April 29, 2024, 10:23:02 PM

Author Topic: Christmas carols, parang, soca parang  (Read 122129 times)

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ah need help allyuh.
« Reply #180 on: December 23, 2010, 08:24:06 AM »
Dahs the damn ting self! thanx again TC. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7og8aTLPtc  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfMvSVJA4JI&feature=related

jus cool... in de entertainment board have a thread with christmas and parang music... yuh will find several other oldies in there as well that you might enjoy
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

truetrini

« Reply #181 on: December 23, 2010, 02:19:06 PM »
That is Lennox Grey song called "Around the Christmas tree." or around my christmas tree.

One of my all time faves.
Well i'm shocked! :o today was really ah strange day, first the DADT repelled, latas still in charge, and now you an atheist having a favorite "CHRISTMAS" song. well ah day.

BTW TC, no kiddin, thanx for that, i was trying meh best tuh find that song for meh mother and the kids but to no avail. ah know it had to be a local song.                       much appreciated.

Christamas has nutten to do with christainaity..it is a well known paga festival thatw as co-opted and shoved down allyuh throats!

Not to mention de christmas tree lol

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 23, 2010, 03:54:02 PM »
Christamas has nutten to do with christainaity..it is a well known paga festival thatw as co-opted and shoved down allyuh throats!

I dunno what "christainaity" is an whose throats it was forced down... or what "Christamas" is for that matter.  But Christmas the observance celebrated on December 25th has very much to do with Christianity.  Downright foolish to assert otherwise.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 23, 2010, 07:37:05 PM »
That is Lennox Grey song called "Around the Christmas tree." or around my christmas tree.

Well i'm shocked! :o today was really ah strange day, first the DADT repelled, latas still in charge, and now you an atheist having a favorite "CHRISTMAS" song. well ah day.

BTW TC, no kiddin, thanx for that, i was trying meh best tuh find that song for meh mother and the kids but to no avail. ah know it had to be a local song.                       much appreciated.

Yuh preachin to the chior breds. i well verse on the origins of christmas. tell it to the others who maybe in the dark about this, as ah matter of fact, fack it, i will tell it.

it's an old roman pagan tradition that derived from babylon centuries ago.

the romans used to celebrate the birth of mithra on the 25th of december before constantine christianized them, as we all know mithra was the pagan roman savior of the world before christ kicked him off the wagon and stole his birthday and his title becoming the new savior, hence christmas.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 07:53:42 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas carols, parang, soca parang
« Reply #184 on: December 23, 2010, 09:18:34 PM »
Mitra was Babylonian ? I thought it was Set. So which civilization was older Babylon or Indian cause a google search saying Mitra was an Indian god .

I specifically used the word "DERIVED" not "ORIGINATED" in babylon. maybe it orignated in india, but as far as i know, mithrism was a babylonian concept that made it's way to the grecco roman empire and finally settling and rooted itself in roman culture.

i don't talk of the top off my head, and most things i post could be supported with facts. 
http://www.gto.org/Articles/Mithraism.htm
http://www.sullivan-county.com/bush/mithraism.htm
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101020093107AAMrBmA
http://www.innvista.com/culture/religion/deities/mithra.htm
http://www.vexen.co.uk/religion/mithraism.html
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 03:42:54 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 24, 2010, 12:21:59 AM »

Yuh preachin to the chior breds. i well verse on the origins of christmas. tell it to the others who maybe in the dark about this, as ah matter of fact, fack it, i will tell it.

the romans used to celebrate the birth of mithra on the 25th of december before constantine christianized them, as we all know mithra was the pagan roman savior of the world before christ kicked him off the wagon and stole his birthday and his title becoming the new savior, hence christmas.  ;D

This is nonsense.

Christmas is it's own celebration, it was not derived from any pagan observations.  Christ was a historical person, meaning he actually existed and was not some myth.  Christmas is a celebration of his birth, which to Christians has special meaning given his divinity.  Non-Christians can question his divinity if they like but for believers there is ample reasons for it.  All that said, there are pagan traditions which have been incorporated into the Christmas celebration over the years.  Among these are Santa Claus (Saint Nicklaus), burning the yule log/yule tree (which was turned into placing lit candles on yule trees; which today is lighting Christmas trees), celebrating the birth of Sol Invictus the Sun God/observing the arrival of the Winter Solstice (December 21st; which became the modern day observation of December 25 thanks to the early Catholic Church)... to name a few.

