March 29, 2024, 02:09:57 AM

Author Topic: Simpaul's Travel World Cup Package  (Read 21848 times)

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
Re: so we qualify, does that give jack the right to hijack the tickets???????
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2005, 09:57:12 AM »
Fire for the TTFF boy. If you waiting on them to get tickets your ass dark. My father know somebody in the admin. I would have call his name but i refuse to do so. All i could tell you is that you have to have links inside their to have any chance of getting tickets. Every body in the admin pulling their strings to get tickets. One set ah drama. I purchased tickets on fifa site when they went on sale on the first day. At that time the game with sweeden and england had few tickets left. I think they going to have some lottery.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 09:59:28 AM by skins »

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2005, 10:03:02 AM »
Real men on this board say Jack deserve the Trinity Cross.....go figure !!!
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2005, 10:14:49 AM »
Whatever

We sell out TnT Football to Jack Warner Long time ago.

He was selling all the tickets for the last 30 years from Shell cup to Gold cup and no body aint say shit.

Now is world cup man want to complain.

Jack Warner Plain and simple own TnT football he has owned it your years now.

He fund everything and all sales of money and revenue go to him.

This should not be a shock to any body

When we have the U17 world cup

he get all the contract and his team get to used the COE as a home base

Jack did not Hijack the tickets is he bring them into the country.

He probably actually bring the tickets into the country on one of his FIFA trips so I dont know what man compalining for

This is the norm

if you want tickets you can buy them from FIFA or from men outside the stadium if you do not want to buy from Jack Warner you have options.

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2005, 10:17:19 AM »
men outside the stadium? i thought yuh cant scalp

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2005, 10:49:38 AM »
e. But I AM NOT PAYING THAT MAN 5,000 US to go to Germany.  So I want to go to Germany but as usual as trinis we accept that we have to go through all this bacchanal to get tickets for the world cup

5,000 US not taking u to germany with jack's package, it is simply getting u hotel accomodation, tickets, a flag, a jersey and a tote bag!!

u have to find your way there on your own.
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2005, 11:13:58 AM »
Is best yuh try d lottery and tell yuh family who living abroad to try it also for yuh..barring dat..wait till Feb when FIFA opens the ticket transfer site and buy iy off men  who selling dem.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Re: Simpaul's Travel World Cup Package
« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2005, 06:10:39 AM »
This is the letter I recieved from FIFA today concerning this topic

Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 11:45 AM
To: theman.friday@us.army.mil
Subject: SIMPAUL TRAVEL

Dear Mr. Friday,

Thank you for you call.  Further to receiving your email below, I can confirm that FIFA raised this issue concerning Simpaul Travel's activities with the Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation directly, earlier this week. 

Due to confidentiality reasons we are unable to provide you with copies of correspondence between FIFA and its member associations.  We hope to be able to resolve this matter soon.

Best regards

Julia McAulay

I am awaiting further updates on the situation. Please if you hear anything back home about it please let me know.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2005, 06:52:12 AM »

Dear Mr. Friday,

Thank you for you call.  Further to receiving your email below, I can confirm that FIFA raised this issue concerning Simpaul Travel's activities with the Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation directly, earlier this week. 

Due to confidentiality reasons we are unable to provide you with copies of correspondence between FIFA and its member associations.  We hope to be able to resolve this matter soon.

Best regards

Julia McAulay

I am awaiting further updates on the situation. Please if you hear anything back home about it please let me know.

Good work !! Lets wait and see !

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Don’t mess with our tickets, Jack
« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2005, 08:23:01 AM »
Letter to the Trinidad Guardian

Open letter to FIFA vice president Austin Jack Warner:

I speak on behalf of many T&T football fans with intentions of going to Germany to continue to support our team as we have done religiously for each game since the first against the Dominican Republic on June 20, 2004.

Jack, quite simply, we don’t want to be part of any package deal. We want to be able to buy tickets from the relevant authorities (I assume the TTFF or Concacaf) at the advertised price for round one matches of either 35, 45, 60 or 100 euros.

We want to move around at our own pace, do our Trini thing where we want, when we want, and then all meet to gather for game day.

