March 28, 2024, 02:18:39 PM

Author Topic: Andre Toussaint Thread  (Read 14900 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Andre Toussaint Thread
« on: April 24, 2005, 06:45:19 AM »
Toussaint double as W Connection wins.
By: Nigel Simon.
[/color]

Andre Toussaint scored his third and fourth goals of the season as VIBE CT 105 W Connection won for the fourth straight time in the T&T Professional Football League Senior Division.
Toussaint got his double in the first half, while Earl Jean and Dwight Scott added second-half goals to help W Connection to a 4-1 victory over United Petrotrin, in their “South Derby” at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella, from 4pm.
It did not take long for the Reynold Carrington coached W Connection to assume the dominant role against the league debutants, as Toussaint opened the scoring in the 12th minute.
The striker gave his team a 2-0 lead going into the interval, when he banged in his second in the 37th minute to join team-mate, Brazilian Gefferson Goulart as the PFL’s leading scorer with four goals.
W Connection continued to dominate on the resumption, but had to wait until the 70th minute for another goal, this time Jean being the scorer.
The “Oilmen” were still recovering from the strike by Jean, when midfielder Dwight Scott headed in the fourth goal in the 74th minute.
Petrotrin’s vice-captain, Larry Mc Donald, made certain that his team got on the score-sheet, when he coolly beat Colombian goalkeeper Alejandro Figueroa from the penalty-spot ,after defender David Atiba Charles was penalised for handling the ball in the 18-yard box.
W Connection moved to 12 points from its our wins, within two of its six-match winning streak in the 1999 campaign, its debut year as a professional club.
At the Hasely Crawford Stadium, former coach Terry Fenwick, who is expected to take over the role as club coach once more, was on hand to see CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh play to a 1-1 draw with Defence Force.
Defence Force who took the lead in the third minute through a left foot shot from team captain Devon Jorsling. Nigel Pierre levelled the scores in the 12th minute.
Defence Force is now second spot with five points, while Jabloteh, without a win after three matches, is fifth with two points.
In today’s match at Shaw Park from 6 pm, Tobago United, who lost both its matches, 4-3 and 3-2, meet Caledonia AIA Fire. Both clubs will be seeking a first success his season.
Jabloteh U-16s in 3-0 win over Defence Force.
By: Nigel Simon.
[/color]

Queen’s Royal College striker Franz Husbands scored a goal in each half, helping CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh to a convincing 3-0 win over Defence Force in the T&T Professional Football League’s Under-16 Division yesterday.
Husbands opened the scoring midway in the first half just before St Mary’s College and national Under-17 midfielder Qian Grovesnor increased the score at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo.
Husbands got the third goal in the second half, sealing the team’s second win from as many matches to keep the San Juan side atop the standings.
Shervon Fredricks was also among the scorers yesterday as he helped himself to three goals for VIBE CT 105 W Connection in a 5-0 drubbing of United Petrotrin at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium in Marabella.
Fredericks got his goals in the 38th, 65th and 80th minutes while Zerronn Forte (34th minute) and Marvin Manswell (51st) added the others for W Connection—one of three clubs with three points each.
Caledonia AIA/Fire got its first win of the series, thanks to two first half goals from Chuvalos George and Jared Bartholomew, in beating Tobago United 2-1.
George netted in the 32nd minute and Jared Bartholomew scored 12 minutes later while Quinton Williams got Tobago’s reply in the 74th minute.
In the Under-18 Division, W Connection and San Juan Jabloteh registered narrow wins to share the lead with four points each.
W Connection edged United Petrotrin 2-1 and Jabloteh eked out a 1-0 win triumph over Defence Force. Tobago United was also in winners’ row, scoring 2-0 over Caledonia AIA Fire.

Yesterday’s PFL Results:

Under-16 Division:

W Connection 5 (Shervon Fredericks 38th, 65th, 80th, Zerronn Forte 30th, Marvin Manswell) vs United Petrotrin 0.

San Juan Jabloteh 3 (Franz Husbands 2, Qian Grovesnor) vs Defence Force 0.

Caledonia AIA Fire 2 (Chuvalos George 32nd, Jared Bartholomew 44th) vs Tobago United 1 (Quniton Williams 74th).

Under-18 Division:

W Connection 2 vs United Petrotrin 1.

San Juan Jabloteh 1 vs Defence Force 0.

Tobago United 2 vs Caledonia AIA Fire 0.

Senior Division:

San Juan Jabloteh 1 (Nigel Pierre 12) vs Defence Force 1 (Devon Jorsling 4).

W Connection 4 (Andre Toussaint 12, 37-pen, Earl Jean 70, Dwight Scott) vs United Petrotrin 1(Larry Mc Donald 90-pen).

« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 05:45:21 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Andre Toussaint nets treble in 7-0 W Connection win.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 06:06:06 AM »
Toussaint nets treble in 7-0 W Connection win.
By: Nigel Simon - Guardian

Andre Toussaint fired in three second-half goals to inspire VIBE CT 105 W Connection to a 7-0 romp over Tobago United for win number six in as many matches in the T&T Professional Football League’s Senior Division at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva yesterday.
Toussaint scored in the 56th, 81st (penalty) and 86th minutes to join clubmate Gefferson Goulart as the league’s top scorer with seven goals each.
St Lucian Earl Jean, the team’s captain added a pair of his own, in the fourth and 59th minutes while midfielder Brenton De Leon (51st minute) and Goulart (85th) were the other scorers for the “Savonetta Boys” who now have maximum 18 points.
The win also equalled the club’s best league start of 1999 —its first year as a professional club.
Caledonia AIA/Fire stayed second on the table with 10 points—thanks to a goal each from Devon Modeste, his third of the season, and Kevin Baptiste to beat United Petrotrin 2-0.
Champion side National Quarries North-East Stars revived its ambitions for a second straight title with a 2-1 win over struggling CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh on the Sangre Grande Recreation Ground in the day’s other match.
Anthony Wolfe got both goals for “Stars “in the first-half, after Jabloteh defender Ansil Elcock had given his team the lead.

Yesterday’s PFL Senior Division results:

W Connection 7 (Andre Toussaint 56th, 81st pen. & 86th, Earl Jean 4th, 59th, Brenton De Leon 51st, Gefferson Goulart 85th) vs Tobago United 0.

North-East Stars 2 (Anton Wolfe 2) vs San Juan Jabloteh 1 (Ansil Elcock).

Caledonia AIA/Fire 2 (Devon Modeste, Kevin Baptiste) vs United Petrotrin 0.

PFL Senior Division leading scorers:

7 — Gefferson Goulart, Andre Toussaint (W Connection).

5 — Earl Jean (W Connection).

3 – Josh Johnson (San Juan Jabloteh), Kennedy Hinkson (United Petrotrin), Devon Modeste (Caledonia AIA/Fire), Anthony Wolfe (North-East Stars).

2 – Noel Williams (Tobago United), Ashford Legerton (Tobago United), Odelle Armstrong (Defence Force).

1 — Kayode Mc Kinnon, Jerren Nixon, Fabian Garcia — (North-East Stars); Dwayne Jack, Michael Bailey- (Tobago United), Angus Eve, Nigel Pierre, Kerry Noray, Ansil Elcock (San Juan Jabloteh), Kendall Davis, Brenton De Leon, David Atiba Charles, Dwight Scott, William Olliviera, Ronaldo Viana (W Connection), Willan Garcia, Larry Mc Donald (United Petrotrin), Titus Elva, Kevin Baptiste (Caledonia AIA/Fire).
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 07:32:37 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
Re: Andre Toussaint nets treble in 7-0 W Connection win.
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 02:06:55 PM »

Toussaint scored in the 56th, 81st (penalty) and 86th minutes to join clubmate Gefferson Goulart as the league’s top scorer with seven goals each.
St Lucian Earl Jean, the team’s captain added a pair of his own, in the fourth and 59th minutes while midfielder Brenton De Leon (51st minute) and Goulart (85th) were the other scorers for the “Savonetta Boys” who now have maximum 18 points.

Early and late goals kill Granno boys. Plenty questions for his defence too - 14 goals conceded in 3 games wow!!

1st half ... 4th min
2nd half ... 51st, 56th, 59th (3 in 9 min), 81st, 85th, 86th (3 in 5 min)

Live large and prosper!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Andre Toussaint nets treble in 7-0 W Connection win.
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 03:36:32 PM »
how much foreign player are on the field at once for connection.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Andre Toussaint Thread
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 07:06:13 PM »
Villa vs The Pros W Connection Striker—Andre Toussaint.
By: Joel Villafana.
[/color]

Villa—Andre what went wrong for W Connection in the Pro Bowl final?

Andre—Jabloteh came to play us overly aggressive and I thought they did not come to play football—they came to be aggressive and that threw us off our game—but overall I found we handled their tactics well. It was just hard for us to settle down and play.

Villa—Andre you are among the top goal scorers in the league so far this season—Are you happy with your form?

Andre—Yes I am very happy—the coaches have worked hard with me and its now bearing fruit—most importantly I have been training hard—it’s all about commitment to the football.

Villa
—What does it mean for you to be part of the W Connection football club?

Andre
—Trinidadian footballers have a lot of talent and clubs like W Connection give us an opportunity to express our talent in a professional manner.