Incorporating these traditions made it easier to convert pagans to Christianity, but by no means indicates that Christmas was derived from these traditions.  At one point "Discovery Day" was celebrated in Trinidad and Tobago on August 1st.  25 yrs ago it was decided that the observation would be replaced by "Emancipation Day" instead... also to be celebrated on August 1st, since slaves were emancipated in the British colonies on that day in 1834.  Two observances, celebrated on the same day, one replacing the other.  Was Emancipation Day derived from Discovery Day?  Anybody really want to try and make that argument?

Of course the analogy isn't perfect, Discovery Day and Emancipation Day are observed in drastically distinct ways, unlike Christmas and some of the earlier traditions/observances, where there is much similarity.  Nonetheless, the birth of Christ is no fable, nor is his Divinity, to Christians.  But it's a favorite heresy of atheists and other non-believers.

truetrini

« Reply #186 on: December 24, 2010, 02:26:54 AM »
Christmas' origin was hardly Christian.  In fct the earliest criticsm to Christmas came from Christians who said it was anything but christian.

Christmas was created to capture pagans into christianity and the Church (RomN catholic) allowed all the excesses of the old Staurnalia festivals.

No way..christmas is a lie.

I have to admit, it has morphed into something other than hat it was originally, and people are nicer etc.  but it is a lie.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 24, 2010, 02:35:11 AM »

This is nonsense.

Christmas is it's own celebration, it was not derived from any pagan observations.  Christ was a historical person, meaning he actually existed and was not some myth.  Christmas is a celebration of his birth, which to Christians has special meaning given his divinity.  Non-Christians can question his divinity if they like but for believers there is ample reasons for it.  All that said, there are pagan traditions which have been incorporated into the Christmas celebration over the years.  Among these are Santa Claus (Saint Nicklaus), burning the yule log/yule tree (which was turned into placing lit candles on yule trees; which today is lighting Christmas trees), celebrating the birth of Sol Invictus the Sun God/observing the arrival of the Winter Solstice (December 21st; which became the modern day observation of December 25 thanks to the early Catholic Church)... to name a few.

Incorporating these traditions made it easier to convert pagans to Christianity, but by no means indicates that Christmas was derived from these traditions.  At one point "Discovery Day" was celebrated in Trinidad and Tobago on August 1st.  25 yrs ago it was decided that the observation would be replaced by "Emancipation Day" instead... also to be celebrated on August 1st, since slaves were emancipated in the British colonies on that day in 1834.  Two observances, celebrated on the same day, one replacing the other.  Was Emancipation Day derived from Discovery Day?  Anybody really want to try and make that argument?

Of course the analogy isn't perfect, Discovery Day and Emancipation Day are observed in drastically distinct ways, unlike Christmas and some of the earlier traditions/observances, where there is much similarity.  Nonetheless, the birth of Christ is no fable, nor is his Divinity, to Christians.  But it's a favorite heresy of atheists and other non-believers.
Poppycock!!! first off, initially, there was nothing named christianity, and the fella who we all know today as "JESUS CHRIST" was a ah practicing jew. he never told the israelites to eat pork, do away with the sabbath and the law of moses, instead he instructed them on the purity of worship and the true precepts of god and was marely instructing them to return to the faith of moses with ah more merciful approach, in other words a reformer.

in the acts of the apostles, the beginning of the 3rd chapter "peter"/simeon and "john"/ yohan went up to the temple to worship, and that was after the death or disappearance of the christ, IMO that's a clear indication that they were still observing jewish law.

the christianity we all know and love is ah greek religion given to them by st paul and not jesus. hense the reason pual and barnabas (who was jesus's first cousin) went separate ways never to unite ever again, that's BC paul was talkin some shyte that jesus didn't teach them, and barnabas and mark bounced.

in 70 AD after the sacking of jerusalem by titus,the followers of christ for the most part retreated to deserts of egypt where they were known in those days as the nazerenes and the ebonites, and they stayed there for 100s of yrs, of which after they moved throughout the middles east.

jesus himself quoted in the gospel of mathew 5:17 that he didn't come to end the law but to observe, full fill, keep. i not doubting that the early pauline grecco christians did celebrate christ birthday, but the romans were the ones who made christmas what is is now, which was a pagan concept.

