March 28, 2024, 10:17:28 AM

Author Topic: Fabio Capello Thread  (Read 10883 times)

giggsy11

Re: Capello orders England to dress smart and ditch the PlayStations
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2008, 12:50:15 PM »
The man has a reputation to protect and uphold. Is about time somebody make these fellas earn the right to where the shirt and represent the country. No more Stevie G, Jt and Roon. Gerrard, Terry and Rooney. Anymody actually think dem men respected Sven and McClaren? The two groupies who were coaching the national team!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2008, 03:24:16 PM »
Well, as much as I am not invested in English football, ah hadda say 'bravo' to Capello ... dahs de procedure.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2008, 07:14:31 PM »
Read dem and d WAGs d riot act ah set ah babies
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2008, 07:54:01 PM »
Capello needs to respect the pro's more, rather than laying down the law too much

He won't win their respect if he's laying down the law all the time...

he needs to learn all about them and what makes them tick

what Capello also fails to realise is that a lot of the squad are seasoned businessmen, therefore they have to take vital calls at any time..so banning phones/Blackberries is out of order imo

also i know the WAGS are a bit rough, but why shouldnt they join in and come to matches? although poor Ashley might feel a bit left out

He has done it at every club he has coached. This is nothing new from Capello, but it will be new for England players.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2008, 07:56:51 PM »
This is nothing new from Capello, but it will be new for England players.
yeah, is dem poor likkle rich boy prima donnas....maybe they might win something now ::)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
Fabio Capello Thread
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2009, 07:32:25 AM »
Capello resigns - unconfirmed

Keegan replaces Capello

I not seeing anything on Soccernet or CNNSI. Can anyone confirm?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 06:57:16 AM by Flex »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Capello resigns - unconfirmed
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2009, 07:39:17 AM »
Why allyuh dont read articles before allyuh post them......lol

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2009, 07:41:33 AM »
Boy, I went back and check after... too late, I had already post here.  :rotfl:

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2009, 07:49:37 AM »

ah love it!!

man thought he was hot of the press with that one ....  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2009, 08:00:42 AM »

ah love it!!

man thought he was hot of the press with that one ....  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

:beermug:

Did I really? I could have sworn I was asking for confirmation of the accuracy of the article.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2009, 08:01:40 AM »
Keegan replaces Capello

I not seeing anything on Soccernet or CNNSI. Can anyone confirm?

ahahahahahahahahaha ah man get catch  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2009, 08:03:44 AM »
Hoss I eh even read the article and the first thing that crossed my mind was April fools....

Didn't think that wolfman was the one getting fooled though lol...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2009, 08:07:27 AM »
That was funny. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2009, 08:12:38 AM »
Hoss I eh even read the article and the first thing that crossed my mind was April fools....

Nah dred, ah get catch, oui!   :-[

;D

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2009, 08:13:52 AM »

Nah dred, ah get catch, oui!   :-[

;D

Small ting- happens to the best of us.  :beermug:
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fabio Capello -- fotball coaching genius?
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2009, 05:38:12 PM »
When Fabio took up the reign of England, I thought not even his coaching ability could transform England's tier 2 performances on the world football level, you could argue he has done nothing yet w/the same (though I would not make that argument) and so we will see how 3 lions fair in the WC, but what a resume. 

Clubs like Milan and RM had star studded players and so again one could argue when he took up the mantle of managing those clubs the player personnel infrastructure was already there, but he even achieved success w/a less than star studded Rome club in 2001.

Who ranks above him?  Who is his coaching equal?  Personally, would not want to see England win a WC, but would be interesting to see how he does w/this England squad next year
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Fabio Capello -- fotball coaching genius?
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2009, 05:52:47 PM »
When Fabio took up the reign of England, I thought not even his coaching ability could transform England's tier 2 performances on the world football level, you could argue he has done nothing yet w/the same (though I would not make that argument) and so we will see how 3 lions fair in the WC, but what a resume. 

Clubs like Milan and RM had star studded players and so again one could argue when he took up the mantle of managing those clubs the player personnel infrastructure was already there, but he even achieved success w/a less than star studded Rome club in 2001.

