March 28, 2024, 02:18:21 AM

Author Topic: Andre Toussaint Thread  (Read 14897 times)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Toussaint liberates Warrior faithful
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2008, 05:57:16 PM »
Good write up.

I think Andre Toussaint is a very good passer of the ball, maybe under the strikers he can ad value to the team. He also have so deaf touches.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2008, 06:35:52 PM »
In the last Gold Cup he was our best player. I do think he is being misused as a striker. His role should be more like Latapy's. He can make a contribution. I hope they keep him in the training squad where he can be an understudy to Latas.
TnT Patriot

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2008, 06:44:24 PM »
He also have so deaf touches.

Nobody does hear him when he have de ball?  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2008, 07:21:17 PM »
He also have so deaf touches.

Nobody does hear him when he have de ball?  ;D

ease up on de man nah...yuh know wha he mean ;D

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2008, 08:40:05 PM »
I saw Toussaint when he was younger at the COE. He came on as a sub and teamed up with Dwarika and Eve or Wise someone ah them. When Toussaint collect the ball W-Connection had to scramble, while they were relaxed all the time Dwarika and the other one playing. The fella was amazing to watch, he was flying. In the National set up he was never catered to, so he had to do what he can. If a system of play is designed for him he will produce, but we cannot to this cause we do not have the mids with the quality to assist in making such a system of play effective.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2008, 10:06:14 PM »
I eagerly await his analysis of d tata he play 2nite
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2008, 06:48:13 AM »
After what i see at the MLS yesterday, I am sure lisana wish that he could just go back in time and remove that article from the express!!

lol
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2008, 07:42:54 AM »
Yep he go have 2 b creative 2 spin y Toussaint continues 2 b d man
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2008, 08:23:59 AM »
 In my opinion Andre Toussaint has always been a good player and a player that could help the team. However I think he needs to work harder at defending and tracking back. His touch is sublime, he has quick feet,  great passer, good vision and can link up with other players well. Another issue is his position, if he can play midfield and put in the work it would help his value. Although playing further up the pitch may suit him with his club team I feel he better off as a midfielder(if only he would run more!)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Toussaint: India won't be pushovers.
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2011, 07:42:15 AM »
Toussaint: India won't be pushovers.
T&T Express Reports.

Trinidad and Tobago striker Andre Toussaint says the national team will be aiming to produce a tidy as possible performance in Sunday's friendly international against India at the Hasely Crawford Stadium from 5 p.m.

Toussaint is one of the senior members in Otto Pfister's T&T squad, which has been in training for the past few weeks.

Toussaint was a member of the last national team to participate in a CONCACAF Gold Cup back in 2007 and was part of the team during the 2010 World Cup Qualifiers.

One of his noted moments included a neat combination with Dwight Yorke in the build-up to Keon Daniel's brilliant strike in 1-1 draw with Guatemala at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

"At this present time we are working to get things right for the game against India. We haven't played a game since the coach arrived here so it's an occasion everyone is looking forward to," Toussaint told Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) media officer Shaun Fuentes yesterday.

"We have to be careful also because we haven't played before with this current team so we may not be at our sharpest in terms of the chemistry, but we will definitely be aiming to put on the best performance possible. And India may be better and more popular in cricket but I'm sure they will be worked up for the match and will be capable of doing well.

"The coach has been paying close attention to the local players because he wants to bring us up to a certain level," added the former US-based Charleston Battery and W Connection striker.

"I am not certain of being in the team and I know I have to work hard and prove myself because the striking department is a tough one. We have some good players in that position so I can only do my part by working hard and let the coach do his job with the final selection."

Toussaint is contracted to Joe Public but will not run out for them in the upcoming T&T Pro League season following the club's withdrawal last week.

"It's a bit of a blow but I will be looking to see what is the best possible option for me leading up to the start of the League," he added.

The Eastern Lions have retained national players Hayden Tino, Andre Toussaint, goalkeeper Marvin Phillip and Carlyle Mitchell, who will go to strengthen their National Super League team.

Meanwhile, Pfister conducted a 90-minute session at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium in Marabella on Monday morning and welcomed back ex-Holland-based striker Darryl Roberts to the squad after the player had been on trial in the USA with Portland Timbers.

