April 20, 2024, 01:10:41 AM

Author Topic: Are TNT players innately talented or are they products of a .......?  (Read 19081 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Are TNT players innately talented or are they products of a .......?
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2006, 12:05:00 PM »

They obviously BUILT on their GOD GIVEN ability but if they didn't have that ability in the first place...I puttin it to you they would not be have become "Zidane", Cryuff", "Hart" etc.

I'm curious to know when was the first time you saw Zidane play football......how have you determined what his God-given ability was ? What qualities did he exhibit over his peers, at the tender age, when you can consider talent "raw" ?

...just curious......I not trying to call you out or single out yuh post......I'm just curious as to how we make an assesment of a player's God-given ability as opposed to what he was able to develop more effectively than his peers through training, persistence, repetition.......and dedicated effort.......

What God-given ability did Zidane build on ?.......

At a basic level, throw a bunch ah 4 year olds on a football field and let dem play. ..no training, nuttn..within 10 minutes you are able to instantly identify who have potential to make de school team in 5 years..and who really should be considering chess as dey main sport

Yuh callin meh out and I eh mind one bit.  So doh back pedal.  If Zidane was one a dem 4 year olds dat DID NOT STAND OUT ON DE FIELD, I will retract my statement.  I'm willing to bet he was.

here we go again..why men does always feel people trying to buff them or attack them if they have a slightly different view or opinion?

doh go dere Palos...this is not a competition to see who will win the argument. this is a mature discussion. instead of getting paranoid and defensive...read all the posts. noone calling you out. the post yuh replying to respectfully tell yuh it eh tring to call yuh out...yet yuh still want to get vex. anyhow..read the posts and see nobody eh retract or backpeddling..and when grown men try to meet yuh at common ground and try to see the commonality in yuh points...see it just as that and move on like a big man

Now....where you see I gettin vex?  Show me.  I tellin yuh make yuh point and doh cover it up.  You see me cuss yuh?  Yuh see me disrespect yuh or anybody?  Now yuh want to come and play holier than thou on my head?  Nah go so fren.  U talk your talk...I talk mine.  We eh bong to agree and nowhere have I disrespected you so doh ascribe to me dat foolishness bout movin like big man and ting.  Ketch yuhself.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2006, 12:05:06 PM »
Palos, Filho, et al. .........is no scene. I have already communicated that I realize we're all saying the same thing, just using different terms......and looking at it from slightly different perspectives....

what some call natural football talent, some call attributes that can be developed into footbal talent. I see football talent as something that is developed, by the use of different attributes, some natural, others nurtured.....others wish to see "innate" qualities and term them football talent......

no offense was meant and none was taken.......

cheers :beermug:
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2006, 12:05:58 PM »
Palos, Filho, et al. .........is no scene. I have already communicated that I realize we're all saying the same thing, just using different terms......and looking at it from slightly different perspectives....

what some call natural football talent, some call attributes that can be developed into footbal talent. I see football talent as something that is developed, by the use of different attributes, some natural, others nurtured.....others wish to see "innate" qualities and term them football talent......

I eh have no problem wit dat.   :beermug:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2006, 12:12:29 PM »

I eh have no problem wit dat. :beermug:

hard luck dey Palos..... :beermug: :beermug:

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2006, 05:40:27 PM »
I think Trinibago players are not really highly on the list of players pro team in the U.S and oversea in Eur want.....south American, central American and African players from different African country is top list...cause they rearly bench ... not start or don't make the cut

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2006, 06:57:12 PM »
People are not born with footballing abilities just like kicker said. A person is born with athletics attributes. If Pele was born in the U.S maybe he would have been a great wide receiver or quarter back. In Trinidad there are lots of players with the POTENTIAL to be really good, but the correct guidance through an established and successful program is lacking.

What we have to realise is that the majority of Trinbagonians would not want to pay to see such structured football. You have to see a man get beat and fall down for the game to be good. Let me show how, Latapy is our most famous midfielder because he could dribble the ball past almost anyone and do tricks and flicks in the game. The other player who had come really close was Dwarika.

No one ever mentions our most technically and one of the most tactically sound player. David Nakhid. Now I know a lot of people do not like him because they believe he puts his foot in his mouth to often. But, anyone that knows anything about football would know that he has been our most technical player. But he is never recognized for his ability. Hence my argument that we are not ready for a structure to the manner in which we play. Our major down fall to our National teams is that we do not have a "way" in which we play. We do all kind of attacking patterns in practice, but how do we play? What's our game? Can anyone answer me this?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2007, 09:59:30 PM »
Interesting that more of our younger players and even those who have not  represented us at the national level is getting some trials abroad.