Who ranks above him?  Who is his coaching equal?  Personally, would not want to see England win a WC, but would be interesting to see how he does w/this England squad next year

England has beaten Croatia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Belarus and Andorra.

Some REAL BIG teams dey boy.... ::)  ::)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2009, 05:54:21 PM »

Pre-Capello England would have struggled to beat Ukraine and Croatia, but I hear you, WC would be the real test (which I did state), but they do look alot better under his reign
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2009, 09:34:07 AM »
Pre-Capello England would have struggled to beat Ukraine and Croatia, but I hear you, WC would be the real test (which I did state), but they do look alot better under his reign

Despite not beating the biggest teams, England does look a lot better than before.  Capello has his core players who he believes in and they work well for him.  Despite Heskey's lack of scoring he has opened up the game for Rooney & co. to have their way upfront.  Capello has gotten results with Gerrard and Lamps on the field at the same time when most thought it could never work.  What I like about him is that he isn't afraid to demote nor promote anyone.  Most thought Beckham would not ever play on that squad again much less get starts but Caps saw that Beckham could still contribute and now he's back in the fray.  Right now as far as international coaches go is him and Hiddink that standing tops in terms of what they have gotten from their respective squads.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2009, 10:03:57 PM »

Despite not beating the biggest teams, England does look a lot better than before.  Capello has his core players who he believes in and they work well for him.  Despite Heskey's lack of scoring he has opened up the game for Rooney & co. to have their way upfront.  Capello has gotten results with Gerrard and Lamps on the field at the same time when most thought it could never work.  What I like about him is that he isn't afraid to demote nor promote anyone.  Most thought Beckham would not ever play on that squad again much less get starts but Caps saw that Beckham could still contribute and now he's back in the fray.  Right now as far as international coaches go is him and Hiddink that standing tops in terms of what they have gotten from their respective squads.

Sense Killa, but I eh wah dem go no way, but w/how they lookin rite now, anyting possible

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2009, 02:23:35 PM »

If you want to be consistent, you'll have to go ahead and say that Germany are rubbish too since Capello's England also defeated them recently as well...Holland are ranked #3 in the World and England drew with them 2-2 (after being 2-0) down so you might as well include the Dutch into your superb list of crap teams...

England's 4-1 win over Croatia was their FIRST defeat at home in their entire history...Ukraine reached the quarter finals in Germany 2006, losing to the eventual World Champions, Italy. You fail to mention that Ukraine have only been an independent nation since 1991, taking that into account, they've done well to get to where they are in such a short period compared to other former Soviet bloc states who became independent. Croatia and Ukraine are hardly slouches. Croatia finished third in France 98 and are currently ranked ninth in the World and never lost a qualifying match on the way to Germany 2006. They eliminated England in the European championships qualifiers and beating Germany (amongst others) once they got there...

Capello has transformed England from a bumbling catastrophe to a well oiled and efficient unit with the same core of players who failed to qualify for Euro 2008. Capello deserves a lot of credit for his accomplisments in such a short space of time and to to say that the opposition that England have faced since during his tenure are sub-standard is not only wrong but also disrespectful to the massive strides they have made since the European Championships qualifiers...

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Capello arranges South American ref for friendly
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2010, 07:35:22 PM »
Capello arranges South American ref for friendly

WEMBLEY, England (AP)—Paraguayan referee Carlos Manuel Torres will take charge of England’s friendly with Egypt at Wembley on March 3 as coach Fabio Capello looks to gets his World Cup squad used to officials from another region.

The Football Association said Monday Capello asked for South American officials to recreate World Cup conditions even in a friendly on home turf.

A FIFA referee since 1998, Torres will have two countrymen as linesmen although he is not on the list of officials for the World Cup.

Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Capello arranges South American ref for friendly
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2010, 10:10:03 PM »
details mama....simulation papa
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FA chiefs say carry on to Capello
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2010, 07:26:28 PM »
The FA have given Fabio Capello their backing to remain as England manager - and he is "more determined than ever to succeed".

The Football Association confirmed the news this afternoon, bringing a swift end to speculation about the Italian's future.

"I am more determined than ever to succeed with the England team," said the Italian tactician.