The Indian team will arrive in Port of Spain on Wednesday evening.

Pfister's next session will be on Thursday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium and the team will go into camp at the Crowne Plaza the same day.

ON THE BALL: Trinidad and Tobago record goal-scorer Stern John, right, tries to get past midfielder Densill Theobald, second from left, while Hayden Tinto, left, and Anthony Wolfe look on yesterday during a training session at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella. T&T are preparing for Sunday's friendly international against India at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port of Spain. –Photo: DEXTER PHILIP
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 07:45:15 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Toussaint: India won't be pushovers.
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2011, 07:46:23 AM »
well funded team playing for a while now... India will be tough  :beermug:

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2011, 10:58:10 AM »
Well it looks like Roberts/ Stern as the combo up front with Toussaint coming off the bench.
 Good fire power up front

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2011, 12:14:26 PM »
Somewhere in the Indian camp, one of their players might be saying in an interview "T&T will not be pushovers"...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2011, 01:00:38 PM »
Somewhere in the Indian camp, one of their players might be saying in an interview "T&T will not be pushovers"...

I was thinking the same thing.............who really is de underdog here? lol.

An all local TT side against a full strength Indian national team, hmmmmmmm
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2011, 04:06:15 PM »

I was thinking the same thing.............who really is de underdog here? lol.

An all local TT side against a full strength Indian national team, hmmmmmmm

I feel them Indian players should do the “screw the light bulb” dance to celebrate whenever they score on we!

What do you guys think?!

If only Camps and dem knew which day we playing we could at least confirm the day of this match so that at least two ah we could plan to attend the game so we could try to match the support that the visiting team going to get!!  :-\

Right now we might as well say advantage India cause at least them already know the date they playing us!!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2011, 04:12:40 PM »
One thing i could say, that defense look weak as day old fowl. imagine seon power and keston williams on the same team.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2011, 07:19:05 PM »
One thing i could say, that defense look weak as day old fowl. imagine seon power and keston williams on the same team.
It looks like we have to go true this whole stupid weeding out process once again ,by the time coach realize these players flatter to deceive ,we maybe in deep water .All we need now is Akile Edwards.   

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2011, 07:27:48 PM »

truth be told, keston is not a bad defender and has potential to do well

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Andre Toussaint Thread
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2012, 05:32:11 PM »
Toussaint returns to League joining T&TEC
ttproleague.com

T&TEC FC continues to bolster its roster with striker Andre Toussaint and defender Kareem Smith the latest December/January transfer window additions following the signings of Kerry Baptiste, goalkeeper Marvin Phillip and T&T U23 player Jayson Joseph.

The 30 year old Toussaint joins from Joe Public with his most recent accomplishments, the 2011 Super League and Knockout titles.

Toussaint who also had an illustrious spell with W Connection also had a short spell with Charleston Battery in the USL.

Meantime former United Petrotrin and St. Ann’s Rangers defender Smith, joins the Dexter Cyrus coached T&TEC with his last known club Puerto Rico’s FC Leones.

Other notable transfers include W Connection’s Andre Marchan on loan to DIRECTV North East Stars , Trent Noel joined Police FC and San Juan Jabloteh’s Hector Sam joining St. Ann’s Rangers building the interests of this weekend’s Digicel Pro League Round Two Match Day Four card.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 05:42:12 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
‘Legend’ Andre Toussaint returns to W Connection
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2015, 03:33:57 PM »
‘Legend’ Andre Toussaint returns to W Connection
ttproleague.com

Andre Toussaint has returned to W Connection and the former Trinidad and Tobago international is part of a cache of talented signings by head coach Stuart Charles Fevrier for the 2015/2016 TT Pro League season.

The 34-year-old crafty attacking midfielder, with an impeccable first touch, had represented his home town club Point Fortin Civic in the last two seasons following stints at the now defunct T&TEC FC and Morvant Caledonia United but opted to return to his ex-employers this season. 

Toussaint, who has won Pro League championship medals with W Connection and Joe Public, represented the “Savonetta Boys” between 2004 and 2009, only interrupted by a brief stint at United Soccer Leagues (USL) side Charleston Battery in 2007.