Jack, you have done great so far. Make the tickets available without the excess baggage of $27,000.

I bought tickets from Concacaf to go to France to watch our Caribbean brothers Jamaica in 1998.

I now want to be able to do the same for my country.

Chris Skinner
Port-of-Spain
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
TANTIE TALK BOUT PRICE OF TICKETS & GIVES TTFF BETTER IDEAS FOR RAISING FUNDS!
« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2005, 11:58:46 AM »
I give Tantie de tumbs up on she comments above! Is when Jack and the TTFF go learn to stop trying to rip off the poorman in T&T who are the root of our football talent and who form are the core of our die-hard football supporters?

Now Waggonist with money to throw way can go support but the poor die-hard working class supporters can't?!

Do we want bandwaggon supporters who are too polite to boo England and understand little about being a true vocal football supporter making up the majority of our supporters in Germany or do we want the true die-hard working class supporters who knows how to support our Soca Warriors to spur them on leading our support efforts in Germany?! 

Are poor working class Trinis at home no longer welcomed as Soca Warriors supporters?

Jack & the TTFF should be ashamed of themselves with that ridiculously priced package and no other options being made available to the poor working class T&T public at home for obtaing tickets!!  >:(

What do you folks here think?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 12:10:43 PM by Tallman »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2005, 03:58:58 PM »

Dear Mr. Friday,

Best regards

Julia McAulay

Good work Friday..keep us posted on the latest happenings. Hopefully TTFF and JW will come to their senses and give us our tickets. Thanks also for making my 100th post seems worthwhile and I am proud to be using it in your thread. Big up!!!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 23, 2005, 11:12:08 AM »

Dear Mr. Friday,

Best regards

Julia McAulay

Good work Friday..keep us posted on the latest happenings. Hopefully TTFF and JW will come to their senses and give us our tickets. Thanks also for making my 100th post seems worthwhile and I am proud to be using it in your thread. Big up!!!

Friday this is a joke.  You will call the police to tell them to watch the Commissioner?  eh?  jack is a Vice President in FIFA, you think they going to do anything?

« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 11:38:31 AM by Jahyouth »

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
" Accordin' to what I see on de official World Cup website, T&T suppose
to be gettin' somewhere in de region of 3-4000 tickets fuh each of de 3 first round games.  So, assumin' dat it have more than de 100 or so dat went to Bahrain (an' could afford $17,500+ at short notice) who would want to go Germany, is why dey didn' have a lottery/draw fuh tickets?  An' dey coulda even earn some funds fuh de sport while dey at it.  If dey do like de embassy an' dem does do fuh visay - pay yuh money an' yuh get one entry in de draw.  De entry fee could be de cost of one ticket,
if yuh get pick, yuh have de chance to buy fuh all three match or dey
draw again to see which one match yuh gettin' to see live an' direct.  However, if yuh ent get pick yuh go get yuh money back, but here is where de money makin' does come in...
if dey put de funds dat get collected from de 'unlucky' ones in a bank or better yet in de Unit Trust until de World Cup done, dey could split de
interest wid de 'unluckies' an' dey go have some additional funds fuh de sport.
"

aye Tanti right
Bless she
Dude apparently you dont read 7300 tickets for all games togethrer I posted that before
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack's harsh take it or leave it policy
« Reply #103 on: December 24, 2005, 08:53:35 PM »
Letter to the Trinidad Express

Once again Austin "Jack" Warner is set to benefit from ticket sales at the world's premiere sporting event. It is perhaps now common knowledge that his travel agency - Simpaul Travel Service - has the sole rights for match tickets for at least our preliminary round matches at next year's World Cup finals. I have verified this by checking with other travel agents and the local football body, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF).

If Simpaul's package was reasonably priced, I would have no problem in purchasing from them. But look carefully at their newspaper advertisement and evaluate what they are offering for TT$30,000 (not the deluxe package). You will only get 12 nights' accommodation, tickets for our Group B matches and some supporters' paraphemalia. No arrangements are made if we qualify for the next round. Let us assume what the basic package offers - Category 3 tickets (at 45 Euros each) and a three-star hotel (at 100 Euros per night). Leave the higher categories for their deluxe package. The total cost of 1,335 Euros comes up to a bit over TT$10,000 - a whopping 200 per cent return on investment, made only possible by Mr Warner's connections.

