April 29, 2024, 05:07:04 AM

Author Topic: U.S.A. hoping to get there Christmas present in june 2006...  (Read 3171 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
U.S.A. hoping to get there Christmas present in june 2006...
« on: December 26, 2005, 10:42:13 AM »
WC: USA Christmas wishes six months early

For most hardcore soccer fans in the United States, they're hoping for one thing and one thing only and they're thinking about putting that present on layaway for about six months

What every diehard USA fan wants is the United States to come out of Group E at the World Cup and then continue through at least the semifinals. It's fair to imagine that a good number of those fans are based in the real world and would be more than satisfied with that kind of performance. Given all the factors that have been proven over and over again in consistently reaching the latter stages of the World Cup, a semifinal visit following the quarterfinal run in 2002 would give the U.S. an enormous boost in world credibility.

Please don't misunderstand ... nothing could possibly make American fans more happy than winning the trophy, but with only seven different countries having accomplished the feat so far, it's simple to see how difficult it truly is.

A great deal of doom and gloom has circulated the Internet boards about the impossibility facing the U.S. team. In a recent Fox Sports World Report Topic of the Week, roughly 70% of the viewers who responded mirrored this sentiment.

The question is why?

There is always a surprise team that exceeds all expectations.

The South Koreans did it in 2002, trumping the quality performance of the U.S. The hosts' performances were widely questioned due to the surrounding controversies from their Round of 16 match against Italy and their quarterfinal victory over Spain, but no one can question their fantastic displays during the group stage and the Koreans were not outclassed by the Germans in the semifinal.

In 1998, the small nation of Croatia successfully navigated its way through a group stage with Argentina, Japan and Jamaica, then reached the quarterfinals and dismantled Germany 3-0 before bowing out against the eventual champions France in the semifinals.

It was Sweden who produced the stir at USA 94 by coming out of a tough group with Brazil, Russia and Cameroon, then cruising all the way into the semifinals where they were knocked out by Brazil.

So why can't the U.S. be Germany's big surprise?

U.S. players Oguchi Onyewu, Landon Donovan and Kasey Keller will have to be at their very best to beat the Czechs. (Ronald Martinez/Staff / Getty Images)

The United States' problem used to be finding a skilled player for a position. Now, Bruce Arena is forced to experiment with a left-sided midfielder at left back to try and get his best players all on the field at the same time.

In other words, there's a depth on the U.S. squad that no American coach has ever had at his disposal.

Goalkeeper Kasey Keller is in top form.

The quality of defenders is deep with solid, experienced professionals such as Cory Gibbs, Oguchi Onyewu, Steve Cherundolo and Carlos Bocanegra, backed up by consistent performers Eddie Pope and Gregg Berhalter.

In the midfield, Claudio Reyna and Landon Donovan are complimented by dangerous wingers in DaMarcus Beasley, Bobby Convey and Eddie Lewis, and up top, Brian McBride is a consistent scorer who will be aided by young up-and-comer Eddie Johnson.

Are there holes? Of course there are holes — unless you're Brazil, there are going to be holes.

But was every Croatian on the field who played their best in 1998 a household name and a first-teamer for Real Madrid? Aljosa Asanovic started for the Croats against Germany - hardly considered one of the world's best at the time.

The USA will prove a difficult opponent for the Czechs, Italians and Ghanaians. The most important result of all with be getting off to a good start with points against the Czech Republic.

Few gave the Americans a chance against Portugal in the opening game of 2002, but they came through with the win. The U.S. will have to be even better to beat the Czechs as they will not be taking the CONCACAF champions lightly, but it most certainly can be done. The Czechs qualified in their UEFA World Cup qualifying group by destroying the minnows — the matches of greatest relevance, against Holland and Romania, they won one and lost three.

Put that in your stocking.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 10:53:40 AM by Tallman »

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U.S.A. hoping to get there Christmas present in june 2006...
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 12:34:08 PM »
oh lawd.........
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 12:49:52 PM »
Why Portugal hadda go lose dat match? We ent go hear d end of this now

Ah woulda like to hear an American reporter comment on d senior team success after d last WC outside of CONCACAF. Would be a real short article.

Seasons Greetings to all.... even d Americans, respect due  :)

Offline marcovbasten

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 02:17:28 AM »

usa does not have the quality to go to the 2nd round
and why some people still underestimate the chechs,i dont know,but after this worldcup you will think different
usa can not take points from the chechs because the chechs are way better.

and please dont let the americans compare themselves to european players

its just the same that we (dutch) say that we would win the worldbowl(or at least reach the semi final)

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 05:07:25 AM »
oh f**k America nuh. Dey are not going to win ANYTHING.They are going to make fools of themselves when they get pounded by EVERY team in their group including the team of their wonder boy's real origin GHANA.

They are going to be brought back to earth in such a horrifying way that each US soccer player will simultaneously retire from "SOCCER" altogether in the next decade all American "soccer players" will be forced to call it football. As punishment for their idioticly arrogant pre-WC statements and predictions.