“We (W Connection) think he (Toussaint) has unfinished business at our club,” expressed W Connection assistant coach Earl "Ball Hog" Jean.

Jean, a former teammate of Toussaint at Connection, added, “He is a legend at the club. He has a lot of quality and the right temperament on the field. We believe it is great having him back. We want an experienced player such as Toussaint for our younger players to feed off. Our current players are happy they now have someone who can change the game; a player to give them the edge. That’s a lot of confidence.”

Connection have also acquired the services of Trinidad and Tobago Under-23 duo Dwight Quintero, 21, and Kevon Goddard, 19, who joined the “Savonetta Boys” from Couva rivals Central FC.

Commenting on the acquisition of forward Quintero, Jean, a former St. Lucia and Connection striker, said, “We have always liked Quintero. I think he has a bright future once he listens and accepts what we have to teach him at Connection. He still has to grow in confidence but he is a player that can do well for Trinidad (and Tobago) in the near future.”

Other new Connection signings include 19-year-olds Jamal Charles, a Grenada international forward, and Briel Thomas, a midfielder out of Dominica; along with 20-year-olds Jhonathan Gherherdt, a Brazilian forward, and Trinidadian midfielder Kion Joseph, who made the move from North East Stars. While 16-year-old midfielder Keston Julien has been promoted from the Connection youth system.

Fevrier’s squad, inclusive of the newcomers, stands a very youthful outfit, six of which are 18-year-olds and 22 from 27 players within the 23-and-under age group. The longstanding W Connection coach is also evaluating a couple more teenagers who are on trial with the Couva based club.

“The players all have a great opportunity here at Connection,” continued Jean, who in his 19 years of playing professional football, had represented clubs in Portugal, England, Scotland, China and T&T. “Once they can take in what is taught here [at Connection], they can move on to much bigger lives in football. I have played all over and worked under many coaches and I can say that Stuart is the best tactical coach that I have ever played and worked under. He is of international quality.”

The new "Savonetta Boys” signings joined the likes of goalkeepers Julani Archibald, a 21-year-old St. Kitts/Nevis international, Terrence Lewis, 23, and goalkeeper coach/player Aquelius Sylvester, 33; defenders Kurt Frederick, a 24-year-old St. Lucia international, Gerard Williams, a 27-year-old St. Kitts/Nevis international, Maurice Ford, 19, Alvin Jones, 21, Shannon Gomez, 18, Christian Viveros, a 25-year-old Colombian, and Triston Hodge, 20; midfielders Jomal Williams, 21, Aikim Andrews, 19, Stiven Lopez Concha, a 23-year-old Colombia midfielder, Jabari Mitchell, 18, Neil Benjamin Jr., 21, and Anfernee Frederick, a 19-year-old Dominica international; and forwards Dimitrie Apai, a 21-year-old Suriname international, Shahdon Winchester, 23, and Shirvone St Prix, a 20-year-old St. Lucia international.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ‘Legend’ Andre Toussaint returns to W Connection
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2015, 03:49:07 PM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: ‘Legend’ Andre Toussaint returns to W Connection
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2015, 06:36:35 PM »
Yuh damn right he has a sweet first touch. That is the skill one needs to handle playing against say Central Americans like Mexican teams where they rush you in a high-traffic midfield.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 06:38:44 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Andre Toussaint Thread
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2015, 06:32:38 AM »
One of de best midfielders who never took it or got a good break.

Toussaint is a real technical player.

He is 34, maybe he could still give we a year or two?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Andre Toussaint Thread
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2015, 06:53:04 AM »
One of de best midfielders who never took it or got a good break.

Toussaint is a real technical player.

He is 34, maybe he could still give we a year or two?

Nice thought .... but Big Mag threw cold water on that the other day when he gave the impression that he looked unfit at the time.

I wish he had a year or two as handling balls in traffic would be a breeze for him. He kinda smally though and rough central smerican opposition used to throw him down. Possibly the answer to that would be to push him up by the box and collect Nuff free kicks or penalties. BraveHart take note.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 06:56:12 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

1]; } ?>