April 25, 2024, 07:47:37 AM

Author Topic: Open Letter to the Guardian for Honoring JW  (Read 1152 times)

Offline PEG

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Open Letter to the Guardian for Honoring JW
« on: December 26, 2005, 10:18:49 PM »
The text of an email, I forwarded to the Editor of the Guardian:

I write to convey my utter disappointment that a national newspaper that purports to champion integrity and accountability in public affairs would honor Jack Warner in the way that you have done.  Jack Warner has done a lot for Trinidad football - that is beyond doubt.  However, as one that is concerned by the lack of exemplars in Trinidad, I am in utter shock that Mr Warner was honored in the way that he was by your newspaper.  A couple facts are incontestable - 1. Mr. Warner or his family has a beneficial interest in Simpaul's travel agency 2. Simpaul's, without the rigor of competitive tender, has exclusive control over the Trinidad allotment of tickets to the World Cup  and 3. Mr. Warner did not publicly declare his financial interest when he made the announcement nor has he or any TTFF official deigned to explain this obvious conflict of interest.  Nor is this the only financial imbroglio which has involved Mr. Warner.  They are almost too numerous to mention.

I would like your newspaper as the "Guardian of Democracy" to attempt to get answers from Mr. Warner and to delve into these matters further e.g just how much does the TTFF owe Mr. Warner.  I would hope, Mr. Singh, that your previous collaboration with Mr. Warner would not dissuade you from pursuing this vital service for the benefit of your readers. 

True public servants do not attempt to line their pockets while ostensibly serving the public.  The ethos that you could take a little something for yourself while serving in public roles is well entrenched in our country.  It is even sadder when an august institution like the Trinidad Guardian appears to endorse this sentiment

truetrini

Re: Open Letter to the Guardian for Honoring JW
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 10:23:08 PM »
whappen Peg..like yuh seing de light...finally?

after all dese years ah debate and battle we had...ah happy doh, because yuh always was ah sensible fella...regardless of yuh misplaced alliances.... ;D ;D

I look forward to your continued presence here...please dont be a stranger.

By de way yuh wne over to Al site as yet?

http://disc.server.com/Indices/199373.html

Offline PEG

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 10:36:38 PM »
i HAD NO MISPLACED ALLIANCES.  JW has done a lot for T&T football anyone who says otherwise would be dishonest.  We got to turn the page on this smartman thing as a country however.  Cause we just spinning top in mud.  You live in Virginia, you could see the Washington POst giving an award to a man no matter how much he had done for his cause with Jack's ethical deficiencies and self-dealing.  I want my country to reach, things like this show me we ent reach yet.  Thanks for you comments.  I ent check out Al site yet.  I will do do latter today

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2005, 10:45:46 PM »
well peg. i remember a time past when you defended jack's short comings and even said he merely paylayed his FIFA post into business deals to make money...now I see you taking a different stance dats all bro.

we are in full agreement

by de way Peg..I feel dat Jack do more harm to T&T football dan any little good!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 10:49:36 PM by truetrini »

Offline Rymizx

• Full Warrior
  • It's a small world ! - No Really...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 07:33:59 AM »
Truetrini - Dat is a good idea. If the 1300 plus members send an e-mail to the editors of  Express, and Guardian, and to TTFF, Concacaf etc asking questions and seeking a response we might just get some clarifications on the JW saga..

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 07:43:26 AM »
So what are we waiting on
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2005, 08:54:09 AM »
So what are we waiting on

Steups.... is 3 weeks now almost ah month I BAWLING WRITE LETTERS!!!

Pressure dem ppl lewee pressure dem!!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2005, 09:09:37 AM »
I suggest we let KND write de letters fuh we seeing dat he so smart and was ah voice ah dissent fuh years decrying Jack Warner.

Besides he know so much ting about de TTFF and he is no hypocrite either.

I say let KND start de letter writing campaign!

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2005, 09:14:06 AM »
See this is what I am talkiing about Stop naming ppl and let every one do what we need to do sarcasum is not going to get us anywhere.

This should be a warriors net project.
Letters to the powers that be.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy