playing like a trini...watch how england take away the natural flair from we boys. Plus, if you watch Redknapp's M.O., he doesn't throw ''new'' foreign players into the side right away. He takes his time with them in the reserves getting them acclimatised and giving them corbeaux now and then so that means plenty bench time between now and the World Cup...
But I hope he get a fair chance to embarass some men on the field and keep dribbling at least until the end of this yea...

Good point, Spidey.  I made the same basic point on another board and had my head bitten off (lol... ;D).  Anyway, I agree.  Not to bad-talk the English, their style of play is their style of play, and it works well for them.  Regarding European club teams, I believe that our guys will benefit more playing in Spain, Portugal, or even France.  The general short passing and "skill" game in those regions can really help enhance the level of play of our guys, as oposed to the general long ball passing game found in the English league.  The same argument can be made for our guys playing for club teams in South America...Argentina, Brazil...       
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2005, 08:03:22 PM »

HHHHHHHhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm....... ??? Great point Tallman. YUh have meh thinking deh. I guess it would be the same for anyone else on this current team who is hoping for a trial. I dont think anyone would have played 75%. But guess its worth the try.

Anyway, I guess he could go back to Jabloteh. No harm done.

I was of the impression that the 75% criteria wasn't an absolute necessity. For example in the case of Jason Scotland I believe they also considered his skill level or what kind of quality he had to offer to the league, in making their decision. Besides, Theobald got signed. Did he meet the 75% requirement.

Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2006, 01:00:13 AM »
If Pompey or any other UK club wants him, ah wonder how dey go deal wit de work permit issue.

Appearance criteria for UK work permit:
A player must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive 'A' team matches he was available for selection, during the two years preceding the date of the application.

or he has to be considered very talented and a rising player.
Hart for president

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2006, 09:04:44 AM »
If a player is refused an automatic work permit, then the club can appeal and each case is reviewed on it's own merits.

For example, if a player is young and has only just broken into the national team. The National teams world ranking is also taken into consideration, but my guess is that Aurtis will have no problem.

I have been trying to find out if there is any news on the trial, have any of you heard anything?

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2006, 10:32:14 AM »
He kinda unlucky that he going up when it cold plus the club now get an influx of money so fans looking for big name players now and not no names from some 'small island''. If he make it it will be a true test of skill and character. We backing u all the way Aurtis !!
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2006, 10:41:37 AM »
JScotland main problem was that he did not play under BSC, and so he did not reach the 75%. The whole benefit to the league came as a result of them applying again after he was refused, if they felt he had made a bigger impact in the SPL, he might have not been refused.
Good Luck Whitely light up the EPL...

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2006, 04:09:21 PM »
big up to whitley and the best of luck to him....   :beermug:

1]; } ?>