PS: i still love christmas and does still listen to meh carols but i don't get carried away with the significance BC it routed in paganism. but as andy williams said, "it's the most wonderful time of the year".  :devil:

BTW check out jeremiah chp 10: 1-4  some more facts about christmas and it's pagan origin.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 05:11:55 AM by just cool »

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 24, 2010, 06:47:00 AM »
There's a right side and a wrong side on this topic.

Let's see who'll be wrong and strong on this one :thinking:

truetrini

truetrini

« Reply #190 on: December 24, 2010, 11:38:45 AM »
 Happy Festivus, end of Hannukah, Saturnalia, St Stephens Day, St Lucia, Winter Solstice, Navidad, Noel, Second day, Clock Day, Family Day, Kwanzaa, Goodwill Day, St Nicolas Day, Jinnah Day, Karen Day, and the Birthday of Horus...a festive season to all!!!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 24, 2010, 03:13:45 PM »
Christmas' origin was hardly Christian.  In fct the earliest criticsm to Christmas came from Christians who said it was anything but christian.

Christmas was created to capture pagans into christianity and the Church (RomN catholic) allowed all the excesses of the old Staurnalia festivals.

No way..christmas is a lie.

I have to admit, it has morphed into something other than hat it was originally, and people are nicer etc.  but it is a lie.

So please tell us then... what were the origins of Christmas?  Was Christ real or was he a myth... is his divinity a myth to Christians?

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 24, 2010, 03:25:43 PM »
apparently no roman philosopher living at the time talks of jesus .apparently it all has to do with the ages .ie remember moses throw the bull statue ...well that was the age of Taurus .After Taurus was the age of Pisces ,the fishs Like Jesus.
We should receive another  savior at the age of Aquarius . 

truetrini

« Reply #193 on: December 24, 2010, 03:28:27 PM »
if Christ is real or a myth has no bearing on the festival.  His divinity was decided some 300 years after his death according to the Council Of Nicea.

To christians his divinity is real.  still trying to figure out what his divinity has to do with Christmas..seems more like Easter to me.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 24, 2010, 03:58:54 PM »
Poppycock!!! first off, initially, there was nothing named christianity, and the fella who we all know today as "JESUS CHRIST" was a ah practicing jew. he never told the israelites to eat pork, do away with the sabbath and the law of moses, instead he instructed them on the purity of worship and the true precepts of god and was marely instructing them to return to the faith of moses with ah more merciful approach, in other words a reformer.

Of course initially there was nothing named Christianity... it must start at a certain point, and until that point that it originates then it's not in existence.  Initially there was nothing named Islam or Judaism either... I'm not sure what your point is supposed to be.  Christ never instructed the Jews to do away with the things you mentioned but he gave new meaning to them, he told them they could continue their observances, such as observing the Sabbath, circumcision, maintaining a kosher diet etc.  However Jews did these things in fulfillment of the promise made between God and Abraham, known as the 'covenant', which is a fancy way of say bond or agreement.  Christ told them that they no longer had to keep up these observances as part of their covenant with God.  He was the New Covenant and belief in and acceptance of him is now the only way to maintain that promise with God.  

It's hardly as simple as present it, it had little to do with that "more merciful" talk you suggesting... what Christ was proposing was very radical and very much a heresy in the eyes of the Jews... compounded by the fact that he claimed to be able to perform miracles, something reserved exclusively to God.

i
n the acts of the apostles, the beginning of the 3rd chapter "peter"/simeon and "john"/ yohan went up to the temple to worship, and that was after the death or disappearance of the christ, IMO that's a clear indication that they were still observing jewish law.

What exactly is this supposed to prove... because they were still observing certain aspects of Jewish faith that means that they weren't observing Christianity??  Christianity is not that different from Judaism that you won't see some of the old faith survive in the new... this isn't  Christianity and Islam we talking about.  Christianity is in line with Judaism on everything but the deity of Christ.  I guarantee you that Peter and John believed that Christ was the Son of God and that ascended into heaven and reunited with God following his death... something the Jews would never say.

the christianity we all know and love is ah greek religion given to them by st paul and not jesus. hense the reason pual and barnabas (who was jesus's first cousin) went separate ways never to unite ever again, that's BC paul was talkin some shyte that jesus didn't teach them, and barnabas and mark bounced.