Villa
—W Connection have dominated the league so far, despite losing the Pro Bowl—What do you think is responsible for this domination?

Andre—We started training even before the pre-season started—and we came together as a team and made a commitment to go out and give of our best and I feel its because of our preparation we are out in front in the league.

Villa
—Have you always wanted to play football Andre—Or were you interested in other sports?

Andre
—No, football was always my game—I just love football, and I never really had interest in playing any other sports.

Villa
—If you were not playing football professionally—What do you think you would be doing?

Andre—Well I probably would try to look for a job at the LNG plant in Point Fortin—but I am really glad for the opportunity to play football professionally.

Villa—Have you always wanted to be a striker Andre?

Andre—Yes always—I know my ability in scoring and setting up goals—So yes I always wanted to be a forward.

Villa—What do you think is the strongest aspect of your game?

Andre—My first touch—I can control the ball when it comes to me from any direction and I love to set up plays.

Villa—And what do you think is the weakest aspect of your game—an aspect you need to work on?

Andre—My strength—I need to do a little more gym work and put on some size, so I won’t be bounced off the ball regularly.

Villa—Despite W Connection’s dominance—Who do you believe is connection’s biggest threat?

Andre—Our biggest threat—To tell you the truth, the hardest game I played this season was against Caledonia AIA Fire—I feel Fire is our biggest threat.

Villa—Andre you are a young man, just 23 years of age—where do you see yourself in the next 5 years, in terms of your career?

Andre—I will like to be in Europe playing professionally.

Villa—How do you feel to be part of a local football club with so many foreign players?

Andre—I have no problem with that—sometimes I feel like the foreigner. At Connection we are like a family and everyone needs to continue proving themselves.

Villa—Have you benefited from playing with the Brazilians at Connection?

Andre—Yes definitely—I love their style.

Villa—Tell me a little bit about your recent trail at English Division 1 side Oldham Athletic?

Andre—It was a really good experience—It was the first time I was on a trial in Europe and I enjoyed it—it was very difficult though—it is not easy out there—you have no real friends.

Villa—Which player do you admire the most in the Pro League?

Andre—I really admire Caledonia AIA Fire’s Densill Theobald.

Villa—Which International player do you admire the most?

Andre—Manchester United’s Ruud Van Nistleroy is my player.

Villa—you had a training stint under new head coach Leo Beenhakker—What were your thoughts?

Andre—I found it was very good—I think I did well in the sessions—but to tell you the truth—I was disappointed at not being called up again.

Villa—So you were surprised at being left out of the first cut?

Andre—Yes, I was very surprised, even disappointed—I thought I did well enough to deserve another chance, not just because I am one of the league’s top goal scorers, but I thought I did not get a fair chance to show what I really had to offer.

Villa What do you think are the national team’s chances of qualifying for World Cup 2006 in Germany?

Andre—I feel we can qualify—once we get together, everybody as one—supporters, players and administrators—Yes I feel we can do it.

Villa—What would you say is the best moment in your career so far?

Andre—It was back in school days—The 1998 Intercol Final playing for St. Benedicts against Princess Town—I came on and scored a double.

Villa—What’s the moment you will like to forget?

Andre—It was last year playing against Jabloteh—I had a horrible game, despite we won 2-0.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 05:43:11 AM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Andre Toussaint does double as Connection wins.
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2005, 05:57:02 AM »
Andre Boucaud can be a star.
Peterborough Today.
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago international midfield maestro Andre Boucaud has been tipped for big things in League Two. The enigmatic 20 year-old is set for a first-team starting place in the League Two opener against Chester at London Road on Saturday, providing he recovers from an ankle injury.
Posh boss Mark Wright confirmed that Boucaud would have started last weekend's friendly against Birmingham when the likely first choice XI played for the first hour of the game.
Wright said: "Andre is a very good player going forward with the ball at his feet. There are some issues with his defensive work, but we've been working on him and I think he's taking what we want from him on board.
"He suffered an ankle injury out of the blue in training last week when we were just doing some crossing and shooting which was a shame because he would have played against Birmingham.
"Andre is one of a few injury problems we have at the moment, but he is the most likely of them to be fit for the Chester match. "He didn't play much in the first team last season, but he has ability and I expect him to be a big player this year." Boucaud started just 15 first-team games last season for Peterborough United, scoring one goal in a 4-0 win over Port Vale.
Rahim on trial at Vale, Edwards still injured.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Midfielder Brent Rahim has gone on trial at English League One side Port Vale.
The former Levski Sofia man joined the team of countrymen Chris Birchall and Hector Sam there last week after spending some time at American MLS side LA Galaxy last month, shortly after T&T's CONCACAF Gold Cup campaign.
Rahim played the entire match of Port Vale's preseason encounter with Newcastle Town last week and is hoping to come up with something from the club, even though admitting that he has not received positive feedback so far. This being because of the club's roster being filled for the start of the coming season.
"I'm trying to see how best things might work out here but the manager has already said that his team is filled. They have asked me to stay on and play a couple more games so I'll see how things happen over the next week or so," Rahim told TTFF Media on Tuesday.
Meantime, it appears that midfielder Carlos Edwards is still not fully recovered from his thigh strain and remains doubtful for the upcoming World Cup qualifier against the United States.
And defender Brent Sancho played another 90 in a closed door match for Kilmarnock, his third full appearance since coming off the hamstring strain. Sancho netted in the match against one of Scotland's giant clubs. "It looks better this time around but there are also a couple options available to me. Hopefully I'll be contracted to a club within a short period," Sancho said.
Kerry Noray strike Jabloteh to win.
By: Flex Mohammed.

