April 28, 2024, 01:04:30 PM

Author Topic: Marlon Rojas eager to join his teammates.  (Read 5123 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Marlon Rojas eager to join his teammates.
« on: March 11, 2005, 02:19:30 PM »
Marlon Rojas eager to join his teammates.
By: Peter Richins - Salt Lake Tribune.

Because Portugal did not want him, Real Salt Lake's newest defender, Marlon Rojas, decided to settle for Salt Lake City.
Rojas, the team's recent 25-year-old acquisition and a regular on the Trinidad and Tobago national team, intended to join Real during the team's practice sessions in Monte Gordo, Portugal, last week. But as it turned out, his visa was good enough for about every other country in the world except Portugal.
"It has been on my mind," Rojas said. "The guys have an edge on me, training the past couple of weeks."
Rojas first arrived in Utah on Friday evening, and Saturday was at the team's three-on-three youth soccer event. His first impressions of Utah, mixed with the action at the University of Utah's indoor football practice facility, were positive.
"It's going to be great; the people here seem really interested in what we are going to do here," Rojas said.
While the rest of the team practices in Portugal, Rojas will bide his time in Utah looking for a house and otherwise getting settled. He also is resting a hamstring he pulled recently in a game against Jamaica. He is looking forward to when Real returns to the United States for its practice sessions in Redlands, Calif.
His training with Real may be short-lived, however. Chances are, he will be recalled to Trinidad for national team training.
West Ham, Leeds, Coventry look at Carlos Edwards.
By: fleX.

Wrexham winger Carlos Edwards has played down speculation linking him with a move away from the Racecourse. The 26-year-old talented Trinidad & Tobago international has reportedly been watched by championship sides West Ham United, Leeds United and Coventry City.
However, Edwards maintains that the media interest surrounding his future does not affect him.
"In the past I've been told there are clubs interested in me and sniffing around but it doesn't affect me," said Edwards.
"As one of the better-known players at the club it's something that I've had to get used to, but I've never let it get on top of me. "If I have to leave Wrexham, then fine but until then I'm concentrating on Wrexham and trying to keep us up," he added.
Meanwhile, Dundee have just been granted dispensation to sign former Motherwell and Kilmarnock goalkeeper Francois Dubourdeau following injury to Trinidad & Tobago international Kelvin Jack. The Scottish based Jack has been jinx by injury since joining Dundee.
Cornell Glen who is currently in Spain on pre-season training with his new club FC Dallas is also nursing an ankle sprain. Unfortunately, Cornell has been injured for the most part of his stay with us in Spain. Like I said before, we will be looking to add a couple more bodies to strengthen our look at the forward position, added head coach Colin Clarke." Despite being injured Glen still had the chance to meet up with his international team-mate Derek Phillips during his time in Spain. FC Dallas defeated Phillip's new club Shamrock Rovers of Ireland's First Division by a 1-0 score line last Monday.
More news, young inspirational midfielder Denzil Theobald is also out injured and could miss Trinidad and Tobago’s next World Cup qualifier against Guatemala on March 26th and possible the home game against Costa Rica 4 days later. The talented midfielder has fractured his left instep and his foot will be in a cast for 10-12 days. “Yes I am disappointed, but I am always one to look at things in a positive light, but yes I would have certainly liked to play against Guatemala especially after having a good game against the USA, but I guess that’s how it is sometimes, ended Theobald.” After getting better though, Theobald is expected to jet off to England to pursue a trial spell after being invited by English Championship League Division club Queens Park Rangers. He says he is enjoying his stint with Caledonia AIA Fire, but says if a overseas contract comes his way he will welcome it with open arms,” says Theobald.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 03:22:32 PM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Marlon Rojas eager to join his teammates.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 08:24:11 PM »
Utah is a tough place.  Some taxi drivers won't even allow yuh into their car at de airport by jes looking at your appearance.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 11:23:17 AM »
Forget Rojas for the moment, I am not hearing much about preparations for the week of the 22 we have 2 very tough games to play and I AM NOT SEEING MUCH ACTIVITY ON OUR TEAM TO IMPROVE THEIR PERFORMANCE.
I was on another forum for a football video game called winning 11 and one Spanish dude from Mexico said that Trinidad had no right to be in the tournament. I was pissed but had to think about it again. Can we really pose a threat to these teams and not end up at the bottom of the table with not a win to our name?

Tallman what going on with the team these days?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 11:26:18 AM by grskywalker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 11:49:12 AM »

All ah could say is dat La Forest conducting training sessions and David Cumberbatch and Zeph Nicholas concentrating on physical conditioning. Ah tink Bertille suppose tuh be back in Trinidad tomorrow.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 11:50:35 AM »
Forget Rojas for the moment, I am not hearing much about preparations for the week of the 22 we have 2 very tough games to play and I AM NOT SEEING MUCH ACTIVITY ON OUR TEAM TO IMPROVE THEIR PERFORMANCE.
I was on another forum for a football video game called winning 11 and one Spanish dude from Mexico said that Trinidad had no right to be in the tournament. I was pissed but had to think about it again. Can we really pose a threat to these teams and not end up at the bottom of the table with not a win to our name?

grskywalker
I is a winning eleven man mehself. What forum you does be on? I does check out the soccergaming forum and the pesfan forum
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2005, 12:36:14 PM »
http://www.onlineregister.com/konami/wenation/

For any one interested this site is a forum for the game Winning 11 nation.

I am going to put this out there to see who bites at this one.

I think our players spend some time playing this. Why?
You come up against very challenging situations in the game which require critical and strategic thinking, exactly what you need when you are actually on the field. A discipline that I find is lacking with our players, their ability to think through situations.
What do you all think?

1]; } ?>