This is beyond foolish... the central tenets of Christianity are traced directly to the works and writings of the 12 disciples of Christ, including the very same Peter and Mark you mention.  None of these disciples were Greek, nor was Paul himself.  Paul was a Roman citizen, but also a practicing Jew.  Christianity was already in existence by the time Paul was converted.. proof of this is in the fact that he was one of the chief Jewish leaders given responsibility for persecuting the blasphemous new Christians.  How then could Paul give a religion that was already in existence?

As for the ridiculous claim that Barnabas and Mark "bounced"  because Paul was teaching something not taught by Jesus... this is beyond silly.  Paul by the force of his personality, his inherent passion and the strength of his belief.. became an early leader of the new Christian sect.  I say "sect" because Christians very much still saw themselves as Jews, very much the say Sunnis and Shi'as see themselves as Muslims following the teachings of different imams.  Christ was a rabbi who brought new teachings to the Jewish faith.  The disciples embraced these teachings as 'gospel' and after the death and resurrection of Christ they undertook as their mission the publicaiton and dissemination of his teachings.   In order to reach as many people as possible it became necessary to disperse and go their separate ways... they didn't have no Praise The Lord ministries or 700 Club to spread their message so they had to travel in order to spread that Word.  This is why they went their separate ways.  There is nothing in the writings of Mark which indicates that he was at odds with Paul.  Mark's Gospel is 99.9% in sync with the other Gospels of Matthew, Luke and John.  None of these other Gospels indicate that there was anything 'off' or different or objectionable with the teachings of Paul.

in 70 AD after the sacking of jerusalem by titus,the followers of christ for the most part retreated to deserts of egypt where they were known in those days as the nazerenes and the ebonites, and they stayed there for 100s of yrs, of which after they moved throughout the middles east.

I have no idea what this has to do with anything... other than to say that Christians were spread about... this simple fact you reference has little bearings on the origins of Christianity.

jesus himself quoted in the gospel of mathew 5:17 that he didn't come to end the law but to observe, full fill, keep. i not doubting that the early pauline grecco christians did celebrate christ birthday, but the romans were the ones who made christmas what is is now, which was a pagan concept.

Of course he didn't come to end the law... but to fulfill it.  HE was fulfilment of the law of Moses.  Believe in him and accept him as the "way the truth and the life", that no one get to Heaven but thru him (John 14:6).  It is clear that this represents a radical departure from traditional Jewish teachings that the way to Heaven was thru the observances of the laws of Moses, the keeping of the Covenant.  Your suggestion is that Christ wasn't trying to take the religion in a new direction.  Well that is PRECISELY what he did.  He didn't call himself a Christian just like Martin Luther didn't call himself a Lutheran, John Calvin didn't call himself a Calvinist, and Siddartha Gautama didn't call himself a Buddhist.  That doesn't refute the fact that Christianity is the same core beliefs that were taught by Christ and handed down to and thru his disciples.

PS: i still love christmas and does still listen to meh carols but i don't get carried away with the significance BC it routed in paganism. but as andy williams said, "it's the most wonderful time of the year".  :devil:

BTW check out jeremiah chp 10: 1-4  some more facts about christmas and it's pagan origin.

Jeremiah 10:1-4 says nothing about pagan origins about Christmas... yuh might want to read it again.  It speaks about idol worship and the fact that some worshipped trees.  The only potential link with Christmas is the fact that we light Christmas trees today.  Of course it's silly to say that this practice originated with the worshipping of trees... but I'm sure that won't stop you from trying to make that argument.

------------------------

Trust me, is not now I having these discussions on Christianity and Christmas... there is hardly an argument that you can make that I haven't already heard.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 24, 2010, 04:06:16 PM »
if Christ is real or a myth has no bearing on the festival.  His divinity was decided some 300 years after his death according to the Council Of Nicea.

To christians his divinity is real.  still trying to figure out what his divinity has to do with Christmas..seems more like Easter to me.

Whether he is real or not has everything to do with the festival, since YOU are one of the two here saying that the origins or Christmas were pagan.   Christians clearly tie the origins of the religion to his birth and the hope that his birth offered to believers, later fulfilled by his teachings during his lifetime.  Those teachings gave rise to the belief that he was the Son of God and that he ascended into Heaven to be reunited with God.

I myself have written extensively here about the Council of Nicea, so you not really telling me anything I don't know.  Maybe that is for others like Trini assive who following on the sidelines.  Following the Coucil of Nicea in 325 a.d. it was finally adopted as the official position of the Church that Christ was divine.  It's not that Christians didn't believe this before... a majority of Christians always believed that Christ was divine.  The Aryan Heresy however proved to be significant enough a threat to that unofficial belief that it became necessary for the Church to formalize the belief.