San Juan Jabloteh scored a 1-0 victory over Caledonia AIA Fire yesterday at the Larry Gomes Stadium to move to 20 points, 10 behind leaders W Connection. Kerry Noray strike was enough for the 2005 Pro-Bowl champs to hold on for the win. It was also reported by SW Online member "Solo" that National coach Leo Beenhakker was present at the match also there was former Dundee United striker Jason Scotland, full details to follow.
News from the 01st of August 2005.
Andre Toussaint does double as Connection wins.
By Nigel Simon (Guardian).
[/size]

Andre Toussaint scored on either side of the half, as VIBE CT 105 W Connection rolled over Defence Force 4-0, to maintain its lead in the T&T Professional Football League Senior Division.
The one-month break in play due to T&T’s involvement in the Concacaf Gold Cup in the USA, did not affect the sharpness of the “Savonetta Boys,” who took the lead through Brazilian Gefferson Goulart in the eight minute at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva, on Saturday night.
Toussaint made it 2-0 three minutes later, which the Reynold Carrington coached club took into the interval.
Earl Jean made it 3-0 in the 60th minute and Toussaint got his double in the 68th minute to join team-mates Jean, captain, and Goulart as the league’s top scorers with nine goals each.
Earlier on Saturday, second placed CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh won its sixth straight match in the league and Bowl competition, beating United Petrotrin at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella.
National midfielder Aurtis Whitley (21st), Nigel Codrington (39th), Kerry Noray (79th) scored for Jabloteh, who now has 17 points with two matches in hand.
Titus Elva and Abdullah Phillip got the goals as Caledonia AIA Fire beat defending champions National Quarries North-East Stars 2-0 on the Sangre Grande Recreation Ground.
Elva opened the scoring in the 37th minute and Phillip followed in the 60th minute. AIA/Fire now has 15 points from nine matches.
Stars, who ended the match with 10 players after the expuslion of midfielder Glenton Wolfe in the 71st minute by referee Richard Piper, has 12 points.
Tomorrow, Jabloteh and AIA/Fire will have a chance to reduced W Connection’s huge lead when they meet at the Larry Gomes Stadium, Malabar, from 7pm in a re-scheduled match.

Saturday’s PFL Senior Division results:

W Connection 4 (Andre Toussaint 11th, 68th, Gefferson Goulart 8th, Earl Jean 60th) vs Defence Force 0.

Caledonia AIA Fire 2 (Titus Elva 37th, Abdullah Phillip 60th) vs North East Stars 0.

San Juan Jabloteh 3 (Aurtis Whitley 21st, Nigel Codrington 39th, Kerry Noray 79th) vs United Petrotrin 0.
Kenwyne Jones aims to be the man.
By: Graham Hiley.

Kenwyne Jones is aiming to show Harry Redknapp he does not need to splash out on a new striker.
The Saints boss has made it clear he would still like to bring in a new frontman ahead of the new campaign.
But after hitting a hat-trick in the 3-2 win against Anderlecht on Saturday, Jones is desperate to show he can be the main man up front this season.
And he is more than ready to fight for his place against any new man the manager might bring in. He said: "We do need to get some more players in because the squad is a bit thin now.
"It does not matter to me whether or not the manager brings in a striker because competition for places is good for any team.
"It was not good to lose the strikers we have done and we will miss them. But we have to move on and it could be an opportunity for me to get in."
The Trinidad and Tobago international has already proved he can handle the Coca-Cola Championship while on loan at Stoke last season and he is supremely confident he can play a starring role for Saints.
He added: "I scored goals on loan for Stoke and sheffield Wednesday last season and I am confident I can carry on.
"Those loan spells did me good and prepared me for this stage and hopefully this will be a big season for me and for Southampton.
"I know from last season that the Championship is a tough league and any team is capable of beating anyone else so we have to get our heads down and work hard to succeed.
"It was good for me to get off to a good start with those goals against Anderlecht and it will give my confidence a boost.
"Confidence is a big thing for a striker. When you feel good then it seems everything you hit goes in."
Jones missed much of pre-season away on international duty with Trinidad and Tobago but he has made a big impact in the 10 days since his return.
He said: "I did not really get a vacation this summer because I was playing games but that has kept me in the groove.
"I have had some training over the past two weeks and it is always good to be playing games."
When he signed Jones was something of a utility player, listed as a midfielder but equally at home in defence.
However he is now firmly settled as a striker after being pushed into attack by Steve Wigley who was the driving force behind the decision to sign the 20-year-old.
Wigley, then director of youth, went out on a limb to ensure the young talent was brought in for a nominal fee from W Connection.
Jones said: "It was always thought I was a defender or a midfielder but I used to play up front when I was at school. "I played as a striker in a training game soon after I got here and scored four goals and I have been used in attack ever since."
Kilmarnock gives Brent Sancho a trial.
By: Flex Mohammed.

