April 30, 2024, 09:23:19 AM

Author Topic: US-born twins wants to join Soca Princesses squad  (Read 7397 times)

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
US-born twins wants to join Soca Princesses squad
« on: December 21, 2005, 09:26:31 PM »
US-born twins wants to join Soca Princesses squad.
By Nigel Simon (Guardian).

Identical twin-sisters, Marissa and Maria Mohammed are among three newcomers eager to join the T&T national Under-20 Women’s team which will compete in 2006 Concacaf Women’s Under-20 Final Round Qualification competition.
The 10-day tournament will take place at two venues in the state of Veracruz in Mexico from January 18 to 27.
T&T will compete in Group A with reigning champions Canada, host Mexico and Panama.
Group B, has El Salvador, alongside the USA Jamaica and Suriname and their matches will be played at the Rafael Murillo Vidal Stadium, in Córdoba during the first round from January 18 to 23.
The winners and runners-up of each group will earn a place in the event’s semifinals at Veracruz’s Luis Pirata Fuentes Stadium, on January 25, with the winners of those games earning a place as Concacaf representatives in FIFA’s U-20 Women’s World Championship in Russia from August 16 to September 2.
Concacaf’s third spot in the FIFA event will be determined by a third-place play-off game between the two losing semifinalists at the Luis Pirata Fuentes Stadium on January 27, before the two finalists meet for the Concacaf Women’s U-20 crown later in the day.
In addition to the Mohammed sisters, US Virgin Islands born, Shantel Subnaik, who like the Mohammeds were born to parents from south Trinidad, also has made her intentions clear on wanting to represent T&T women’s football team.
Marissa plays the midfield position at the University of Tampa, Florida, while her sister, Maria plays as a defender and a goalkeeper, and was named to the All-South Region Team.
Subnaik, a left sided player, also plays as a forward for her US University, Seton Hill.
Currently a squad of 27 players is training under national coaches Jamaal Shabazz, Marlon Charles and Izzler Browne, and will be trimmed to 22 to be joined by the Mohammed sisters on a week-long camp in Venezuela where they will play four matches.
While in Venezuela, the T&T girls are expected to play matches against the Venezuela Under-20 women’s team, the Venezuelan women’s league champions and a Universidad de Catolica women’s squad.

T&T training squad:

Goalkeepers:
Kimica Forbes (Stokely Vale), Tricia Lawrence (St George’s College & Real Dimension), Gail Ann Thomas (Real Dimension) and Julie Ann Mc Dougall (St Clair Coaching School).

Defenders:
Ayana Russell, Kennya Charles (EL Dorado & Joe Public), Anastasia Prescott (Real Dimension), Christine Rose (Real Dimension), Simone Mason (Central United), Patrice Rose (Real Dimension), Tamar Watson (Real Dimension), Chazelle Dumas (St Clair Coaching School).

Midfield:
Dernelle Mascall (Petrotrin), Aveann Douglas (Joe Public), Karen Forbes (Stokely Vale), Joseann Boyce (Tobago Pheonix), Bianca Walker (St Joseph Convent & Real Dimension), Talisa Vire (Providence), Stephanie Barrow (Joe Public), Shanelle Warrick (Unattached), Jemilia Mathlin (Real Dimensions).

Strikers:
Kennya Cordner (St Clair Coaching School), Candace Edwards (Stokely Vale), Janine Francois, Dinelle Douglas (Real Dimensions), Kermica Alexander (Memphis), Ashley Alonzo (Providence).
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 03:17:14 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: US-born twins wants to join Soca Princesses squad
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 09:30:44 PM »
Respect Tallman for giving women's soccer just as much attention as the men's

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 11:35:30 PM »
My daughter wants to play Football it doesn't matter if its American football or we football(soccer) 4yrs old but I want her to Represent Trinidad. I am doing all I can She will be known and a great in Whatever sport she choses. I want her to chose We football though. Great to here that we have such a good team home. 20016 She will be on that team the youngest to join and the greatest to ever play.

I have tear in my eyes daddys baby.

My eldest she would be Miss Universe Yeah!!!!!!!
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 12:53:12 AM »
I have a 28 yr old(daughter) who plays in a men's league in Indiana, an ah see her tear up real players...buh I never did or wouldn't ask her to go through that TT women team as she enjoys the game as it is...especially the brooking up dem trini star boys she sometimes play against..she say so doh need the stress of being the best at football, as she is already tries to be the best person she can be...
I proud bout that ... she is a Mech. Eng....well done Taz

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 02:50:14 AM »
That is so Trini., Have to do the comparing thing ::)

... That is not why I made that post but I am glad for you and stay proud of her......
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 06:34:59 AM »
I have a 28 yr old(daughter) who plays in a men's league in Indiana, an ah see her tear up real players...buh I never did or wouldn't ask her to go through that TT women team as she enjoys the game as it is...especially the brooking up dem trini star boys she sometimes play against..she say so doh need the stress of being the best at football, as she is already tries to be the best person she can be...
I proud bout that ... she is a Mech. Eng....well done Taz

Yea boy maxg.. I in the same boat x's 3. My girls are all in competitive Gymnastics, swimming, volley ball, soccer, tennis and tries at track [long jump, 400 and 100].... seeing how trini athletes are treated is real tears.. how does a parent encourage a child into that maddness?