"Beauty killed the beast"

well if dey'z about the equivelant of a squirel den a big bottom trini gyul go have dem headless in ah gutter soon.

HOWS THAT FOR A PREDICTION!?
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 07:46:57 AM »
Jeffers De U.S.A bussing al a dem rassclaut cum a wrl cup ..Trust mi. I backing TNT and DE U.S.A to de fullest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who na back de U.S go live a f**kin Czechs, Itali or ghana ..is blows like fuss time for dem teams trus mi !!!!!!!!!!!! I betting dollars cum round wrl cup time.. I tekin paypal ..money order..cashiers check..cash.. foodstamps..anything even if yu have a gal pon de side a tekin dat too....U.S.A Bussing dem team up like fusstime!!!!!!!
war mad ..angry and cross!!!!!!!!!!!
"a full time de Governemnt of TNT gave our players sumthin..anyting..gave our players a f**kin thank yu card if dem cya gave no money!!!!!!!!!! I gurantee Panday oulda sell one of his houses innah England and gave sum money to de players..Manning sell Hazel gave our players what dey deserve!!!!!!!!!!!! ...
stop de f**kery TNT players deserve sumthin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
war..
"mi mad vexs crazy and cross doh romp wid  mi"
Black Lives Matter..

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2005, 07:47:29 AM »
Jeffers De U.S.A bussing al a dem rassclaut cum a wrl cup ..Trust mi. I backing TNT and DE U.S.A to de fullest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who na back de U.S go live a f**kin Czechs, Itali or ghana ..is blows like fuss time for dem teams trus mi !!!!!!!!!!!! I betting dollars cum round wrl cup time.. I tekin paypal ..money order..cashiers check..cash.. foodstamps..anything even if yu have a gal pon de side a tekin dat too....U.S.A Bussing dem team up like fusstime!!!!!!!
war mad ..angry and cross!!!!!!!!!!!
"a full time de Governemnt of TNT gave our players sumthin..anyting..gave our players a f**kin thank yu card if dem cya gave no money!!!!!!!!!! I gurantee Panday oulda sell one of his houses innah England and gave sum money to de players..Manning sell Hazel gave our players what dey deserve!!!!!!!!!!!! ...
stop de f**kery TNT players deserve sumthin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
war..
"mi mad vexs crazy and cross doh romp wid  mi"
Black Lives Matter..

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2005, 08:55:30 AM »
monga ah cannot agree with yuh dey.yuh backin usa because they from concacaf,reasonable enough.but i just doh like de usa team.americans attitude in my book worse than ah ole nigga and ah drunk coolie put together.they feel they owe the fukin world.i cannot wait for the cut arse arena and he bullers will get.i will tell yuh something though america will be in the mix one day.that is they nature. TO WIN.ah hope ah dead b4 that time come.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2005, 09:12:58 AM »
monga ah cannot agree with yuh dey.yuh backin usa because they from concacaf,reasonable enough.but i just doh like de usa team.americans attitude in my book worse than ah ole nigga and ah drunk coolie put together.they feel they owe the f**kin world.i cannot wait for the cut arse arena and he bullers will get.i will tell yuh something though america will be in the mix one day.that is they nature. TO WIN.ah hope ah dead b4 that time come.
Yu see mi bet bredda..Cum early wrlcup I predict U.S.A beating team like fuss time....
warmonga "vexs..angry mad.. cross"
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2005, 01:41:48 PM »
monga ah cannot agree with yuh dey.yuh backin usa because they from concacaf,reasonable enough.but i just doh like de usa team.americans attitude in my book worse than ah ole nigga and ah drunk coolie put together.they feel they owe the f**kin world.i cannot wait for the cut arse arena and he bullers will get.i will tell yuh something though america will be in the mix one day.that is they nature. TO WIN.ah hope ah dead b4 that time come.

ENT

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2005, 01:59:49 PM »
US was lucky to beat portugal but like they say lightning doh strike twice and besides the czechs being better than the US, the Us never win a match on European soil in their entire history so it go be another eight years before they win because the next world cup is in south africa  

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2005, 02:06:28 PM »

I agree with yuh breds, me eh want dem win a game either, but d reason d US so arrogant and cocky so is cause they put the necessary things in place to achieve that success and they will achieve it someday. I eh go lie, if dey get out of that group it won't be the shock of the century and allyuh must agree is countries like d US and Mexico need to start consistently challenging for football in our confederation to be taken seriously on a global scale. Teams from concacaf can't be settling for a second round apperance and be happy all d time. US and Mex have the best infastructure in the region to start challenging now, we go come through in 2010 and take over everything. But watch out for Mexico dis tournament, dem is dark horse, dey already have the experience playing in Germany in the summer with basically d same squad, i feel dey good for at least a semi final appearance.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline naps_girl_7

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2005, 09:42:03 PM »
as my father put it d other day: "Iz ah shame USA not in we group. I woulda like to see we boys buss dey tail." ;D

ah fairly sure dey could never get d better of Italy and Czech Republic, an if dey do, well :'( but dey have d funding and dey make d preparations so dey have a chance.

an dis off topic but it does damn irritate meh to hear people calling football "soccer". jeez man, d rest of d world does call it 'football' but USA just have to be different an call RUGBY 'FOOTBALL' and call FOOTBALL 'SOCCER'.
why ??? and well Australia too. oh well.  :-\
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 09:46:27 PM by naps_girl_7 »
T&T... WE WANT AH GOAL!!!