The decision was taken following a meeting of the four-man Club England board, which decided unanimously to keep Capello, despite the Three Lions' woeful performance at the World Cup.

The full FA board subsequently ratified the recommendation, which means Capello will now continue in his £6million-a-year role until the end of Euro 2012.

"Sir Dave Richards has called me to tell me everyone at The FA wants me to continue," said Capello. "I explained it is very important we use the disappointment as a motivation in the future.

"I can assure the fans I am now fully focused on our European qualifying fixtures, starting with the friendly against Hungary in August."

In the immediate aftermath of England's record 4-1 defeat by Germany in Bloemfontein last Sunday, it was felt Capello would have to go, even though it had not been four weeks since he signed a revised contract, removing a break clause that would have taken effect after the World Cup.

Yet, within 24 hours, Capello was signalling his intention to continue, leaving the FA in no doubt they would be forced into a costly compensation exercise should they decide to part company with the 64-year-old.

Crucially, while many former players, including Alan Shearer, demanded Capello's sacking, those far closer to the action adopted a different approach.

Bolton chairman - and senior FA figure - Phil Gartside, threw his weight behind Capello, which was seen as crucial given he is a long-time ally of Club England chairman Sir David Richards.

Another member of the FA hierarchy, David Sheepshanks, urged caution at virtually the same time as Roy Hodgson, the overwhelming favourite to replace Capello, was being installed as Liverpool manager.

The FA did have alternative options in Harry Redknapp and Stuart Pearce. But given how much it was going to cost them, Capello's admittedly impressive record prior to the entire World Cup finals campaign, which started badly with the ill-fated 'Capello Index' and got worse virtually by the day, and the need to end the uncertainty, Richards feels the FA have reached the correct conclusion.

"We are all still extremely disappointed at our performance in South Africa, and we believed it was important that we took some time to reflect on everything in a calm and considered manner back in England," said Richards.

"After fully discussing our performance we remain convinced that Fabio is the best man for the job.

"He went into the World Cup with a reputation as one of world football's finest managers and we are confident Fabio will benefit from his first international tournament experience and this will undoubtedly make us all stronger for the Euro 2012 campaign."

Although it had been suggested some members of the FA board were unhappy at the way the Club England offshoot had taken full responsibility for the post-South Africa period, acting chairman Roger Burden expressed his support for the move.

He said: "The FA Board supports this decision.

"It is the right decision and will allow us now to rebuild for the future with Fabio leading us forward."

Capello can now continue with the holiday he went on within hours of his arrival back in London, and start preparing for the friendly with Hungary on August 11 and then the Euro 2012 qualifying programme, which starts with a home game against Bulgaria on September 3.

He has already offered a list of players who were not in South Africa who can hope to be involved, including Manchester City winger Adam Johnson, Arsenal trio Theo Walcott, Kieran Gibbs and Jack Wilshere and Fulham forward Bobby Zamora.

"We will look to introduce new players to give the team new energy and I will use all my experience to take England forward," said Capello.

"I am extremely proud to be the England manager, it means so much to me and I am determined to succeed."

P
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Capello
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2011, 06:17:36 PM »
Either Capello was mistranslated or he was into the Punch a Cream.

Way off on his facts.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2557/news/2011/12/29/2823197/england-manager-fabio-capello-calls-for-end-to-stealing-of-young-

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fabio Capello Thread
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2015, 08:25:53 AM »
A Losing Coach Russia Can't Afford to Lose
By Leonid Bershidsky (Bloomberg View).

For a coach whose team can lose to pretty much anyone, Fabio Capello is remarkably expensive. The manager of the Russian national soccer team is a living reminder of everything that has gone wrong in Russia in the last three years.

Today, the executive committee of the Russian Football Union, known as RFS, was expected to announce Capello's resignation. Instead, after a meeting, the federation said he would stay on, at least for now. To kick him out, the RFS would need to buy out his contract for more than 21.5 million euros ($24 million). The organization doesn't have that kind of money, and the only person who can provide it -- Alisher Usmanov, Russia's richest man and the part-owner of London's Arsenal soccer club -- hasn't agreed to do so.

He's already done a lot: In February, he loaned the RFS 400 million rubles ($7.4 million), and another 300 million this week. Both sums were needed to pay Capello's back wages at the rate of 7 million euros a year. Will he come through this time? The soccer bureaucrats will just have to wait to find out, while Capello continues to experiment with a hopeless team crimped by gross mismanagement of the sport.

Russia first hired a foreign coach for the national team, Guus Hiddink, in 2004, after the squad lost 1-7 to Portugal -- its most humiliating defeat. Another billionaire, Chelsea club owner Roman Abramovich, paid his salary of 2 million euros a year. It was a revolution: While many Russian fans demanded a competent coach from overseas to lift up the team, it was a difficult political decision. In Russia, as in many other countries, soccer fandom is directly linked to patriotism, and to some occasional fans, the national team's performance even has geopolitical implications. So was putting a foreigner at the wheel a disgrace, or was it a sign that Russia was a new kind of global power, wealthy and not shy about opening up to the world?

It all depended on Hiddink's performance, and he performed. In 2008, after many experiments with the lineup and some harsh functional training, Russia took third place in the European championship, the nation's best post-Soviet achievement to date. On its way to the bronze, it trounced the Netherlands, Hiddink's native country. I still remember that game and the jubilant honking of, it seemed, every one of Moscow's 4 million cars in celebration. Russia was a European country with a European coach and one of the best teams on the continent.

After that fairy-tale episode, Russia's national team has been led by a succession of foreign coaches: first, another Dutchman, Dick Advocaat, then Capello, a major star who had coached the best European clubs and then managed England's national team, where he was liked and respected by players, if not by association officials.

The only way to lure him to Russia was to offer oodles of money. The RFS agreed to all of Capello's terms in 2012, and he did OK at first, helping Russia qualify for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, where he was the best-paid coach. Once there, the team died early, but Capello had a new contract. The weekly Novaya Gazeta published it in April. The salary, bonuses and perks are incredible. Apart from the guaranteed 7 million euros a year, for example, Capello was to receive more than 14,000 euros per month to rent an apartment in Moscow, enough to secure a palace. And should he be fired before the 2018 World Cup in Russia, he would be due about 32.6 million euros, minus what he would have earned by that time.

Most likely, this contract mechanically continued the terms agreed in 2012. That year, Vladimir Putin had just been re-elected for his third presidential term. Russia still seemed to have ambitions to modernize and become a global player, and it still had profits from oil priced at more than $100 per barrel. But economic growth was slowing as the state tightened its grip on the economy and bureaucrats and law enforcement bosses took a greater cut of businesses' profits. There remained lots of money and glamour, but the country was no longer performing.

Neither was Capello's team. He simply had too few good players. In the Russian national championship, clubs aren't allowed to field more than seven foreign players (out of 11) in a game, which means Russian stars don't really compete with the expensive foreign "legionnaires," as they are known. Clubs need them to fill the quota, and the native players make millions, even if they are no match for their teammates from Europe, Latin America and Africa. 

Capello has been extremely thorough, looking at every eligible player in the national championship. In the latest game, a European championship qualifier against Austria, he suddenly played two youngsters without Premier League experience. It smacked of desperation: Russia lost 0-1. During the 2014 World Cup, Usmanov called Capello the Russian team's best player, adding wryly, "But he can't be on the field." So Russia isn't certain its team will qualify for the European tournament, lagging behind Austria and Sweden.

In the current political climate, tolerating a foreign manager of the national team seems unpatriotic. If he loses, it's an indignity. "Pitiful," Putin's chief of staff Sergei Ivanov muttered to journalists after the Austria game. The big oil money is gone, the economy is in recession, so the RFS has constantly held back Capello's salary. Only Usmanov has allowed the organization to get rid of the arrears.

Starting next season, the cap on the number of foreign players will be lifted on Putin's personal orders, allowing clubs to play as many foreigners as they want in any single game, provided they have no more than 10 on their rosters. That should boost competition, but the change probably comes too late for Capello, or his successor if Usmanov coughs up the severance money, to do anything in time for Euro 2016 and even the 2018 World Cup. Russia has chosen to part ways with the West, but it doesn't have any great ideas about what to do on its own. What's going on with the national soccer team is evidence of this sorry state of affairs.

1]; } ?>