And when you look at their caption - "Ticket or Leave It", this arrogance shows no consideration for the grassroots football lover. This deluxe package is more suited for those who want to party - not for the true football lovers. We simply want to be there to support our national team. It seems that we are victims of the politics for we have not heard a word from the Minister of Sport or officials of the TTFF.

The Sunday Express has Mr Warner on its list of nominees for the "Individual of the Year" award. Kindly investigate his claims for all the funds he keeps pumping into local football against the benefits he allegedly gains from it due to his position as FIFA's vice president.

There are others like myself who have relatives living in Germany. Our accommodation cost will be negligible. I called Simpaul requesting a quote for match tickets and airfare alone. I was told that all that they can offer is one of the two packages - "Ticket or Leave It". What are we supposed to do? The other option is on-line purchasing which is based on a lottery system. Can we depend on luck when such a trip will require financing, arrangements for vacation leave etc?

Let us not have to miss out on this opportunity which for some of us took a lifetime. Can we wait for another 16 years? Mr Warner, the tickets are in your hands, but they belong to our true football loving patriots.

True Football Lover
San Rafael
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #104 on: December 25, 2005, 01:33:21 AM »
I will contact FIFA again next week to check on the status of my Iquire
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Rymizx

• Full Warrior
  • It's a small world ! - No Really...
    • View Profile
What could $30000.00 get me.
« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2005, 08:05:52 PM »
Just because I could scrape up and scrunt to find it. I will not blow $30K on any of Warner's empire. (UNC included)

Imagine that 30K, then another 10K for airfare and misc expenses.

Well with that budget I will upgrade, buy two Big screen TV's one 51 inch, and one 26 inch, a DVR/HD Recorder, a 100pack of DVR,  a multiple room cable setup, a home theather system. A nice big armchair sofa, plenty beer, plenty rum, and still have a bit left over to donate to the T&T womens, or under 19 or under 16 teams.
I will have front row seatings to all games and not be caught up in the Simpaul madness.
All I will miss is being present in the stadium and the euphoria of when we score in the WC especially if against England.
But I will not be taken for a ride like the hundreds of people in 89 who had tickets for de Complex and could not get in...

Offline snfuller

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2006, 05:11:44 AM »
Whilst I may be a humble English man, I am a veteran of travelling abroad to watch football - both international tournaments and club matches.  I have never been to a game where you can't buy tickets outside the ground.  At the FIFA Confederations Cup tournament in Germany in the summer, people stood outside the gates with hand made notices offering tickets for sale - the same will happen in Germany.  Don't believe the hype about checking names on a ticket - the maths don't add up - if you have 20,000 people trying to get into the ground through 20 gates (Nuremberg has 20 gates) in an hour that means 16 people per minute will have to pass through the games - if you have to stop to check ID, etc then you will get 2/3 people per minute - meaning that the grounds will look empty on TV - something FIFA can't have for the sponsors - so the answer is simple.....Allow touts to sell the tickets and turn a blind eye...

90% of the England fans going to Germany are going on independent trips - the official travel companies in the UK rip fans off as well.  There are lots of ways into Germany - Poland, Austria, Switzerland, Holland, Czech republicm, Belgium, Denmark, France and Luxemburg all border Germany and so many people are travelling first to these countries and getting trains / buses onwards.  Hotels are easy to find - just avoid the big cities and use the fantastic train service - you can buy a month long rail pass for just €250.