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2005, 08:03:22 AM »
these girls real resemble each other boy! they kinda smally though.

Marissa Mohammed                                Maria Mohammed

« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 10:21:09 AM by Tallman »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2005, 01:51:41 PM »
That is so Trini., Have to do the comparing thing ::)

... That is not why I made that post but I am glad for you and stay proud of her......

comparing.....whoa fella...I not that young.. ;)
I have 5 kids...and biggin up my eldest...an hope she read it...buh if all that is Trini, then ah still that too  8)

Jumbie : best dem make dah one for deyself yes..
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 01:53:12 PM by maxg »

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2005, 02:04:23 PM »
ah eh trying to be smart but they must resemble each other if they is twins even though ah know yuh have identical and unidentical twins

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2005, 02:56:49 PM »
these girls real resemble each other boy! they kinda smally though.

Marissa Mohammed                                Maria Mohammed

ah wonder if it have twins out dey who resemble boy? ;D

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2005, 03:25:42 PM »
yes gurl yuh could play

sweet too bad

;D
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2005, 01:47:54 AM »
Watch it Mov :rotfl:
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline rn356

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2005, 10:23:02 PM »
I know them well and have seen them play.  Those girls are super players and will do well for the Trini Team!!!!!

Go Ria and Rissa!  ;D

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2005, 12:36:29 AM »
UPDATE!  5 US BASED PLAYERS IN T&T U20 WOMEN'S TEAM

BY NIGEL SIMON (GUARDIAN)
[/color]

Senior team players Maylee Attin-Johnson, Kia Rigsby and Katrina Meyer head a list of five US-based players selected in a 24-member women’s Under-20 team leaving for Venezuela on Tuesday for a one-week tour.

Attin-Johnson, who has been a member of the national line-up for the past four years, is in her first year at Cumberland University.

Rigsby and Meyer are also in their first year of studies at Florida International University (FIU). The two other overseas players in the squad chosen after a practice match against VIBE CT 105 W Connection Under-16s are twins, Marissa and Maria Mohammed, who attend the University of Tampa, Florida. They will meet the team in Venezuela.

At the conclusion of another live-in camp at Frederick Settlement, Caroni, coach Jamaal Shabazz said:

“The main objectives of our camp were achieved. During the six-day stay in Venezuela we will be hoping to find some more answers as to how prepared we are for the 2006 Concacaf Women’s Under-20 Final Round Qualification competition.”

The Concacaf Under-20 series, which will qualify three teams for the Fifa Under-20 World Cup next year takes place at two venues in the state of Veracruz, Mexico, from January 18 to 27.

T&T will compete in Group A with reigning champions Canada, Mexico and Panama, while Group B has El Salvador, USA Jamaica and Suriname.

In Venezuela, the T&T girls are expected to play two matches against the Venezuela Under-20 women’s team, the Venezuelan women’s league champions and a Universidad de Catolica women’s squad.

Asked why he choose Venezuela, Shabazz said:

“The Venezuelans play a similar style of football to Mexico and Panama, so by getting some matches against them the girls will have a feel of the opposition.”

Reflecting on the warm-up match against W Connection won by WC 3-0, Shabazz added:

“The youngsters of W Connection are very tough guys and, we having played against the Canadians before, know they are a similar kind of opposition in terms of competitiveness.

But in Mexico, we will be aiming for a different result than we got at the Ato Boldon Stadium, on Thursday.

Other US-based players, Shurnelle Burton, who played in the previous round of the Caribbean Football Union U-20 qualifiers in T&T, and Stephanie De Souza, were also involved in the camp.

Burton and first-choice goalkeeper Gail-Ann Thomas both picked up injuries during the training camp and were not considered for selection, while De Souza had to return to the USA.

T&T squad:

Goalkeepers: Kimica Forbes (Stokely Vale), Tricia Lawrence (St George’s College & Real Dimension), Maria Mohammed (Univ. of Tampa).

Defenders: Ayana Russell, Kennya Charles (EL Dorado & Joe Public), Anastasia Prescott (Real Dimension), Christine Rose (Real Dimension), Patrice Superville (Real Dimension), Tamar Watson (Real Dimension), Kia Rigsby (Florida International University), Katrina Meyer (North Carolina Upper State).

Midfield: Dernelle Mascall (Petrotrin), Aveann Douglas (Joe Public), Karen Forbes (Stokely Vale), Bianca Walker (St Joseph Convent & Real Dimension), Stephanie Barrow (Joe Public), Jemilia Mathlin (Real Dimensions), Marissa Mohammed (University of Tampa).

Strikers: Kennya Cordner (St Clair Coaching School), Candace Edwards (Stokely Vale), Janine Francois, Dinelle Douglas (Real Dimensions), Kermica Alexander (Memphis), Maylee Attin-Johnson (Cumberland University).

Technical staff: Jamaal Shabazz (head coach), Izzler Browne (assistant coach), Marlon Charles (assistant coach), Ricarda Nelson (manager), Jinelle James (assistant manager), Steve Frederick (equipment manager), Nicole Kistow (physiotherapist).

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>