Scottish Premiership club Kilmarnock have taken former Dundee defender Brent Sancho on trial. Sancho, 28, was released by the Dens Park club this summer as part of a cull following the club's relegation to the Bell's First Division. Kilmarnock Manager Jim Jefferies moved quickly after Saturday's 4-2 defeat at the hands of Hearts to bring in two experienced central defenders on trial with one being none other than Trinidad and Tobago international defender Brent Sancho who, is expected to play in a practice match against an SPL opposition on Tuesday night. Just last week both Brent Sancho and keeper Kelvin Jack were unable to secure a contract with English team Brighton FC. Jack returned to his Dundee team and was also in their starting line up in yesterday's 2-0 win over East Stirling in a Scottish League Challenge Cup, while Sancho also decided to head back to Scotland as well and will now seek a contract with Kilmarnock. Should "Killie" as the club is known by many fans, decides to sign Brent he will become the 3rd "current" T&T player to play his trade in the Scottish Premiership League "this season" with Marvin Andrews at Glasgow Rangers and Collin Samuel with Dundee United.
Meanwhile, Port Vale, the club of T&T's Chris Birchall and Hector Sam has given midfielder Brent Rahim a trial and he is expected to play in a pre-season game for Vale tonight. The ex-Falkirk player is also coming off a trial-spell with MLS team LA Galaxy in the U.S. Pro-League.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 03:30:38 PM by Flex »

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Good luck meh boy Kenwyne!
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 10:36:08 AM »
   I know that you can be "the man" upfront. Good luck to you and I really hope that Ben up Hacker can see your true potential since other than Glen we have no other forward with potential (with Yorke playing just behind).

Wish you all the best.

J.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power."

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Toussaint fired up with national re-call
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 09:38:35 PM »
Toussaint fired up with national re-call

Vibe CT 105 W Connections Andre Toussaint is all geared up to don the national colours after being called up by national head coach Wim Rijsbergen for Trinidad and Tobagos two friendly internationals against Nicaragua and Panama.

The soft-spoken striker made a major impact in Fridays First Citizens Cup final against North East Stars at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium, scoring an item and setting up another that gave the Savonetta Boys a 3-1 win in the process.

"I think I was outstanding in the last few games that I played for Connection," said Toussiant, "And I believed the re-call to the national team was well-deserved, I am hoping to give a good account of my self."

Toussaint, who was not considered for the 2006 World Cup by former coach Leo Beenhakker, said his absence from the T&T squad did not stop him from giving his all.

"After not getting the nod of approval during Beenhakkers time, I started to work harder to make the next World Cup team.

"I have a burning desire to be a part of the next qualification campaign that could hopefully make it to South Africa in 2010."

Touching on his performance in the First Citizens Cup final, for which he received the MVP award, Toussaint said it was an unforgettable moment.

"I feel really proud, I feel Im the type of player that can create and score goals. Although I scored in the last few games that I played, I did not create chances to get my team-mates on the score sheet.

"So by doing that in a final made my coach Stuart Charles-Fevrier proud as well."

The 25-year-old striker is determined to go all the way this time around, "There is no turning back from this point," I put in two hours on a daily basis half-an-hour is dedicated towards gym work, another 30 minutes for running and one hour on ball work."

Toussaint gave the assurance that he wasnt the type to become easily carried away by his achievements thus far.

Some of his accomplishments include being voted MVP for the 2002 season of the T&T Professional Football League, plus "Footballer of the Year" for Joe Public in the same year.

"I put God first in everything that I do. My family background is church-oriented and they always pray for me. And it is always important to work hard and go for what you want to achieve."