Offline football prof

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2007, 09:20:06 AM »
I did not read all of the posts, but did anyone mention that the social conditions (poverty, crime) and resources (proper pitches, infrastructure, access to good facilities) in Trinidad, do not fully support the development of football, when compared to other nations (particularly Western nations).

Just look at the TTFF financial situation. This lack of resources for football is echoed throughout the world in many developing countries. Ghana, Nigeria, Togo etc. Developing countries dont produce world class or almost world class players, it is the players individuality and skill that allows them to be noticed, and eventually become world class or on the professional level. Developed countries, who have resources for football, and are not plagued with the social conditions that Trinidad or any developing nation faces, can and will continue to produce world class players. Once they have an interest for it.

Brazil might have many social conditions like Trinidad, but they have an infrasturcture that promotes Brazillian football. And of course they got the talent.

Trinidad has the talent but needs alot of work developing the infrastucture to accomodate that talent.

Offline football prof

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2007, 09:21:46 AM »
Wow I did not realize how old this discussion is.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2007, 09:21:46 PM »
with this discussion...i read every post...and i much say ....everyone in here...had something interested to say about Trinidad and Tobago football..and i keep tell myself...went are they going to get it...we keep making the same mistake over and over again.....I'm just fed-up...sometime went i was T&T play....for me it's not pretty...the players may have the qualities and football talented at home ...but international.....NOT

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2011, 12:21:43 PM »
With all the talk of  TnT players  going on trials overseas, it begs the question, do we have a pool of  potential talent, latent talented players  or raw talent if it's all of the stated, what kind of a coach do we need to develop this talent?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2011, 02:26:45 PM »
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".
                                            Albert Einstein 

Its been said
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2011, 06:34:06 PM »
When you read of the number of players going on trials, you wonder what was the system or program that nurtured these individuals. Once more I ask the question do we have the proper infrastructure, coaching and training at the formative stages of player development to  have viable and sustainable results at higher levels of play in TnT? Notice how many of the Canadian team players were attached to some football academy of a professional team.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2011, 06:42:44 PM »
I did not read all of the posts, but did anyone mention that the social conditions (poverty, crime) and resources (proper pitches, infrastructure, access to good facilities) in Trinidad, do not fully support the development of football, when compared to other nations (particularly Western nations).

Just look at the TTFF financial situation. This lack of resources for football is echoed throughout the world in many developing countries. Ghana, Nigeria, Togo etc. Developing countries dont produce world class or almost world class players, it is the players individuality and skill that allows them to be noticed, and eventually become world class or on the professional level. Developed countries, who have resources for football, and are not plagued with the social conditions that Trinidad or any developing nation faces, can and will continue to produce world class players. Once they have an interest for it.

Brazil might have many social conditions like Trinidad, but they have an infrasturcture that promotes Brazillian football. And of course they got the talent.

Trinidad has the talent but needs alot of work developing the infrastucture to accomodate that talent.

Do you know who has been in charge of TT football for the past 30 yrs?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2011, 08:38:49 PM »
cant read all the comments on this one ...so I will just post for the umpteenth time my view in simple language ........ we need a developmental programme like the athletes have ...ever wonder why good in T&T is good worldwide in athletics ? and why good in football in T&T is not good worldwide ? we have no standard on which to judge our preparation ....  is only an exchange of coaches for every tournament ....good going fellas ...allyuh really fight !!! better luck next time !

(we need A developmental coach ..to implement a developmental programme .. modelled after those of Brazil and Argentina ..the countries which dominate world youth football ) 10000000000

Jamaica does it ..... they studied the USA athletes ...now they have developmental coaches that are sought after worldwide in Athletics ...they will soon be  doing it in football ...since Simoes took them to brazil before the WC in '98 .they got smart ..did I mention that their under 17 team which just qualified for the WC spent a month in Brazil as part of their preparation ?? ...well compare that with our preparation ...but we going Brazil .....Warner say so !

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2011, 06:44:20 PM »
I must say yes we had the talent i can`t say for now because i have not seen the a local games in many many years but i would say again we had players on par with other countries to include some european countries, having lived in germany for a few years i can truly say had some our players born there they would have been superstars, our talented players started loosing interest in 80`s so the younger players had no yard stick to measure to locally and the reason why ....JACK THE TNT FOOTBALL KILLER AND HIS HENCE MEN..and you older heads know this to be true the criminal started back in the day when level brother grounds used to be filled with paying folks, the criminal pass and take all the gate money, he ban pro pioneers, he ban asl league he ban sammy, if i cant get a piece of the action he out law you, look at the world cup fiasco players still cant get they money that the cancer of TNT FOOTBALL ........

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2013, 11:23:32 AM »
What have we put in place to  cultivate and nurture our potentially talented players at all levels?

1]; } ?>