If you still trying to figure out what the divinity of christ has to do with Christmas then no wonder you making the types of arguments you making.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 04:07:59 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 24, 2010, 04:21:02 PM »
All yuh probably have this in the list already but in an attempt to bring back de thread from impending hi-jack.....

Ah love dis chune!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBAmaCE-ND0

Black Cake and Sorrel.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 24, 2010, 04:29:09 PM »
All yuh probably have this in the list already but in an attempt to bring back de thread from impending hi-jack.....

Ah love dis chune!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBAmaCE-ND0

Black Cake and Sorrel.....

Thanks BrownSweetSugar I real love this song. :beermug:

truetrini

« Reply #198 on: December 24, 2010, 04:49:35 PM »

Whether he is real or not has everything to do with the festival, since YOU are one of the two here saying that the origins or Christmas were pagan.   Christians clearly tie the origins of the religion to his birth and the hope that his birth offered to believers, later fulfilled by his teachings during his lifetime.  Those teachings gave rise to the belief that he was the Son of God and that he ascended into Heaven to be reunited with God.

I myself have written extensively here about the Council of Nicea, so you not really telling me anything I don't know.  Maybe that is for others like Trini assive who following on the sidelines.  Following the Coucil of Nicea in 325 a.d. it was finally adopted as the official position of the Church that Christ was divine.  It's not that Christians didn't believe this before... a majority of Christians always believed that Christ was divine.  The Aryan Heresy however proved to be significant enough a threat to that unofficial belief that it became necessary for the Church to formalize the belief.

If you still trying to figure out what the divinity of christ has to do with Christmas then no wonder you making the types of arguments you making.

I understand your position,.

Merry Christamas my brother.  Even though I don't beleive in the Divinity of Christ, or that there are any Gods out there. it is truly one of my favorite times of the year.

I like the vibe and the way people behave.

So Happy Holidays and enjoy to the max!

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 24, 2010, 04:56:51 PM »
And on that note ,I beleive this great song should un hijack the tread
Merry Christmas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD4jKGkjZiw&playnext=1&list=PL2F3E1E5F33F07BFE&index=12

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 24, 2010, 05:02:48 PM »
I understand your position,.

Merry Christamas my brother.  Even though I don't beleive in the Divinity of Christ, or that there are any Gods out there. it is truly one of my favorite times of the year.

I like the vibe and the way people behave.

So Happy Holidays and enjoy to the max!

Yeah man, Happy Holidays to you and yours as well... and tell mih peoples I said hello. 

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 24, 2010, 07:26:10 PM »
Bake N shark you've spoken like ah true christian. the way yuh dispose of every one of my arguments like non of them were credable is just amazing and indicative of every christian i've said this to.

i won't take this any further though, since there's nothing in it for me, but there's one thing i must reply to. the fact that yuh tie up initial in ah knot to mean from the begining of it all as opposed to what i meant to say which was in the beginning of christ mission and there after his followers, is quite convenient.

but allow me to say it again, and i'm using the word initial as to say, "from the beginning of jesus's mission and his disciples carrying on there after". initially from the beginning to the end of his mission, christianity did not exist, not in name, not in practice, not in creed!!!

these guys were jews who followed a different brand of judism, they kept the sabbath, they worshiped yahweh only, and they followed the precepts of moses, nothing that the christians follow today or in the 4th century is comparable!

the early followers of jesus were not called christians, but rather nazerenes and ebonoites, that's the only reason i mentioned them. they also didn't believe in the cross or jesus being their savior, to them he was the good teacher/ prophet and nothing more.

this whole concept of savior, son of god, divinity of christ and trinity was never a concept during the life of jesus, his disciples nor the early followers of his message.

as for christianity and judism not being that different, back then or any other time, :o  this one i have tuh say was the one that lost me, and lead me to believe that you eh know what the hell yuh talking bout!! as ah matter of fact, the only similarities that christianity and judism have in common is the half ah book that they share, apart from that, apples oranges.

jews believe in one solitary deity, christians believe in the trinity for the most part except the unitarians. judaism follow the law of moses, christians don't, except for the adventist dem. judaism celebrate different holy day like rashanna, yaum kipor, channaka, shemini atzeret, passover and many more, christians don't! also christians celebrate holidays which have no correlation with judaism and the jews therefore don't follow them either.