"Dont look back and dont put down your head if youre down and out, just keep on trying and everything will be there for you," said the down-to-earth striker.

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Toussaint fired up with national re-call
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 01:41:25 PM »

The soft-spoken striker made a major impact in Fridays First Citizens Cup final against North East Stars at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium, scoring an item and setting up another that gave the Savonetta Boys a 3-1 win in the process.

Back home u does call a goal an item?

"Dont look back and dont put down your head if youre down and out, just keep on trying and everything will be there for you," said the down-to-earth striker.

Well said.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Andre Toussaint Thread
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 02:51:01 PM »
Charleston Battery signs forward Andre Toussaint
http://www.charlestonbattery.com/matches_previews.asp?cid=325

The Charleston Battery has agreed to terms with Trinidad and Tobago national team forward Andre Toussaint. Toussaint 5-9, 160 lbs, 25 yrs., joins the Battery on loan from Trinidad and Tobago side W Connection through the end of the USL First Division season.

Toussaint is a current member of the Trinidad and Tobago national team and featured in every game for the Soca Warriors in the recent CONCACAF Gold Cup. Toussaint has scored 6 goals for Trinidad and Tobago in 17 games played.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 05:42:35 AM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Impressive debut for Andre Toussaint.
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2007, 07:59:58 AM »
Impressive debut for Andre Toussaint.
By: Andrew Miller (Post & Courier).
[/size]

Charleston coach Mike Anhaeuser thought that striker Andre Toussaint would have an immediate impact on the Battery's attack. He was right.
Toussaint scored a goal and added an assist in his Battery debut to lead Charleston past Miami FC, 3-0, Tuesday night before a crowd of 3,198 at Blackbaud Stadium.
The Battery, which is 6-0-2 in its last eight home games, improved to 7-8-5 (26 points) and moved into a tie for eighth place with Atlanta in the USL First Division with eight regular -season games left. Miami FC dropped to 8-11-3 (27 points).
Charleston signed Toussaint just three days ago. The Trinidad and Tobago national team striker had just two days of training before entering the game at the start of the second half. Despite his limited amount of practice time, Toussaint had little trouble connecting with his new teammates.
"Andre was fantastic, you can't ask for anything better than what he did for us tonight," Anhaeuser said. "He had only two days of training, so I didn't want to start him, but I wanted to get him on the field. He had a great assist and a great goal. He has great awareness on the field and he can shoot with both feet. He obviously brings a bit of quality for us up front."
Toussaint, who has six goals in 17 games with the Trinidad & Tobago national team, displayed all of his offensive skills against Miami.
"I wasn't nervous at all," he said. "Soccer is soccer. It doesn't matter where you're playing. I felt good out there. I was pretty comfortable. I was happy to score, but even happier we got a win."
Miami generated 11 shots on goal, but only a couple of quality scoring chances. It was the second straight shutout for the Battery and the sixth for Charleston keeper Dusty Hudock this season.
"I think we've been a little more organized the last two games," said Hudock, who made three saves on the night. "I think we've held our shape a little bit better than we have lately. We've kept our shape and that's what limits scoring chances. We had a 10-minute spell in the first half where we were diving in and they started to get chances. But after that we played honest defense, we held our shape, and made it tough for them to get anything on us."
It took less than four minutes for the Battery to get on the scoreboard on Jordan Hughes' first goal of the season.
Midfielder Lazo Alavanja got the ball at the top of the 18-yard box. The former Indiana star chipped the ball to Hughes, who eluded two Miami defenders inside the box and curled the ball past keeper Pat Hannigan. "Great goal by Jordan," Anhaeuser said. "He worked hard to get that one and had a great finish. He deserved to score."
Charleston pushed its advantage to 2-0 on Aaron King's goal in the 68th minute. Midfielder Stephen Armstrong played the ball into Toussaint. Toussaint pivoted to his right, raced past a Miami defender and slid the ball to a wide-open King, who easily finished for the score. "I saw Aaron the whole way," Toussaint said. "They gave me some room and I found Aaron on the other side of the defender. He made a good shot."
Charleston extended its lead to 3-0 on Toussaint's goal in the 88th minute. King set it up, getting the ball just outside the 18-yard box and heeling it to Toussaint, who blasted a shot past Hannigan. The Battery travels to Atlanta Saturday August 4, before facing MLS Dallas F.C. in the quarterfinal fixture of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup August 7 at Blackbaud Stadium.

Header.

--Charleston midfielder Ian Fuller (hamstring) was the only Battery not available because of injury. Fuller, who missed six weeks with a pulled hamstring, re-injured his leg against Portland on July 22.

--Defender Kevin Nylen made his second consecutive start after missing the first 19 games of the season with a broken foot.

