April 30, 2024, 03:06:13 AM

Author Topic: T&T will not be playing Wales on March 1, 2006  (Read 9424 times)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Re: T&T will not be playing Wales on March 1, 2006
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2005, 07:57:24 AM »
The TTFF is like local political parties, a GRANDCHARGE organization. In politics is one set of talk about proof f corruption and wrongdoings on the hustings and nobody getting arested.

The TTFF is the same thing they always trying to dangle some carrot about some big news or big deal that they don't want to reveal as yet.

We get the announcement of the Wales game from them, why we can't get nothing from them now that the  game cancel?

Biggest game in the History of TnT in March,..... "who boy Brazil, France?"

"Sorry fellas game cancelled, but it was Brazil though"

Allyuh really feel that that game was confirmed? Yuh hear Brazil say anything about the game? Yuh hear them say that they had to cancel the game?

Yuh hear Wales say that they had to CANCEL the TnT game to play Paraguay? or did they just announce that they are playing Paaguay?

Why not make an announcement AFTER a deal is finalozed and stop trying to bobolize people head with a set of pie in the sky bullshit.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2005, 10:00:37 AM »
The Wales vs. TnT fixture was on FIFA's site from d earlies...it still there in fact. The Wales page had us on there but changed it recently to Paraguay.

http://www.fifa.com/en/organisation/confederations/associationdetails/0,1483,TRI,00.html?countrycode=TRI

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wales Match Cancelled
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2005, 10:24:15 AM »
  Now T&T lose Wales friendly

Tuesday, December 20th 2005

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Leo Beenhakker spent the weekend in England continuing his scouting of players for National team selection, this time taking a look at former Bolton Wanderers forward Ricky Shakes as he ran out for Swindon Town.

But while making his way around on the job for T&T, the Dutch-born coach also found himself in search of a new opposition for T&T's warm-up international on March 1. Originally, intentions were to play against Wales but that country has now opted to play T&T's other Group B opponents Paraguay on the same day at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium. The "Soca Warriors" should know in the next few days who else they will now be facing.

TTFF Special Advisor Jack Warner and Beenhakker have been trying to finalise the list of internationals before the World Cup. And Warner is adamant that T&T will not be left behind in the build-up to Germany 2006.

Swindon deputy chairman Mark Devlin confirmed that Beenhakker was at the venue on the weekend after he had requested tickets to the match. But Devlin only knew he was present after a friend pointed out that the T&T head coach was in the stands. Shakes did not start in the 0-0 draw with Blackpool but eventually came on in the 61st minute.

"We have our eyes open and of course we also need to keep informed as to what the other teams are doing and what our players are doing. This is the World Cup and of course there's every reason to enjoy what's happening but you also have to ensure that you know what you are doing and how you must prepare for it," Beenhakker told TTFF Media.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2005, 11:26:11 AM »
The Wales vs. TnT fixture was on FIFA's site from d earlies...it still there in fact. The Wales page had us on there but changed it recently to Paraguay.

http://www.fifa.com/en/organisation/confederations/associationdetails/0,1483,TRI,00.html?countrycode=TRI

hmmmm

Like these friendlies doh have no contract ting nah.
Steupse.....I hope we get Rep of Ireland....they better anyway.  How much money we hadda shell out to guarantee a game boy.
UAE get Brazil and must be pay serious $$$

Too bad that tournament with Ghana, Nigeria and Jamaica never got going again.

Offline Ned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2005, 11:55:45 AM »
I hope we get Rep of Ireland....they better anyway.

The Republic are playing Sweden on the first of March , they are better though  ;)

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2005, 11:59:36 AM »

hmmmm

Like these friendlies doh have no contract ting nah.Steupse.....I hope we get Rep of Ireland....they better anyway.  How much money we hadda shell out to guarantee a game boy.
UAE get Brazil and must be pay serious $$$

Too bad that tournament with Ghana, Nigeria and Jamaica never got going again.

Story change now eh

STEUPS

Like ah say it eh have nuttin to do with the TTFF......ah was being objective plain and simple

STEUPS

Offline blaidd cymraeg

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2005, 12:45:04 PM »
shame but i did say we wouldnt play in a foreign country on our patron saints day.
from what i have heard you wanted more money  than paraquay and wanted to play in london.

all the best and hope you do england  :beermug:

Offline Sentinel

• Full Warrior
  • Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
    • View Profile
T&T vs. Who?
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2005, 12:19:43 AM »
Just reported on FSC...as we already know....we will no longer be playing Wales. 

Report furter stated that Warner says he is looking into us playing either Scotland, Norway or N. Ireland on March 01.

Luv U T&T

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs. Who?
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2005, 12:37:48 AM »
Just reported on FSC...as we already know....we will no longer be playing Wales. 

Report furter stated that Warner says he is looking into us playing either Scotland, Norway or N. Ireland on March 01.

Luv U T&T

Interesting.....since they've all those teams have got games on the day (Scotland/Swiss, N Ireland/Estonia, Norway/Senegal).....wonder if Jack's checked the fixture list....

Offline Ned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2005, 03:12:44 AM »
get yourselves over to Falkirk , we'll play you (with Latas in blue of course  ;) ) it's been a while since we saw a home win at The Falkirk Stadium  :P

from the 'available' nations I posted yesterday I reckon Poland would be your best bet - Spain and Portugal are also free if you want a tougher test .

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2005, 05:11:59 AM »
What about that warm up game warner was promised against a top German club if he voted for Germany to hold the W C instead of South Africa

I think he had asked for that game based on T&T qualifying for the W C
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 07:03:41 AM by Tallman »

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2005, 06:26:36 AM »
What about that warm up game warner was promised against a top German club if he voted for Germany to hold the W C instead of South Africa

That would not work on an international weekend because any decent club will have all their international players missing...so it will be a waste for us. Conversely, if a club is at full strength our team will not be since our players will be at their clubs. So basically, international teams do not play club teams (anymore) unless is in the off season
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Swomp

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2005, 01:06:01 AM »
men stressin deyself, come march 1st , we gon get a good team to play against..

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2005, 01:18:05 AM »
I really do hope so >:(
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline snfuller

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Friendly in London
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2005, 09:26:50 AM »
Hi,

I might have missed it on an earlier pots, but is the friendly in London on March 1st likely to be at Upton Park ?

1]; } ?>