as for the comment jesus made about not abolishing the law,but to fulfill it, he then went on to say, until heaven and earth pass away, not one "jot" (an iota) nor one "tittle" (a point or small sign used as a diacritical mark) shall in no wise pass from the law until all be fulfilled.

and this is self explanatory. fulfill has a few meanings, examples= (A) to bring to an end, (b) to put into effect, (C) to measure up too,(D) to covert into reality, ah wonder which one jesus was talkin bout? well ah know for sure he wasn't talking bout (A) BC he already said in the beginning of the statement, that he eh come to abolish the law, so it had to be either B,C or D., plus he said until heaven and earth pass away, not one jot of the law shall in no wise fail.

now in case i'm not dreaming i will pinch my self just tuh make sure, BC as far as i know, heaven and earth still here and has in no wise passed away! which means the law of moses according the christ is still in effect. but anyway ah know yuh will probably find ah way tuh annul every argument that was brought again.

BTW, i have the same disposition had TC, i love the vibes of christmas, but i don't believe it has shyte to do with christ, but rather an old roman pagan tradition that survive through the transition from pagan rome to papal rome.

merry christmas bro, don't drink too much.      positive. :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 24, 2010, 10:23:10 PM »
JC yuh right pardna, the early Christians didn't believe Christ was the savior... the conversation between Christ and Peter in the Garden of Gethsemane the night that he was betrayed... that never happened, or Peter was just mouthing the words, he never really believed that.  The Gospel authors only write the Gospel to show how crazy Jesus was, walking around talking about how he was the path to redemption.... they themselves never really believed any of that.  But as yuh said... I really dunno what the hell I talking about so leh we eh waste any more time on this.

Happy Holidays  :beermug:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 25, 2010, 06:07:45 AM »
JC yuh right pardna, the early Christians didn't believe Christ was the savior... the conversation between Christ and Peter in the Garden of Gethsemane the night that he was betrayed... that never happened, or Peter was just mouthing the words, he never really believed that.  The Gospel authors only write the Gospel to show how crazy Jesus was, walking around talking about how he was the path to redemption.... they themselves never really believed any of that.  But as yuh said... I really dunno what the hell I talking about so leh we eh waste any more time on this.

Happy Holidays  :beermug:
Nah sharks, doh take it like that. ah know this is ah christmas thread and ah hate tuh go on wid all this, but sometime i does get carried away with topics like this BC of a special interest of mine.

as for your statements i have bolded in red, there's also a flip side. there were @ least 20 gospels that never made it into the canonical library, forinstance, the gospel of barnabas, gospel of nicodemus, gospel of Q, gospel of thomas, egerton gospel, gospel of mary, gospel of the nazoreans, gospel of the ebonites, secret gospel of mark, dialogue of the savior, and much more, and most of these gospels support a whole different view of christ and his mission than what we have today in the new testament.

we all know that bishop irenaeus persecuted the judao "christians" (true followers of christ) and labeled them heretics, their accounts of christ mission never made it into the canonical books either,

that's BC their view of jesus didn't fit the story that was told by paul and others, so it's really hard to say what was christ mission since there are so many conflicting accounts.

i think you should do some more research, there ah wealth of information just waitin to be tapped into. i think you should start with the complete gospels by john dominic crossan, and the gnostic gospels by elaine pagels.

merry christmas bro and enjoy yuh day.   :beermug:

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #206 on: December 25, 2010, 10:54:02 AM »
There is this other song that Lenox Gray sang it goes something like this sha la la la la have a happy day a merry christ day.
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

AirMan

« Reply #207 on: December 25, 2010, 12:00:59 PM »
My Christmas Anthem

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bvMGoLN3dWE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bvMGoLN3dWE</a>

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
looking for a parang song
« Reply #208 on: December 10, 2011, 10:44:13 PM »
an OLLLLD parang kinda disco

it goes

Christmas time comes once a year
its the only time you ever seem to care
i've got music in my soul now
i dont need you any more....

anyone knows the name of the song and the singer and if it on youtube?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: looking for a parang song
« Reply #209 on: December 10, 2011, 11:18:55 PM »
Colleen Grant - Latin Parang

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/U2VTgObSpoA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/U2VTgObSpoA</a>
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

1]; } ?>