--Former Battery striker Ben Hollingsworth was in attendance Tuesday. He scored 14 goals for the Battery during the 2006 season. Hollingsworth is still recovering from a broken foot he suffered at the end of last season.

Battery 3 v Miami FC 0

Referee: Joe Caroccio
Assistant Referees: Alan Schechtman, Bob Wern
Attendance: 3,198
Weather: Clear 90
Blackbaud Player of the Game: Andre Toussaint

Scoring Summary Goal (Assist) Minute

Charleston Battery Hughes (Alavanja) 3
Charleston Battery King (Toussaint) 67
Charleston Battery Toussaint (King) 88

Players: - Dusty Hudock, Louie Rolko, Tim Karalexis, Kevin Nylen, Chris Corcoran, Luke Vercollone, Lazo Alavanja, Gordon Chin, Stephen Armstrong (Mike Richardson 80), Jordan Hughes (Andre Toussaint 45th), Byron Alvarez (Aaron King 54th).

« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 08:06:10 AM by Flex »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Impressive debut for Andre Toussaint.
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2007, 08:48:03 AM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 09:07:51 AM »
That's my boy....keep working hard son you will move up.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2007, 10:05:42 AM »
Toussaint v Shaka (if shaka get to play)

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2007, 10:09:46 AM »
he's wasting it playing in that league. Hes good enough to be at least mls.
Hart for president

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2007, 10:22:32 AM »
oh gorm well wait nuh how u hurry so...?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2007, 12:47:48 PM »
he's wasting it playing in that league. Hes good enough to be at least mls.

so make ah few calls an fixup nahman   ;)  or he should pack he bags an hop ah maxi an go ....decisions, decisions  ::)

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2007, 01:59:39 PM »
ah juss sayin...
Hart for president

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2007, 06:25:31 PM »
I doh normally go to see atlanta play but three trinis on those teams i feel i go take it in.........

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Andre Toussaint vs Atlanta Silverbacks last night........
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2007, 10:44:59 AM »
First of all I wanted to see what the hype was with this man I know alot of men rate him and such plus he went to my old alma mater (Benedicts) so I was eager to see him play not too mention I played against his brother georgie tousaint who was a holy terror. So the game ended 2-1 in favor of the silverbacks pretty decent game my man of the match was a tall skiiny african boy from senegal playing the right midfield for Silverbacks...........I havent seen Ronaldos and stepovers from a tall player like that in a long time he had me and meh boy Fordie bawlin...he absolutely owned the left back for Charlston..........Anyway onto Andre......kinda small but impressive first touch he held off three men quite easily and considering them men was biting it was nice to see because he's a little small...he turns nice and such the youth have touches....now here comes the but....his intensity was lacking...at times he seems uniterested , wouldnt move for the ball alot and only played if the ball came to his feet....in fairness to him it was only his second game in the a league might be a bit early to judge him but Jan once tell me a player is as good as his last game.......The hype men compare him to Latas....lol .....madnesss.....cmon now....Andre looked ordinary ....and if he dont step up his level thoughts of MLS and the english league are only thoughts .....based on what I saw last night this might be the highest level he gets too. Extra bits of thoughts Wolfe is no longer with the Silverbacks ....and barrow didnt get to play last night...There is some things going on with that organisation that are very very bad ....unfortunately this is what I had said earlier on and it has come to fruition...there are some sketchy details about the manner in which the coach was handling affairs down there but it'sot someting I'm going to go into on this site....but in truth Wolfe is better off not playing for that organisation as is Barrow as I told him last night.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 10:46:49 AM by Ngozi »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Andre Toussaint vs Atlanta Silverbacks last night........
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2007, 01:11:24 PM »
Give him time, he is no Latas and will never be, but he is a decent player. Once he play outside T&T he will become better.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Andre Toussaint vs Atlanta Silverbacks last night........
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2007, 04:07:09 PM »
I'll give him time....it's just I'm concerned because as trinis in this league up here they dont give yuh a break yuh have to be double what is out there just to be on n even footing....they will give props to any other foreigners but trinis need to be on pint else they go say we too laid back and this and that....so i want him to be ready to deal with the intensity and rip them .....anyone could see he have touches last night but touches doh win yuh friends in this league goals and assists does and he actually had the assist for the goal last night

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Toussaint liberates Warrior faithful
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2008, 07:42:10 AM »
Toussaint liberates Warrior faithful
By Lasana Liburd (Trinidad Express)

Trinidad and Tobago place a high premium on entertainment. The country of calypso and Carnival loves a good party.

There may be several reasons for repeated low attendances at international fixtures but, almost certainly, the lack of artistry from the "Soca Warriors" has played a part in a romance that has grown stale between national footballers and supporters.