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2005, 07:34:22 AM »
by 2010 U.S.A National team will be de best innah de world..beating team like Germany ..england wid ease trus mi..Doh sleep on de U.S.. Remember de U.S.A is made  up of Immigrants from around de world..and around de world football is de # 1 sport..so who care if America call football soccer?.. dat aint nothin..  U.S.A have a rght to be cocky dem beating teams like fuss time.. I aint backing no Ghana over my Concacaf team and warmonga adopted home ..But backing another team do not suprise me since I know nuff Trinidadians was backing Bahrain to  beat there Born land..But mi backing Ghana chezh and Italy over A concacaf team and my adopted home?/ ..Unnuh mussi  crazy!!!!!!!!!!! If TNT dont win de world cup is U.S.A all de way.... U.S>A coach have said a lot of bad things about TNT but I do not support him I support Team U.S.A also U.S.A have own Trinidad so let dem gwan talk when we start beating U.S.A or even getting a tie against U.S.A then we could sey U.S. coach talking f**kery...but right now low de man..His team have own US.. Long plain and straight!!!!!!!!!
warmonga.. gwan TNT gwan U.S.A!!!!!!!!!!!
Mi mad vexs angry miserable and cross!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2005, 12:16:36 PM »
by 2010 U.S.A National team will be de best innah de world..beating team like Germany ..england wid ease trus mi..Doh sleep on de U.S.. Remember de U.S.A is made  up of Immigrants from around de world..and around de world football is de # 1 sport..so who care if America call football soccer?.. dat aint nothin..  U.S.A have a rght to be cocky dem beating teams like fuss time.. I aint backing no Ghana over my Concacaf team and warmonga adopted home ..But backing another team do not suprise me since I know nuff Trinidadians was backing Bahrain to  beat there Born land..But mi backing Ghana chezh and Italy over A concacaf team and my adopted home?/ ..Unnuh mussi  crazy!!!!!!!!!!! If TNT dont win de world cup is U.S.A all de way.... U.S>A coach have said a lot of bad things about TNT but I do not support him I support Team U.S.A also U.S.A have own Trinidad so let dem gwan talk when we start beating U.S.A or even getting a tie against U.S.A then we could sey U.S. coach talking f**kery...but right now low de man..His team have own US.. Long plain and straight!!!!!!!!!
warmonga.. gwan TNT gwan U.S.A!!!!!!!!!!!
Mi mad vexs angry miserable and cross!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat you on drugs das all. bredrin you need to chill. USA will never be the best football team in the world. When there are teams like Brazil and Italy and Germany they'll never be the best! NEVER. AND if it, by some chance, did happen then i would throw myself off a building.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2005, 05:59:36 PM »
for real ah feel monga on some kinda new cocaine.they will be good one day but not in 2010 or 2014 or even 2018.but hear me NOW,WHERE WILL TNT FOOTBALL BE BY THE YEAR 2014.it go b usa and cr and panama fighting for 4th spot.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2005, 06:00:30 PM »
for real ah feel monga on some kinda new cocaine.they will be good one day but not in 2010 or 2014 or even 2018.but hear me NOW,WHERE WILL TNT FOOTBALL BE BY THE YEAR 2014.it go b usa and cr and panama fighting for 4th spot.

I HEARIN DAT!!  :D

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2005, 07:36:56 AM »
Mi de pon sum serious High grade always.. but trus mi, dat is all mi haffi sey... Warmonga na tell no lie..memba when mi sey change Hislop and TNT will reach de wrld cup..memba when mi sey get points against Costa rica and TNT will reach de world cup.. memba when mi sey Jack tekin tnt to de world cup...Yow Moderators..unnuh better do unnuh Job and bring back dem achieves fi de boys dem..war de pon a mission.. and watch mi nuh....watch how yu talkin bout Panama before mi bredgin RF kick yu up..memba sey RF predict TNT cya beat Panama!!!!!!! mi a wonda sumtime if RF is Miss cleo Husband from sum of his predictions when it cums to TNT but I aint gonna go further innah dat subject before mi get cuss bad wud from RF..so ..forget wey mi sey  RF,  a joke mi a mek...zeen. ;D.!!!!!!!!!
war..
"Mi mad vexs..mi mad mad..mi head gone..yow mi cross!!!!!!!!!!!"
Black Lives Matter..

1]; } ?>