I have spent 5 months in Germany researching my book on the World Cup and have seen what all the options are and where to buy tickets from....I've got my ticket for the game in Nuremberg and paid less than €30 - and not via EnglandFA

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #107 on: January 06, 2006, 05:48:41 AM »
Whilst I may be a humble English man, I am a veteran of travelling abroad to watch football - both international tournaments and club matches.  I have never been to a game where you can't buy tickets outside the ground.  At the FIFA Confederations Cup tournament in Germany in the summer, people stood outside the gates with hand made notices offering tickets for sale - the same will happen in Germany.  Don't believe the hype about checking names on a ticket - the maths don't add up - if you have 20,000 people trying to get into the ground through 20 gates (Nuremberg has 20 gates) in an hour that means 16 people per minute will have to pass through the games - if you have to stop to check ID, etc then you will get 2/3 people per minute - meaning that the grounds will look empty on TV - something FIFA can't have for the sponsors - so the answer is simple.....Allow touts to sell the tickets and turn a blind eye...

90% of the England fans going to Germany are going on independent trips - the official travel companies in the UK rip fans off as well.  There are lots of ways into Germany - Poland, Austria, Switzerland, Holland, Czech republicm, Belgium, Denmark, France and Luxemburg all border Germany and so many people are travelling first to these countries and getting trains / buses onwards.  Hotels are easy to find - just avoid the big cities and use the fantastic train service - you can buy a month long rail pass for just €250.

I have spent 5 months in Germany researching my book on the World Cup and have seen what all the options are and where to buy tickets from....I've got my ticket for the game in Nuremberg and paid less than €30 - and not via EnglandFA

so any idea how much a ticketless English supporter going to pay for a ticket outside the stadium?..is it illegal to scalp tickets in Germany also?
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #108 on: January 06, 2006, 07:04:16 AM »
Now isn't that a dumb question ???
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline snfuller

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2006, 09:10:08 AM »
It is illegal to resell a ticket for any game featuring an English club (including England) anywhere in the world as long as you are English!!  Ticket Touting in Germany is not illegal - but reselling FIFA tickets invalidates the terms and conditions and if caught the tickets can be confiscated.  There will not be an issue someone selling one or two tickets - if someone is found selling hundreds then they may find themselves "detained" by the police and their tickets removed.

England fans in Nuremberg will pay as much as it takes to get it - if the price is too high nobody will pay and the touts will have to cut the price.....I expect to see tickets on sale for €250-€300

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2006, 10:37:53 AM »

I thought it was a good question, answered something i wanted to know
Thanks snfuller for the reply
BAsed on other sites such as  ticket exchanges, it looks like the selling rate that english fans are willing to pay for the england tickets is about 200-250 pounds each at the moment.  Thats pretty close to snfullers guess as to what they will sell for

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 06, 2006, 11:25:41 PM »
 :rotfl: ah see Simpauls Drop their price now, but without tickets lol dem ppl funny oui!!!

Price $27,000 per person based on double occupancy.
Match Tickets are not included and you must source these directly from TTFF (Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation) or via the FIFA Web site.
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #112 on: January 07, 2006, 11:39:28 AM »
well sorry if you think so...i was looking for an answer and i got it..thanks Snfuller
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #113 on: January 07, 2006, 02:17:13 PM »
I see the letter from FIFA to the TTFF worked. This is what they told me they where going to do. I spoke to Mr. Houdemann's secreatery and she said that SIMPAULS was going to make some changes and Jack had a statement. Wish he did by saying SIMPAULS is not the official Ticketing agent. Changes are happening. You remember he said they had the Ticket rights before????

PPL now we have to force him to get our tickets for us.
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline real-warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 07, 2006, 07:42:51 PM »
hmm u no how much tingz i cud do wit 30 thousand!!! stueps! dey have nuttin else besides simpauls? ???

Offline Behbehman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Simpauls World Cup Package
« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2006, 04:34:43 PM »
If it was me alone going. I en care whey I sleep. But de wifey going too (Yes I have to spend that money by 2), so I have to ensure I get a decent hotel.  She like sports more than me. No whey I could leave she home. De only thing Ah cyar get she to understand is LBW and offside. And just when Ah had she with offside dey change de damn rule :rotfl:.
And just when Ah thought ah had she understanding LBW, she come and see them Lara thief-out :rotfl:
So Ah back to suare one

Nah breds, dat is not "square one," yuh shoulda say "square leg" instead :rotfl:

1]; } ?>