Dutchman Leo Beenhakker's workmanlike outfit was the most successful in T&T's history, but it was a relationship of convenience. The class of 2006 took its supporters to the World Cup and was loved for it.

Everald "Gally" Cummings' "Strike Squad" was adored just for showing up. The cheek of Russell Latapy, athleticism of Leonson Lewis, mystique of Brian Williams, swagger of Dexter Francis and calm leadership of Clayton Morris touched a chord that meant more than just three points.

It might be too cynical to state that national supporters merely turn up because of patriotic duty these days. But the levels of antipication attached to a trip to the match venue are surely lowered.

Yet, there were times in Friday night's Digicel Caribbean Cup fixture when spectators sat up and idle chatter died. Almost exclusively, it was when Andre Toussaint had possession of the ball.

Trinidad and Tobago won 3-1 against St Kitts, by the way, but that was incidental. Local fans should expect no less against an average team in a competition of such significance that Dwight Yorke played less than a handful of Caribbean Cup games in his 20-year career.

But Toussaint's appeal had nothing to do with his opponents. There was something in the way the W. Connection striker cradled the ball that would make football lovers blush. His balance and poise seemed reminiscent of a buoy, which is advantageous as the Trinidad and Tobago midfield often looks at sea.

Captain Aurtis Whitley has just returned from injury and would presumably need a few more games to regain his aura, while 35-year-old Arnold Dwarika is tidy on the ball but no longer has the change of speed to scare defenders and teenager Khaleem Hyland is essentially a bouncer-albeit one with delightfully quick feet.

It leaves Keon Daniel and Toussaint to provide the bit of flair that locals crave. The former has a bright future ahead. He is left-footed, technically sound and a clever passer.

But Toussaint, who, at 27, is six years older than Daniel, is more polished in his trade. His body language offers an air of serenity and, even at full pace, he never appears hurried.

Of course from a functional viewpoint, Toussaint is expendable. In coach Francisco Maturana's crowded frontline, Toussaint lacks Cornell Glen's searing pace, Jason Scotland's strength, Kenwyne Jones' aerial prowess and Stern John's menace.

Toussaint's 28 international appearances so far yielded an average five goals, while Daniel, from midfield, has six items from 22 outings.

Perhaps he could be more ruthless within the offensive third of the field. Maybe he should charge the penalty box more or be more selfish.

But, on Friday, Toussaint's selfless link up play and movement made the Warriors a better passing team and a more watchable one.

Maturana's motive for using him might be selfish-his job is to win games not pander to the public-but at least one observer was pleased with his inclusion.

Late Argentine poet Jorge Luis Borges was once asked to defend the value of his craft.

"What is a sunshine for?" Borges asked his interviewer. "What are caresses for? What is the smell of coffee for?"

Intuitively, Trinidad and Tobago football fans agree. If not, Latapy would not be hailed as the country's greatest player.

Toussaint is no Latapy but, in these artistically impoverished times, he will do just fine.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 07:58:51 PM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Toussaint liberates Warrior faithful
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2008, 08:49:34 AM »
Very good stuff Lasana.

I personally see the value of Toussaint even though it seems fashionable to deride him here on this MB.
One thing he Toussaint could do is just do more work on his build and do some maybe heavier training to allow him to run and hustle to get the ball more when we lose it.
Because of this conflict in his roles, he is mistakenly being called a striker when he is clearly an attacking, box teasing, shifty midfielder with beautiful ball control (who does score) but who seems a bit of a liability for defensive issues (T&T's weakness) an issue which become magnified when our true defensive midfield men and defense are weaker.

But the punch line is that overall he is needed and good
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 08:55:19 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2008, 10:30:10 AM »
Lyrics! Lasana , Lyrics!  :thumbsup:
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2008, 10:54:44 AM »
I eh sure bout this assesment of Toussaint... not from the same matches i watched...but thats how it goes
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2008, 01:09:00 PM »
I eh sure bout this assesment of Toussaint... not from the same matches i watched...but thats how it goes

I have always said that toussaint is no striker.  He is a good passer of the ball. 

This assessment of Toussaint is interesting.  I dont see it either, but i will say that he adds value to the team, but not so much as to write an article in de express bout it!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2008, 01:34:04 PM »
This assessment of Toussaint is interesting.  I dont see it either, but i will say that he adds value to the team, but not so much as to write an article in de express bout it!!

ah love it!!

Dat come like writin a article in de express cheerleadin fuh Brent Sancho to be included on de National team ent?  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2008, 04:29:44 PM »

I have always said that toussaint is no striker.  He is a good passer of the ball. 

ah love it!!
     Andre all yu mad or what,that man is and expert on Football,he could say anything and it's alright.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2008, 05:18:40 PM »
lasana and toussaint related?
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

1]; } ?>